Start by marking “Zero (The Fringe Collection Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Zero (The Fringe Collection Book 1)

Zero (The Fringe Collection Book 1)

He won the election. He ended democracy. He built a wall of glass 1,000 meters high. Now, 150 years later, his descendants have infinite wealth and control the Sanctuary, a high-tech paradise for the rich where money equals rank. She’s from the slum. She has no money or rank. She vows to tear down the Wall and end the madness.
Her weapon? Zero.

It all started with the
Published November 30th 2018 by Jacob Whaler

To ask other readers questions about Zero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zero

Start your review of Zero (The Fringe Collection Book 1)
Todd Simpson
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful piece of writing that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was already a fan of Jacob Whaler after reading ‘Suri Five’, which is another excellent story. The stand out for me is the unique and clever ideas revealed throughout the plot, which I haven’t come across in any other stories I’ve read. I especially like the main character Alix, with her guts and determination.
Living in the Fringe is a hell of a lot different than living in the Sanctuary. The Sanctuary was where the privileged
Alicia Huxtable
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is about upper and lower populations seperated by a wall. A literal wall. In the Sanctuary, your rank depends on how much is in your bank account. But in the Fringe, where the upper class think they have nothing.....they have Alix.....and Alix is destined to be everything. Jacob Whaler has written a stunning book that really pulls you in.
Jolie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alix has spent her entire life in The Fringe. She has spent her entire life looking in at the rich while struggling to survive. With the help of her friends and spurred on by the injustices done to her people, Alix is going to start a revolution. But, the question is, can she pull it off? Or will she become another of President Quinn’s casualties?

Link is the best of the best. He is the youngest Patrol Commander in the history of The Sanctuary. In a society where money equals rank, Link is fast
Grady
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“You’re a genius, Wilson. You found the ghost.”

Author Jacob Whaler has lived and worked in New York City, Tokyo and Los Angeles, but now keeps his writing station secret. He states ‘I have experienced the power of words in my own life, and my belief in that power to fire our imaginations and lift our minds to new heights pushes me to write. In my professional life, I've used words to build meaning into arcane corporate documents that control the flow of hundreds of millions of dollars around the
John Stark
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A classic story with a spin

This story has a lot of elements I've read and seen in many other books, movies and TV shows. After reading the book it reminds me of the Hunter Games series without the games.
The characters are engaging and hard to dislike. A nice good vs evil tension.
It was a quick and easy read.
Linda Romer
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
I loved Zero. I've read a few of this Authors books and have loved them all, they keep getting better. Zero was an exciting read with great characters. I loved Alix, a born leader with strong morals and fearless in her attempt to free her fellow people from the rule of a tyrant, President Quinn. Lots of action with a unique plot that will keep you thinking. Looking forward to the next exciting read.

I give Zero 5 stars for its great story.
I would recommend this book to Science Fiction and
Sarah Crawford
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a not-impossible future for this country, especially considering the way things are going. In this future there is a massive difference between the rich and the poor. The rich live in sanctuary cities where they have the best of everything. Their rank in the city is determined totally by how rich they are. It doesn't make any difference what they do or what kind of person they are; it's just the amount of money they have.

Outside the sanctuary is the Fringe where all the poor people live.
William
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I often try to find a single word for myself that best describes how I feel about a book before composing a review and then let that be my focus. I struggled to do this for Jacob Whaler's "Zeo" with no success. There are so many feelings and emotions I experienced while reading this book and all were too strong to select just one as my guide for a review.
You'll have to read and experience the book yourself to understand this and I strongly encourage you to read the author's summary to find the
Sue
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was truly a unique storyline about life in a dystopian society. The author paints an incredibly detailed picture of the split between the haves & the have nots of this new world where money is the measurement of your worth in society & those without are quite literally zeros. Lots of action, good character development & a really interesting story of rebellion against the oppressors. Thank you to the author Jacob Whaler. I received this ebook free in ...more
Vicky Rowe
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story, characters a bit overdone

I enjoyed the story, a classic ‘triumph of the underdog’ tale. There is love, adventure and a very evil villain. I felt the characters were relatable, but overblown. I wasn’t on board with some of the societal conclusions being drawn, but all in all, a fun read.
JoHanna Harding
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

It was a well thought out book and had the perfect balance of action mixed into it. I wish that the ending had taken a bit longer but all in all I would definitely suggest reading it!
Cindy
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once I started I could not put down. If this could be for real what a wonderful world it would be. A world of greed and not having enough will destroy us.
Lori Rote
Nov 04, 2019
Bob
Dec 31, 2018
10914 Reviews (Britny)
Zero was a fantastic read! It put to paper a hint of how a world could be in which there was an infamous Wall. You know, the one Trump is talking about, the one our government is currently shut down over. What I really like about this book is how Whaler mixes politics with fantasy and creates a world that benefits everyone. This book definitely makes you think deeply. The characters were strong, the plot was well-developed, and the history was rich. For an excellent read, I would definitely ...more
Becky Austin
Shirley Searle
Finnian A-B
Jaden
Dec 16, 2018

• Bless Her Dead Heart (The Righteous, #1)
  • Solar Dawn (Survival EMP Book 3)
  • Battle Spire
  • The Baby on the Back Porch: A Short Story (Dunnhill Mysteries #1)
  • Horror Fiction: Burn, Baby, Burn
  • The Border: Part One
  • The Border: Part Five
  • The Border: Part Eight
  • Another One: Book 1 of The Parker Trilogy
  • Solar Storm (Survival EMP Book 1)
  • Upload (Save Point, #1)
  • Irrelevant Jack
  • World's Unbound (The System Apocalypse, #6)
  • The Mayor of Noobtown (Noobtown, #1)
I first learned about the power of words when, at the age of 14, I picked up a torn copy of The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury. It blew me away. I devoured his other books in quick succession: Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Martian Chronicles, Fahrenheit 451. I didn't just read his books; I lived them. His novels and short stories were my secret world, not just a place of escape, but a ...more