Start by marking “Wicked Night (A Warrior's Promise #1)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Night (A Warrior's Promise #1)

Wicked Night

(A Warrior's Promise #1)

Follow the journey of a strong, independent, yet caring woman as she navigates the supernatural world she is thrust into. Gwen steps out of a dysfunctional family life and into a world filled with danger she never realized lives at every turn, fiery passion, and a love that is ever binding. How will she handle her strange new surroundings as well as the man with the intens ...more
Published November 27th 2018 by Tellwell Talent

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Night

Start your review of Wicked Night (A Warrior's Promise #1)
Deborah
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This is one of those reviews that’s difficult to write. I will say now (since this review is relatively long for me) that much to my surprise it won me over in the end.

These are my comments after two days.

It’s safe to say I’m struggling with this. It’s been two days and I haven’t finished the first chapter yet. Normally I would have quit but based on all the 4 and 5* glowing reviews I requested this. And when I request a book I try my best to finish it.

My problem in/>
It’s
Deborah

These are my comments after two days.

My problem in/>
It’s
Evi Rhodes
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Obviously, I'm biased:)
Renee
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Gwen grew up in the lap of cold luxury, with a dog being her only friend. Turns out her mother had an affair with the king of vampires and got pregnant with Gwen, so when the time of Gwen's Change approached, Mom contacted Dad to come get his daughter. King Gabriel was in the middle of some delicate negotiations in Europe with the lycan clans so he sent his heir Wicked to fetch Gwen to a collegiate safehold--and become her mentor. Gwen needs to learn vampire life quickly in order to survive her ...more
Lauren Peters
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall this was a pretty good book. I enjoyed the characters and the plot of the story, however the thing keeping it from receiving five stars from me is the ending. I was very disappointed in the ending of the book. I know authors like to leave you hanging, but to me this book didn’t even really end it’s like the writing just abruptly stopped. I also feel as if Gwen is a tad immature. I am hoping she is written this way to show evolvement throughout the series. I will continue to read the seri ...more
Tobin Elliott
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A couple of things right up front:

First, I know the author, and was given a copy of this novel as a gift (yes, I'm the "Uncle Tobin" mentioned in the thank yous at the beginning...seriously, how many Tobins are out there?).

Second, I am so not the target audience of this book, being an old, curmudgeonly male who doesn't read any sort of romance stuff without wincing slightly.

That being said, I still will be honest about my thoughts on the book.

A first novel in a
Christine Galletly

I really enjoyed this story and I thought that the book was excellent!!

This story had everything that I look for in a book - action, suspense, romance and it was all packed in a book that was very hard to put down!

I really enjoyed the author's writing style and I thought that the story flowed very well right from the first page and it was certainly a book that had me hooked. The characters were well developed and I enjoyed getting to know them.

It is 5
Riley
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed this steamy vampire love story as well as the descriptions of the vampire culture Gwen suddenly found herself immersed in. The friendships she made were endearing, and the plot in general was clever and entertaining. On the critical side, there was perhaps a bit too much melodrama on Gwen’s part, especially in the beginning. Maybe it’s just me, but I prefer action over mental monologues. Additionally, I found the changing point of view narration to be a bit confusing at times, pa ...more
Jo Corlyon
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good. Start to a Series

Not usually into vampires. At least these had more human ways. Need to slap her mama around just a bit. Hope the next one keeps the interest up.
Melony Wise Meyer
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing new vampire series to really sink your teeth into. Hooked me right in from the beginning with characters that make you feel a rollercoaster of emotions. Extremely well written and cannot wait to continue on with Wicked and Gwen’s story.
Jasmin Moore
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it right from the beginning! The passion felt between the characters had me not wanting to put the book down. A definite must read! Looking forward to reading book 2
Elaine Elliott
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It has so much depth and the main characters (Gwen and Wicked) really came alive for me. LOVED IT, can’t wait to read more and would highly recommend to my friends.
Angel Hatfield
It had been a few years since Gwen had indulged in the simple pleasure of solitude, she was enjoying the beautiful evening. Since Gwen was a girl she loved the nights better than days. Gwen had seen a lot in her short life and the part of her that believed the world was a sparkly, wonderful place died long ago. Her parents had an arranged marriage. They were rich and politically well bred. Gwen had not had contact with her parents for two years. Strange things seemed to be happening to Gwen that ...more
Ashbonn
Gwen has just recently found out there is an entire world she was unaware of, one she is literally transitioning into. Gwen's mother discloses her biological father is a full vampire. Shocked, she soon discovers she also has to leave everything behind and will be assigned a caretaker to assist her with the changes she will soon be experiencing. Gwen feels inadequate and she has to learn the rules of the new world she has been thrown into.

Wicked, is the King of Vampires and he gets st
Madhu MaBookYard -
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Rating : 4.5🌟
OMG can someone please get me the next book! I was slightly skeptical when I started reading this book about the plot and whether I would grow to love the characters. But this book totally took me by surprise!! The main characters are strong and independent, the storyline had a lot at stakes that makes you want to bite your nails, and the friendship between certain characters are just amazing !! The ending absolutely almost destroyed me. This reminded me a bit of The
Anne Monteith
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lauren Peters
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book over all. The story and the characters were great and it kept me interested all the way through. The only thing I did not like about it was the ending. I feel like it really just overly left you hanging. I know authors like to leave cliff hangers, but in my honest opinion this wasn’t even that. It just abruptly ended. I will continue to read the series but hopefully the next book will end better/ more evolved.
Jeannine
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly written! What a story...I couldn't put it down! Complex characters all dealing with their own inner demons. A great love adventure..sexy and intriguing.
Vampires, Lycans, and Wraiths...oh my!
Please hurry with the second book!
Tiffany Copple
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars for Wicked Night by Evi Rhodes. This is book 1 in A Warrior's Promise Series. This Is a dark romance. I would recommend it to anyone who loves a strong women who falls for a dominate man. It was a great read.
Christine
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wicked Night is a fast paced paranormal romance that kept me reading up late! I enjoyed the characters, the setting, and am ready to read the second in the series as soon as it comes out! Well written, lots of action and realistic dialogue kept the momentum in the story going. Thanks Evi!
Jean Craven
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book very much so exciting & thrilling to read
Tracey WHITE
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Simply put, I was surprised by this book. The characters are gripping and the story line is quite interesting. The love scenes are very appealing and quite well written, while the action scenes are equally as well written. All round easy read, with a story line that keeps you engaged until the end, waiting with anticipation for the second book in the series.
Susan Clark
Amanda
Feb 28, 2019
Tamra LeValley
Aug 04, 2019

A Warrior's Promise (2 books)
  • Unusual Night (A Warrior's Promise #2)