Start by marking “Mistake's Melody (Unquiet Mind #4)” as Want to Read:
Mistake's Melody (Unquiet Mind #4)

Mistake's Melody

(Unquiet Mind #4)

He's world famous.
The most eligible bachelor in Hollywood.
Owns the stage and thousands of hearts around the world.
The bassist of Unquiet Mind.
Rock royalty.

But he's none of that to me.

To me, he's just Wyatt.
The teenager I met in my best friend's garage.
I promised him he'd never get into my bed or into my heart.
It turns out I lied.

Start your review of Mistake's Melody (Unquiet Mind #4)
 B.E.Love
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Small spoilers from previous books *
If you know anything about Unquiet Mind and all the previous characters who got their own book you knew this book would be great but after reading it I have to say it’s epic. Emma and Wyatt met when Emma was a young girl struggling to survive on her own and Wyatt was a 17-year-old boy who even then had girls falling at his feet. When they met both were attracted to the other but Emma did something no other girl ever did, she said no.

Years have gone by and the
Na
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was ok

"I don't write songs, words," he rasped. "I'm the melody guy. But babe, you're too chaotic to put into a melody."

Between finishing this book and writing this review I put myself on hold. Because I wasn't quite sure how to rate this book fairly. I rarely give 2 stars or lower. Usually I put myself through the process of DNF and not rating a book. However this book held my interest long enough to finish it, still in hope it might get better.

"The notes, the chords, the way his fingers thru
Rachel K
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
I've tried multiple times with this author but I just don't think this author is for me. I find all her characters too juvenile and ditzy for me. It's annoying.

Of course, I'm probably too old for this shit...
Anne Malcom
Nov 30, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
COMING EARLY 2019...

"I met him when he was a teenage boy playing bass in my best friend's garage.
It wasn't love at first sight.
No fireworks. No butterflies.
Nothing.
Nothing to warn me that in the years to come, this boy would turn into a man. One of the most famous rockstars in the world.
And he'd ruin my fucking life."
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Wyatt and Emma were quite the ride! Extraordinary. Everyone knows I fangirl Anne Malcom pretty hard and this book is a perfect example of why.

It's brave. It's honest. It's funny AF and it's also gonna rip your heart out at times. I might have sent her SHOUTY CAPS messages A LOT in this one, but I still love her. Buckle up for an emotional roller coaster with these two!!! Love isn't always easy.

Full review to come.

Beta read
Reading
I'm out.
I'm done.

Same characters, same OTT angst.

I'm not referring to characters we've met in previous books. I'm talking about the same characters with different names, the same words, the same sameness.

Note to authors: Angst is not a plot. It's a weak plot device, as well. Angst should be an organic product of a story rather than the engine.

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Anne Malcom!

Anne Malcom has a certain style to her writing. A flair. Her voice is unique. It has beautiful flow and is saturated with personality. It is so uniquely and soulfully Anne. This book was no exception. If anything, she took her writing to the next level with this book.

Mistake’s Melody will frustrate you. It will make you want to rattle both Emma and Wyatt, but it will all be worth it because you wi
Izzie d
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: music-band
Bex_Book_Revieux
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emma and Wyatt met fighting, and they've continued for almost a decade. Wyatt - 1/4 of the group Unquiet Minds and Emma - the sad girl whose parents were completely destructive in a way few will ever understand.

After many years of fighting separately, the time is right for Wyatt and Emma to fight together. Unfortunately Wyatt is going to continue to make some piss poor decisions. And when he's done making those mistakes he might find right where he was always meant to be.

"True art makes you unco
Anne Milne
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Of all the books in the series this is the most character driven its a change of pace from the MC involvement and I loved it.

Wyatt has always intrigued me he was always so closed off. I just knew when we got to see the real him he could be a complete surprise. The author doesn't write weak women and Emma is another strong opinionated woman who doesn't make things easy. Like me your probably used to the man being the a****le in the story but get ready because Emma is going to shock you.

It's pro
Erin Scorpio
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, I have fallen in love with this series. This is the series that introduced me to Anne and I haven't looked back. The characters are full of life and depth, you can't help but fall in love with them. Emma and Wyatt have been dancing around one another since they were teens. It has never been easy for either of them. Life has not been kind to them in their younger years. They both were raised in situations that scarred them, emotionally, and it stayed with them into their adult lives. ...more
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
I have been looking forward to Wyatt’s book and it is so good! He is so much more than meets the eye... so dreamy! You know those stories where the hero is a huge asshole that you just love anyway? Well, in this story, the heroine is the huge asshole, but she is loveable af. I couldn’t help but root for Emma and Wyatt all along, despite their stupidity sometimes. This is a great story full of emotions and angst. I loved it and all of the books in this series and the other connected series by thi ...more
Obsessive Book Whore
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heart-wrenchingly beautiful, this book owned me from the very first word. It deserves so much more than 5 stars.

Wyatt and Emma have known each other since they were teens. Before Unquiet Mind was a household name. Before...

That was before.
Before the fame.
Before they fell.
Before the hurt and pain of a love that would forever be tainted by their pasts.

This book wrecked me. These characters came alive on the page. And I was all too ready and willing to consume every word they spoke.

Emma grew u
Kelly Williams
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review! This book broke me then put me back together again. It was amazing- seriously a 10 star read. Emma and Wyatt fought long and hard, went through some serious ups and downs and ended up happy. I love their sarcasm and snark. Emma is hilarious at times. This book was awesome and I love that we get to see a lot of Sam, Lexie, Kill, Mia and Noah. I'm sad that the series is coming to an end after the next book. Definitely recommend!!
Lisa Mcintire
I liked the book but Emma was too much for me. Her constant bickering, yelling, and just anger got so annoying. I think you can be "hard" without all of that. I enjoyed the last chapter and epilogue the most haha
Emilia || Dark Side of the Book
No. You will not find previous books in this series on my blog. I like to read the page from the ass, so I reached for the fourth part of the series. You asked me, too, whether it is a story about the Killian theme and Lexi and only now, after reading the answer you can not. Although it is very often they appear here. But more about that in a moment.
I just wanted to add that the cover to "Melody's Mistake" is another prettiest cover, right next to "The Kiss Thief" 2019 years.
Okay, I not yadda y
Sandra
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star, posted-reviews, ku
A common occurrence whenever I read a book by Anne Malcom, major book hangover! Emma and Wyatt’s love story is not an easy one. They both had horrendous childhoods that have affected them into adulthood. However, they are both survivors and had the strength to move on and make something of themselves, but still riddled with scars. We definitely get more of Emma’s pain so I was able to empathize more with her. The early years for her were tough and so heartbreaking, but she dragged herself out of ...more
Joanne
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 I have to say, I had mixed feelings about this book. Did I want to keep reading it and see what happened? Yes. Was there some things that I didn't expect in the book? Yes. Was I like come on already, we know you are a 100% badass and don't want to love anyone? Yes. There were times that I thought the author believed the reader have dementia with all of the reminders of what happened previously in the SAME book. It wasn't like it was in two books back, nope darlin, we just read about that, no ...more
Kristy
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anne Malcom has done it again!!!!
As soon as I read the first page I knew I was a goner. It was time to lock myself away and devour Emma and Wyatt's story. Anne has this magical gift of bringing the characters to life.
I don't want to give anything away cause this is must read for all. I laughed, cried, yelled and was heartbroken for these two but the emotional rollercoaster ride is so worth it.

I absolutely recommend this book and the Unquiet Mind series!
Annette Brignac
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anne Malcom has done it again! The continuation of her Unquiet Mind series has left me absolutely floored and even more in love with this series than I was before.

Emma and Wyatt's story isn't easy, but goodness is it worth it. These two will forever be in my heart. I yelled, laughed, I swooned, I teared up.

Emma is officially one of my favorite Characters in this series. She's so strong and beautiful.

Trust me when I say you need this book!!! I absolutely recommend it!!
Sara F.
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for this book forever. I’m sure it’s been forever. But, part of me knew it would be a tough read. I should never doubt the incredible story telling of AM. She is amazing and this story is amazing. I think in any other author’s hands I would have hated both of these characters. They have serious commitment issues, but AM overcomes all this and whenever I was afraid too much angst and heartache would break the story, she pulls me back into the light. She never lets the story go i ...more
Stephanie Osborne
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 4 of Unquiet Mind. PLEASE read them in order... you don’t want to spoil it for yourself.

Wyatt & Emma were as stubborn and difficult as I knew they would be. Both come from a very damaged past- parents that had no business being parents. And now they have to figure out how to do life together. Spoiler alert...it doesn’t come easy. Or peacefully.
Nicole Goodin
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book from Anne Malcolm. It was the first I'd read in this series, but it didn't make a difference that I hadn't read the first 3, I still got pulled in.

Mistake's Melody lost a star for me because of the mid section. I'm all for a bit of push and pull, but the constant, seemingly never ending back and forth between Wyatt and Emma got tiresome after a while. I found parts a bit predictable, but enjoyable never the less.
Also, it's in desperate need of a proof read. It had obvi
Gail
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC given by the Amazing Anne Malcom. Ill tell you she is becoming one of my ultimate FAVES!!!
I’ve read all the books in this series and I will say that Wyatt is by far my favorite… OMG I absolutely loved him and Emma…
I loved the feistiness of Emma and the complete Alpha of Wyatt.. There were a few times I wanted to hit or punch both because of stupid shit that went down.
Wyatt has always been so closed off… or putting on a front.. I was sooooo happy when we got to see the real him.. this made
Ri
Sweet Holy Hell
This author. If ever I need someone to rip me apart, make me laugh, make me cry, and then put me back together again then she is the author to do it to me. EVERY. TIME. The way that she writes characters that have so many layers of pain but still manage to be survivors astounds me. She creates a visceral sensation that is unlike just about anything I have ever encountered before when it comes to reading. I feel it in every ounce of my being. She gives me words that I didn't know I
Brittany
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED

I’m not sure where to start with my review of Mistake’s Melody from the Unquiet Mind series. I wasn’t even 30% into the book before I was blubbering through the tears and shooing everyone away from me because I was so deep into the characters. One of the things I love most about Anne Malcom’s writing is that her characters are never shiny without imperfections. If anything she has a knack for putting her characters flaws front and center and making us fall in love with them instead of revol
2OCC Reviews
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
This story has to have one of the most beautiful covers I have seen with an epic story that has made this one of my top reads. I seriously could not get enough of this book, I did not want to stop reading the story for anything and at the same time, I did not want to finish reading. I am a massive fan of rock star reads and I have to say this story has to be my favourite because I could not get enough of Emma and Wyatt. But also one big thing that made this such an incredible read is the writing ...more
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
Does Ann Malcom know how to write anything that doesn’t destroy me in the best possible way?!?! This woman… she just slays me! Every single time I open a book with her name on the cover, I know… I just KNOW… it’s going to rock me! Mistake’s Melody hit a high note! The Unquiet Mind series is one of my top favorite series. If I could get this entire series made an audiobooks… my year would be made! I seriously binged these books before Mistake’s Melody. I’m so glad I did… I love the feel of this g ...more
Lisa Staples
I am ashamed to admit that coming into Mistake's Melody I haven't yet read the first three books in the Unquiet Mind series, yet they sit patiently on my kindle for the privilege such is my faith in this lady's talented writing ability. But it in no way took away from the experience of this book.
If anything they've been moved up my to-read list, and I am now gearing up for an impatient wait for Noah's story!

There's true pain in this story, and it's vividly captured in these two troubled souls.
As
Love N. Books
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ellie’s $0.02:

*le sigh*

It’s not a big secret that I am a sucker, SUCKER, for rock star romances. Take one of my fave authors writing one? Dude. Win-fucking-win.

Take Malcom’s beautiful style of writing, one mad, angry, strong female heroine (I always feel like I need to put a footnote that heroine and heroin are two completely different things), a super rock star hero, and an explosive chemistry - and you get… Mistake’s Melody.

While it went from love to hate to love to hate to love to hate to LOV
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Virgin (The Henchmen MC #16)
  • The Rise of Ferryn
  • Roan (The Henchmen MC #17)
  • Lift You Up (Rivers Brothers, #1)
  • The Babysitter (Professionals #5)
  • The Woman in the Trunk
  • Counterfeit Love
  • The Negotiator (Professionals, #7)
  • The Client
  • Colson (The Henchmen MC #20)
  • The Woman at the Docks: A Mafia Romance
  • The General (Professionals #4)
  • 4 Months (Investigators #3)
  • Lock You Down (Rivers Brothers, #2)
  • The Middle Man (Professionals #6)
  • Camden (The Henchmen MC #18)
  • Hush
  • faire l'amour
Anne Malcom has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth, then as she grew up her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males an ...more

Unquiet Mind (5 books)
  • Echoes of Silence (Unquiet Mind, #1)
  • Skeletons of Us (Unquiet Mind #2)
  • Broken Shelves (Unquiet Mind, #3)
  • Censored Soul (Unquiet Mind Book 5)

News & Interviews