Start by marking “Bossy Surgeon” as Want to Read:

Bossy Surgeon

He was the fuel for all my schoolgirl fantasies…

My brother’s best friend, Duncan Murphy is the ruler I measure all other men against. But after seeing all he has to offer, I realize I’ve been using a ruler when I should have been using a yardstick.

Five years ago when I climbed into his bed in the middle of the night, I finally got him to see me as more than his best f
Published January 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Bossy Surgeon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bossy Surgeon

Start your review of Bossy Surgeon
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Steamy short read. Not sure about some of the language.

This book was not bad for the type of book it was, but I didn’t really like how the Hero explained things in one part. The Hero Duncan is a top Orthopedic Surgeon at a major hospital in New York City. His Best Friend is the brother of the Heroine Sara, who is now a ballet dancer in New York.

They both had a crush on each other growing up, though he was a few years older than her. When she crawled into bed with him when she was in college an
Gladys
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This quick read was deliciously fun and steamy. A brother's best friend story that offers heat, heart and charming touches of humor. A perfect read for when you're short on time, suffering a book hangover, or just want something light but spicy. Just delightful! I am posting a truthful review of my own accord.
Melissa
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not Sure

SPOILERS
I’m not quite sure how I feel about this read. Ok, I get Sara ran because she thought Duncan was playing her and I get Duncan thought she was repulsed by him but I didn’t understand his behaviour after. Throughout the book he says multiple times he’s not the man for her and he can’t give her what she wants and needs. He mentions having casual sex with experienced women, how he hasn’t been a saint yet he decorated his apartment with her in mind and bought her an engagement ring. O
Nova
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a second chance at forever story that’s safe and steamy.

Sara has had a crush on her brothers best friend for as long as she can remember but he has rebuffed her every time she has tried to show him her feelings. But its five years later and after she is mugged he insists on taking care of her but she has a decision to make is she really ready for the love this man has for her and can they get past the incidents of the past and misunderstandings that have caused the years apart?

Duncan k
Coco.V
Aug 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/12/2019)! 🎁
Tammy
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fast-paced off the charts steamy read between Sara and her brother’s best friend Duncan. Sara had a crush on him when they were younger but now, she is older and understands exactly what Duncan wants. Will she be able to convince him she is just the woman he needs? Fast-paced read with amazing chemistry and an entertaining story. I really liked it.
Dmcl
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick, exciting read that will keep your toes curled as Sara and Duncan sizzle as they burn with love and long pent up desire. Their passion propels them into a brilliant happily ever after. Good and entertaining. Not to be missed.
SassyLeg
Cute banter.....
Enjoyable pastime
Ree
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Duncan & Sara are afforded a second chance to explore their chemistry under the unlikeliest of circumstances.

This is a quick, steamy read with a bit of humor. It's a good pick-me-up after a heavy read, or if you're just looking for a quick escape. The epilogues were pretty good, too.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
Charity Chimni
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great quick read. I loved the characters and how the came together even after time apart. Looking forward to more from Lark Avery!
Beth
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Duncan is best friends with Sara's older brother. That should make what she is feeling for him off limits....only it doesn't. Hidden feelings along with little not-so-subtle hints are always there. One night, Sara decides to act out on her feelings, climbs into bed with Duncan. Only the response from Duncan is not what she was anticipating. No this one is humiliating and hurtful.

Five years have since past. Duncan is on of the top surgeons in the hospital. A call from his best friend from the pas
Jasmine
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Sara grew up in love with her brother's best friend. But one night when she doesn't understand what is happening, things go south and they stop speaking. But when she moves to New York, it is because Duncan is there and she is hoping to get another chance with him.

Duncan wants more with his friend's little sister, but she isn't ready for him still. But when he gets a call that she is hurt, he does the only thing he can do, he saves her in more than one way. But what will happen with his best fri
Cherye Elliott
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Unbelievable

Hmmmm. The first couple of pages just about mentioned every curse word. If they were used appropriately, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Then in a blink of an eye he practically rapes her. Then it goes downhill. This is a novella that speeds through a story where there is not a real plot.

The whole story reads like a prepubescent wet dream. Then the biggest cliche is spoken. “Sara, are you a virgin?” I was thankful this was a short short story.

I am giving this novella two stars be
Melissa Headrick
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short, fast, hard.

A couple things wrong with this story. First, it's too short. Desire that's been burning as long as theirs, I feel, needs a bit more investment in the characters to do that level of need justice. Its extremely well written with no grammar errors and maybe one typo, the editing exceeded my standards in that way. I couldn't quite get to know the characters so I didnt have much emotional investment in them getting to it. Also if you're going to promise a bossy dominant I'd like to
Katherine
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stand-alone
🌟4 Stars🌟-Great (had my attention and I enjoyed it),

Standalone novella; dual POV; 17+readers; HEA;

If you want something quick to read, this is a book for you. A hot and fast paced read. Best friends sister/brother's best friend romance. She's crushed on him forever and always made sure he's known. But he has an eclectic taste. She's too innocent and young but he wants her so bad. He finally gives in but she's not ready and is scared away. Now she's older and is ready to finally take what he offe
The Mysterious Reader
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sara and Duncan’s story in Lark Avery’s Bossy Surgeon is disturbingly hot - and I mean that in the very best of ways. This superbly written story is also pure fun and with just the right degree of romance. One word description: yum. But for the fact that I’m literally dictating this review to my husband from my hospital bed I could go on and on with praises. The book definitely deserves it. Since I can’t do that I will simply note that the book is most definitely one to read, and it is easy to h ...more
Susan Swiderski
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, sexy
This book was... okay. It had plenty of heat, but very little heart or depth. I was kinda hoping for a medical romance, but the fact that the guy was a surgeon was totally immaterial. He could just as well have been a plumber or architect.

On the plus side? It's a verrrrry fast read. Two and a half stars, rounded up to three.
Michael And
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've just added lark Avery to my buy list

I just started reading Ms Averys books. I'm a short read insta love girl who loves Alexa Riley but Ms Avery just won my approval on a Jayne Krentz Level. 3rd book of hers for me and I've been won over. If you love insta love, happily ever after with a real story behind it dont pass this one up! I'm happily impressed!
Birgit
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's well written and entertaining, the story-line is well-paced and sometimes really hot and steaming. I read through the book without a break up to the end.

Sara and Duncan have cut out a number of issues in their sparkling journey to the HEA.

So, go ahead, grab this book, grab a cup of coffee and let the story give You a relaxed reading time.
Debbie Loveridge
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and hot

Duncan and Sara stay apart because of confusion and misunderstanding. But when they come together again they waste no time in going for what they both wanted. I'd recommend.
Christy
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily review this book..

I guess you never forget your first crush, even if he's your brother's best friend.. A surgeon sure sounds yummy, even if he was hooking up with other women when he knew that she was saving herself for him and only him..
Deborah
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Great read !!

I really enjoyed reading this book, it may be a short read but the characters and storyline was nicely developed. This was my first time reading a Lark Avery book but it won't be my last !. Enjoy.!!

BookwormMomma7
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bossy Surgeon

Duncan and Sara have had a thing for each other for decades but a misunderstanding drove them apart but not from each others mind, now serendipity has brought them back together and they are both determined to make it count. A quick steamy read.
Aliza Nai
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
4th of 2019
Jo Smith
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bossy Surgeon

This is a quick romcom with some great double meanings, misunderstandings and two characters forever destined to be together. Brilliant for an hour relaxing reading.
Pat
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The great character and storyline development kept me totally engaged until the turn of the very last page! I look forward to reading more from this author!
Sherry Patrick
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!!! I absolutely loved this book and Duncan! I love how he had his apartment already setup for Sara with pink towels, a kitchen for her, etc. So sweet!!!
Jazzysmum
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nowhere near as good as Bossy Biker :(
Lisa Lawson
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bossy Surgeon Review

A well-written, steamy, romance. Short but fulfilling with a happily ever after that is oh so hot! I loved Duncan and Sara's story!

• Best Friend Baby Daddy (My Baby Daddy, #1)
  • Big Bad Doctor (Big Bad Daddies #2)
  • Taken (A Real Man #21)
  • Big (A Real Man #20)
  • Make Me Yours
  • The Beast's Untouched Bride (The Winters Billionaire Brothers #1)
  • Married by Mistake (Alphalicious Billionaires, #1)
  • Samson (Cerberus MC #9)
  • Scooter (Cerberus MC #11)
  • Ride 'Em Hard: Enemies to Lovers, Bad Boy Brothers, Cowboy Romance (The Wild Wests Book 1)
  • Mastering Her Curves (Small Town Protectors, #7)
  • Finding Home
  • Accidentally Bound (Accidental Hookups, #3)
  • The BEARly Controlled Grizzly (Bear Clan #1)
  • You. Me. Bed. Now.
  • Unexpected Surprise (Irresistible Billionaires Book 1)
  • Forbidden Prescription (Forbidden Prescription, #1)
  • She's All Mine