Start by marking “Dark Days: Semester 1” as Want to Read:
Dark Days: Semester 1

Dark Days: Semester 1

A vampire desperate to escape his past. A wolf shifter determined to protect her future.

A killer on the loose.

One year ago, wolf shifter Emma accepted her dream job teaching PE at a Norwegian international school, finally freeing herself from her mother’s incessant matchmaking. As the alpha’s heir, walking away from her pack, from her obligations—potentially even her fat
Published December 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Dark Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Days

Claire Robinson
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "Bite me..." Stars!

We return to Liz Meldon’s happy writing place, with the first book of the Dark Days PnR duology. Semester One fully introduces us to Vampire; Calder Holloway, and Shifter; Emma Kingsley. Enemies due to their supernatural predilections, colleagues when it comes to working as teachers at the remote and exclusive Solskinn International Academy located above the Arctic Circle in Norway.

Vampires and shifters were, after all, natural enemies…

This book for me was very much a ‘s
Samantha MacLeod
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So. Damn. Good.

From the gorgeous and evocative frosty Northern setting, to the flawed, lonely, believable characters with their snarky dialog and secret longings, to the edge-of-your-seat plot and ratcheting tension, this book is just fan-freaking-tastic. I haven't read a lot of enemies to lovers, but this book inspired me to start one of my own. Yes, it's that good.

Yes, it's a paranormal romance between a vampire (Calder) and a wolf shifter (Emma). But trust me when I say the vampire-ness and w
Romance Schmomance (Malia)

BLOG | INSTAGRAM | AMAZON PROFILE | BOOKBUB | TWITTER

Dark Days was my first read by Liz Meldon and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of her books. Duologies have definitely been a huge theme for 2018, I've read so many and some have been a hit or miss. I was wanting so much more in this one, but it did a great job setting things up for book 2. I couldn't get enough of the hot tension between Calder and Emma, those were definitely my favorite moments and there's plenty of it.

I
Sonal
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why aren't there more stars on this damn thing?

Emma has her dream job but it came at the cost of family, obligations and even her fated mate. But she knew moving away was the right thing to do. Seems like her sacrifices were wasted.

Calder had a brutal past, one he desperately wishes to forget. Obviously the new teaching job was supposed to be a fresh start. But he soon realized there was no running away from fate.

A vampire, a wolf shifter and a bloodthirsty killer on the lose.

Emma and Calder
Ryan
5/5 - ARC review

Calder *fucking* Holloway - vampire
Emma Kingsley - wolf shifter

W O W 🔥🔥🔥

Liz Meldon made me love an enemies-to-lovers trope. It’s not usually my gig because they are usually too angsty but this book is so PERFECTLY balanced. I think a huge part of this story is the hilarious banter between Calder and Emma. Even though they toss insults at each other constantly it’s so damn funny. The humor keeps the angst in check IMO.

I’m usually pretty hard on heroines. I don’t like ultra stron
Kaye
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ONE INCREDIBLY INTENSE EXPERIENCE!!!
Oh man, a trouble. This is one action packed, nailbiting, nerve racking, heart pounding, pulse racing, smooth flowing, page turning tale that grabs your attention from the start. A riveting storyline and a cast of characters thrown together is one wild ride. All the drama, fear, anxiety, uncertainty, danger and suspense increases steadily as the tension spirals while the plot thickens. Twists and turns, ups and downs, ins and outs, along with a few unexpected
Natalie
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is about Emma, a PE teacher at a prestigious scandinavian school and shifter. Unfortunatley for her the school hired a new history teacher. A very handsome vampire called Calder. And she knows he means trouble because everytime they meet their emotions run hot.

This book did not disappoint. It was funny and steamy and had a cliffhanger that makes you crave Part 2 of Dark Days. Liz Meldon created 2 wonderful characters with a unique personality . Both are haunted by their past without b
Up All Night With Books
4.5 PR Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night W/ Books Blog

I know I just read the ARC,, but when is book 2 coming out? Dark Days, Semester 1 by Liz Meldon is the first book in a series that just sneaks up and grabs your attention. It gives you an introduction into a new paranormal world that leaves you itching for the next book. Emma and Calder are enemies by nature but, sometimes, chemistry is a powerful thing.

This story is so well written that it is like watching a movie. That edg
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
With a cover this hot, I was hoping the story would be just as steamy. It did not disappoint.

Emma is a lone wolf out to prove she doesn’t need her pack and Calder is a vamp set on moving on from his dark past. Emma knows as a shifter being with a vampire is thought of as forbidden, but with his perfect features, it proves to be a difficult task.

The writing immediately pulled me as instantly pictured myself on campus with the characters. Banter, angst (so much angst), and steamy scenes had me g
Sarina Langer
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read an ARC by Meldon in a while because my tbr pile was threatening to crush me, but I made an exception for this one because her books are like cake to me and it's been a long year. I needed cake.

It was everything I wanted. Her characters are perfectly flawed and realistic as always, I LOVED their bickering and their stubbornness, and the steamy scenes were steamy.

As always, she smoothly integrates paranormal elements with oblivious humans.

She apologised for the cliffhanger ending,
✨The QD Bibliophile✨
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Overall: 4.5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
Steam: 3/4 🔥🔥🔥
Feels: 🧐🤨😏🔥😧😱

~QD STORY DETAILS~
Tear jerker: No
Paranormal/Fantasy: Yes
Location: Solskinn International Academy, Solskinn, Norway
Character age range: 26 and immortal (200+)
Lead: Emma Kingsley

Series: Yes - Duet
1. Dark Days - Semester 1: released 12/6/18
2. Dark Days - Semester 2: TBD

~QD 🔥~
Sex/kink type: manual, oral, penetrative
Possible triggers: hate sex, violence

~R
Mary Ellen
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite tropes. Well, this story between a wolf shifter and a vampire (archenemies) does not disappoint.

Emma Kingsley has found a home within her dream job at boarding school in Norway. She enjoys the company of her coworkers, has her own volunteer dog shelter, which that keeps the students motivated and enjoys teaching. She is also escaping her over baring pack of a family back in Maine. Life is good until she realizes the attractive new his
Becky Baldridge
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite romance tropes. There's just something about the passion and fireworks of it. Combine that with a lone wolf shifter trying to find her place without her pack and a sexy as sin vampire with a British accent, then season it with the added spice of them being natural enemies, and sparks are bound to fly. Whether they're exchanging barbs or heated kisses, Emma and Calder burn up the pages. Of course, where there's animosity, there's angst, but it's tempered wi ...more
Carol 27
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of the Dark Days duet. It’s also a very entertaining enemies-to-lovers paranormal romance. We meet Emma, an American wolf shifter with no interest in assuming the role of heir apparent to her Father’s pack, teaching at a private school in Norway. Enter Calder, a centuries old British vampire, who’s come to teach at the same school and to hide – but from whom? I enjoyed the early interactions between these supernatural enemies. Their snarky banter – resulting from Emma’s no ...more
Kristy
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First six go missing in the quite town of Sloaskinn no one knows what has happened in Emma free time she keeps and eye on things that happen around the Academy were hes she's a PE teacher another new semester at the Academy starts with a new teacher in the mix everyone thinks the new History teacher is dreamy and hot if a little stuffy. But he's not her favorite kind of person or supernatural hes the one thing all shifters and there like hate a vampire and now she has roll out the red carpet and ...more
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)

Where do I start with this book?! Two words some up this book.... EXCEPTIONALLY INTRIGUING. I did not want to put this book down. I devoured this book like a starving woman and it appeased my insatiable appetite. It sucked me in and it left me on the edge of my seat breathless. I loved it! I have been searching for the exact type of this book for a VERY long time.

Calder and Emma’s romance or in this case, tryst is forbidden. They are from two supernatural species that hate each other and are ene
RoseyLovesBooks
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wolf shifter Emma Kingsley relocated above the Arctic Circle to teach PE at a Norwegian International school to escape pack drama and her matchmaking mother. Emma goes on high alert when the gorgeous vampire Calder arrives. Vampire Calder Holloway is in to Solskinn to teach history and put some distance between himself and what he’d left behind in England and the exquisite Emma isn’t about to change that even if she's his new favorite shifter. Emma and Calder get to know each other when they're ...more
The Mysterious Reader
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Emma and Calder’s story so far. Nicely done enemies to lovers with more than mere emotions at stake. Nicely done thrills and suspense. Well written plot with a great cast. Pretty close to perfect except for it being a duet with book 1 ending on a cliffhanger. I’m not deducting for that since the publisher’s blurb warned about it, but I’m going to get awfully frustrated waiting for book 2! In the meanwhile there’s no way I can’t strongly recommend this book. Frankly, but for the fact that ...more
CLEO
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars 🌟

This was a great enemies to lover read with a bit of suspense. The beginning was a bit slow for me I was a little overwhelm with the descriptive scenes with the layers of details. Overall I enjoyed the strong characters. The book for me got better towards the end and of course left me intrigued for Semester 2!

description
Charlotte Curtis
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!!!

Liz Meldon does it again, this is a brilliant start to the series. A shifter and a Vampire both teachers in an elite boarding school in a remote a location as any! Both know that there shouldn’t be an attraction to each other, an age old law sees each other as enemies until lust, or something more perhaps happens instead. Both are hiding from a past, but is that past about to catch up with them, and to add even more problems there is a paranormal (mythical) murderer in the woods. Bot
Caroline Doig
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and wow what an amazing read and I loved Calder’s and Emma’s story. Emma is a wolf shifter who is starting a new teaching job, Calder is a vampire who just started to work at the same school as a teacher. The two meet and are instantly attracted to each other but they try to fight their attraction after all they are natural enemies. I loved this story but it does end in a cliffhanger and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book, there’s drama, ...more
Vanessa Fortuin
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is.....intriguing. I read this book in one sitting. Two supernatural species, natural enemies who have wild, hot, hate sex. The characters are strong and the first half of the book is filled with sexual tension which helps build up the angst to the hate sex and eventually the kinship between the two characters. Snarky comments fly between the two characters which provide a few laughs. Then the plot thickens and the twists and turns add to the suspense build up. I wait in anticipati ...more
Risa
I received an advanced/review copy of this book. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content and honesty of my review.

I absolutely loved this book. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance. This was a unique way of bringing the vampire and wolf shifter worlds together in a setting I wouldn't necessarily have thought of. I loved it. If you'd like to read my full review, please click here: Alated Bibliophile's Review of "Dark Days: Semester 1"
Morgan (youarethelibrarian)
The spark between Emma and Calder was off the charts!! I loved the setting and the added angst of keeping their tryst a secret from students and faculty.
I wish we could have gotten more background and a better understanding of Calder's personality, but I have a feeling we'll get more of that in the second book! Plus, I really want to see Emma shift. I want to see her wolf out, and with that cliffhanger I am DYING. Book 2 please, ASAP!!!
Debra Phiri
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Calder and Emma’s story is one I haven’t actually read before and a first for me by Liz Meldon. I did like the story but found it moved a little slowly for me. When Calder and Emma do come together it is hot and rough as one might expect from paranormal beings, which was original. I found the lack of shyness in describing the moments to be awesome in their roughness. I thought the descriptiveness of Ms. Meldon of people and the places was well done and it does make me second guess wanting to go ...more
Candy
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well I enjoyed this story as it is about the paranormal. Liz has you on the edge with this enemies to lovers. You have suspense and intrigue. A shifter and a vampire what are the chances of these two ending up friends much less lovers?
The story is easy to follow and the characters are great individuals. Liz just captures you with the angst that leads to the end. This may be a stand alone with a cliffhanger but don't despair.
A must read, 5 stars.
***ARC provided in return for honest review, rea
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Days: Semester 1 by Liz Meldon is a wonderful story to read. This is a wonderful start to a brand new series I fell in love with . I has two of my favorite GENRE in it a vampire and a shifter. WOW !!!! this is a wonderful story it end on a cliff hanger and I can not wait to see what comes next I loved reading this story, I high;y recommend it to everyone who loves vampires and shifters.

Kathi
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good read, I have to admit for parts of the book I was wondering why some of the story line was even mentioned as it didn’t seem it was going anywhere. Towards the end that part of the story picked up and made some sense. However this book does end in a cliffhanger.
Jackie
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable insight into the paranormal lives of Emma and Calder. Even though she walks away from being an heir and her fated mate, she goes ahead with her plan. This is the first book, and can’t wait for the second one to come out
Karen
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Liz has given her readers a steamy, but not so angsty PNR. The two main characters are enemies just because they are from different races, both sexy, strong, attractive and teach at the same school. This enemy to lovers type story has humorous and witty banter between the lead characters that break up the drama and amuses the reader. I loved it and found it humorous, entertaining and engaging. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
« previous 1 3 next »
Liz is a Canadian author who grew up in the Middle East. She has a degree in Bioarchaeology from Western University, and when she isn't writing about her own snarky characters, she is reading about other people’s snarky characters, babying her herb garden, loitering on social media, or taking care of her furbabies.

Liz dabbles in both paranormal and contemporary erotic romance. Her paranormals are