Start by marking “Down We'll Come, Baby” as Want to Read:
Down We'll Come, Baby

Down We'll Come, Baby

Imogen

There is no way we can still love and cherish one and other.

When I married Theo Walsh, the rough, bearded townie who worked construction on my family’s summer house, I’d found my happily ever after.

That was before the fighting.
Before the jealousy.
Before the infertility.

We’ll be divorced long before death does us part.

But to secure my place in the family dynasty,
Published January 27th 2019 (first published January 24th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Down We'll Come, Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down We'll Come, Baby

Start your review of Down We'll Come, Baby
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Down We’ll Come Baby is a heartbreaking story of one couples journey to happiness. It was messy, selfish at times, and painful but you couldn’t help but want more. You wanted to see the heartbreak, feel the love, understand the anger, and embrace the unknown because at the end of the day, you were rooting for them. After all, love always wins right?

Imogen Walsh is at a crossroads in her life. Her marriage is on the brink of being over, her professional career is at a stand still, and the
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
*****Spoilers*****

I really wanted to choke the life out of my kindle. I was close to throw it out of the window.

I made it to 77% and I couldn’t continue reading about this woman. She left hero and asked him for a divorce. She put him thorough the ringer because she wanted a position in her father’s company. She blamed their infertility issues. She said they weren’t happy.

This woman didn’t deserve this man. A man who loved her wholeheartedly. I don’t know what he saw in her. She was
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
I can't even begin describe the emotional roller coaster this book took me on. This love story is painful but so beautiful. My poor heart aches so good after reading this one! An absolute must read!

First of all, let me say I love books that start off with a couple already married and this couple was SO IN LOVE. They had passion and friendship, faithfulness and a great sex life. They should have had the perfect life. But what happens when love is not enough? Theo and Imogen are from two different
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jan 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
So I was excited by this blurb and with trying a new author, but I have to be honest and say that this book did not work for me at all.
I read the first 30-40% but the heroine's actions and choices just made me mad... and I resented her because her thoughts were purely selfish. Her husband was amazing and had a heart of gold and just wanted to love her. I don't think that decisions for divorce to get back into the good graces of your family are good ones especially when it's so obvious that the
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Messy, heartbreaking, painful. These aren't the words one wishes to use to describe their marriage, but they are the words that Imogen Walsh and her husband, Theo, are using. At a difficult time in their lives they should be turning to each other, but Imogen is searching for fulfillment at her family's company, contemplating turning her back on the Walsh name and embracing all the expectations that come from walking back into her family's fold.
Sophie's Reading Corner
Imogen is married to Theo and she was a rich girl getting married to a blue collar guy. Doing that she lost many privilages and one of them being her rightful place in her family's business and she now wants them back, after leaving her husband because of infertility issues.

Theo is in love with his wife, but he still gets mad when she abandons him and asks from him a last favor that he will accept, but doesn't mean this doesn't break him any less.

With everything between them keeping them
❤Sana❤
4,5 crying_buckets stars!

“I always think about white roses at a funeral. White roses mean someone has died,” Imogen murmurs to herself. Her green eyes look up into mine, and I want to erase every disaster that has happened to us. But I can’t. So I reply with the only truth I know. “Haven’t we?”

Down We'll Come Baby is my first ride on the Carrie Aarons train of emotion and God, this story was so painfully heartbreaking.

I had three miscarriages and two failed IVF attempts, I dealt with the
Rachel K
Jan 29, 2019 marked it as dnf
Theo would have been so much better off without Imogen. I can’t understand what he ever saw in her. She never once thought about him and what he was going through. Everything was all about her. He bent over backwards to keep her happy and what does she do for him? Absolutely nothing!!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
Talk about a comeback.

This book started a little shaky for me. I wasn't sure if I liked the leading lady. And the leading man, while I loved him, almost had me questioning his sanity as to why he put up with her. But I think that's also a sign of what an impressive and strong writer Carrie Aarons is because she managed to take those confused and conflicted emotions from the beginning and turn it into a story I really enjoyed. And even better, had me liking both main characters in the end.

This
2OCC Reviews
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
I really enjoyed this book. I love Books that have to do with married couples overcoming things and this one pulled at my heart strings. With these characters pasta and the risk of no future the author really wrote a beautiful story of a marriage in shambles but them working through it. I was really annoyed with Imogen in this story. She won’t be on my list of favorite female leads but as the book went on I was able to understand her more. I sympathized with her more.

Theo was totally amazing!
KFForever
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Emma-Louise on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

How do I sum this book up without letting any cats out? I have no clue. I started reading on the bus journey to work, by nine percent I was already in tears, yes, whilst on the bus, no care given. None. Zero. Zilch. Anyway, I carried on reading whilst doing the return bus journey home and no sooner did I get home and kick my shoes off, I jumped back in. Fast forward through nightly chores, etc, and I was back into this gem and I
Courtney
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Down We'll Come, Baby is a super sweet contemporary romance with very little angst and drama.

Carrie delivers a sweet and romantic story starring Theo and Imogen (love these names). I have to say, the way this started off, I was expecting more drama than we got, but I surprisingly enjoyed the path this story went.

Imogen and Theo come from two different worlds and they truly believe that their love would conquer anything thrown in their path. That is until life took them down a path they had not
Verna Loves Books
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Down We'll Come, Baby by Carrie Aarons is one of the sweetest and most beautiful love stories. It's one of those books where the characters have to decide if the love they share is worth fighting for. So prepare yourself for one emotional roller coaster.

Imogen and Theo are one of the most amazing couples. I loved these two together more than I can say. They seemed to make each other better and they completely get one another. Even if Theo didn't agree with Imogen's families way of doing things,
Tania's Book Blog
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an emotional love story. Theo was just amazing from beginning to end. Imogen wasn’t bad but it took a lot for me to warm up to her. My feelings for her were up and down but poor thing had no choice to be the way she was because of her family who I despised.

These two were going thru a rollercoaster in their relationship and Theo never gave up. They were from completely different sides she was a multi millionaire and he was a blue collar with no family but he was the sweetest and did anything
Katie (Leave Me Alone I Am Reading)
This book!!! Omg this book. This book had me sobbing into my pillow while my husband slept beside me because you it was that emotional and that amazing!

For the first half of this book I wanted to reach into the pages of the book and slap Imogen right in the face! I was so angry as her actions and how she was treating her husband when was only trying to love her. Once Imogen finally got her act together and realized that she was making some really poor choices I found a love for her that was
Nova  Brantley
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
The hero was great not so much the heroine. She was a hotmess.
Jeannine Colette
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interview with Carrie Aarons
Imet Author Carrie Aarons at a book signing and was completely enchanted. She is beautiful, charming and so incredibly kind. Flash forward to a few weeks ago when this bookcover hits my screen featuring a handsome, burly man... and the tag line: Iwould have sacrificed for her until the end of time.I had to read this book and devoured it in an evening!

Down We'll Come, Baby, is a steamy, yet complex story about a married couple falling apart. What Iloved was the change
Cocktails and Books
Full review to come.
Ali
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice read, started well but then rolled out a bit too predictable.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Okay I have to say this first that I LOVED and HATED this story. It made me mad, pissed off, and cry and then laugh and smile at some of the things that happened to this couple. I have to say that I really hated Imogen at first. She was elfish and she wanted what she wanted and did not care if it hurt anyone to get it. I wanted to jump threw my kindle and biatch slap her a few times. She comes from money and when she marries someone who doesn't have money but is willing to work his arse off to ...more
Bindi Boo
Jan 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Unforgivable: Divorcing for everyone's sake but her own husband's(who is madly in love with her) then hiding a HUGE secret while faking a 'happy marriage' for society's sake. Things I teach my daughter never to do, all in a book.
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Inkslinger PR and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

Have you ever read a book and realized that some fictional couples just aren’t meant to be? That you can fall for one of the characters wholly and fully but also know within the first couple of chapters that the woman he fell for doesn’t deserve him, at all!

Imogen is a
Louise Roach
I honestly really adored this book. I know now that this story won't be for everyone. There were some parts that people will have gripes with and not feel is right, but quite frankly I felt it all. I felt the emotions that poured off the pages between these two characters.

A married couple who at the start of the story find their marriage in tatters and slowly, find their way back to one another. A second-chance story with so much emotion and so much heart.

Imogen and Theo had so much love for
Sissy's Romance Book Review
DOWN WE'LL COME, BABY by Carrie Aarons is the story of Imogen Weston and Theo Walsh.
Their story starts about 5 years into their marriage and we see how they have been dealing with their different personalities and backgrounds. Imogen is from a very rich and prominent where Theo was from a hard working class family. Imogen parents were not happy that they married and made sure Imogen knew. Theo tried to make Imogen and her family happy by living in the home they wanted them to live and the job.
LianaReads blog
..I love this book for so many reasons!!!
Yes, i love second chance romance but this book is nothing like other books about second chance because it talks so much about what happens in a real marriage after a couple finds their HEA and what comes with all the family issues and the next steps, expectations and dreams as a couple wanting to fulfil their life.
I have many friends that are trying to have kids and the struggle, the disappointment, the hope and hopeless moments are always part of their
Becky Rendon
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carrie Aarons touching on a tragic and heartbreaking problem. Infertility. It drives people in all sorts of directions. In this case, it drives them apart. Down We'll Come, Baby had me crying at the utter heartbreak. I lost it at a simply worded ultimatum. Actually there were several times I needed tissues.

It's real. It's raw. It's endearing - even if her family is NOT. Theo is wonderful. Together they are special...apart they are crumbling.

Let Carrie Aaron's put you back together one
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 1/2 stars!

Oof. This is a beautiful, heart wrenching story that will break your heart and then piece it back together chapter by chapter.

Full review to come soon.
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Down We’ll Come, Baby by Carrie Aarons
“The hard part, 5 stars”

Find your person, fall in love, get married, start a family and live happily ever after. That’s what most of us want in life. To find the person who completes us and to go through all the emotions, all the ups and downs together and make it out on the other side. But what about the hard parts? The parts that we don’t talk about? What if they change everything?
Imogen and Theo loved each other fiercely. But they had been pushing through
Diary Of Book Fiend
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Lead Female Character 3\5
- Imogen- I felt that she didn't really have a back bone, not when it came to her family. Granted she did grown by the end of the book, but I didn't really connect with her at all. She did redeem herself and prove how much she truly cared by the end of the book though, so I gave her three out of 5 stars.

Lead Male Character 3\5
-Theo- He acted like a doormat that Imogen just wiped her feet on. I didn't like that at all. I wish he would have made it a little more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Fallback
  • What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #3)
  • The Consequence of Falling
  • The Reality of Wright and Wrong
  • Hollywood Princess
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • The Pickup (Imperfect Love #1)
  • Hollywood Playboy
  • Enzo
  • Method
  • One & Only You
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Hollywood Prince
  • Work in Progress (Red Lipstick Coalition, #3)
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • Kiss and Break Up (Magnolia Cove, #1)
  • Make Me Yours
  • The Hardest Route
Author of romance novels such as The Tenth Girl and Privileged, Carrie Aarons writes books that are just as swoon-worthy as they are sarcastic. A former journalist, she prefers the love stories of her imagination, and the athleisure dress code, much better.

When she isn't writing, Carrie is busy binging reality TV, having a love/hate relationship with cardio, and trying not to burn dinner. She’s a