Start by marking “Risk and Return: A journey of entrepreneurship and self-discovery in Africa” as Want to Read:
Risk and Return: A journey of entrepreneurship and self-discovery in Africa

Risk and Return: A journey of entrepreneurship and self-discovery in Africa

At a crossroads in life or your career and searching for inspiration to go after a dream, or the courage to stay the course in the face of so much uncertainty?

Then Risk and Return is just the book for you.

"Short, succinct, unforgettable life lessons of how to capture tomorrow today. This book comes highly recommended not just to the youth in search of meaning but also

Kindle Edition
Published December 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Risk and Return, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risk and Return

Start your review of Risk and Return: A journey of entrepreneurship and self-discovery in Africa
Abdulkamal Abdullahi
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘Risk and Return’ is an insightful look into one man’s homecoming. Unhappy with his “perfect” life in New York City, and spurred by a desire to find fulfillment in his career and life, Yomi made the decision to move back to Nigeria and set up his roots.

In a refreshingly conversational (and surprisingly honest) tone, Yomi takes us on a journey sometimes fraught with disappointment (but often filled with hope and good fortune) that teaches us that through finding the right “family” and holding
Toyin A
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are just some books you read and you tend to highlight every other line because the book is so relatable and you learn a lot from it. Once I stated reading this book, I knew I was going to have cramps in my legs from sitting in one spot just reading until the very last word.

In 277 pages, Jemibewon tells his captivating story without airbrushing the doubts and struggles he faced once he decided to move back to Nigeria and start an enterprise with 3 partners.

It felt like I was listening to a
Bunmi
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-again
A young man is wandering round the streets of New York. He's got a great job, engaged to the love of his life - and the plan he has for his life is on track. But he's come to the realisation - he's miserable. He feels incredibly uncomfortable in his own skin. Something has to change.

If you're at a point in your life where you feel in your gut like something isn't right, if you're contemplating a career switch, thinking about starting a business, about taking any kind of risk - this book is for
Morakinyo Beckley
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written, the author reveals how he navigated decisions bordering on choices to excel in a land with ceilings and limits for "outsiders" or to come to the place called home and build from scratch an entity that would enable him & his loved ones live freely & without prejudice.

He documents key business practices that his team learned from moguls such as co-founder of GTB, Fola Adeola, and furthermore lists key take aways from the lessons learned in his journey.

I gave four stars
Kaizen Ventures
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Engaging read

An engaging read on an entrepreneur’s journey. I laughed, cried and nodded my head recognizing many of the situations that Yomi has read. This book is for the young African trying to find their place in a new adopted home. It is for the individual who is looking to make a difference and a reminder that what may be trivial to us can be impactful for others. CardinalStone are one of the trailblazers and Yomi as one of four founders tells an inspirational story of their challenges and
Johnson
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Refreshingly

We need more stories like this. This was a refreshing journey that can provide mentorship and refreshing guidance to those seeing meaning and purpose in their careers.
Tari Matanga
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

As someone who is starting my own journey I was excited to read this. Then Life got in the way . I am glad I made time for this to spur me on
Chibuzor
Great book, good insight into the trails of entrepreneurship in a developing economy. Anyone walking into business in Nigeria should have a look at this
Deolu Okesola
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled on this book and loved it!
Tolu Jawando
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book and amazing stuff. Similar experience to mine. Well done Yomi and partners.
Bebe
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As real as it gets

It’s real and engaging. Part blueprint, part personal backstory and I think that’s what makes it endearing. It’s a story told in Lagos, Nigeria. It’s really an “anywhere, Africa” story.
Yomi dated to be vulnerable and this is what makes the book a really good and quick read. I couldn’t put it down.
It shows the good, bad and ugly and still leaves you ‘realistically optimistic ‘ about Africa and African opportunity; and I think that’s the point.
Tolulope
KennedyEzumah
Jun 09, 2019
Timi
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Read. Recommended for anyone who intends to start something in Nigeria.
Ayodeji Adekunle
Seun
Mar 07, 2019
Michelle
Mar 07, 2019

• Africa's Business Revolution: How to Succeed in the World's Next Big Growth Market
  • Billion Dollar Whale: The Man Who Fooled Wall Street, Hollywood, and the World
  • The Hairdresser of Harare
  • The Book of Why: The New Science of Cause and Effect
  • Basic Economics: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy
  • Edge of Chaos: Why Democracy Is Failing to Deliver Economic Growth-and How to Fix It
  • The Career Playbook: Essential Advice for Today's Aspiring Young Professional
  • Football Hackers: The Science and Art of a Data Revolution
  • This Mournable Body
  • The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream
  • The Thing Around Your Neck
  • Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous: The Story Behind the Headlines
  • Dinner With Mugabe: The Untold Story Of A Freedom Fighter Who Became A Tyrant
  • Becoming Nigerian: A Guide
  • The Book of Not (Nervous Conditions, #2)
  • Half of a Yellow Sun
  • Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance
  • Long Walk to Freedom
“Only by fulfilling those immediate roles and responsibilities would I put myself in a position to figure out how to make a future I could live with.” 0 likes
“I don't need to prove that I deserved to be there. I just needed to connect and be sensible in what I was saying.” 0 likes