Start by marking “Secrets of Santorini” as Want to Read:
Secrets of Santorini

Secrets of Santorini

She'll uncover the shocking secrets of her past in paradise . . .

Sent away to convent school at the age of six, Irini McGuire has never really known her celebrated archaeologist mother, Bridget, who lives on the paradise island of Santorini. So, when Irini receives news that Bridget has been injured at a dig and is in coma she knows it is time to return to the island of h
Kindle Edition
Published May 16th 2019 by Zaffre

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of Santorini, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of Santorini

Start your review of Secrets of Santorini
Pattie
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To me, Santorini is a magical place! So, naturally I devoured Patricia’s book...many thanks xx
Karen Whittard
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really fantastic read, steeped into history, amazing amount of research done for this amazing book.

Sent away to a convent school in Dublin at the age of five, Irini McGuire has always had a strained and distant relationship with her mother, Bridget, a celebrated archaeologist who lives on the paradise island of Santorini.

So, when Irini receives news that Bridget has been injured at a dig and is in a coma, she knows it is finally time to return to the island of her birth. Reading t
karen
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book

This book was excellent from start to finish, totally recommend to every reader who loves Greece and history.. Well done Patricia
Molly
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Lynda Meyers
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the historical aspect and the mystery and couldn't put it down. The only slightly negative point I would probably make is that the love story between Angelo and Irini seemed rather lukewarm and I failed to really believe that aspect of the story. I was sorry to finish this book and hope that Patricia will write more(have read her previous books Island of secrets and villa of secrets as well and thoroughly enjoyed them).I especially love the settings as ...more
Tone Hansen
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chik-lit
Lett lest grei historie om en irsk jente som blir sent på boarding school av sine arkeologi foreldre fordi moren blander virkelighet og fantasi fra antikkens Hellas og tror hun er dronning Thira av Atlantis som må ofre sin datter Oia til guden Poeseidon for å roe ned vulkanen og sjøen som truer med å ødelegge hennes folk og øy. Boken følger datterens reise i å oppklare og bli kjent med foreldrenes hemmeligheter samtidig som hun finner kjærligheten.
Dianna Pearson - Morgan
Not a great read.

I found this book an annoying read got the extent i skipped past all the ancient gods part - although I totally understand how /why it's in the storyline - it wasn't a book i enjoyed - but am sure there are people out there who will love it.
Susan brown
Jul 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Disappointed

It was said that if you are a fan of Lucinda Riley,you will love this author. I'm afraid it's an insult to Lucinda.... this book is a load of whining immature dribble, repetitive dribble at that
Mrs Janet Sykes
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

This book definitely deserves the 5 stars. Every page I turned conjured up the people and villages of the Islands and the storyline kept me hungry to turn the pages. The story of ancient Greece came alive.
Pam Connolly
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Non stop good read

Fascinating time line, unusual story, so well written you can picture the places people and events, sad to reach the end.
Helen Jones
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read

Good read to get me back into reading made me want to find out the ending. Intriguing! Able to imagine the artefacts
Lesley Black
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Couldn't get my head round this one at all so abandoned it about a third of the way through.
Mrs R Uys
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved the vivid descriptions in the book

I love Greece, and I return every year to Crete. To read a book with such vivid descriptions of the island is a pure joy. Great story.
linda lipinski
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Irini was sent to a convent. Her mother and father lived on santorini. Her mother and father were archaeologists

A very nice book

Elaine
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!
Michelle
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
Thank you for NetGalley and publishers for an advanced copy of this book.

I was so excited to be able to get an advanced copy but was left disappointed as I didn’t find this book as easy to read and as enjoyable as the author’s previous books.

However, this is my own personal opinion and I really believe that other readers will have a totally different opinion and love the book as the characterisations and descriptions are still as great as her previous books.

I
Julie Cordiner
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t resist buying this ebook as I lay by the hotel pool in Fira, Santorini.

What a fabulous read, mingling my love of history (as a Classics graduate) and travel in a fast-paced story of complicated family relationships and archaeology. We visited the incredible Bronze Age ruins at Akrotiri yesterday and climbed Nea Kameni volcano today, so it was very special to read about the locations and the people of this island.

Patricia Wilson manages all the complex layers re
Kris Graham
Oct 13, 2019
Andrew Rushton
Nov 13, 2019
Mme elisabeth collins
rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2019

• Villa of Secrets
  • Her Last Promise
  • A Vintage Summer
  • The Forgotten Village
Patricia Wilson (b. 1929) was a British writer of 53 romance novels in Mills & Boon from 1986 to 2004.