Start by marking “Not So Gone (Sam Sunborn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Not So Gone (Sam Sunborn, #2)

Not So Gone

(Sam Sunborn #2)

NOT SO GONE, a new fast-paced thriller from the bestselling author of NOT SO DEAD . . . In NOT SO GONE, Sam Sunborn is forced to come back from the Dead to save his son and protect his country from a sadistic terrorist. Can the genius scientist, Frank Einstein, free Sam from the Cloud and bring him back so he can return to his wife Monica in the physical world?With the hel ...more
Published November 30th 2018 by Munn Avenue Press

To ask other readers questions about Not So Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not So Gone

Start your review of Not So Gone (Sam Sunborn, #2)
Donna Backshall
In Not So Gone, Charles Levin's second novel in the Sam Sunborn series, we find our protagonist, Sam Sunborn, living digitally after he and his Digital 3000 partner, Frank Einstein, were murdered by a terrorist group led by The Leopard. This terrorist group has lofty plans, and the world itself is in jeopardy. The powers that be are onto this group's nefarious plans, but they are always a few steps behind.

Digital 3000 digitized personalities, memories and emotions to the cloud, which was fortuna
Ted Berggren
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure- I was NOT given a free copy of this book to review. I loved the first book in the series, and I heard the third book was being released so I purchased this one since I like to read a book series in order. Having said that...

If you like fast paced, hold onto your hat action, this techno thriller series is for you. As in the first book, Not So Dead, the author leads the reader on a non-stop ride that is so full of action I felt like I was watching a movie. And if the action isn’t
Ron Mac
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sequel…carrying on where the original left off
~First, I’ll state that I received this book as a gift from the author to read and review.
~I read the first book, “Not So Dead” and it was great…when I heard that there was a sequel, I wanted to read it, but I did have a concern. The first book as so exciting, with non-stop action and intricate schemes, great characters, and it was a complete story in itself. What did that leave to write about in a second book? MORE ACTION in yet another very complex
Rita
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Excellent Thriller!

I really enjoyed this book! It had non stop twists and turns that kept me on edge. The characters are amazing and full of surprises. The plot is so clever. I was happy and sad at the ending. The author has quite the imagination. I will be looking forward to more books from this author.
Kelly
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Very interesting concept to this story. I haven't read/listened to the previous book, which actually might be a good idea since the reader would get some information that could explain the underlining plot line.

The book starts out with two men who end up being virtual entities, basically floating around in cyberspace. One of the men seems perfectly happy to be there, content with his lot in life, and the other wants to be flesh and blood again. Seems he was killed in the first book (sorry for
Julie Howard
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Oh wow, I started with book three and liked it so much I had to go.back and listen to the previous books. So glad I did because I enjoyed this book just as much and I can safely say listening to the story out of order doesn't effect the enjoyment. You just have a clue as to what is going to happen but with so many twists In the plot that isn't always certain. I can so easily see this being made into a big budget film, it is that good. The story is told by a number of characters, of which there a ...more
Bonnie Dale Keck
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
kindle unlimited, had read the previous book but didn't realize this one was out, but at least it was on ku {know that's a problem for some writers due to all sorts of things including having to be exclusive to amazon} and once again, must say...already owned the first one somehow then realized hadn't read/reviewed it yet on amazon/goodreads, books get lost in the shuffle, interesting take on things, the back and forth and is it/isn't it, but no spoilers so just read to find out, yes again, hate ...more
Bob Morton
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review is of the audio version of the book. I received a ARC copy to review. What follows is an honest review.

30 Seconds Into the Future

Not So Gone picks up where Not So Dead left off. It is a few month later that the first story. You do not need to have read the first one as you are quickly brought up to speed with the important details of the first book. What follows could be spoilers for the first book so if you have not read it you should most likely stop this review now.

As I said it is
Claudia
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is obviously not the first book in the series, and although I could follow perfectly the plot and storyline, I'm pretty sure I'd have enjoyed it a lot more if I had read the first one.

Nevertheless, the story is great, and I really liked the ethical issues that are brought by this new... technology? I'm not really sure it's technology what we are talking here. It's something so new and different that it's hard to categorize.

The characters, particularly the secondary ones, those that found th
Jan Miller
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not So Gone is a gripping techno thriller that deals with artificial intelligence, virtual reality, terrorism, and threats to millions of people. Charles Levin did a great job in plotting this book, developing the characters, and having a realistic threat, plus vivid imagery. Without giving away spoilers, he was ingenious with his target, as it impacts millions. I really enjoyed this book and thought that Daniel Greenberg performed the story perfectly. He gave the various characters distinguisha ...more
Ursula Johnson
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, thrillers
Threats in Two Fronts Threaten our Hero

Not So Gone is the sequel to the first San Sunborn novel Not So Dead. Many of the main characters return for more adventure. After the first terrorist was dispatched, his brother survives to again challenge the US. This book is much more fast paced and there are many twists and turns and I had a harder time following along. Sam's family is out in jeopardy and he has to come up with a novel way to help save his family and stop the terrorists. So much was add
Catrina
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m impressed! A fast paced thriller with lots of action. There is some violence but it was a necessary part of the storyline. I could definitely see the technology described as something that could easily come into play in the future.

Daniel Greenberg’s narration was spot on! The perfect voice for this story.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and I have voluntarily left this review.
Margaret
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not So Gone by Charles Levin is actually the second book in the series (I hope there will be more). This one is even better than the first. Very creative techno-thriller. Levin tells us that all the technologies in the book, but one, actually exist now. In fact, Levin gives references at the end of the book for further reading. Pretty amazing!

I was given a copy of this great book by the author. I have voluntarily posted this honest review.
Susan Hamann
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a continuation of the Not so Dead series. It's fast paced, lots of action. I read the third book first, then the first and lastly this book. It's an intriguing story. I definitely recommend this series. Although you can read them in any order, it's definitely best to read them starting with the first.

There's a lot going on and it's mind boggling. Not for young readers.

I listened to the audio version and the narrator did a great job.
Gina
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sam Sanborn is living in a cloud, not the white puffy kind but a virtual kind. When a terrorist kidnaps his son, he has his friends upload his virtual self into a borrowed body. Talk about multiple personalities. He teams up with others to stop this terrorist who is always one step ahead of them. This is one rollercoaster of a story never knowing what will happen. It will definitely keep your attention. I received a complimentary audio and this review is voluntary.
Ann Keeran
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sam Sunborn is dead, but that will not deter him from stopping a terrorist attack. After taking up residence in a different body, Sam must find his son and save not only him but the entire world. Charles Levin uses his expertise to craft a superb novel.
JO GIBBS
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chilling and Thrilling

This is a cutting-edge techno-thriller. Sam is forced to find a body so he can come back from the dead to save his kidnapped son and try to stop a psychopath who is set to deploy many nightmarish scenarios throughout America. I was spell bound while reading this book and didn't want to be disturbed. You will hold your breath as you wonder if this villain can be stopped before it is too late!!!
KP Home Builders LLC
Aug 10, 2019
George M. Blazo
Aug 25, 2019

• Daredevils
  • The Kaiser's Web (Cotton Malone, #16)
  • Spring House
  • This Is Not How It Ends
  • Wall of Silence
  • A Charming Blend: Magical Cures and Killer Coffee Crossover Mystery
  • Act One (What Doesn't Kill You #0.5)
  • Sorry Can't Save You
  • One Body Short of a Picnic (Cedar Fish Campground Series Book 3)
  • Speakeasy (True North, #5)
  • Not Dead Yet (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #7)
  • Everything My Mother Taught Me
  • Flo Charts (Silver Hills #1)
  • Dear Santa: A Christmas Wish (The Holiday Series Book 3)
  • Resisting Dylan (Cowboy Inspired #2)
  • Murder at Jade Cove (Cedar Bay Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Bury the Past: An addictive and thrilling crime mystery (Detective Bex Wynter Files Book 8)
Charlie's 23-year background in tech, a degree in philosophy and love of fast-paced thrillers are the brew that created NOT SO DEAD, NOT SO GONE, and NOT SO DONE.
He is the founder of Pathfinder Consulting Group, which builds, maintains. And markets multi-million-dollar websites together with providing Strategic Planning and Business Development services. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, Amy,

Sam Sunborn (3 books)
  • Not So Dead (Sam Sunborn, #1)
  • Not So Done (Sam Sunborn, #3)

News & Interviews