Start by marking “Broken Drift” as Want to Read:
Broken Drift

Broken Drift

(Drift #2)

Wyatt
Holding on to regret is poison and I take mine straight up. Fast cars and even faster women—they're my drug of choice. Until I barely survive a crash that destroys my career. Now I'm staring my past in the face and she's even more beautiful than when I walked away.

Isla
I'm wildly clutching at what's left of my shattered life after a failed marriage when he shows up at
Published February 2019 by Adrian R. Hale

To ask other readers questions about Broken Drift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Drift

AJ
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wow, this book came out of nowhere and completely stole my heart! I had never heard of the author, or this series, until I was offered the opportunity to read this book, and I’m normally not one to read series books out of order, but I loved the sound of this one so much that I dove in and it’s so freaking good! The writing is fantastic, the characters are flawed yet loveable, the story is fantastic, and the romance is flirty, sexy, swoony, and just gorgeous. I loved it!

Wyatt’s career a
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Today I finished reading BROKEN DRIFT by –new to me – author Adrian Hale. It seems to be the second book in a series with standalone characters and storylines. Broken Drift is a well developed second chance romance. With Wyatt and Isla - Ms. Hale gave us two strong independent characters that have unfinished business with each other. Not everything is as it seems and the reader should be prepared for twists, turns and antagonists – everything that a good plot should have in store.

My feelings to
She's a Lip Biter
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wyatt, a 28-year-old race car driver, crashes his car badly during heats in the American Drift League’s California circuit and ends up needing extensive rehabilitation and a new car. He moves back home to his parents in Texas for his rehabilitation with great trepidation and meets Isla, again!

Oh, poor Isla, how I wanted to stomp on James, her ex-husband with five-inch stilettos right over his manhood! Yes, that’s violent but then he is such a nasty piece of work. She really can’t catch a break i
Christie72
Broken Drift is an emotional, sexy romance!

Wyatt and Isla met briefly years ago, but their time together was magical. However, the time for them wasn’t right. Fast forward, and fate has brought them back together. The chemistry and pull they feel toward one another is still there, but there is one complication. Isla is the woman who is in charge of helping him heal his body so that he can return to his passion...racing.

Both Wyatt and Isla are broken and have been for years but for different rea
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
What a beautiful read about two characters that have a ton of emotional baggage between the two, a complicated situation, a bit of history and chemistry that is undeniable.

I was sucked into this book from the beginning. I wanted to see these two characters find their happy endings but theirs is not all sunshine and rainbows. There will be a lot of twists and turns, bumps in the road and complications that they will have to work through.

Adrian did such a great job with not only creating two chara
Loren
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this second book in the series through a blogger and am voluntarily leaving my review. We met Wyatt, another drift driver, in book 1, and he played a prominent role in that story. In this book, Wyatt finds he needs to return home to Texas for an extended period of time, where he comes into contact with Isla, a girl from his past who is a physical therapist. They are drawn together, and unbeknownst to both Wyatt and Isla is that their shared past involves more than just their ...more
Melinda
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wyatt and Isla are two different people yet have one thing in common, Brendan. It has been years since they seen each other but the chemistry is still there. I loved that Isla knows what she wants but there are people trying to stop her from having happiness. Then we have Wyatt, a man still stuck in the past. Two people still not healed from the past yet determined to learn to let go. I loved that Adrian wrote Wyatts stort seeing him with Isla was beautiful and hot in each chapter. Hope to see A ...more
Robyn Corcoran
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this story of second chance of love for both Isla and Wyatt.

This author is brilliant at building up characters, both bad and good, and allowing readers to get to know them on a more intimate level. Apart from the lead characters who really did belong together because they fit so well, like pieces of a puzzle well, I must mention James! He was one nasty, self-centred, arrogant, controlling man, to put it politely. The thing is, we are not lead into a full understanding of jus
Once Upon A Romance  Blog
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have read from this author. I was immediately drawn to the synopsis and I was not disappointed. This book can be read as a standalone but there are some characters that are in the other books. The main characters in this book Isla and Wyatt are great. They both have their own baggage but they seem to come to each other in the perfect time in their lives. They truly did make me swoon and get angry at times especially Islas ex husband. But over all this book was great!

Arc
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Adorable! Race-cars, good-looking men, fitness, and love. I found this book to be a cozy read that I looked forward to reading each day. Wyatt and Isla are wonderful and well-developed characters. I truly love a flawed character who strives to overcome their obstacles. This is the case for both Wyatt and Isla.

I was pleased to discover that Adrian R. Hale has written another book in this series and I hope that there will be more. If you like a cozy romance with admirable characters, this is a bo
Kali McQuillen
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read, 2019-arc
3.5* Wyatt and Isla met years ago but never made it past that first night of flirtation. Now when they're at their lowest, they find each other again. Neither were looking for a relationship but both definitely got more than they thought they wanted.

They both had issues, both had problems that they had to work through. Was it going to be too much for one of them.? Would they be able to get where they needed to be personally so they could have the kind of relationship that they desired?
Jo
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is, I think, a lot to like about this multi faceted story.  Each character's individual story arc is immersive and the two together are delightful to read.

There is a lot of emotion packed into the pages, and whilst there might be no surprises as to the outcome, the enjoyment is in the journey.

My one niggle?  The best friend.  She just drops out of the picture completely after serving her purpose.  For me, that feels like an unanswered question.  It did not, however, spoil my enjoyment of t
Brianne Maffett
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

Raquel
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was adorable. The characters-Isla and Wyatt-were the most admirable people I've read in a long time.

The character arcs alone should be enough incentive to read this book but if that's not enough for you then the relationship that Wyatt and Isla develop definitely is. Wyatt needs to confront his past and accept several things before he can start to move on to the future. And Isla needs to come into her own.

Adrian R. Hale constructed those situations so beautifully, they seemed effortles
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wyatt and isle were amazing characters both have so much to offer but demons of past to let go but that's easier said and done when past try to become future. This was an amazing read. Loved it.
Jordan
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wyatt Parker has returned back to Austin, Texas, after a potentially career ending injury. It has sidelined him from drift racing. This sport is his world, his team is his family. Texas holds to many painful memories for him. And Wyatt is not prepared to face the family, that fell apart ten years ago, again. Not when he needs to throw all he has into his recovery. So he can get back to California, his home, back to racing.

An unexpected turn in his plans, comes in the form of the beautiful, pass
Luisa Rivas
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This is not my usual style of book, car race drivers, but the blurb was intriguing. A boy and girl, late teens, meet up and chat in a bar. There were the possibilities of many things, but fate intervened and they never met again. Wyatt leaves Austin, Texas, under the cloud of a tragedy and settles in California where he develops a career in car drifting. Isla was in a hiatus from her relation with a boyfriend who did not give her all the feels, but he was safe, Wyatt never came back, so she sett ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost DNF the book when I found out that Isla is still married to her husband when the story began. It was not cool and it made me worry that there would be cheating. Well, technically she is still married to the other dude when she sleeps with Wyatt, but I was willing to let it go since she is separated from her husband. The ex is such a douche and I wanted to see him crushed and burned. He is the most hated character of the month.

Overall the book was good. It had some weak points, hence th
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
4 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

Adrian Hale is a new to me author. I love books that involve any form of racing and this book was not exception to that. I normally like to read books in order, but I thought I'd give this one a try. I'm glad I did.

Wyatt is a drifter...no really, he drift races. That is until he's injured and is forced to put his career on hold. Needing help, Wyatt moves home to Texas. I have to say, in the beginning I wasn't a fan of Wyatt. I really thought he w
Debbie Rodriguez
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good second chance book. The characters are strong and solid. The interest between Wyatt and Isla is there, however she seems distant at first. Wyatt seems superficial and cocky, you find out that is just a smoke screen to cover his true self.

There is a great cast of supporting characters. Some you will love to hate! Your probably fairly certain how it will end, but the journey there is where it all is!
A solid 4 stars
Lauren Orr
Feb 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star-reads
I received an ARC in return for an honest review. Isla and Wyatt didn’t really do it for me. You had a one night stand 10 years ago. She was on a break for her boyfriend and was planning to get back with him. The story didn’t really draw me in.
Adrian Hale
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lindsey
Whitney
Feb 06, 2019
Kim
Feb 10, 2019
Adrian R. Hale is a whirlwind of energy and optimism, just as ready to tell you about her books as she is to invite you over for cookies. She is a big dreamer and believes in chasing them down with speed and enthusiasm, much like the characters she writes.
You can find her cycling around Austin, TX, running trails, baking gourmet cupcakes, beautifying people for weddings and photo shoots, and trav

Drift (2 books)
  • Drift Heat
“It’s not worth dreaming about what could have been when you’re living a life you love now.
But do I really love where my life has taken me?
0 likes
“Tonight, I can step out of my carefully structured life, make decisions James would never approve of. I can find pieces of me that have always been hanging around, waiting to fit into the places James gouged out for himself.” 0 likes