Start by marking “Wicked Night (A Warrior's Promise #1)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Night (A Warrior's Promise #1)

Wicked Night

(A Warrior's Promise #1)

Follow the journey of a strong, independent, yet caring woman as she navigates the supernatural world she is thrust into. Gwen steps out of a dysfunctional family life and into a world filled with danger she never realized lives at every turn, fiery passion, and a love that is ever binding. How will she handle her strange new surroundings as well as the man with the intens ...more
Published November 27th 2018 by Tellwell Talent

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Night

Start your review of Wicked Night (A Warrior's Promise #1)
Deborah
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Re-read 2nd - 3rd July 2020.

Before starting the next book I needed a re-read.

Original review.

This is one of those reviews that’s difficult to write. I will say now (since this review is relatively long for me) that much to my surprise it won me over in the end.

These are my comments after two days.

Deborah

These are my comments after two days.

It’s safe to say I’m struggling with this. It’s been two days and I haven’t finished the first chapter yet. Normally I would have quit but based on all the 4 and 5* glowing reviews I requested this. And when I request a book I try my best to finish it.

My problem in one word is Gwen. She’s immat
Sherry Fundin
Wicked is his name. He watched her from the dark, barely able to control himself.

Gwen saw him approach from the dark, tall, heavily armed and looking like the warrior he is.

At first I had trouble figuring out who was talking, him or her. It took a moment to catch the shift.

How she becomes a vampire is a bit different and so are these vampires. I am always on the lookout for an author that represents them in a new to me light. They are accepted as part of the human world.

When I heard Gwen say, “W
Riley
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed this steamy vampire love story as well as the descriptions of the vampire culture Gwen suddenly found herself immersed in. The friendships she made were endearing, and the plot in general was clever and entertaining. On the critical side, there was perhaps a bit too much melodrama on Gwen’s part, especially in the beginning. Maybe it’s just me, but I prefer action over mental monologues. Additionally, I found the changing point of view narration to be a bit confusing at times, pa ...more
Christine Galletly

I really enjoyed this story and I thought that the book was excellent!!

This story had everything that I look for in a book - action, suspense, romance and it was all packed in a book that was very hard to put down!

I really enjoyed the author's writing style and I thought that the story flowed very well right from the first page and it was certainly a book that had me hooked. The characters were well developed and I enjoyed getting to know them.

It is 5 star
Evi Rhodes
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Obviously, I'm biased:)
Renee
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Gwen grew up in the lap of cold luxury, with a dog being her only friend. Turns out her mother had an affair with the king of vampires and got pregnant with Gwen, so when the time of Gwen's Change approached, Mom contacted Dad to come get his daughter. King Gabriel was in the middle of some delicate negotiations in Europe with the lycan clans so he sent his heir Wicked to fetch Gwen to a collegiate safehold--and become her mentor. Gwen needs to learn vampire life quickly in order to survive her ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Wicked Night is the first book in The Warrior's Promise series and we meet Gwen, who is half vampire. Although she comes from a wealthy family, she is not the usual spoilt little rich girl. Wicked is in line to be the next King and has agreed to take Gwen as his charge as a favour to her father (who we don't get to meet in this book.)

Gwen is a good character for the most part. She doesn't allow unnecessary miscommunication to blow out of proportion (too much) but she is a hot-head and allows her
Heather Ridolfi
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun vampire romance! There is a lot (a lot!) of point of view switching without good external clues that takes some getting used to before it makes much sense. This book is also clearly setting up for a series and has some really nice world building. Ignore the technical writing weirdness and you will not want to put this book down!
Karen
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gwen doesn’t know why she doesn’t fit in with her family. Her parent ignore her growing up, but as an adult she finally finds out why this happens. You see, she is the product of an affair that her mother had with a vampire, so she is what is called a Halfling. Once this comes out, her mother makes arrangements with her biological father to have her go to a “vampire” school to find out what will happen once she goes through the change. If she survives that, well, then she will be part of that co ...more
Lauren Peters
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall this was a pretty good book. I enjoyed the characters and the plot of the story, however the thing keeping it from receiving five stars from me is the ending. I was very disappointed in the ending of the book. I know authors like to leave you hanging, but to me this book didn’t even really end it’s like the writing just abruptly stopped. I also feel as if Gwen is a tad immature. I am hoping she is written this way to show evolvement throughout the series. I will continue to read the seri ...more
Jennifer Weir
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn into this book from beginning to end. seeing Gwen grow from a timid young woman and blossom into a strong warrior was empowering.

Her relationship with Wicked is beautiful in regards to how it evolves from student to equals, even though though they are at opposite ends of the spectrum in regards to their life experiences.

The book introduces so many wonderful intriguing characters that you want to learn so much more about and Evi Rhodes gives you the perfect introduction and longing
Tobin Elliott
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A couple of things right up front:

First, I know the author, and was given a copy of this novel as a gift (yes, I'm the "Uncle Tobin" mentioned in the thank yous at the beginning...seriously, how many Tobins are out there?).

Second, I am so not the target audience of this book, being an old, curmudgeonly male who doesn't read any sort of romance stuff without wincing slightly.

That being said, I still will be honest about my thoughts on the book.

A first novel in a series has a lot of work to do. I
Jo Corlyon
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good. Start to a Series

Not usually into vampires. At least these had more human ways. Need to slap her mama around just a bit. Hope the next one keeps the interest up.
Madhu MaBookYard -
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Rating : 4.5🌟
OMG can someone please get me the next book! I was slightly skeptical when I started reading this book about the plot and whether I would grow to love the characters. But this book totally took me by surprise!! The main characters are strong and independent, the storyline had a lot at stakes that makes you want to bite your nails, and the friendship between certain characters are just amazing !! The ending absolutely almost destroyed me. This reminded me a bit of The black dagge
Melony Wise Meyer
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing new vampire series to really sink your teeth into. Hooked me right in from the beginning with characters that make you feel a rollercoaster of emotions. Extremely well written and cannot wait to continue on with Wicked and Gwen’s story.
Lauren Peters
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book over all. The story and the characters were great and it kept me interested all the way through. The only thing I did not like about it was the ending. I feel like it really just overly left you hanging. I know authors like to leave cliff hangers, but in my honest opinion this wasn’t even that. It just abruptly ended. I will continue to read the series but hopefully the next book will end better/ more evolved.
Tracey WHITE
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Simply put, I was surprised by this book. The characters are gripping and the story line is quite interesting. The love scenes are very appealing and quite well written, while the action scenes are equally as well written. All round easy read, with a story line that keeps you engaged until the end, waiting with anticipation for the second book in the series.
Jeannine
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly written! What a story...I couldn't put it down! Complex characters all dealing with their own inner demons. A great love adventure..sexy and intriguing.
Vampires, Lycans, and Wraiths...oh my!
Please hurry with the second book!
Tiffany Copple
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars for Wicked Night by Evi Rhodes. This is book 1 in A Warrior's Promise Series. This Is a dark romance. I would recommend it to anyone who loves a strong women who falls for a dominate man. It was a great read.
Elaine Elliott
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It has so much depth and the main characters (Gwen and Wicked) really came alive for me. LOVED IT, can’t wait to read more and would highly recommend to my friends.
Jasmin Moore
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it right from the beginning! The passion felt between the characters had me not wanting to put the book down. A definite must read! Looking forward to reading book 2
Melina Lobo
Sep 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Warning: R Rated, mentions rape..
🦄🦄🦄
I had only known disappointment and pain when it came to letting people get close to me . . .
🦄🦄🦄
Angel Hatfield
It had been a few years since Gwen had indulged in the simple pleasure of solitude, she was enjoying the beautiful evening. Since Gwen was a girl she loved the nights better than days. Gwen had seen a lot in her short life and the part of her that believed the world was a sparkly, wonderful place died long ago. Her parents had an arranged marriage. They were rich and politically well bred. Gwen had not had contact with her parents for two years. Strange things seemed to be happening to Gwen that ...more
Carrie
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This book is the start of what is clearly going to be a much larger series. The world that gets created here is unique and compelling, filled with vampires, demons, and other mythical creatures.

Gwen is the central character in this universe. She's had a bit of a shock when her emotionally distant parents inform her that she's actually the product of her mother's affair with the leader of the vampires. As a half-breed, she will soon go through a change, either killing her or making her into a vam
Rachele
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
Thanks to NetGalley for providing this eArc in exchange for an honest review!

As one of my first requests on NetGalley, I really, really wanted to love this. But unfortunately, it was not my favorite read. Something that bothered me when I was reading this was abrupt changes in POV and voice throughout the entirety of the book – often in the middle of action or a passage with little warning. This was very confusing as I was beginning the book, and I grew used to it by the end, but overall not a
Ashbonn
Gwen has just recently found out there is an entire world she was unaware of, one she is literally transitioning into. Gwen's mother discloses her biological father is a full vampire. Shocked, she soon discovers she also has to leave everything behind and will be assigned a caretaker to assist her with the changes she will soon be experiencing. Gwen feels inadequate and she has to learn the rules of the new world she has been thrown into.

Wicked, is the King of Vampires and he gets stuck with Gwe
Up All Night With Books
3 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Wicked Night by Evi Rhodes is the first book in the Warrior's Promise series. At first, it was very hard to get into.  I can't tell you exactly why, but it didn’t keep my attention.  I understand that it is the first in series and that we get more of the story as a result but, it took me some time to get this one going.

After taking a break I went back to reading it and I found that I was wrong,  it could have just been my mood
Deepika Kumari
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gwen is the main highlight of the story. She belongs to a rich but dysfunctional family. Her relationship with her mother Victoria was mostly bitter and one day she bursted and disowned her. Gwen's father made the arrangements so Wicked, 148 years old vampire can pick Gwen to take her to the school where she can learn about the vampire things while she goes through the Change. Her encounter with Wicked made him feel like he had never felt before. He was immediately attracted to Glen and her emer ...more
Monika Singla
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
🔷 BOOK: Wicked Night
🔷 AUTHOR: Evi Rhodes

Review:
Wicked Night is the kinda book that I enjoy a lot. I am really into vampire and werewolf stories. Plot of this book revolves around a paranormal vampire romance between Gwen (a vampire who is going through the Change) and Wicked (a male vampire and next in line to become the Vampire King). Gwen and Wicked's undeniable attraction and the heat they felt for each other made the story gripping for me.

Review:-

• Dawn of The Dragon
  • Inferno of Silence
  • The Franklin Boys' Story: Blue and White
  • Jayson the Witch: The Witch, The Prince & Rowan No End

A Warrior's Promise (2 books)
  • Unusual Night (A Warrior's Promise #2)

News & Interviews