Start by marking “Against the Boards (Indianapolis Eagles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Against the Boards (Indianapolis Eagles, #5)

Against the Boards

(Indianapolis Eagles #5)

Reese Blackwood

I’m called America’s sweetheart.
They say I have the voice of an angel.
I almost gave all that up, thanks to a traumatic experience at the start of my career. Instead of letting it define me, I chose to rise above. I showed everyone what a woman on a mission could accomplish, and now I’m living my dream.

After one chance meeting, my entire world changes. Aust
ebook
Published February 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Against the Boards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Against the Boards

Start your review of Against the Boards (Indianapolis Eagles, #5)
Lindsay
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reese and Austin are great together. They have an “easy” friendship long distance that turns into a blooming romance. I don’t mean easy-easy, they still have their troubles to deal with like every couple, but they fit together easily. I love their chemistry and how they grow together, working through their issues instead of taking the simplest path.
This book was a bit fluffy, but very enjoyable.
I would recommend it.
Shelly Reynolds
"You're just so perfect."
"I promise, I'm not perfect."
"You might not think you're perfect, but you are. You're perfect for me."

This was such a sweet story. These two are just too adorable for words!!

Reese Blackwood, rising country music singer, isn't looking for a man. After what happened with her first manager, and her former band, she has no trust for the gender. But, there's something about the tall, muscled, and sweet hockey player that's making her re-think that philosophy. Their crazy sch
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Against The Boards is another amazing and yes I keep saying it with every book but this series is simply amazing. The way Samantha writes has me reading till late in the night till I finish the book because I just have to know what happens in the end and I am never disappointed.

Reese and Austin are opposites and they attract. They have this chemistry between them that is undeniable and the two of them are hot for each other. So you are probably thinking what is the problem...... well Reese is a
Diane Lynch
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Samantha Lin is on a winning streak with AGAINST THE BOARDS, the fifth book in the Indianapolis Eagles series. Hockey star, Austin Jones and country singer, Reese Blackwood, are both focused on their careers. However, after meeting each other, they cannot deny their chemistry wondering if they could make a long-distance relationship work.

I was looking forward to reading Austin’s and Reese’s story since book 4, PROTECTING HER HEART. Austin is Mark’s teammate, and Laura’s brother is the drummer is
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book in this amazing series and is Austin and Reese’s story. These two could not be more different; a country singer and a hockey player. The chemistry between these two is intense, but with schedules which are not often aligned, they made it work. Going through the trials and tribulations of a long distance relationship and trust issues, these two worked hard and grew as their relationship progressed. No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! Thi ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
3.5 Hearts

This is the 5th book in the series but can easily be read as a stand alone. It is a slow burn romance with a great friendship developed before they move ahead with a relationship. I liked Austin and Reese as characters. I enjoyed all the hockey moments as well.

The book is mostly fluff with a small bit of tension thrown in. It was a quick afternoon read for me and really did not leave me with anything more to say. Run of the mill romance with a sweet HEA.

My main issues with this autho
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
Against the boards was one of the sweetest books I’ve read this year! Filled with fun and laughter and not at all what you would expect from a Country music Star and Ice hockey champion but I was in love! The chemistry between both characters was in abundance from the start, there flirting was fun and light hearted and although Reese had serious trust issues when it came to men she quickly realised Austin would never allow anything to hurt her even him!

A truly amazing read that let me catch up
Christine
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Against the Boards by Samantha Lind is a sweet tale of long distance love between a hockey hunk and country music starlet. We've got another sweet romance with no drama or tension just tons of heat! Reese and Austin will ignite your kindle with some super hot scenes that made even me blush. Great hockey action scenes as well!
Ashley
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Am unforeseen love between two totally workaholics who have crazy schedules! Ashley @ Carolina Chic’s Read.

What do a Championship Hockey Player and a Country Music Star have in common? You wouldn’t think much but when these two get together the chemistry that is between them changes their lives. The schedules that these two have it is a hard road to find whether or not the chemistry can build a relationship. These two make you laugh and want nothing but the best for them. I loved reading this st
Island Girl Romance Reads
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Reese and Austin’s book. It was a beautiful and sweet book.
Reese has trust issues after a traumatic experience in her past. Love how patience Austin was with Reece.
Love the storyline and this series is getting better and better.
J. Nathan
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read the other books in the series but didn’t need to in order to enjoy this swoonworthy romance between a country singer and a hockey player. Zero angst and a lot of love❤️
Sharon
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story! Samantha rocked this one!
Meet country superstar Reese, just finished her performance in Indy, and has a special meet & greet with some of the Indy Eagles hockey team. That's where she meets Austin, pro hockey player, and they hit it off!
While Reese is still on tour, her & Austin talk on the phone all the time. They build an amazing friendship before taking on a relationship.
Their story was beautifully built, I absolutely fell in love with these two! A nice refreshing rela
The Book Lover
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story kept me hooked until the very end! very likeable characters and just enough hockey talk! just the way I like it!
World Of Books 65
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this series - and the the 5th book has not disappointed!

As with all the series there is also an underlining story with meaning which I love and this focuses on Reeses ex manager who is in prison awaiting trail for sexual conduct with various women within the industry - Reese has to testify at the trail and with Austin by her side she is able to hold her head up high. Having said that it is a feel good easy read book that warms your heart from start to finish and makes you have that
Paulette
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author loves hockey. She has more details about the game than any writer I’ve come across. I have to admit I love when an author loves what they write about because the real ness come through crystal clear.

She also delves into the players minds and gives us a look into both rookie and seasoned players minds and how they view things. How they mature in their outlooks. What I really appreciate is she is truthful she doesn’t hurl bull about how players can be. She’s real.
The language she uses
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Against the Boards is book five in the Indianapolis Eagles series and each book can be read as a standalone if you choose to not read the series. Each time we get a new hockey player story it just keeps getting hotter and you cannot help but want to win the cup each time. I love that you get to see the continuing teammates and the WAGs and never feel like you don’t know them if you haven’t read the series. The author does an awesome job keeping you in the loop on the teammates.
Inquiring minds w
Sunny Shelly Reads
Against The Boards is another sweet, cute, easy read in Samantha Lind’s Indianapolis Eagles series. This book follows Austin and country sweetheart Reese. Her drummer, Michael, is the brother of Laura from Protecting Her Heart (#4). While the scene where Reese and Austin first meet actually takes place in the previous book, Against The Boards is a true standalone within this series.

What I liked most about this story was how the reader got the inside look at Reese and Austin’s long-distance relat
Ga Books LoverX
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR FROM SAMANTHA LIND!
(scuse the All Caps, not yelling, but definitely squealing)

As I read the others in the series before this book, I felt as if I was learning the author's writing style and each book was getting better and better and it was like they have leaded up to this one. I 100% adored this book!

Austin and Reese are two very unlikely people to end up together. He is a hockey player who definitely was not looking to get series with anyone and she is Amer
Jennifer Copeland
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Against the Boards by Samantha Lind is a fantastic book! I am enjoying reading the Indianapolis Eagles series! This is the 5th book in this series. Make sure you read the previous four books in this series before reading Against the Boards.
Against the Boards by Samantha Lind tells the romance of popular Country Singer Reese Blackwood and Austin Jones who plays for the Indianapolis Eagles. The pair meets backstage of Reese's concert and the sparks fly between the pair. Reese and Austin are so att
This book was so exciting! A country music star and a hockey player!?! Talk about a power couple! But really, this book was fun, and I think probably one of my favorite sport romances so far this year!

Reese is a country music singer, in the midst of her first world tour. Her professional star is rising, but she has pushed aside any hopes for a personal relationship. Until she meets Austin, a hockey player with the Indianapolis Eagles. There is an immediate connection, but with her tour schedule
Clare Harrison
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
She sings her heart out, as she tours the country. Songs sung from her heart.

The shadow that hung over her receding by the day, as she reconnects with her love of music.

He judged her before he met her, but now he really sees her and how down to earth she is.

Talk is easy between them, but a night is short. Hours vanishing in seconds.

Their lives complicated by both distance and lack of real time .. can they make it work?

Another sweet romance by Samantha. I've thoroughly enjoyed this series meeting
Kari Hansen
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having been burnt by men in the past all Reese wants to do is focus on her career as an up and coming country music singer. When she meets Austin there is no denying the chemistry and connection between them but with their schedules being together is difficult.

Austin is a hockey player for the Indianapolis Eagles whose busy schedule never seems to leave room for a relationship. When he meets Reese she is the first woman to have him reconsider that idea.

They make the most of the time that they ca
Melena Torretta
May 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs, 2019
Reese is a country music star and Austin plays hockey for the Eagles. After meeting at one of Reese's concerts they strike up a friendship with the potential for it to turn into more.

I certainly get that there was an attraction there from the first meeting, but it didn't feel realistic that after knowing each other for maybe an hour she would agree to leave with him to go somewhere completely alone. Also the story then jumps to six weeks later and says they have a budding friendship but we get t
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Against the Boards by Samantha Lind
“Long distance relationship, 3.5 stars”

Reese is taking the world by storm with her music and one chance encounter puts Austin in front of her. They instantly connect but between both of their travel schedules syncing up in next to impossible. Thank the lord for technology. Will they finally be able to spend some time together once life calms down?
Austin was perfectly happy with his life and his hockey game, then Reese came into his life. She kicked everything u
Bibliophile  Chloe
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Indianapolis Eagles Book 5

Ms. Lind has the lockdown on sweet and sexy stories.

Against the Boards is the story of Reese and Austin.

Reese is a country superstar with a bit of shaky past.  Being a singer is all she has ever wanted to be and she has come through her history with strength and grace.

Austin is a hockey superstar in his prime.  He does what he loves and he does it well.

Reese and Austin's relationship is magic to read.  From the separations to the reunions it was beautiful and what tru
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I have read this entire series and the characters are all super sweet. It’s great how I got to catch up with previous couples in the series in this book too; finding out how they are getting on was lovely.

Reese and Austin are very cute; Austin coming from The Indianapolis Eagles Hockey Team and Reese being a successful County Singer, these two have an instant spark. Austin is sweet and patient with Reese. Their relationship is a gradual build up as they are both very busy people; both on tour a
Christi Fowler
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Romance - Sports (Hockey), Rockstar
Standalone: Yes
Part of a Series: Yes Book 5 of the Indianapolis Eagles series Each book is a standalone but as the books progress you get to see the HEA's of earlier couples
POV: Reese and Austin
Steam Level: Slow Burn to Hot
4.5/5

Against the Boards is the fifth book in the Indianapolis Eagles series. I've read all fives books and love that you continue to see previous couples' HEAs. Samantha Lind writes in a unique style that is refreshing. While she deals
Up All Night With Books
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Samantha Lind has written yet another amazing book! Against the Boards is standalone and is installment five in the Indianapolis Eagles series. If you love fluffy romance, this is your type of book. I promise.

In Against the Boards we meet Reese and Austin. Reese is a country music megastar and Austin is a star hockey player for the Eagles. Reese is not looking for a relationship when she meets Austin and vice versa but they
Sarah Dale
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
3.5 Stars

This is book 5 in this series and is another sweet romance with slightly more heat then the rest of the series so far. This is Austin and Reese's story and these two couldn't be more different.

Reese is a country singer. All she ever wanted to be was a singer and she has survived her past to fulfil her dream. She isn't looking for a man, she doesn't trust them but there is something about the sexy hockey player that makes her feel safe.

Austin is the hockey superstar. He is a typical play
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy of the book before release for an honest review.

I LOVE Samantha Lind romances. She is pretty much an auto buy author for me. And this is a really fun one.

This is Austin's story and he is friends with the couples featured in this series and is a hockey player. This is book 5 and each story is a stand alone.

Reese is a singer and meets Austin at one of her concerts. The two form a friendship and get romantic but Austin is about to leave on an International tour and so they
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wheeler (Seattle Sharks #8)
  • Luca (Chicago Blaze, #2)
  • Nate (Las Vegas Sidewinders #11)
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Defender (Seattle Sharks #9)
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Kissing Killian (Face-Off Legacy Book 5)
  • Dump and Chase (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #1)
  • This Is Love (This is, #3)
  • This Is Wild (This is, #2)
  • Changing Lines (Bellevue Bullies, #5)
  • Jocking Jameson (Face-Off Legacy Book 4)
  • Teaching Tucker (Face-Off Legacy #3)
  • Ethan (Face-Off #5)
  • Axel (Carolina Reapers #1)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
Sign up for Samantha's newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/SLNL

Samantha Lind is a contemporary romance author. Having spent the first 27 years of her life in Alaska, she now calls Iowa home where she lives with her husband and two sons. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, reading, watching hockey (Go Knights Go!), and listening to country music. You can connect with Samantha

Indianapolis Eagles (7 books)
  • Just Say Yes (Indianapolis Eagles, #1)
  • Scoring the Player (Indianapolis Eagles #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Indianapolis Eagles, #3)
  • Protecting Her Heart (Indianapolis Eagles, #4)
  • The First Intermission (Indianapolis Eagles, #6)
  • The Hardest Shot (Indianapolis Eagles, #7)

News & Interviews