Start by marking “Lone Witness” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Lone Witness

Shirlee McCoy

Lone Witness

(FBI: Special Crimes Unit)

She’s keeping secrets. He must keep her safe.

An FBI: Special Crimes Unit page-turner

Were it not for Tessa Carlson, Special Agent Henry Miller’s daughter would have been abducted. But rescuing the little girl has thrust Tessa—a woman in hiding—into the media’s spotlight…and into a criminal’s crosshairs. Now her survival depends on putting her faith in widowed single father
Published June 1st 2019 by Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Lone Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Witness

Linda Strong
3.5 Stars

Tessa Carlson happens to be in the right place at the right time. There have been a series of very young girls taken from their homes and later found wandering in isolated places after having been drugged. Almost by accident she prevents the kidnapping of yet another young girl.

This girl is the child of FBI Special Agent Henry Miller .. and he's extremely grateful to Tessa. Having lost his wife several years earlier, he cannot fathom the pain of losing a child.

Tessa is keeping secrets .
Maureen Timerman
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
What a great read the author gives us, and it starts with the main character, sacrificing her own life for the sake of an unknown child. This selfless act leads to a lot of heartache and danger, but you will wonder almost to the end of the book who the perpetrator is.
We are also given an FBI agent who has suffered the loss of his beloved wife, and is now raising his twin daughters alone.
I kept hoping that this poor abused and valiant woman would find a family, maybe my wish not hers, but she tou
Cathy Daniel
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best LIS! So good! Loved the characters and the storyline. Loved how friendship developed first and though a shorter story as all LIS are, still a well developed romance. Excellent!!
Elaine
Rating 4.5/5*

This is an enthralling romantic suspense with a heroine who has escaped an abusive relationship by running away and keeping herself under the radar being thrust into the lime light when she thwarts an attempt to kidnap a young girl, the daughter of Special Agent, Henry Miller who is a widower. This not only introduces her to the girl's father, but also places herself in danger. Dare she trust him with her secrets? Can he keep her safe and catch the serial kidnapper?

This is a story f
Kav
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonder of a read from Shirlee McCoy -- from the heart-in-throat opening scene to the deliciously romantical epilogue. Loved the longer time frame than we usually see in a suspense. It gave credence to the relationship that develops between Tessa and Henry and his family. She's so mysterious and guarded which both intrigues and frustrates him. But as the threats on Tess's life grow bolder, she has to place her trust in Henry and his team to keep her safe. An exhilarating rush of a read!
Susan Snodgrass
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'I spent nine years living in a graveyard of dead dreams, pretending it was Cinderella's castle. If that's not sad enough to cry over, I don't know what it.'

I only discovered Shirlee McCoy's books recently and now I get the pleasure of reading a lot of them without waiting for new releases. The lady knows how to write inspirational suspense well. I loved this from page one. Bravo!
Faye
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tessa Carlson prevents the abduction of FBI Agent Henry Miller's daughter, but her act of bravery has thrust her into the sights of the would-be abductors.

Tessa has kept a low profile since getting out of an abusive relationship, but preventing the kidnapping puts everything that she has worked so hard for at risk. Henry offers his protection and his family welcomes her with open arms, as they work to catch the kidnapper on the loose. But Tessa has a secret that may put them at risk.

Tess strugg
Jessica Figueroa
Tessa just wants a quiet life and now is faced with the decision of her life remaining quiet walking away from a strange situation or stop the man from walking away with the child who doesn't seem to be his. Now it seems like someone is trying to scare her away and the father of the child FBI agent Henry will do everything to protect her.

I you like mystery novels you'll like this book. I loved seeing how everything played out in this book. There was plenty going on and it was clear someone wante
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received a copy of this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

My Synopsis

Tessa Carlson is a woman on the run, with a fake identity all she wants to do is live a quiet life and not attract attention to herself so she can continue hiding from her abusive, rich, ex-boyfriend. But when she witnesses a man attempting to kidnap a little girl, she can’t just standby and watch. As a result the media wants to bring her into the spotlight and she worries that she may be found as a result
Books and Spoons
I am a big fan of Love Inspired romantic suspense books, I love the three dimensions of the stories, the romance, the suspense, and the faith in God.
The Lone Witness has an arresting storyline. The whole set up of the story is intriguing, I was fascinated by the heroine and the fact that she was smudging the fine lines of law and order.
Tessa Carlson turns out to be an interesting heroine, she is smart, strong-minded yet resilient, kind, caring person, who has survived the unimaginable and did
Debbie
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Lone Witness" is a Christian romantic suspense novel. The characters were nice people who struggled with realistic fears. Tessa changed her identity (illegally) to escape her dangerously abusive boyfriend, and she took some jewelry that he had given to her to fund her escape. She doesn't trust her judgement in people and is afraid he's still after her, but she risked her safety to stop a kidnapping. The kidnapped girl's widowed father happened to be on the FBI team tracking this serial kidnappe ...more
Nikki Brooks
Hmmmm this was kind of a mixed bag for me. I liked the concept and the storyline in general. I just felt it was a bit...lost sometimes and I certainly don't mind characters being religious, I just felt that at times the younger children came over as twee and not very childlike with some of the things they said. But not being religious myself that could just be my own bias.

Tessa has reinvented herself after fleeing her abusive older boyfriend. Now settle in a small town, she lives under the rada
Jo-Ann Elizabeth Toth
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book in the Special Crimes unit series and my favourite yet. I love her dedication. It starts out with a problem right away solved by Tessa Carlson. Who is drawn into the situation without wanting to. Her history draws you into the story for its one many of us can relate to. She is a perfect foil for Henry Miller who we have met before. I like how Shirlee draws in different agents from past such as Wren and Jessica. I also love meeting the various police department personnel. It ...more
Harlequin Books
Categories
Inspirational Suspense, Wholesome Romance, Suspense, Romantic Suspense

Miniseries
FBI: Special Crimes Unit
Sharon
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This tale had plenty of interesting twist and turns. I like unpredictability in stories.
Harlequin Books
Categories
Inspirational Suspense, Wholesome Romance, Suspense, Romantic Suspense

Miniseries
FBI: Special Crimes Unit
Donald And
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I love all Shirlee McCoy books. This book keeps your attention until the end. She is a great writer and one of my favorite authors.
Sherry Smith
Sarah Alsop
May 28, 2019
Donna English
Jun 13, 2019

FBI: Special Crimes Unit (6 books)
  • Night Stalker (FBI: Special Crimes Unit #1)
  • Gone (FBI: Special Crimes Unit #2)
  • Dangerous Sanctuary (FBI: Special Crimes Unit)
  • Lone Star Standoff (FBI: Special Crimes Unit, #4)
  • FBI: Special Crimes Unit (2 Book Series)
“I spent nine years living in a graveyard of dead dreams, pretending it was Cinderella's castle. If that's not sad enough to cry over, I don't know what is.” 0 likes