Start by marking “The Uncharted Lands (The Epic Adventures of the Techno Wizard, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Uncharted Lands (The Epic Adventures of the Techno Wizard, #2)

The Uncharted Lands

(The Epic Adventures of the Techno Wizard #2)

Rebellion against the Emperor of Avalon grows as rumors spread of the Collector's defeat at the hands of the Techno Wizard. Sam Shelton and his friends now seek powerful new allies as they travel to the Great Rampart of the Uncharted Lands — a towering, armored wall built for a single purpose: to keep the citizens of the Wildland Kingdom on one side and the foulest monster ...more
Published December 10th 2018 by Hooligan Press

To ask other readers questions about The Uncharted Lands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Uncharted Lands

Start your review of The Uncharted Lands (The Epic Adventures of the Techno Wizard, #2)
Connor
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
I finished this a while ago and then totally forgot to say on here that I had finished it. I'll track down my notes in a few days once I get back to Florida and make this a proper review!
A.L. Sowards
I read this one with my twins. We thought the first book in the series was good, and this one, book two, was really good. Lots of action, humor, heart, and epic battles. (If you want to read it, though, you should probably read book 1 first.) We're looking forward to book 3.

4.5, rounding up to 5 for Goodreads.
Mike Thayer
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author of this book so you can totally trust my review. This book is off the chain. It’s ridiculously incredible.
Danny Moody
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great sequel! The characters are further developed in a really fun plot. Honestly, I am a sucker for gadiator style combat. I am excited to see what else happens in Sam's adventure.
John
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent sequel that continues right where the first book left-off. As with the first book, my whole family is loving this installment, and we eagerly anticipate the continuation of the series. Thanks Mr. Thayer for entertaining us with adventure and humor.
Jilly
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book really picked up the pace as a follow up to “Passage to Avalon”. It has a clever storyline, twists and turns, and awesome new characters. The action is more intense and the dialogue is witty as ever. My favorite character Willow is even more likable and funny. If you like Brandon Mull or Sanderson books you will not be disappointed by “The Uncharted Lands”!
Caleb
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I love the unique idea around this storyline and how well written the book is. This middle aged man loves these middle grade books.
James Van Duker
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked book two. It took off right where book one left off, and just kept getting better and better. It's longer than book one, but didn't feel longer because the action is faster-paced; it starts on page one, and basically doesn't stop until the end of the book. There is more of everything I liked: more magic (there's lots of new weird, cool, and crazy stuff with aether), more action and fight scenes (the monsters get bigger, tougher, and a lot more numerous, and so do the good guys), t ...more
Drew
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the first book, and wondered how the second installment would turn out. I wasn't prepared for how amazing it was. I was blown away. It was both poignant and playful, clever and cool. I laughed out loud several times and just had a fun time reading it. The characters grew a lot in this book. You really get an in depth look at each other them and see both their light and dark sides. I love how individual they are, yet how well they all work together. The new characters are great t ...more
Wes Harris
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I'm a big fan of Thayer's first book in this series, a fun action/adventure book about a teenage kid who ends up in a medieval fantasy world with some cool technical gear including a smart phone with access to Earth and can post to all his media accounts. The characters are fresh and fun, the adventure is smart and thrilling, and the humor is constantly entertaining.

As much as I loved the first one the second installment took the story to a whole new level. If you enjoyed the first one, you will
Zaz
3.5 stars. The read was smooth, even if the story was too much focused on war and fights for my tastes. The use of the technology was nice once again and I liked the interactions between Sam and several of the other characters. Willow and Heinrich were a very pleasant and funny addition, however I found that the rest of the supportive team was too much in the background, especially as most of it was shown mainly during fights. Sam, in another hand, had to face challenging events, leading to some ...more
Dawn
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read, I liked it better than the first. It had a faster pace to the story line. It took me a minute to remember who everyone was but once it came back the story moving forward was a lot of fun. I look forward to reading the next one.
Jessica
I liked this one even more than the second! So fun!
Angela
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great sequel! Sam had new and different challenges to endure, friend-strengthening moments, lots of wit, and some surprising twists! I’m excited to read more!
Kira
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Mike Thayer! I continue to love the story, the characters, and themes in this series about a boy who finds himself in another world with occasional cell phone service back home. This lets him keep the people of Earth up-to-date on his adventures via social media while he wows the people of Avalon with his mysterious technology "magic."

I did have a harder time getting a solid picture of the setting of the Rampart in my head, so I spent the first 2 chapters flipping back and
Hardeep Gulati

• Shouting at the Rain
  • Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster
  • Beyond the Bright Sea
  • A Wolf Called Wander
  • By the Shores of Silver Lake  (Little House, #5)
  • Princess in Disguise (The Wide-Awake Princess, #4)
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • The Bravest Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #3)
  • Unlocking the Spell (Wide-Awake Princess, #2)
  • Dragon Flight (Dragon Slippers, #2)
  • Handbook for Dragon Slayers
  • Summerlost
  • George's Marvellous Medicine
  • Absolutely Truly
  • Yours Truly (Pumpkin Falls Mystery, #2)
  • Adventures with Waffles
  • The Super-Secret Science Club: The Secrets of Rosalind
Mike Thayer is a proud father of three, lucky husband of one, passionate author, budding podcaster, lifelong gamer, viral blogger, degreed engineer, decent impressionist, inept hunter, erstwhile jock, and nerd.

He has cast a ring on the slopes of Mt. Doom, eaten a feast at the Green Dragon Inn, cemented Excalibur in a sandstone block, tasted butter beer at Diagon Alley, built a secret door to his s

The Epic Adventures of the Techno Wizard (2 books)
  • Passage to Avalon (The Epic Adventures of the Techno Wizard, #1)

News & Interviews