Start by marking “Beyond The Field” as Want to Read:
Beyond The Field

Beyond The Field

A story for all ages!

A simple act of kindness leads to an unconventional friendship that sparks a series of events which will forever change the lives of the inhabitants in a small, rural farming community.
Published November 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Beyond The Field, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond The Field

Teresa Grabs
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beyond the Field is a cute children's story that begins with a kindhearted little girl who insists her scarecrow has a smile. A chance encounter between the scarecrow and a crow led to a six-year friendship. Dixon's story is original and touches on love, loss, forgiveness, and kindness. McCarty's illustrations are cute (although I must wonder why the boy doesn't have arms) and fits the story's theme. This is a perfect book for bedtime reading.
Audrey Driscoll
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This charming book deals in a clever and sensitive way with topics such as friendship, helpfulness, humour, perspective, and death. It's intended for readers of all ages and would be a delight to read to someone else, or to have read to oneself. I especially liked that the primary characters--the scarecrow and the crows--are nonhuman, with the humans playing a background role. The illustrations are a nice extra.
I received a free copy from the author with no expectation of a review.
Victoria Ray
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book, stylish, symbolic and simple stories... A very quick enjoyable read! Easy to fall in love with all heroes (mostly crows lol just kidding) and cute illustrations. Hopefully I can write a long review and post on my blog.
And if you want to find out what's really happening after the harvest and BEYOND the field - you have to grab it and read to the end...
Cage Dunn
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A fun read -
I enjoyed this story very much, the progress, the message, the characters. Only one mark off, and that was for the distance from the reader; the kids wanted to have a single storyteller, or to have the girl come back at the end, but they still loved it.
Cassandra
Feb 02, 2019
Anne A.
Dec 21, 2018
River Dixon
Dec 16, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
June Quintin
Jan 31, 2019
N.F. Mirza
Mar 24, 2019
When once asked for an author bio, River Dixon was quoted as saying “Life is pretty good these days. But that doesn’t mean I don’t remember. It’s quite easy, too easy, to slip back to what once was, realizing it still is. Fortunately, I have the knowledge that there is an underlying hope in all this, and that is one of the greatest gifts the years have given me.”

When asked what she thought of his