Start by marking “Against the Boards (Indianapolis Eagles Series Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Against the Boards (Indianapolis Eagles Series Book 5)

Against the Boards (Indianapolis Eagles Series Book 5)

Reese Blackwood

I’m called America’s sweetheart.
They say I have the voice of an angel.
I almost gave all that up, thanks to a traumatic experience at the start of my career. Instead of letting it define me, I chose to rise above. I showed everyone what a woman on a mission could accomplish, and now I’m living my dream.

After one chance meeting, my entire world changes. Aust
ebook
Expected publication: February 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Against the Boards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Against the Boards

Lindsay
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reese and Austin are great together. They have an “easy” friendship long distance that turns into a blooming romance. I don’t mean easy-easy, they still have their troubles to deal with like every couple, but they fit together easily. I love their chemistry and how they grow together, working through their issues instead of taking the simplest path.
This book was a bit fluffy, but very enjoyable.
I would recommend it.
Shelly Reynolds
"You're just so perfect."
"I promise, I'm not perfect."
"You might not think you're perfect, but you are. You're perfect for me."

This was such a sweet story. These two are just too adorable for words!!

Reese Blackwood, rising country music singer, isn't looking for a man. After what happened with her first manager, and her former band, she has no trust for the gender. But, there's something about the tall, muscled, and sweet hockey player that's making her re-think that philosophy. Their crazy sch
Paulette
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author loves hockey. She has more details about the game than any writer I’ve come across. I have to admit I love when an author loves what they write about because the real ness come through crystal clear.

She also delves into the players minds and gives us a look into both rookie and seasoned players minds and how they view things. How they mature in their outlooks. What I really appreciate is she is truthful she doesn’t hurl bull about how players can be. She’s real.
The language she uses
Lisa Hemming
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Falling in love doesn’t follow any rules and is never easy but sometimes, with just one glance, you know when you have met your soulmate. That is what happened to Reese and Austin; she was a busy country singer and he was a talented hockey player. From the moment they met, their connection was intense and could not be ignored. Reese didn’t have to think twice when Austin asked her out after one of her concerts. He knew immediately that he wanted to spend as much time with her as he could until t ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR FROM SAMANTHA LIND!
(scuse the All Caps, not yelling, but definitely squealing)

As I read the others in the series before this book, I felt as if I was learning the author's writing style and each book was getting better and better and it was like they have leaded up to this one. I 100% adored this book!

Austin and Reese are two very unlikely people to end up together. He is a hockey player who definitely was not looking to get series with anyone and she is Amer
This book was so exciting! A country music star and a hockey player!?! Talk about a power couple! But really, this book was fun, and I think probably one of my favorite sport romances so far this year!

Reese is a country music singer, in the midst of her first world tour. Her professional star is rising, but she has pushed aside any hopes for a personal relationship. Until she meets Austin, a hockey player with the Indianapolis Eagles. There is an immediate connection, but with her tour schedule
Johnaka
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Against the Boards by Samantha Lind
“Long distance relationship, 3.5 stars”

Reese is taking the world by storm with her music and one chance encounter puts Austin in front of her. They instantly connect but between both of their travel schedules syncing up in next to impossible. Thank the lord for technology. Will they finally be able to spend some time together once life calms down?
Austin was perfectly happy with his life and his hockey game, then Reese came into his life. She kicked everything u
Bibliophile  Chloe
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Indianapolis Eagles Book 5

Ms. Lind has the lockdown on sweet and sexy stories.

Against the Boards is the story of Reese and Austin.

Reese is a country superstar with a bit of shaky past.  Being a singer is all she has ever wanted to be and she has come through her history with strength and grace.

Austin is a hockey superstar in his prime.  He does what he loves and he does it well.

Reese and Austin's relationship is magic to read.  From the separations to the reunions it was beautiful and what tru
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I have read this entire series and the characters are all super sweet. It’s great how I got to catch up with previous couples in the series in this book too; finding out how they are getting on was lovely.

Reese and Austin are very cute; Austin coming from The Indianapolis Eagles Hockey Team and Reese being a successful County Singer, these two have an instant spark. Austin is sweet and patient with Reese. Their relationship is a gradual build up as they are both very busy people; both on tour a
Christi Fowler
Genre: Romance - Sports (Hockey), Rockstar
Standalone: Yes
Part of a Series: Yes Book 5 of the Indianapolis Eagles series Each book is a standalone but as the books progress you get to see the HEA's of earlier couples
POV: Reese and Austin
Steam Level: Slow Burn to Hot
4.5/5

Against the Boards is the fifth book in the Indianapolis Eagles series. I've read all fives books and love that you continue to see previous couples' HEAs. Samantha Lind writes in a unique style that is refreshing. While she deals
Sharon Jones
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
I have loved every single book in this series, and I am really hoping that there will be more books featuring the Indianapolis Eagles in the not too distant future.
What I love most about this series is the attention to detail Samantha puts into the story. Every book has had an incredible amount of on ice action, but with Reese & Austin's story we are able to take a sneak peak into the world of a country singer on tour.
Reese and Austin both
Angie McGuire
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just love books like this... Characters that have immediate chemistry and there is NO drama. I love learning about each character, as they do the same. It's refreshing and positive and perfect.

Austin plays hockey and Reese is a famous country singer. If you thought being in one of those professions was stressful on a relationship, can you imagine having both jobs taking away your time, while building new friendships? This book let's you see inside two people falling in love, balancing careers
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
My little heart just can’t handle how perfect every man Samantha Lind writes is. I swear every time I pick up another book for her thinking they can’t get any better and then I’m completely blown away. Austin and Reese have one of the sweetest most heartwarming stories ever, full of moments that will sweep you off your feet leave you happy sighing.
I loved the slower build to steam these two had with their long distance start. While their connection was instant their careers kept them physically
Hazel
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reese and Austin make for an absolute perfect love affair. The sparks fly between them from the beginning and quickly ignite into flames of love.

I love this series. I have never really had an interest in hockey but Samantha has made this so interesting that I may actually watch some games on tv.

Reese has such a big heart and when it comes to her fans she is awesome. Her Nana is a whoot and adds to the fun in this book.
Austin is an all out good guy and loves Reese without question.

I loved the p
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet, sexy book about finding love and keeping it going when your lives are in two different places. I enjoyed Reece and Austin’s story, how they met and fell quickly, but didn’t get to spend enough time together for the relationship to grow. How they talked everyday whilst Austin was playing games all over the country with the Eagles ice hockey team and Reece was on a European tour with her band. When they finally get 3 weeks together and all the pent up feelings explode in heat between the ...more
Sharon
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story! Samantha rocked this one!
Meet country superstar Reese, just finished her performance in Indy, and has a special meet & greet with some of the Indy Eagles hockey team. That's where she meets Austin, pro hockey player, and they hit it off!
While Reese is still on tour, her & Austin talk on the phone all the time. They build an amazing friendship before taking on a relationship.
Their story was beautifully built, I absolutely fell in love with these two! A nice refresh
Heather andrews
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Austin really hates when his girl isn't by his side, “nope, my alarm went off and when I turned it off, I realized you weren’t in bed with me. I was hoping to wake up with you still in my arms,” he says with a pouty look on his face." Austin thinks he's a funny man, “can you blame me? I walked into the bedroom, expecting to find you getting dressed, maybe putting on some makeup, but instead, I find you naked without me in the shower.” I found this to be a sweet read, with naughty bits and I love ...more
Megan Hitchcock
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
SUPER CUTE READ!!!

Austin and Reese are so adorable together. They show us how to navigate a long distance relationship and make it work.

Of course they had some super sexy times together as well to make the story come full circle.

Samantha Lind also broached sensitive subject that we have been seeing more and more in the news. I thought it was a good idea on her part and it gave the plot a little more substance.

Super easy read. If you are a hockey, you will love it!

Can't wait for more! :)
Julie
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the book of Austin and Reese. A perfect match for each other! Reese had dealt with a difficult issue previously in her career in which Austin displayed the perfect amount of understanding, patience and support for, while their relationship developed. Each one in this series keeps getting better, and I don't want the book to end once I start reading. Can't wait to see what comes next!
Jackie Ziegler
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reese is a country music star not looking for a relationship since she is constantly on the road. Austin is a superstar with the Eagles and never thought about settling with one person with his hectic schedule. When Reese is in Indy for a concert and they meet there is instant chemistry. This book takes you on a journey of two people with hectic lives finding love and making all their dreams come true.
Lauren
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is so much fun to read and the fact that the aiyjor nails her hockey talk is a perfect plus. When hockey meets country music you get one heck of a ride. These two are so good together and I love that she holds off in the beginning and he waits for her cues. I love that they travel together and keep each other motivated and up beat. There families are super supportive of them and I think thats a huge help. Loved the ending.
Jillian Kerr
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Against the Boards is a great addition to the Eagles series! This storyline is a little different than most in that Reese and Austin spent the majority of it in a long distant relationship. It was tricky but they somehow made it work, fell in love and were in total support of the other. When they were together there were plenty of hot moments and fun banter between the two. I loved getting updated on the rest of the Eagles and hope there is more to come from this series!!
Teri
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
The first time he met her he was a goner. The attraction was instant but they took it slow. Long conversations, long distance crazy schedules gave them the chance to learn more about each other. Family and friends, making the best of the time they had together. A sweet sexy story of two people making a crazy lifestyle work with the love and chemistry they share. Great characters and supporting characters to make the story more enjoyable.
Lisa H
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She’s a famous country star.
He’s all about hockey.

Reese has a world tour she’s headlining.
Traveling from city to city.

Austin needs to focus on hockey, not the girl.
They are both twenty five and dealing with fame and trying to make their connection work.

Shari
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Against the Boards pulled me in right away held me until the end. Austin and Reese have quite the chemistry and steam up the pages. I love how their relationship develops into a HEA. This book gave me all the feels. This was a sweet, enjoyable romance.

ARC given in exchange for an honest review.
Jennifer Richey
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reese is a country star and Austin is a hockey star player. How will these two be able to work it out long distance? This was a sweet story I could feel the love in the book!!
Ashley
Full Review to come.
Lauren Hutchinson
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very well written and enjoyable story. The storyline was very enjoyable and kept my interest throughout. The characters were very likeable and easy to read about. A great addition to the series.
Feb 05, 2019