Start by marking “Finding Mrs. Ford” as Want to Read:
Finding Mrs. Ford

Finding Mrs. Ford

On a sunny summer morning by the sea in New England, Susan Ford’s cocoon of privilege is threatened when an Iraqi man from her distant past boards a plane in Baghdad to come find her.

Published June 25th 2019 by Post Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Finding Mrs. Ford, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Mrs. Ford

Start your review of Finding Mrs. Ford
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finding Mrs. Ford is an intriguing storyline from the start. Susan Ford lives an easy life in her upscale cottage. Appearances are good. One day her perfect bubble is no longer when the police arrive at her door questioning how she knows Sammy Fakhouri, a mystery man from Mosul, Iraq, where ISIS has recently taken control.

The book then flashes back to summer in the 1970s when Susan meets Annie while in college. Annie is wild and carefree, quite different from Susan’s containment. The two work an
Michelle
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
There were two things that attracted me to this book, firstly Baghdad was mentioned and I'm a sucker for all book's Middle East and secondly, the author was in Beverley Hills 91210 and we all loved a bit of that back in the day.

Sadly Baghdad is barely featured, its only really there as a reference as all of the actual story line is based in the USA.

I admit that the first few chapters I was regretting my choice, then all of a sudden I was there, involved, right in the center not knowing where to
Jennifer Blankfein
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Twists and turns kept me glued to the pages of Finding Mrs. Ford, this fun and mysterious debut from Deborah Goodrich Royce, the actress who played Silver Kane, sister to Erica Kane in All My Children.

Summertime, late 1970s, Detroit…Susan and Annie meet at their mundane jobs at a clothing store and become fast friends. The girls are saving up for college and Annie, the spitfire, decides they both will quit and go to work at a disco to make more money, so Susan goes along with it. Dangerous and p
Berit☀️✨
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thrilling and suspenseful. Deborah Goodrich Royce (Who was an actress in one of my all-time favorite soaps, All My Children) has delivered a compulsive and addictive fast paced thriller. Mrs. Susan Ford is living a perfect privileged life in New England until one day the FBI comes a knocking on her door. Looks as though her past has caught up with her. In the late 1970s Susan lived a much wilder life working in a disco alongside her Bestie Annie. What happened all those years ago and how does i ...more
Karen.J.
Jun 05, 2021 rated it liked it
“Finding Mrs Ford” by Deborah Goodrich Royce
🌟🌟🌟

I listened to the audiobook and unfortunately I just couldn’t get into it. I’m not sure if it was the audiobook or perhaps my mindset. Being that it has been highly rated I plan to revisit “Finding Mrs Ford” but read the book next time.
Travel.with.a.book
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
First I want to thank the author for the review copy.
This review does not contain spoilers.
I enjoyed the book so much and reading the synopsis I was more interested to read it so I got a copy from the author and the book did not disappoint me at all.
The books like "Finding Mrs. Ford" are the kind of books that will leave you in suspense from the beginning of the story and until you read the last page you will have shivers all over your body.
I don't like to write reviews with spoilers containing
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Who is a fan of All My Children? Erica Kanes sister Sliver Kane has written a book. You say on no an actress writing a book, I don't know about that. Well let me tell you the vocabulary in this book is unbelievable. It is so beautifully written. You are going to expand you vocabulary reading this one. I loved the drama and the suspense from the very beginning. This is a very well written thriller. I loved the plot. I can't wait for Royce's next book she is going to fly to the top of my list fast ...more
Bea Villaflor
I was interested in the few chapters but lost interest along the way.
It became predictable to me.
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Why would the FBI want to talk to her?

Susan is pretty sure she knows why and didn't want to think about.

We meet Susan Ford whose life was changed when she quit her job in a dress shop to work in a night club, Frankie’s Disco, and met Sammy Fakhouri.

Now it is coming back to haunt her, and she has questions of her own.

Does she know the answers, though? She might need to make sure she does because others have questions as well.

Susan spent the summer of 1979 always worried about working at Frankie’s
Eloise Robbertze
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Finding Mrs. Ford by Deborah Goodrich Royce is a thriller, alternating between 1970’s Detroit (think sex, drugs and gangsterism) and present-day Rhode Island (the subdued, wealthy, upper-class hidden away from the rest of us).

The premise of the book is interesting, and I was looking forward to the fast-paced writing filling the pages with twists and turns. I was disappointed. It is an easy, quick to read novel, but it fell short of what I expected from Ms. Royce. I saw the major twist coming. Ev
Peggy
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great debut novel from Deborah Royce! A fast read with likable characters & some twists along the way.
Suspense Magazine
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is 2014, and we are in New England by the seashore…. It is here that Susan Ford is enjoying a bright, sunny day; however, she has no idea that a man from her past is, at the same moment, boarding a plane in Baghdad in order to throw a wrench into her privileged life.
Of course, Mrs. Ford’s life was not always one of privilege. Although the mask she portrays while living in her lovely cottage in Watch Hill, RI is superbly set in place, she has secrets in her past.
Knocking on her pristine door a
Michelle
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finding Mrs. Ford by Deborah Goodrich Royce was an entertaining, fairly light read, which was much needed right now! Royce was an actress on All My Children (she was Erica Kane’s sister, Silver) and also a screenplay editor and writer. This is her debut novel and she did a good job!!

The blurb - What is everything you’ve worked so hard to overcome and forget about your past - including the person you used to be, 35 years and another lifetime ago - abruptly came crashing back?

The story‘s timeline
Christina Claypool
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's always an honor to get to read an ARC of a soon-to-be published book. This novel was even more intriguing, since it was written as a debut novel by a (former) actress. This detail lends to the mystique and glamour somehow.
Hopefully, since I am a journalist by profession, my vocabulary is pretty good, but I still had to google some words and look up specific references occasionally that I wasn't familiar with which appeared in the book. For me, this is a positive detail as it causes the rea
Julie
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this debut. I saw the author speak at a conference and sometimes when authors promote their books,you are never sure what it’s really going to be. This had lots of unexpected twists and turns. The chapters were short and I found myself saying “Just one more...”.
Tea Leaves and Reads
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

We meet Mrs Ford in her carefully curated life - Blenheim Spaniels, Watch Hill Cottage in Rhode Island, close community, not a hair out of place... Mrs Ford has everything under control. Until the FBI arrive at her front door...

The book focuses on the current time (2014) with flashes back to the Summer of 1979, on t
Hilary A.
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a GOOD read from cover to cover, with vivid visual imagery that totally transports the reader from the serenity of an elite seaside town on the picturesque East Coast to a late 70's era Detroit suburban disco, where the characters you meet entice you to go on a compelling and unexpected journey! Deborah Goodrich Royce is a clever writer with a keen sense of how to captivate, with cryptic clues, knowable characters and engaging dialogue. Anybody who ever explored the club scene of th ...more
Jeanne Blasberg
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to be an early reader of this fantastic page turner. Entertaining, suspenseful and vibrant settings. You won't be able to put it down! ...more
Mary
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely a great read!
Twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
I always sneak a read at the end and this one I did not, and so glad
I didn't. Set in the spots I grew up in and the same era, I found it
very well researched and written about. It will leave you wanting
and needing more!
Kayo
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definite favorite. The book really kept your interest, and was great all the way through. Highly recommend this book.

Thanks to author, publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this book. While I got the book for free, it had no bearing on the rating I gave it.
BookTrib.com
Deborah Goodrich Royce’s debut novel Finding Mrs. Ford (Post Hill Press) stars two young women who routinely make astonishingly bad choices while the reader cringes, hoping for the best despite the odds.

Susan is the sensible one of the two, but she is beguiled by the beautiful, willful, capricious, and uninhibited Annie who talks her friend into one sketchy situation after another. Susan even goes on one fool’s errand in the middle of the night dressed in her nightgown (Put on some pants, girl.)
Linda Zagon
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lindas Book Obsession Reviews "Finding Mrs. Ford" by Deborah Goodrich Royce, Post Hill Press, June 25, 2019, part of Suzy Approved Book Tours

Deborah Goodrich Royce, author of "Finding Mrs. Ford" has written an intriguing, suspenseful, captivating, and riveting novel. The Genres for this book are Thriller, Mystery, Suspense, and Literary Fiction. The timeline for this story is set in 2014 and goes to the past when it pertains to the characters or events. The story takes place in Watch Hill, Rhode
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
I remember growing up and watching soap operas with my mom or my grandma. One of the favorites was All My Children. I remember watching almost every episode that came on and I definitely remember the legendary Silver Kane! So, I was beyond thrilled to learn that she wrote a book and even more thrilled to know I got to review it! Let me tell you what. This book was amazing! Deborah Royce’s talent shines through with this thrilling novel and really kept me captive through out.

Her characters are wo
MM COOPER
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's always daunting when a friend asks you to read their book, but marvelous when the book turns out to be a page-turner from cover to cover. The author draws you in to a suspenseful yarn, threading between past and present, with constant mystery and foreboding. Her style reminds me very much of Patricia Highsmith, where nothing is ever what is seems. A very fun and worthwhile read. Congratulations to Deborah Royce, a born writer. ...more
Jen Mellen
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great, fast paced story with some unexpected twists, interesting characters and memorable scenes!
Laurel-Rain
Mrs. Ford leads a privileged life. From her Blenheim spaniels to her cottage on the coast of Watch Hill, Rhode Island, she carefully curates her world. Hair in place, house in place, life in place, Susan Ford keeps it under control.

Early one morning in the summer of 2014, the past pays a call to collect. The FBI arrives to question her about a man from Iraq—a Chaldean Christian from Mosul—where ISIS has just seized control. Sammy Fakhouri, they say, is his name and they have taken him into custo
David Morgan
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
In this page turning debut we find Susan Ford living a privileged life on the coast of Rhode Island. It's 2014 and recently widowed Susan runs the family business with her best friend and stepson Jack Jr. Her easy going life soon changes though when the FBI show up inquiring about a man from Mosul named Sammy who was on his way to her house when he was picked up.
The story is told from the duel timelines of 2014 and the summer of 1979 when college student Susan Bentley meets Annie at her summer j
Nursebookie
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this fantastic debut novel by the one and only Deborah Goodrich Royce! This suspenseful thrilling read is about identity, friendships, and a clever twisty plot. Told in dual timelines, the story opens with FBI questioning Mrs Ford about Sammy Fakhouri an Iraqi Chaldean she had known and had last seen some 35 years ago in Detroit. Now, 2014, Susan is living an idyllic life in Watch Hill, Rhode Island, where this disruption was the last thing Susan needed.

In 1979, Susan meets the mysterio
Melissa
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5

Wow! I loved this twisty page turner they genuinely surprised me. In this day of predictable thrillers, it’s rare to find a book that is not at all what you think. But the story of Susan, told in dual timelines, 35 years and many states apart, did not disappoint.

I loved the suspense and the beautiful writing. I could have easily finished this in one sitting because I just didn’t want to put it down.

After this amazing debut, I’m ready to read whatever Deborah Goodrich Royce writes next! I reco
Julia
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m so glad I was able to be part of this tour with Suzy Approved Book Tours! The paperback of Finding Mrs. Ford releases THIS TUESDAY, and if you’re like me, you’re looking for a way to escape in reading and thrillers are really doing that for me lately.

Finding Mrs. Ford jumps between 2 timelines - 1979 Detroit & 2014 Rhode Island. I was grabbed from the very beginning when 2 FBI agents showed up at Susan’s doorstep in 2014 asking about an old missing persons alert. The two timelines really ke
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Bullet
  • Hold Still
  • The Innocent Ones
  • China In Another Time: A Personal Story
  • Last Girl Gone (Laura Chambers Mystery, #1)
  • The Sassy Belles (Sassy Belles, #1)
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • Henry's Sisters
  • The Other Side of Everything
See top shelves…
RUBY FALLS Named one of 30 books for May 2021 by Zibby Owens for GMA, 20 most riveting books of Spring 2021 by Veranda Magazine, & Best Books for Mother's Day by Zibby Owens for the Washington Post!

FINDING MRS. FORD - named one of Forbes's Top 5, Good Morning America's Top 10, & Book Riot's Top 50 Summer Books of 2019!

Deborah Goodrich Royce graduated Summa Cum Laude from Lake Erie College in 1980