Start by marking “The Last Thing She Said” as Want to Read:
The Last Thing She Said

The Last Thing She Said

"Beware of a man named Frederick and his offer of marriage."

Rose’s granddaughters, Rebecca, Leia and Naomi, have never taken her prophecies seriously. But now that Rose is dead, and Naomi has a new man in her life, should they take heed of this mysterious warning?
Naomi needs to master the art of performing. Rebecca rarely ventures out of her house. She's afraid of what she
Published December 13th 2018 by Spare Time Press

To ask other readers questions about The Last Thing She Said, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Thing She Said

Start your review of The Last Thing She Said
Dash fan
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4☆ A Compelling Mystery with a Magical Realism Twist!

The Last Thing She Said is a charming story about Family, Mystery and Premonitions.

We meet Twins Rebecca and Leia and their sister Naomi.
We follow each of the Sisters lives, their ups and downs, but most importantly how their Grandmother's predictions effects each of them.
As they try to work out just exactly what her warning means or are they just another one of her crazy ideas

The sisters are very different, as you would expect.
But what shine
Olga Miret
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am writing this review as a member of Rosie’s Book Review Team (authors, if you’re looking for reviews, I recommend you check her amazing site here), and I thank her and the publisher for providing me an ARC copy of this book that I freely chose to review.
I recently read and reviewed Rachel Walkley’s first novel The Women of Heachley Hall and enjoyed it so much that I had to check her second novel as soon as it became available. And I thoroughly enjoyed it as well.
This is the story of three si
Elaine
Chocolate, chalk and cheese - that's how the three sisters regard themselves. However, they are all gifted in their own way and this story shows how they are also alike, sharing how their relationship and closeness develops after their grandmother, Rose, issues a warning to Naomi: "Beware of a man named Frederick and his offer of marriage."

This is a story exploring the lives, dreams, attitudes and relationships of the three sisters as well as something of a mystery story with a psychic element,
Teresa Kander
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This is a family story, told from various points of view, including some chapters which are flashbacks/memories. The main focus is on the psychological makeup of each of the sisters. We first get to know each one from the point of view of her sisters, and later we get their own perspectives on themselves, which tends to be very different.

I was very taken with all of the sisters, as well as their grandmother Rose. The touch of supernatural is presented just right--it's not overly represented, but
Renee
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An interesting read. I enjoyed this story a lot. The storyline is unique and creative. I was completely immersed in the lives of Naomi, Rose and Leia. The touch of supernatural really add to the story. A fabulously well-written story.
Christie72
The Last Thing She Said was a great blend of family, mystery, and supernatural elements. It is the story of three very different sisters who will be brought back together because of their grandmother’s premonition from years ago.

The book is told through each of the sisters POVS throughout different periods of time. Each sister is very different from the other. They were compared to chalk, cheese, and chocolate. Rebecca is the mother figure who took care of her sisters after their parents decided
Rebecca L.
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Last Thing She Said by Rachel Walkley is a fast paced and enjoyable book. Walkley's plot is creative and well developed.  As soon as I read her summary, I was hooked. I had to know what the story was about and how it would unfold. I'm a huge fan of fantasy and I enjoyed the fact that Walkley mixes just a dash of the fantastical with our modern world.

All of the characters in The Last Thing She Said are unique and well developed. I'm terrible with names and at first I was afraid that I would
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
This story is delivered at a slow, indulgent pace and really allows you to get to know each sister, each one hiding their own pain and burdens from the others.

As Rebecca sets out to unravel the mystery of Rose’s predictions and a gift of her own, Naomi looks for romance and Leia struggles to find peace in the world of academia.

The main story is charming and has just the right sprinkle of mystery and tension to engage the reader further into the lives of the sisters. The spiritual aspect is such
Jessica Belmont
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Last Thing She Said was a fantastic blend of mystery, family drama, and a bit of paranormal. This was a unique story, and I enjoyed it very much.

I enjoyed that the book is told from each sister's POV throughout different periods of time. Rachel Walkley crafter three unique sisters, who compare themselves with chalk, cheese, and chocolate. I really loved how each sister was a unique individual and I knew whom I was reading every time.

This novel was fantastic. The end blew me away and I really
Caroline Venables
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the book. The characters are well thought out and developed. Although told in different time periods, the book isn’t confusing, and the story flows really well.

The story follows three sisters Rebecca, Leia and Naomi. The family have always disregarded their Nan’s prophecies as a quirk, but after she dies Rebecca realises that her predictions have always come true after a significant time has passed. Rebecca knows she has the same gift, and is worried as Rose’s last prediction st
Ms Patricia E Sim
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Intriguing

A book written with an insight into human nature. Good characterisation and some mysterious subp!ots. I found it hard to put down until I'd finished it. Definitely recommended reading. The story drags you in and captures you with its web of intrigue.

Kerri Owens
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
An easy read, I enjoyed the development of the characters and the authors ability to weave various lives together.
Sharon
This isn’t my normal type of read, but I was given the opportunity to review it. I read the blurb and it sounded an interesting read and something which I would enjoy. It is the story of a family dealing with the death of their grandmother, Rose. Rose had a psychic gift and used this to give predictions and advice in people’s lives, despite being seen as slightly eccentric as opposed to psychic by some. The gift has also been passed down to her granddaughters, Rebecca, Leia and Naomi, and whilst ...more
Barbara D. Mason
May 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
There’s not much story here. Three very different sisters, who are not close, sort of come together in the end. Parents who leave their daughters for another continent? Really?
I didn’t like any of the characters.
Just not very satisfying.
Maria Sinclair
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Last Thing She Said is a sweet story of three very different sisters, each with their own secrets, struggling to come to terms with the death of their grandmother, and find a way to rebuild their relationships with each other. Each of the sisters, although very different, I found equally relatable for different reasons, and I found that I quickly became very invested in each of their stories.

Alongside the main storyline, we get a glimpse into some of Rose’s earlier prophecies, and I really e
Brenda

• Secrets of the Mist
  • Starting Over at Acorn Cottage: a heartwarming and uplifting romance
  • The Forgotten Secret
  • The Secret by the Lake
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • New Beginnings at Wynter House (Wyntersleap #2)
  • The Hidden Door: A gripping and moving timeslip romance
  • A Wedding at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 3)
  • Sisters of Willow House (Sandy Cove, #2)
  • Reputations: A Madeleine Porter mystery
  • The Forgotten Village
  • The Missing Sister
  • The Ghost and Katie Coyle: a time travel romance
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Four: Starry Skies
Born in the Midlands, I grew up in East Anglia and am now firmly lodged in the North West of England. My first writing achievement was my Brownie badge and after that I've never let go of the dream of becoming of an author. Once a librarian and caretaker of books, I'm now a teller of tales and want to share with you the secrets that hide in the pages of my books.