Start by marking “Magic Mutant Nightmare Girl (Magic Mutants, #1)” as Want to Read:
Magic Mutant Nightmare Girl (Magic Mutants, #1)

Magic Mutant Nightmare Girl

(Magic Mutants #1)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Fight like a magical girl in this paperback original contemporary fantasy in which a Harajuku fashionista battles mutants—and social anxiety—by teaming up with an elite group of outcasts. Perfect for those obsessed with the technicolor worlds of Sailor Moon, The Umbrella Academy, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Holly Roads uses Harajuku fashion to distract herself from t
Paperback
Expected publication: March 10th 2021 by Midnight Tide Publishing

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Magic Mutant Nightmare Girl (Magic Mutants, #1)
Erin Grammar
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
AUTHOR'S NOTE + CONTENT WARNINGS

This author's note is particularly close to my heart, because I wrote MMNG despite the incredible odds. I wanted to create a book for misfits, for angry girls in pastel dresses dragging their way through the world with claws and teeth. A book about magic and science and having too many feelings with nowhere to put them. It's my love letter to my #Ownvoices struggle with social anxiety, magical girls, Sam Raimi-style camp and horror, and everyone who's ever felt li
LucyMason217
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, young-adult
I devoured this book in a couple of days and the characters have been in my heart ever since. This is the magical girl story I’ve always wanted, and one of the best things I’ve read in a long time.
If you like sass and banter, found family, and a searingly honest look at grief and coping. Laugh out loud funny, squee-inducingly shippable, and everything I want in a book. I can’t wait to read it again.
Ashley Shuttleworth
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had so much fun reading this Alice-in-Wonderland meets Marvel story. I loved the deeper side that examined themes of family, grief, and toxic masculinity, and the lighter side that showed us so much gorgeous fashion and heart-stopping action, and the way cool mutants roaming the streets of San Francisco. This was honestly very good, and I cannot wait to read more!
Lina~Blackbird Queen
Jul 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
This sounds absolutely fantastic! It checks literally all my boxes (Japanese inspiration, lots of diversity, superheroes...), and just...is it 2020 yet?
Lyndall Clipstone
added it
May 29, 2019
lindsey
May 29, 2019

• A Dark and Hollow Star (A Dark and Hollow Star, #1)
  • The Luminous Dead
Erin Grammar writes about horrible things happening to good people—while looking as cute as humanly possible. When she isn’t working on her latest novel, she likes to hunt for gemstones and Hello Kitty collectibles, spend time with her family (including two real and very demanding cats), craft, watch horror movies, and style wigs big enough to hold tons of secrets.

She lives in Southern California