Start by marking “Sky Rider (Spellmonger Cadet, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sky Rider (Spellmonger Cadet, #3)

Sky Rider

(Spellmonger Cadet #3)

Lady Lenodara of Westwood, called the Hawkmaiden – Dara, to her friends – has had an adventurous life: she tamed a falcon when she was twelve, learned she had magical Talent, discovered that she had a natural aptitude as a beastmaster, won her witchstone at the first Spellmonger’s Trial, became the junior apprentice to Minalan the Spellmonger, Magelord of Sevendor, ...more
Published November 29th 2018

Start your review of Sky Rider (Spellmonger Cadet, #3)
GaiusPrimus
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic, fantasy, epic
Awesome listen.

4* for the story, +1* for the voice acting.

The side-story of Dara is satisfactorily brought to a conclusion with this book and it does a great job of filling the "in-between space", giving us a lot of background around what's happening and how we come about the discovery of the snowstone mine.

Now to await the next audio in the main series.
Mikey
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the superbly epic word of the Spellmonger.
The concluding part of this cadet trilogy takes part between the end of Magelord and part way through Highlord.
Dara is steadily mastering the basics and some intermediate magical theory and spellwork, whilst at the same time trying to carve a place for herself in the world, discovering suitors and beginning her teenage angst stage.
Some excellent titbits about the Alka Alon and more details added to the world building make this
Annezo
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Honestly, although I like the character of Dara and have enjoyed the other cadet novels, this outing is the weakest in the entire series.

The story doesn't break any new ground and, unlike the other cadet novels, doesn't advance the main series' storyline at all.

It was reasonably interesting to read, but felt short and kind of rushed, maybe?
Kristine
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I truly love the world of the Spellmonger. It was nice to get a peak into what was happening with Dara back before the launch of the Skyriders while we wait for the next installment of Minilan’s story.

For some reason, Dara’s been given kind of a bad rap in the over arching story because we’ve been hearing things from Gareth’s side.... or maybe I’ve just been feeling protective of him and upset on his behalf. (I’m talking about events far in the future from this book) So, it’s nice to get a POV
diane l.brenner
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The beginning of something wonderous

I just can not get enough of Terry Mancour's books! From the very first book that I read, I was hooked! Now, to my mind, he can't write them fast enough. The magic is believable, the characters are friends you wish you had and the story could go on forever!
Larry Siders
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Birth of the Sky Riders

I am deeply in love with the Lenodara, the Hawkmaiden after that incredible ride.

Mancour is masterfully developing one of the best characters of all time... young Lady Lenodara, the Hawkmaiden...in the best literary series of all time, the Spellmonger Series.
Greg
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Meh. Not horrible and at times entertaining. In my opinion, Mancour's first book in the spellmonger series is still his best. I will keep reading future books by Mancour just because they are better than TV.
Roger D. Robertson
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read.

I have enjoyed the story of BraNdenburg fro. Her perspective. Although a book for young readers, it is well written and entertaining. Will continue reading the following books.
Keith Hilton
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good tale to go with the others

I enjoyed the book and would recommend to anyone who likes the ongoing tales of Mancour's Calidor. The only complaint I would have is it's too short! There is much more he could do with the character hopefully. But i wa a fun read!!
Mike
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another outstanding entry in the Spellmonger line.

These books are always fun. They do a good job of expanding on the main universe. When seen thru the eyes of a young girl, even a noble girl who is a mage it’s easy to tell we’re not in Kanas anymore.
Susan Brown
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dara's story

A good book to catch up on all things Spellmongers world, from Data's experiences. Some of of the intelligence she got from her alon friend doesn't get shared in the main books. All in all a refreshing book to read. Enjoyable. Just long enough.
DANIEL ZACHARY
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Finally. I was waiting a long time for the next Terry Mancour book. It was a good story, but it was just backstory. What I am really waiting for is the next book in the Spellmonger series.
Kieffer Dillon
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a delight

Following Dara and picking up more of the spellmonger pieces is wonderful. Another spectacular feature to the world of goblins and wizards.
Peter Pearce
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

Another great book from Terry . I like hearing from other characters perspectives. Keep up the good work please Terry.
Heath
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2019
Good Read.

The continuing story of the Young Adult novel of a character in the Spellmonger series. The expands the story of the main series with additional details.
Yuri Santos
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mais uma sequência brilhante! O desenrolar da história de Lady Lenadara é fascinante. Já estou ansioso pelo próximo!

Amazing! I Want the next one!
Jeffrey A. Dewey
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Awesome saga continues with Sara and Frightful with the building of the mews while fighting with bandits and dealing with her father. Can't wait for following books
Stephen
Dec 01, 2018
Aditya Deshmukh
Dec 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Cursed (Schooled in Magic #17)
  • A Traitor in Skyhold (Mage Errant #3)
  • Mage Errant: Publisher's Pack, Book 1-2
  • Transcendence and Rebellion (The Riven Gates, #3)
  • The Mayor of Noobtown (Noobtown, #1)
  • The Third Realm (Ten Realms Book 3)
  • Valkyrie (Expeditionary Force, #9)
  • Raze (The Completionist Chronicles Book 4)
  • The Broken Throne (Schooled in Magic, #16)
  • Armageddon (Expeditionary Force, #8)
  • Homefront (Expeditionary Force, #7.5)
  • Mirror Image (Schooled in Magic #18)
  • Simple Things (The Valens Legacy #13)
  • C.A.E.C.O. (Demon Accords, #15)
  • Metal Mage
  • Downtime and Death (Apocalypse Gates Author's Cut Book 5)
  • Trying Times (The Valens Legacy #14)
  • Rexus: Side Quest (The Completionist Chronicles, #2.5)

Spellmonger Cadet (3 books)
  • Hawkmaiden (Spellmonger Cadet, #1)
  • Hawklady (Spellmonger Cadet, #2)