Start by marking “A Navy Homecoming (Changing Tides, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A Navy Homecoming (Changing Tides, #3.5)

A Navy Homecoming

(Changing Tides #3.5)

Once upon a time there was a boy who met a girl. They fell in love, got married and lived happily every after…

Wait. Scratch that — at least the HEA, because in reality marriage is hard and being a Navy wife is harder and even lonely. So much so at times, that you think it’s better to walk away.

Colette Thomas has spent the last ten years regretting that decision.

Fate
Published December 3rd 2018 (first published April 18th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about A Navy Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Navy Homecoming

Start your review of A Navy Homecoming (Changing Tides, #3.5)
Char Davis
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written second chance romance story.When Colette arrived at what she thought was going to be a resort spa but turned out to be log cabins in the wilderness she wasn't sure what her friend was thinking sending her there.But since she's here she's going to make the best of it.The main lodge was beautiful had a restaurant and a gift shop.So when she got her key and was told to follow the young man to her cabin she was surprised.It had a private hot tub on the rear deck.And the ...more
MIPat
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Colette and Casey married after a whirlwind romance shortly before he deployed to the Middle East. It was his first deployment and neither were prepared for the stresses war places on a marriage. Acting out of her fear, Colette ran from the marriage. Ten years later, they are working for the same boss and it's not going well. Chase is ordered to take a week off to get his head together and Colette's best friend sends her on a spa retreat - at the same place in the same cabin.

These are two charac
Tom Weissmuller
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I prefer non-fiction, mystery, thriller, and action novels. I am not a romance guy and I am definitely not a "foodie"; but I do appreciate good writing, solid dialogue, and character development. If you like romance, strawberries with chocolate, and champagne, maybe you will add a star to my rating. Read this one on a relaxing, rainy summer day for extra enjoyment.

This is a well written story of two individuals who seem to be obsessed with one another but unable, (or unwilling) to revisit their
Barbara
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A book in the Changing Tides series a well-written story of a second chance between Colette Thomas and her ex-husband Casey Thomas after ten years apart. Because of a mix up in the cabins that they have both come to stay at they will have to talk to each other, after all, you can not share a place with someone and not talk to them. The storyline is very good and I enjoyed reading this book. This is a new Author to me. I will be looking for more by her. I received a free copy of this book via Boo ...more
Jeanne Richardson
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read written Gail Chianese; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Ewa
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story,very touching.
Difficult life of Navy family could definitely lead to break ups but how many recover in this happy ending?
I was happy for them,happy they took a chance to try again.

Sheila
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Colette and Casey were married until the Navy took over their life and Colette was left behind while her husband was on tour. It became too much so she ask for a divorce and now ten years later they get stuck together in the Smoky Mountains. Will they clear the air or will Casey hold onto the anger of her leaving him? Enjoyed this sad but sometimes so true story about how hard the military life is for family's and loved the characters.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am vol
Celicia Fowlkes
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it is a good thing to walk away from the one thing that kept you whole. Time can only heal some things. In their case, it was life getting in the way and neither saw anything good about it until it was over. Can't fault the logic. As you mature in life, you realize some things need to be savored and put first. Both acknowledged their fault and made peace to move on together.

poppy
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This was a really good second chance romance and a pretty realistic look at how hard being a military wife can be. These two were really good likable characters and I enjoyed getting to know them. A good read with a good storyline I really enjoyed it
Kimberly
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable romance read.

Becky
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
A frustrating read. The characters' motivation was pretty murky, and with all of the bouncing back and forth they both did, I'm really not sure I believe they'll stick this time around either. On the one hand, I feel like we needed a lot more background here to understand exactly why it didn't work the first time around and exactly how this time will be different (his emergency deployment sure didn't make it feel any different!) but on the other hand I'm honestly not sure I could have finished i ...more
Limecello
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I'm going to be looking for more books by Gail.
It was a really nice reunion story - with angst but finally talking, and misunderstanding, and awkward and anger, but love and sexytimes, and all the details about being a military spouse - and being in the military. [N*CA]
It was so obvious the author knew what she was talking about and you really felt it on the page.

I liked the different perspectives/perspectives from both.
A little over on the secondary characters/they were just slotted in, but the
Geraldine Streit
Mar 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sorry but 10 years of resentment cannot be resolve in 24 hours in a cabine in the wood. It’s not make sens. The characters are not work enough and are superficial. Pass your way.

Thi
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet second chance read. I really enjoy this book from a new author. I just wished Casey and Colette hadn’t waited so long to reconcile but being older probably helped them make better decisions this time around.
Courtney
Jan 31, 2019
Amy L.
Mar 02, 2019

• Lightning in a Bottle
  • Looking for Trouble (Nashville U Book 1)
  • Fine Line (Crossing Lines, #1)
  • The Hundred Days (Aubrey & Maturin #19)
  • World Without Mind: The Existential Threat of Big Tech
  • Bandits
  • Teaching Yoga Beyond the Poses: A Practical Workbook for Integrating Themes, Ideas, and Inspiration into Your Class
  • Red Cell (Rogue Warrior, #2)
  • Violence of Action (Rogue Warrior, #10)
  • Designation Gold (Rogue Warrior, #5)
  • Green Team (Rogue Warrior, #3)
  • Option Delta (Rogue Warrior, #7)
  • Rogue Warrior (Rogue Warrior, #1)
  • The Real Team
  • Task Force Blue (Rogue Warrior, #4)
  • Detachment Bravo (Rogue Warrior, #9)
  • Seal Force Alpha (Rogue Warrior, #6)
  • Echo Platoon (Rogue Warrior, #8)
Gail currently lives in beautiful Connecticut, but originally hails from sunny California. She is the mom of three amazing kids, the wife of a 27 year Naval officer and the rescuer of two furbabies. In her spare time, she likes to ghost hunt with her hubby, geocache with her family and lock herself away with a great book. She loves to connect with readers on her website, www.gailchianese.com and h ...more

Changing Tides (3 books)
  • Love Runs Deep (Changing Tides, #1)
  • A Hero to Love (Changing Tides, #2)
  • Disarmed by Love (Changing Tides, #3)

News & Interviews

It's been a great summer for book clubs on Goodreads. There's nothing better than talking about books—members have been devouring...