Start by marking “Run to the Sea (Reigning Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Run to the Sea (Reigning Hearts, #1)

Run to the Sea

(Reigning Hearts #1)

He’s a broken man searching through the past for answers.
She’s his childhood best friend he had no idea he was in love with.

Thomas Capshaw never thought he’d put his dreams of being a sketch artist on the back burner and end up working in New York City far from home. The very last thing he expects is the inheritance of his famous grandfather’s beach cottage on the sandy sh
Published March 28th 2019 by Kelly Genelle Fletcher

To ask other readers questions about Run to the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Run to the Sea

Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
description

Run to the Sea by K.G.Fletcher
GENRE: Second Chance Romance
NARRATION: Narrative
BOOK DETAILS: Standalone

MY REVIEW
This is my first K.G. Fletcher book and in saying that it definitely will not be my last. This is a heartwarming and emotional second chance romance story. It follows a chance meeting between two old friends that turns into something so much more.

A well written story with a simply addictive storyline, K.G Fletchers characters are related and lovable, sweet and sexy. I loved th
Love2ReadRomance
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am totally hooked on this new series! I love Thomas, Emeline, this great little beach town and the supporting characters! Can’t wait to read more about them in KG Fletcher’s next book.
Pat
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The beautifully written storyline and the wonderful characters kept me totally captivated as I turned each and every page of this must read book!
Kylee
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This first book in The Reigning Hearts series is emotional, heartfelt and one of discoveries. Run To The Sea is a feeling we have all had at sometime in our life, this story puts words on the page that give insight and voice to those emotions. Thomas and Emeline are two people who have lost sight of their hopes and dreams, drowning in regrets and guilt. A chance meeting between these childhood friends takes them on a trip down memory lane. A beautiful story that will show you that sometimes we n ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It is a second chance romance story that took me on an emotional ride that I didn’t put down until the last page. Thomas and Emeline grew up together and were best friends. Will their relationship grow into something more than friendship? I loved these characters, they are engaging, lovable and made me feel as if I was right there in the story with them. They both need to find something to believe in and fate may just have something in mind. Their story is a must read!
Karyn Taylor
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Run To The Sea is the first book in K.G. Fletcher’s Reigning Hearts series. Having discovered K.G. Fletcher last year with the fantastic Southern Promises series, she has rapidly risen up my favourite author’s list so I was so excited that she was releasing a new novel. This book did not disappoint in the slightest. I LOVED it.
Run To The Sea is a beautiful second chance romance that will take you on a roller coaster of emotions. The 2 main characters Emeline (Emmy) and Thomas (Cappy) are wonder
CL Westbrook
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous book that you will love to read. An amazing book. I just couldn't put it down. A must read xx
Khurshid
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Run to the Sea by K.G.Fletcher was one book that I didn't want it to end. This was the first book I read of this author and I am looking forward to reading the series.
This was a beautifully written story about two childhood friends, and keeps you in its grip from the very beginning. Her writing style, likable characters, and dream like small town beach resort setting, heightened the intensity of her storytelling skills.
The characters jumped out to embrace you. Emily Fisher and Thomas Capshaw, E
Olivia Boothe
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of this author ever since I read Love Song and with every new release she out-does herself. And she has done it again.

Run To The Sea is everything you want out of a classic romance. While this a friends to lovers story, it doesn't feel like a trope. There is a genuineness to KG's writing that makes the story feel real, that makes the characters come to life. You can relate to her characters because they don't feel like over the top, larger than life people you'd only meet in fic
Laura Furuta
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Run to the Sea (Reigning Hearts Book 1)
By: K.G. Fletcher
5 out of 5 stars

The story Run to the Sea (Reigning Hearts Book 1) by K.G. Fletcher is a contemporary romance book. It is a story that I absolutely loved reading. It is romantic and had my emotions going up and down. It has a wonderful storyline that pulls you in from the very beginning and doesn’t let go until the final page. I loved reading about the characters of Thomas Capshaw and Emeline Fischer. Thomas is a man that is feeling guilt an
Debi
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Run to the Sea (Reigning Hearts Book 1) by K.G. Fletcher

5 Stars

Emeline and Cappy's story..OH MY!

I fell in love with this author reading her Southern Promises Series, and by the way if you haven't read that then go grab them, they are beyond awesome. I was so excited when I saw she had a new series out and I was not at all disappointed..Not sure if I can put in words what it is about this authors writing that draws me in and doesn't let go literally till the end...I loved these people and the sto
Gina
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everything a romance should be

Brilliant imagery and heart wrenching feels make Run to the Sea an emotional watercolor of a love story. I instantly felt a connection with the characters Em and Cappy and I was transported with the sights, sounds and even smells of that small Florida beach. Beautifully written, expertly crafted and so, so romantic. Gah! The things Cappy does for Em are off the charts on the book boyfriend scale. Don't we all wish for a sensitive, artistic guy like Cappy?
The back s
Melissa Davis
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romance Readers: Here's one to move to the top of your list!
A Dreamy, Magical, Second Chance Romance!
Each and every new book by KG Fletcher just rises higher and higher - cream always rises to the top! Fletcher has outdone herself with a truly romantic, heartwarming, dreamy, magical love story about a guy and a girl who grew up best friends who reconnect as adults and find true love for and in each other. You'll feel like you know Cappy and Emmy and you'll feel like your in the seaside city rig
C A
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Author KG Fletcher reaches a new level with her latest release RUN TO THE SEA. Her writing style, characters, and settings, bring heightened intensity to her storytelling. This already gifted writer’s lead characters, Thomas and Emeline, are a new departure for Fletcher in that we get to explore a little bit more of their internal emotional life. Not to worry, their passion is fully fleshed out and on display in this engrossing novel. Fletcher’s ability to capture natural dialogue and familiar c ...more
Heather
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Run to the Sea (Reigning Hearts Book 1) by KG Fletcher is a contemporary romance featuring childhood friends that have been reacquainted. Years may have passed, but something remains lurking below the surface. The ultimate question is will fate lay their cards is the right order or will they be challenged to bring all the pieces together? Thomas and Emeline both are strong characters individually, but living different paths which become apparent in how they interact and the choices they make. KG ...more
Anastasia
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful story by this awesome author!!
This is a second chance romance story that kept me interested from the very first page. I don’t want to put it down! Thomas and Emeline are the main characters and I adored them. They grew up as best friends but as they go older feelings started to change. Can they make things work as a couple or are they destined to be just friends??
I loved this book and I am looking forward to reading more by this author!!
I would recommend this book to a friend!
Millennial Book Life Crisis - Samantha
This was my first K.G. Fletcher story and overall it was a good storyline. Thomas and Emeline were childhood best friends who got each other through the difficult aspect of their childhood, especially Emeline. When Thomas ends up back in town after his grandfather’s passing and runs into Emeline, it’s like time never passed for the two best friends, except it turns into something more as their hidden feelings come to the surface. When Thomas finds pictures of the two of them as children and they ...more
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the sweetest story of Emeline and Cappy’s journey that brings them together...I really couldn’t put it down. KG Fletcher always does such a great job of developing her main characters plus the supporting cast - and looks like we will get to know a few of them better in future books which makes me so happy!

The story and setting makes Run to the Sea the perfect beach read! Another winner from KG Fletcher.
Meghan
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, review-copy
KG Fletcher is a new author to me, who kindly gave me a free review copy. I loved her newest book, Run To The Sea, which is on sale March 28th!!

Thomas and Emeline grew up together, and then grew apart. Thomas went off to college, and didn't stay in contact with Em. After his grandfather passes, he comes home and has a brief run in with Emeline. Soon they start to catch up, and realize what they have been missing.

I love second chance romances, especially when it deals with childhood friends. Flet
KSWEAR79
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
They were childhood best friends, he left for college and made a life in the big city. His grandfather a famous photographer passed bringing him back to his home town. After a brief run-in with Em, he knew he had to see her again. While cleaning out a box, Thomas found memories along with stolen captured moments by his grandfather and the heirloom from his grandma he had been asking for, but grandpa didn’t give.
Karen Sedgman
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That blurb had me hooked! Love a second chance romance set in a small beach side town! Thomas & Emeline where B/F's as children then finding their way back to each other years later! I loved everything about this story, K.G. Fletcher wrote a perfect blend of sweet and sexy in this read! This one is worth the read! Yes happy we are getting Ginger's story!
Mom's Guilty Pleasure
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and heart tugging small town romance. Old friends who have taken very different routes in life. They reunite over an unexpected situation. Their paths have been so different...are they the same people? Do they have the same dreams? After so many years do they still have the same things in common?
Abby
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
I was excited to start a new world from KG Fletcher! This book was a sweet, second-chance story. Thomas returns to his grandfather's town after the loss of his grandfather. He didn't leave things well with his grandfather and he's dealing with guilt. He comes back to Florida, with his tail between his legs and wishing things could be different. One thing he wasn't expecting was his old friend. I enjoyed the story and the sweetness of these old friends rediscovering their friendship and finding a ...more
Brutally  Book Reviews
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let's start with the good.
The story is great it's rarely boring .Best friend's growing up who lost touch through no real fault of either of them. Their lives just took them in very different directions the main characters Emeline and Thomas are likeable and you want a happy ever after for them. The supporting cast are great if love to know more about Ginger Emeline best friend.

The bad
Every story needs a good bad guy and unfortunately this story didn't have one. Fiona is the same spoilt rich gi
Lisa Hill
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this second chance romance. It was full of sweet longing, a little heartbreak, and a beautiful happy ever after. Emmy and Cappy are the sweetest couple, childhood best friends and now lovers after years apart. They truly bring out the best in each other. A great read.
Kinkybookreader9
the book was a masterpiece from the moment I started reading it captivated me.
Thomas was so tortured because of his grandpa's death and he was feeling so guilty.
emily was so surprised to see her childhood best friend after a long time.
their relationship started at a slow pace and loved how the author did it. I loved how Thomas was so nice and i felt his pain, the guilt and every feeling possible.
J.S. Andersson
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took me a little to get into this story. But once I did I was hooked... Run To The Sea is an awesome story about a couple of childhood friends that r meant to be... true love conquers all.
Maura
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything a romance of this type should be. The story has old friends, good friends, mutual interests, angst, exploration, drama and some sexy times.

Well written with great character development, this story moves quickly, holds a lot of nostalgia, kept me engaged from beginning to end and had me feeling emotions I did not want to feel.

I recommend this book and this author. Five stars
Julie Sherman
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet read

This is a total sweet read. I enjoyed the characters and the story line. Its well written and played out. I hope this story line continues if possible.
Angela
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Run to the Sea is the first book in the Reigning Hearts Series by K.G Fletcher. I love Ms. Fletcher’s books, so I was really happy to get my hands on this one.
We meet Thomas and Emeline who were childhood best friends- supporting each other through some difficult moments in their childhood. They talked about the future, sharing their hopes and dreams- but all that gets put aside when Thomas ends up working in New York City. He’s back in town after his grandfather’s death, which has result
Dubbed, “The Singing Author,” KG Fletcher lives in Atlanta, GA with her husband Ladd and three sons. She is an active member of RWA and Georgia Romance Writers. She was a singer/songwriter in Nashville, TN and a recipient of the “Airplay International Award” for “Best New Artist” showcasing original songs at The Bluebird Café. She earned her BFA in theater at Valdosta State College and has travele ...more

Reigning Hearts (3 books)
  • Stars Fall From the Sky (Reigning Hearts #2)
  • A Sun So Bright (Reigning Hearts, #3)