Start by marking “Our Last Christmas Together: A Sunlit Lands Christmas Tale (The Sunlit Lands)” as Want to Read:
Our Last Christmas Together: A Sunlit Lands Christmas Tale (The Sunlit Lands)

Our Last Christmas Together: A Sunlit Lands Christmas Tale

(The Sunlit Lands)

In the Sunlit Lands, teenagers fight in a magic war against a terrible enemy. But once a year all such things are set aside for a Christmas celebration, with kids from around the world sharing their traditions, their stories, and their memories of home. Join Madeline Oliver, Jason Wu, and Shula Bishara as each one shares their own moving Christmas tale.

A standalone story
Published November 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Our Last Christmas Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Last Christmas Together

Start your review of Our Last Christmas Together: A Sunlit Lands Christmas Tale (The Sunlit Lands)
Natalie
3.5 stars, rounded up because I really liked the 3 Christmas stories the kids told. I haven’t read the series connecting to this, so I was a little bit lost at times, but it was still a super cute, super short Christmas read.
Jesse Doogan
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
This was the perfect one-sitting Christmas read! I loved going back into the world of The Sunlit Lands to see what all my friends were doing when the cameras weren't rolling (so to speak) during The Crescent Stone. I loved hearing backstory from some of the minor characters, and I felt like I learned a lot about Jason and Maddie. I'm always looking for new fast reads in December, when I get busy with Christmas and ALSO am trying to hit my Goodreads goal, and this was just what I was looking for. ...more
Nadine Keels
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
There's war in the Sunlit Lands, but once a year, the young people there set aside time to celebrate Christmas, as they do in Our Last Christmas Together by author Matt Mikalatos.

Admittedly, I didn't finish the first novel in the Sunlit Lands fantasy series, The Crescent Stone, but that takes nothing away from the characters. A multicultural cast of 'em, by the way.

Especially the hilarious and caring (in a guy-like, "no biggie but ride or die" kind of way) Wu Song, a.k.a. Jason Wu. My concerns a
Johnny Bennett
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This short story seems to happen in the middle of the first book, The Crescent Stone. It is cute. It draws on all the familiar characters telling Christmas tales on an arbitrarily chosen day in Far Seeing.
Reinier
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick read to set the perfect Christmas mood

several servings of Christmas tidings distilled in so few pages and yet delivering the right amount of cheer appropriate for the season
Ellen Vosburg
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet Christmas interlude to complement the main story line. Excellent series! Highly recommend.
Mrklingon
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Nice episode - set in, but independent of - the Crescent Stone. A very nice meditation on Christmas.
Eli D
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is quickly one of my favorite series.
Kristi Gravemann
cheryl scriven
Sep 14, 2019

• Greek Myths For Young Children
  • The Science of Sci-Fi: From Warp Speed to Interstellar Travel
  • Dusk of Humanity (The Decay of Humanity, #1)
  • Of Mice and Magic (Hamster Princess, #2)
  • Curse of the Boggin (The Library, #1)
  • The Future of Humanity: Terraforming Mars, Interstellar Travel, Immortality and Our Destiny Beyond Earth
  • There Goes Santa Claus (Ivy Towers, #4)
  • The Finisher (Vega Jane, #1)
  • The Silence Between Us
  • Fourth World Man: A Hypermodern Prometheus
  • Catching Christmas
  • The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith
  • Write a Novel: How to Outline a Book in Three Hours
  • The Last Mrs. Summers (Her Royal Spyness, #14)
  • Song of the Deep
  • Red Line
  • Tau Zero

The Sunlit Lands (3 books)
  • The Crescent Stone (The Sunlit Lands #1)
  • The Heartwood Crown (The Sunlit Lands #2)
  • The Story King