Start by marking “The Place Inside the Storm” as Want to Read:
The Place Inside the Storm

The Place Inside the Storm

It’s 2038, and Tara Rivers is fourteen years old, a bit rebellious, and socially awkward. Her family has recently moved to Los Angeles from the Pacific Northwest “rogue” clusters. Tara feels alone and confused. She doesn’t have any friends here, except her cat, Xel, a sophisticated robot with artificial intelligence. The corporation where Tara’s parents work makes an offer ...more
ebook
Expected publication: April 6th 2019 by Black Opal Books

To ask other readers questions about The Place Inside the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Place Inside the Storm

Jypsy
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
As dystopian stories go, The Place Inside the Storm is an average read. The plot is intriguing. The characters are likeable. Overall, however, something is missing. Perhaps the story line could have been tighter and the characters more substantial. Overall an okay read. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
krista foerster
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5

This book caught my eye while perusing the “Read Now” options on my newly-acquired NetGalley account. Since I am constantly seeking new voices in my literary pursuits, I embraced the chance to get to know a neurodivergent character.

What I liked: Tara, though thrust into a really trash situation, manages not to completely break down immediately, as I imagine I would have in her place. Tara’s logic, resourcefulness, and determination shine. She doesn’t always know what to do in social situatio
Adrianna A
Dec 08, 2018
T.J. Burns
Dec 10, 2018
Jan 09, 2019
I am a writer and educational technology professional. I grew up in Seattle but have been slowly migrating southward with stops in Portland, Eugene, San Francisco, and now Los Angeles where I live with my family. My first book Old Gold Mountain was released in March of 2018. My second novel The Place Inside the Storm will be out in April 2019.