Start by marking “The Right Man” as Want to Read:
The Right Man

The Right Man

A pretty woman and a handsome rock star.

A modern retelling of Cinderella by New York Times bestselling author Michelle Mankin.

A once upon a time with a hooker who used to be a good girl and a bad boy lead singer living a lie.

Two lost and lonely souls and a chance encounter on a dark street corner in LA.

Is it happenstance, fate or a fairy tale?

Can a hookup for cash become a
Published February 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Right Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Right Man

Lisa Anthony
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full Review to follow on release day
Text ROCK BOOK to 345345
This is for Author Michelle Mankin cover reveal and release text alerts only.
I adore a modern day Cinderella story! The story synopsis and beautiful cover grabbed my attention. The Cinderella in this story is a girl named Jewel and her Prince Charming  is named Rush.
The story had me from the moment she got in his car! I believe that it is destiny that got them together that night. Both characters have secrets, creativity and big hearts
Snow
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, romance, rockers, light
3.75 "just like the Pretty Woman" stars

Awwww

I usually don't go for sweet and yet when I stumble upon such a treat I then, take it in stride, as it is.

So, this modern "fairy-tale-ish" story of a rockstar in pursuit of a sense and meaning and self-questioning quest chance encounters a young woman "working a corner" and somehow this instant spark changes the odds for both of them.

What are the odds - she's a struggling prostitute with a heart of gold and moral principles and he's a rich rocker who f
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Every guy had been wrong before him. All of them. Did he get it? Did he guess the truths that I couldn't speak? I'd been lost before he found me on that street corner."

I'm a big fan of the works of Michelle Mankin, she fulfills my rock star fantasies with her wondrous words. I've read many of her books, but I think this one is my fave. Well, no promises that I won't say that again when I read the next one. 😉

I am addicted to reading stories with broken characters and I definitely got my fix wi
Kahea

***5 ‘Wishes Are The Seeds of Desire in Our Heart’ Stars***

And we have another fairytale inspired romance done right, add in a good dose of rockstar smexy and you have a book I couldn’t put down and gave me all the feels right up until the very last words.

I adored Rush and Jewel. Both were a little bruised and battered by what life had thrown at them and the choices they had made, but they survived - with their hearts mostly intact - and found ways to keep going.

As for their journey to their
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free copy of The Right Man. This has in no way influenced my review which is honest and unbiased.*

The Right Man is a modern day fairytale! And I fell so hard for Rush and Jewel. I just loved how they clicked from the beginning - even with the odds unevenly stacked against them. And their story also showed us that love can conquer absolutely everything.
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
If you love PRETTY WOMAN and Michelle Mankin’s fabulous reads, you will absolutely love her newest book, THE RIGHT MAN. And it doesn’t hurt that we get to see past favorites make an appearance.

I didn’t instantly love Rush but it sure didn’t take long for him to grow on me. He turned out to be such a fantastic guy and watching him fall for Jewel made me melt. Jewel is sweet, but doesn't hold back. She has this charm about her you cannot help but love. Together these two were amazing.

Fantastic s
Janee
Shelves: arc
I loved the way the book started out. With Jewel's grandmother telling her a fairytales.

This story hit close to home. I was never a prostitute, but I lost my mother when I was young. I had to live with grandparents. Jewel learned a lot from her grandmother, but still made mistakes. I understand her very well. I think making those mistakes, and learning from is what lead her to Rush. Just how I think is what lead me to my husband. Fate has a funny way making out things for the better.

Rush turned
Jennifer Crutchfield
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full length stand-alone told in dual POV with HEA and super sweet epilogue. Rush is a lead singer and guitarist who just finished a long tour. His label Black Cat Records has just denied all the songs for the latest album and his drummer is ready to kill his bass player. Jewel is no stranger to homeless shelters and is barely getting by. The only thing I wasn’t a fan of was the fact that Jewel was a hooker, it just felt extreme for her personality (why not a stripper like her mom). The relations ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
4 1/2 stars
Everything in Rush and Jewel's life is not what is seems. Rush should be on top of the world as the lead singer of his band, but he is not happy. Jewel life is nowhere where it should be as she has fallen so far down as having to be a prostitute just to squeak by.
A random encounter puts them on a path of one hour, one night, to one week of being together in lust to love. The feelings are there on both sides, can they trust those feelings to create a future is the most difficult part
Karin
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell in love with this book and the hero (Rush) and heroine Jewel. They were totally opposite but yet absolutely perfect for one another and there chemistry was off the charts.

Teresa Lara
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Absolutely loved this amazing beautiful love story of Rush and Jewel.Had all the feels,intense emotional beautiful broken.So need More Maybe Brad and Cams story
MJ
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books, arc
The Right Man could very well be Michelle Mankin's most romantic book to date. The way she beautifully tells the story of the rockstar and the hooker had me swooning from the very first pages. The often broody Rush McMahon finds in Jewel Anderson the woman he didn't even know he needed. She is truly the balm to his troubled soul as they navigate precious time together and wonder if an unexpected love like theirs can truly be the real deal.

Oh my. I truly lost myself in the pages of this book and
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
*4.5 Stars*
With The Right Man Mankin delivered a Cinderella/Pretty Woman/Ever After inspired romance that hit all the marks. She also scored with a story that proves love can conquer all!

Jewel is our heroine - a hooker with a heart (and eyes) of gold. Circumstances put her in her current position. Fate places her in Rush's path. It's easy to fall for and believe in this compassionate and loyal young woman. Especially considering the fact she can't see her own worth.

Rush - our hero - is a rock
Kylee
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No wishes are needed to make this a five star read, because simply it is a heart inspiring five stars. A modern fairytale that will wrap itself around you with words, love and heartfelt emotion. An unexpected encounter, one that should have been over just as quick as it started, but when fate brings you together should you fight it or take the risk. Rush and Jewel are two broken people who have made mistakes, been judged and at times drowning in their loss. Their story is beautiful and one that ...more
Taz Lozada
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars
Bel
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a Cinderella inspired tale if Pretty Woman had met a rockstar! It had everything I have come to love about this author. There was heartache and angst, as her characters always feel real and authentic you feel everything along with them. In this story we meet Rush a famous rockstar who is spiraling out of control until he stumbles across Jewel, dressed as Harley Quinn her street persona she uses when approaching clients on the street. Their first encounter is filled with so much raw emot ...more
Cat
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an irresistible read, a Rockstar Romance carved into a Pretty Woman style Fairytale.
Rush and Jewel's lives are totally opposite, and they are both very unhappy with the situations they both find themselves in with Life. Not being were they want to be. After a chance encounter their lives entwine, It's funny how One hour can change the rest of your whole life.., and put you one the course to love and a possible HEA..
Rush and Jewel will engulf you into their magnificent romance story, I t
Michelle Mankin
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Once upon a time...soon...Text ROCK BOOK to 345345 for cover reveal and release text alerts
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova

**The Right 5 Star Read!!**

The Right Man is definitely no average fairy tale ... it is sultry and has a lot of heat built into the story. The shadows that lurk in the dark will keep you hanging on to the angst. The almost's and should have's are hanging on each breath of these characters. The darkness and monsters are there to swallow them up, until they find each other. I immediately was stuck on hero worship with Rush. But then I saw the naughty side of him and it was lust after! Our heroin
Lexy
**4.5 Stars**

Be still my heart! I LOVED this story. Once I started, I couldn’t put it down. The fairytale-rocker romance was amazing and once I started the book, I couldn't put it down!

There was something about the two main characters, Rush and Jewel that I loved. I adored them from start to finish, don't get me wrong I wanted to smack them a little bit at times, but that's normal. They both are a little broken because of what life has thrown at them, the choices they've made and their lifestyl
Coleen Walton
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn’t love a good rockstar romance? Plus combine it with a fairy tale....I do!! If you do too, then you HAVE to read this book!! Michelle Mankin delivers both of these in her fabulous new book, The Right Man!! Jewel always wanted the fairytale romance that her grandmother had and talked about, but she hasn’t gotten it yet. Rush wanted the fame and fortune of being a musician, but now that he’s a famous rock star, he realizes something is missing. When these two meet by coincidence, it’s lo ...more
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Hellooo Michelle Mankin and your next hottie, mc-hottie rock star.

Y’all, Mankin has these Rocker books down…I mean they are everything we are always looking for in our next rockers!!! Hawt bad boys, usually have a broken past, broken heart and they never want to settle down and they are always bangen’ in the sack..haha

I did see a snippet of the synopsis and I do have to say, I agree with the modern retelling of a Cinderella story, but I would also like to add I felt a Pretty Woman vibe goin’ on
Kathy Aronoff
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Pretty Woman meets Rock Star
Interesting take on this theme - I really liked Jewel, she holds her own throughout the book and as much as she's hurting, she stands up for herself and those she loves. I will assume that Rush was ready to hang up his ways and from what he has been through don't blame him at all. Grief can make for some strange bedfellows, add in chemistry and you have a Happily Ever After.
Bonus for me was getting to see War again - my Tempest favorite.
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
No one can write a Sexy, bad a$$ rocker who can steal your heart and your panties like Michelle Mankin! Rush was an eccentric jerk who did what he wanted, who he wanted and didn’t give two craps what anyone thought! Until he met someone who could give two craps about him and his fancy car! Though it wasn’t love at first sight, it was definitely lust at returned insult!!

Jewel and Rush’s story is one with many bumps and pain but if these two can just see past the pain, the hurt and trust in what
Sylvie Howick
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you liked Pretty Woman your will love The Right Man. Ms Mankin has a new winner with this wonderful story that you pull at your heart strings, make you laugh as well as swoon. Over all a great story.
Cindy Martin
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Omg I absolutely loved this book, I loved Rush and Jewels, Michelle's writing always make you feel that you are actually feeling all the hurt, love and joy she puts down, and there was a lot in this book. I loved how she brought back characters from one of my favorite series Tempest.
Melissa Meyer
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an AMAZING story filled with a sexy rocker and a woman on the journey of a lifetime. This book will pull on your heartstrings.
Sarah Murphy
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rockstar meets Pretty Woman in this amazing Cinderella retelling. Rush is a rockstar in a downward spiral. Jewel is a sweet woman forced to do what she has to survive. A chance meeting leads to a passionate whirlwind love affair, death, paparazzi, exes, secrets uncovered, lies, and heartache. Can these two find their Happy Ever After, or will they be torn apart forever? Be watching for this book on release day because, believe me, you don’t want to miss out!
Coralee Corrigan
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read and I loved it
B. C. Booklover
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Advanced copy generously provided and happily received!

WOW, I read a few chapters of this book in an anthology called Christmas with a Rockstar. I was really getting into this story and was so sad when I realized it was just a portion of the whole book which wasn't released yet! How I patiently I waited and was rewarded by being given a copy to read ahead of its release! YAY! How I loved this book!

The prologue of The Right Man tells the story of a little girl named Jewel, who loves to hear the b
« previous 1 3 next »
MICHELLE MANKIN is the New York Times bestselling author of the Black Cat Records series of novels.
Rock Stars & Romance. Love & Lyrical Ever Afters.
Love Evolution, Love Revolution, and Love Resolution are a BRUTAL STRENGTH centered trilogy, combining the plot underpinnings of Shakespeare with the drama, excitement, and indisputable sexiness of the rock 'n roll industry.
Things take a bit o