Start by marking “Star Daughter” as Want to Read:
Star Daughter

Star Daughter

The daughter of a star and a mortal, Sheetal is used to keeping secrets. But when a flare of starfire injures her human father, Sheetal needs a full star's help to heal him. A star like her mother, who returned to the sky long ago.

Sheetal's quest will take her to a celestial court of shining wonders and dark shadows, where she must act as her family's champion in a
Hardcover
Expected publication: August 11th 2020 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Star Daughter, please sign up.
Shveta Thakrar Huh, I actually had answered this, and now it looks like the answer disappeared! Well, anyway, it's a standalone. :)
Shveta Thakrar I am not sure I understand your question. Did you mean you would like an advance reading copy for review? If so, I would send HarperTeen a message on…moreI am not sure I understand your question. Did you mean you would like an advance reading copy for review? If so, I would send HarperTeen a message on Twitter. :)(less)
Untitled by Sarah J. MaasUntitled by Leigh BardugoOne of Us Is Next by Karen M. McManusThe Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsUntitled by Susan Dennard
YA Novels of 2020
665 books — 1,326 voters
All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn  GraceWhere Dreams Descend by Janella AngelesAll Your Twisted Secrets by Diana  UrbanA Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. BrownThe Lucky Ones by Liz Lawson
YA Debuts 2020
112 books — 232 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Star Daughter
Shveta Thakrar
Nov 29, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
I see someone updated this listing, and MY GORGEOUS COVER IS LIVE! AHHHHHHHHHH! :D :D :D I hope you love it as much as I do!
alana ♡
Shelves: fantasy
Don't get me wrong the blurb of this sounds good, but I'd be 100% lying if I said I didn't add this to my TBR because of the cover.

Blog | Twitter
Diana
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EDIT:

I have read this multiple times now and it gets more gorgeous each time. How is that possible? Each time I read it, I find new moments and lines to love. Honestly, it's a gorgeous story about what it means to be human, the brilliance and pain of it, with magic and music and heart, so much heart, and how destinies do not define you, you define your destiny. I JUST REALLY LOVE IT, OKAY? I can't wait to have my physical copy when it comes out next year.

I was lucky enough to read an early draft
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
Hindu Mythology, Half-Star girl & Celestial competition...and that amazing cover? I'M READY. :D

jess ✨
Oct 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
this is honestly one of the most stunning covers i've seen in my life. i hope this is as amazing as its cover. so excited!
Kilikina
I have such high hopes, I hope this is as fantastic as it sounds!!!!
♠️ TABI ♠️
Nov 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
was gonna pass this when I saw "contemporary" but smashed the tbr button at lightspeed when I saw "fantasy"

ALSO HI HI HI HELLO YOU BEAUTIFUL COVER
Ashley
Nov 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-aug
You had me at Star and Hindu Mythology!

Give me some shiny things and a downpour of mythology, and I’m here for it- all the time, every time. A girl likes what she likes.
Dia
Dec 02, 2018 marked it as 2020-releases

look at me, getting ready for 2020 when 2019 is nowhere in sight
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
Look at that cover!

LOOK. AT. IT!
Sureena
Nov 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
!!!

I read till Hindu mythology and hit "want to read". There are more books with Indian rep coming and I've never been happier!!
Jacqueline Koyanagi
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A stunning tale of self-acceptance, family, and liminal spaces.
Tova
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as 2020-releases
This cover is the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time. I want to marry it.
Mjspice
Oct 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-2020
Y'all the cover alone has me SHOOK!!
Fanna
Oct 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
|| Hindu mythology
|| Desi on the cover
|| Celestial competition
|| Daughter saves dad
shre ♡
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
"The contemporary YA fantasy inspired by Hindu mythology follows a half-mortal/half-star girl who must win a celestial competition to save her human father's life."

SAY LESS, I'M THERE.

also that mf cover....charlie bowater can do no wrong in my eyes.
Anna || MyBookishDream
This book sounds sooo good! Also, that is one of the most gorgeous covers that I have ever seen!
Sarah Holton
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
I wanna read this book on the cover alone. Damn that is one fucking good cover.
Kimberly
I wanna read every book with Charlie Bowater’s artwork on the cover ...more
Stephanie
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I may be biased, but I love, love, love this book. Can't wait for everyone to read it!
The Artisan Geek
Nov 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
30/11/19
First of all, HINDU MYTHOLOGY?! And then the cover, my dear gosh!! STUNNING!!

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
I was pulled in by Neil Gaiman and Hindu mythology when I read the synopsis for this book. Doesn’t it sound like an epic fantasy? The cover is all sorts of amazing as well.
Emma Yoloswag
Oct 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
I may or may not be very, very gay for this cover
axel
bitch that cover thoooooo
Erin
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just saw a picture of the cover and it is absolutely stunning , so glad the Indian culture is getting more representation. Most anticipated read for 2020.
Bara
Nov 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
Damn it, another premise that sounds awesome. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.
***
The cover is BREATHTAKING!
Tânia
This is one of the most stunning covers I've ever seen. Pretty cover, Hindu-mythology, celestial courts... This book will be all kinds of epic!

Blog // Instagram // Twitter // Redbubble
Kate Bennett
Nov 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
Not gonna lie- this has competition w/ Bone Crier's Moon, and both of them sound absolutely incredible. Charlie Bowater is- hands down- my favorite book cover artist of all time. JUST LOOK AT THIS!

Yet another book that I have to wait over a month for. Ugh.

But seriously, this sounds amazing. AND THE COVER I AM DROOLING OVER MY GOSH
Julie-Ann Johnson
Nov 20, 2019 marked it as to-read

I'm intrigued.
Rocky
Sep 14, 2019

• Ink in the Blood (Ink in The Blood, #1)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Woven in Moonlight
  • The Silence of Bones
  • Jade Fire Gold
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
  • What I Like About You
  • A Breath Too Late
  • Reverie
  • I Kissed Alice
  • Eyes on Me
  • Miss Fix-It
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • The Ground Rules Rewritten (The Rule Breakers, #2)
(Hi! Thanks for looking me up. I can't accept friend requests here, so if you'd like to get in touch, please find me on social media or contact me via my website.)

Shveta Thakrar is a writer of South Asian–flavored fantasy, part-time nagini, and full-time believer in magic. Her debut novel Star Daughter is coming 11 August 2020 from HarperTeen, and her short fiction and poetry have appeared in a