Start by marking “Shot in the Dark (Men of the Secret Service, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shot in the Dark  (Men of the Secret Service, #2)

Shot in the Dark

(Men of the Secret Service #2)

ebook
Published January 15th 2019 by Tule Publishing

Start your review of Shot in the Dark (Men of the Secret Service, #2)
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Joss is a on a mission to stop all animal poaching around the world especially elephants. Her activism runs counter to her brother in law white house. Adam is coming back from a severe concussion so no sniper duties for him, instead he is assign guard duty over Dr. Doolittle. Joss and Adam have a one night history that bonds them as the try to stop a poaching ring that leads to DC.

Solheim men of the secret service series is layered with intrigue with forbidden romance thrown in. All the charact
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Rating: ★★★★✬ (4.5/5 Stars)
Title: Shot in the Dark
Content Rating: R
POV: Third Person
Smexy Level: Hot
Favorite Quote(s):
― “He was damaged goods with a black hole where his heart should be.”
Overall Opinion:
When a tribal militia hunter shoots at her teammates during a wildlife conservationist group mission, resulting in one of her team members getting shot, the zoologist Josslyn Benoit calls in a favor from her older half-sister, the First Lady of the United States. Returning back home to Amebe.”
OverallHot
Stars)
Helena#bookdreamer
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary-rom
Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This was a decent romance with some intrigue. Adam is made Joss's Bodyguard detail after she is targeted for going after elephant pouchers. Although Joss is portrayed as an intelligent, animal crusader, I also felt like Adam and her family treated her like a spoiled little girl they had to constantly protect. It got a little annoying that she had to continue to defend her cause.
Other than that, Adam and Joss
Bette Hansen
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable romantic suspense. This one is vastly different from what I usually read but intriguing and entertaining all the same. It has amazing characters that are well developed, excellent writing, and a storyline full of suspense with touches of humor and witty banter. Adam and Josslyn had great chemistry and you could feel their connection right away. I'd definitely recommend this one.
Emma
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shot in the Dark by Tracy Solheim
If there’s anything zoologist Josslyn Benoit abhors more than guns, its poachers. When an African “fact-finding” mission with a wildlife conservationist group results in one of their members being shot, Josslyn and the team must escape for their lives through the jungle. In order to obtain sanctuary from the local government, Josslyn calls in a favor from her older half-sister, the First Lady of the United States.
After suffering an injury in the line
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

SHOT IN THE DARK is the second story in Tracy Solheim’s Men of the Secret Service series, and while I will always recommend starting from the beginning on any series this one could be read without having read the first story. Any details or explanations of characters and events are easily found within the dialogue or narrative of this story.

For a Romantic Suspense to work for me I have to believe the events are or could be happening in the real world… and
Eileen
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, tule
WOW! I loved, loved, loved Adam and Josslyn’s love story in Shot in the Dark by Tracy Solheim, book twos in her Men of the Secret Service series. The title is fitting since our hero, Adam, is a sniper who was recently injured while on duty. He has been assigned what he considers a boring detail, guarding the First Lady’s wild-child younger sister, who’s hell-bent on ditching her detail. Zoologist Josslyn Benoit is on a mission to stop wildlife poachers, especially in Africa. When an African “fac ...more
Paula
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shot in the Dark is book two in the Men of the Secret Service by Tracy Solheim. I was pleasantly surprised that the setting of this story is different from the first where much happened in kitchen of the White House. While I had hoped that the setting would be Africa, the Washington setting is expanded from the first book. There is also a plot line that I found very interesting.

Josslyn is the sister to the First Lady but very much her own person. Within the story, the family and the relationshi
Christina Montminy
Murder.......animal & human takes us into the sad world of animal trafficking. I’m so genuinely impressed by how author Tracy Solheim took us into this world. The details involving animal trafficking are horrible & brought to life in this wonderful story, I didn’t want to put it down. I loved the passion of Josslyn when it came to the elephants & other wild animals endangered. She was bold & fiery & fierce with passion & determination to save these animals. She was also f ...more
Maria
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
This is a great story, featuring two smart, headstrong individuals, with opposite personalities and clashing agendas. There is a strong comedy dimension, especially in the first half of the story, which is highly enjoyable and made me laugh several times (what a great scene when elephant Mila tries to seduce the stern agent). The humor is enhanced by the balance between the author’s distant/neutral perspective, Adam’s stoicism
Kerry Croucier
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Tower of Testosterone and the She-Devil. I loved getting to know Josslyn and Adam and watching these two stubborn and independent people dance around their attraction while still trying to be true to themselves. Josslyn is passionate about her career and protecting endangered animals, even if it put her in precarious situations and at odds with her family. When her latest job brings her back to the US and living with her sister, the First Lady, in the White House, she gets her own Secret Ser ...more
Stephanie
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second in a series, but it can easily be read as a standalone. There are some cameos from the characters in the first book, but nothing that would confuse anyone who hadn't read the first.

As with the first book, I was very impressed with the "insider" details about the White House and Secret Service that were included. I spent a lot of time on the White House Museum web site looking at pictures of the rooms that were mentioned - that's usually a good sign of a book for me because it means I'm i
Ash P Reads
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is real fun to watch how Adam 'The Sniper' Lockett goes from viewing Josslyn 'Dolittle' Benoit as a tree hugger to a passionate activist. Her compassion encompasses everyone in her orbit, while she asks for nothing more for herself. There is history between them albeit a short one, but the few hours they spent together is the foundation for how the story goes. Both have issues of abandonment and are all in when it comes to their jobs. And together their chemistry is undeniable explosive.
Shelagh
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book two in Tracy Solheim’s Men of the Secret Service series, Shot In
The Dark is mostly set in Washington DC in and around the White House. The story pairs the president’s sister in law, Dr Josslyn Benoit, with Secret Service Agent Adam Lockett, who has been assigned to protect her.
I loved Joss for her dedication, her feisty and determined approach to her cause no matter the cost, and her tender side. I loved Adam too. His clear frustration with Joss over her headstrong actions and his de
Sharon
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was another great book by Tracy Solheim. Lots of suspense and romance. Dr. Josslyn Benoit is a veterinarian who is trying to stop poaching in Africa. While filming a video she captures poachers killing a mother elephant for its tusks and the killing of the innocent baby. One of her team is shot by the poachers. Her brother in law happens to be the President of the United States. He sends rescue for her. She has a reputation for being a troublesome member of the President's family. When back ...more
Melanie
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cried, then I laughed, and then I cried again......and so on 🤣😢🤣😢🤣😢
Once again Tracy has created characters with many levels. This book has it all suspense, romance, family relationships. I loved watching Adam's and Josslyn's relationship developed and their roller coaster ride. Also, Josslyn's relationship with her dad and his struggle with Alzheimer's was sweet and sad. I loved the suspense in this book and all the twists and turns. If you love books with special forces guys you will lo
Miriam Wolfe
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Lots of drama, intrigue, and romance throughout this book! As Josslyn returns from Africa, she is attacked and chased while they try to find out who is the mastermind behind the animal trafficking ring.

Some red herrings in the book so just when you think that you know whodunit, you find out a new clue and are back to figuring the clues out.

Adam fights his attraction to Josslyn and she still tries to reach him. Add
Shari
Loved this book, full of action, romance and suspense that will keep you turning the pages. Opposites that attract, Adam, from the Secret Service is guarding the First Lady's younger sister, animal activist, Josslyn, aka she devil. Soon there is more than protecting Josslyn, as they can longer deny the chemistry between them.

Great characters, loved the chemistry between them. The banter between them will have you laughing out loud. My favorite line, "But it's just chemistry. And we'r
Taz
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed-books

Susan Underbrink
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A big thank you to NetGalley and Tule Publishing for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. I liked this alot. It has a pretty complicated plot, and keeping the cast of characters straight. Never thought about the presidents sister in law before. A little different perspective. The chemistry between Adam and Josslyn was fun! I loved her job. 4 stars. I think most Romance readers will enjoy.
Teresa J. Young
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Headstrong, passionate woman meets secret service man

This story keeps the action going throughout it. Activist animal rights doctor Josslyn Benoit goes from one harrowing experience to another. Because she's the President's sister in law, she has the secret service to protect her, especially one hot agent. The story keeps you on your toes as she careens from one escapade to another. I recommend reading this book of you like action with your romance.
Rachael
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shot in the Dark had the perfect mix of romance and suspense. The suspense was well written and kept me wondering who could be trusted.

I really loved Josslyn and Adam's story, and the fact that Josslyn kept Adam on his toes. They are my favorite couple in this series so far.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary Advance Reader Copy.
Donnajo
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book for a honest opinion.

Shot in the Dark by Tracy Solheim. Book two in The Men of the Secret Service series. A great addition to the series. A romantic suspense story. Great storyline, characters and a dialogue that pulls you in. I look forward to seeing what the next book brings us.
Barbara Tobey
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and interesting, as well as humorous, heart-warming, and romantic. An enjoyable page turner. I skip over the intimate details, but really was captured by the scenes in the White House, zoo, and Africa. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley. I devoured this book in one day.
Kathy Sufcak
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good who-done-it with just the right amount of romance. Get swept away immediately with very relatable characters who are on a course of following their passions be it fighting ivory poachers or protecting and serving. Weaving the main characters pasts with their present and possibly even their futures is done very well. Tracy Solheim has written another great read.
Paula Pugh
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Intrigue, tension and danger await on the pages of Shot in the Dark. Throw in some sizzling, fiery love scenes and you have a book just dying to combust in your hands (or to blow up your device.)
This is a fast paced, page turner with questions of “Who Done It” in so many dangerous scenarios. It is a great blend of sexy romance and suspense.
Louise Bird
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! This book has a little of everything; romance between Adam and Josslyn, suspense, a zoology lesson, the rescue and giving a new beginning to Ngioni and a reconciliation.
This is a must read!

Gwen
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I have to be honest and the premise/blurb sounded a bit better than I thought the story was. The heroine, Josslyn, got on my nerves. A lot. I did like her relationship with her family though and the developing relationship with hero made it interesting.
Mia
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am loving Tracy Solheim's books now that I have discovered her. My only complaint is I have to wait for the next one.
Carolyn's
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting plot line with poachers theme. It keeps the story interesting and flowing. Throw in the loveable Josslyn and he hijinx and the sexy Adam and you have a hot and heavy romance.

Loved!

• Her Texas Ex (The Dangerous Delaneys Book 1)
  • Taming the Troublemaker (Hills of Texas, #3)
  • Heart of the Texas Doctor (Heart of Texas Book 1)
  • Old Dog New Tricks (The Dogfather, #8)
  • In Her Sights (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters, #1)
  • Hot Under the Collar (The Dogmothers, #1)
  • The Lone Star Lawman (Texas Justice Book 1)
  • The Convenient Cowboy (The Hansen Brothers #2)
  • The Perfect Catch (Texas Playmakers, #1)
  • My Favorite Cowboy (Heart of Texas #3)
  • Tess (Outback Brides of Wirralong, #2)
  • The Cowboy Next Door (Once Upon a Western, #3)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • The Rancher's Proposal (The Montana McGregor Brothers, #3)
  • A Dog Called Valentine
  • Judd's Vow (The Harlow Brothers #3)
  • What Happens in the Highlands
  • Lacey (Outback Brides of Wirralong #1)
Tracy Solheim writes books with shirtless men on the cover. Some of them are actually best-sellers. The books, not the men. When she's not writing, she's practicing her curling. . . bottles of wine, that is. She's been known to cook dinner but no more than two nights in a row. Most days, she'd rather be reading, which to her is just necessary research. She lives in the suburbs of Atlanta with her ...more

Men of the Secret Service (2 books)
  • Recipe for Disaster (Men of the Secret Service, #1)