Start by marking “Down We'll Come, Baby” as Want to Read:
Down We'll Come, Baby

Down We'll Come, Baby

Imogen

There is no way we can still love and cherish one and other.

When I married Theo Walsh, the rough, bearded townie who worked construction on my family’s summer house, I’d found my happily ever after.

That was before the fighting.
Before the jealousy.
Before the infertility.

We’ll be divorced long before death does us part.

But to secure my place in the family dynasty, th
Expected publication: January 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Down We'll Come, Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down We'll Come, Baby

2OCC Reviews
Shelves: jessica
I really enjoyed this book. I love Books that have to do with married couples overcoming things and this one pulled at my heart strings. With these characters pasta and the risk of no future the author really wrote a beautiful story of a marriage in shambles but them working through it. I was really annoyed with Imogen in this story. She won’t be on my list of favorite female leads but as the book went on I was able to understand her more. I sympathized with her more.

Theo was totally amazing! R
LianaReads blog
..I love this book for so many reasons!!!
Yes, i love second chance romance but this book is nothing like other books about second chance because it talks so much about what happens in a real marriage after a couple finds their HEA and what comes with all the family issues and the next steps, expectations and dreams as a couple wanting to fulfil their life.
I have many friends that are trying to have kids and the struggle, the disappointment, the hope and hopeless moments are always part of their
Johnaka
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Down We’ll Come, Baby by Carrie Aarons
“The hard part, 5 stars”

Find your person, fall in love, get married, start a family and live happily ever after. That’s what most of us want in life. To find the person who completes us and to go through all the emotions, all the ups and downs together and make it out on the other side. But what about the hard parts? The parts that we don’t talk about? What if they change everything?
Imogen and Theo loved each other fiercely. But they had been pushing through
Diary Of Book Fiend
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Lead Female Character 3\5
- Imogen- I felt that she didn't really have a back bone, not when it came to her family. Granted she did grown by the end of the book, but I didn't really connect with her at all. She did redeem herself and prove how much she truly cared by the end of the book though, so I gave her three out of 5 stars.

Lead Male Character 3\5
-Theo- He acted like a doormat that Imogen just wiped her feet on. I didn't like that at all. I wish he would have made it a little more d
Julie
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story about a couple, their problems and differences and how they impacted their happy marriage. There’s unwanted drama and angst between Imogene and Theo, as they love each other desperately. But unfortunate turns in their lives has tainted their marriage, emotions are high and reasonable communications are broken.
It’s a rollercoaster ride, can Imogene and Theo help each other or are their differences too much?
It’s a an amazing story and enthralling right to the end. The
Jenny
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, so good! I love this book. I was a little annoyed at Imogen at times but overall I love the characters. Rich girl and man from the wrong side of life. I absolutely love Theo! This storyline was so amazing. A true romance book with real life problems. Totally recommend reading this book!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Katie (Leave Me Alone I Am Reading)
Review coming!!!
Brittany&Elizabeth's BookBoutique
"The life I'd always dreamed of living was the exact place I existed in now."

Down We'll Come, Baby might just be Aarons best work to date. I think this book showed her maturity as an author and a woman, and the character depth and plot was nothing like I have read from her before. This was a true romance book in my opinion, and it will be a book that I will recommend to all of my friends to read.

I loved that she didn't shy away from some of the more tough and painful topics that often come u
Ga Books LoverX
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Down We'll Come, Baby broke my heart and then put it back together again.

This book so unexpected and rocked my world with all of the feels that it had me go through. Carrie Aarons you have truly outdone yourself, I am amazed after reading this book.

This book is about two imperfect people that tried so hard to be perfect for the love of their lives, but they were not able to make it work.

The biggest question was not IF they loved each other, it was HOW they were able to love each other. It was s
Konny
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Down We'll Come, Baby by Carrie Aarons is a standalone romance novel with some major twists and turns.
Meet Imogen and Theo. They weren't supposed to fall in love. But they did. They come from different worlds, he's blue collar and she's a upper class born woman. They meet and have a whirlwind romance, quick marriage - but then comes everydays life and soon they're flailing. I will not spoiler here, only so much, I really, really disliked the heroine. Her actions made me so mad, I had to put the
Charlene
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book confirms what I already knew...Carrie Aarons is a must read author! Initially, this book might seem predictable, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised because in true Carrie Aarons fashion, she gives us something unique and beautiful.

Sharon
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Carrie makes you feel the emotions of her characters amazingly!
Follow the story of rich socialite Imogen, and her regular ole blue collar husband Theo, as after five years of marriage, Imogen feels like she's holding him back and hurting him so she leaves. Theo isn't ready to give up, she's his soulmate and won't let her go without a fight. It's not easy with her families interference, and other obstacles that come their way!
I won't give much more away in this review, but I'm
Beth Hurley
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Watching a married couple having to overcome so much is real life. And I love when a book is so realistic. This book was angsty and will take your emotions on a roller coaster ride. Imogene and Theo was both written so well that I instantly fell in love with the characters. There story was so amazing. That I didn't want this story to end but I knew it was time when I got to the last page. This author made the emotions worth it in the end and I can't wait to check out ...more
FunUndertheCovers
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not a typical romance or a typical storyline...two things I love about Carrie Aarons’ writing. Another must read, unique and beautiful story.

A rich girl and a boy from the other side of the tracks meet, fall madly in lust and then hopelessly in love almost immediately. Against her parents’ wishes, they get married. Sound familiar? Sound like a romance you’ve read probably more than once? Well, for Imogen and Theo’s, this may be the premise of their story, but that’s where the similarities end. T
Marina Skinner
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I havent read many books by Carrie and will definitely want to read more from her. I really enjoyed this book so much.
The characters, the family rivalry, the sadness, the sizzling tension, the whole storyline grabbed my attention and I finished the book in one sitting.
What I loved was the fact that Theo and Imogen just had a real connection that despite what happens maybe they will come out stronger on the other side?? Make your own decision when you read it for yourself.
I throughly enjoyed it!
Cindy C
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved that this book has a slightly different timeline than most romance novels. The couple wasn’t together and then split only to end up back together. Their story starts from the end and works backwards. I also love that it isn’t about an alpha male billionaire but Imogen is actually the one with all the money and a part of high society. This book tosses the romance norms out the window and gives you a new look at love.

Imogen and Theo will put you through the ringer before they put you back
Whennie
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by Carrie Aarons and at first I get little annoyed on Imogen's decision but as I am continue to read their story I get it where she's coming from. And that choice makes herself proved that Theo, her husband was always on her side, just like their wedding vows to each other, that her husband was half part of her life, her the one.

Sometimes people need to make a big decision once for themselves to see what life truly means.
Kali McQuillen
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read, 2019-arc
rtc
Terri S
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Review to come.
Haizel Arcillas
Britta Lawson
Megan | A Page to Turn
Jan 18, 2019
Carrie Aarons
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lia *TheBookClubTrio*
Victoria Betancourt
Marysia Banek
Febie Ann Cantutay
Dec 07, 2018
Author of romance novels such as Red Card and Privileged, Carrie Aarons writes books that are just as swoon-worthy as they are sarcastic. A former journalist, she prefers the stories she dreams up, and the yoga pants dress code, much better.

When she isn’t writing, Carrie is busy binging reality TV, having a love/hate relationship with cardio, and trying not to burn dinner. She lives in the suburbs