Start by marking “How to Talk to Nice English Girls” as Want to Read:
How to Talk to Nice English Girls

How to Talk to Nice English Girls

In the aftermath of The Great War, everything is changing. But not for Marian Fielding.

Marian’s life is quiet and predictable in the solitude of the English countryside, where she plans to remain and care for her parents.

But Marian’s world is turned upside down when she meets brash, confident Katherine Fuller. Katherine arrives at the Fieldings’ estate for the wedding of
Kindle Edition
Published February 14th 2019 by Carnation Books

To ask other readers questions about How to Talk to Nice English Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Talk to Nice English Girls

K.J. Charles
Mar 10, 2019 added it
Shelves: 1920s, f-f
I got very excited at a new 1920s f/f because honestly, what a fabulous period and how much potential. We definitely get a sense of the changing times, including the collapse of the landed aristocracy and the ravages of the War, but mostly it's a pretty inward-focused story concentrating on Lady Marian's slow journey of self discovery and then the growing sexual relationship. The two leads are passionate, flawed, and fit well together. I'd have liked more external plot / internal conflict myself ...more
Flor
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

The world needs more F/F Historicals as heartwarming as this one.
Amanda
THE BATH TUB SCENE. That's all I've got to say.
Ceillie Simkiss
Delightfully Sapphic.
Full review to come!
Lauren James
Mar 25, 2019 added it
Shelves: lgbtqia
A lovely sweet romance between a naive English and bold American girl in the twenties. This is really lovely, with a great focus on their growing relationship without overlooking the social mores of the time.
Julie Totsch
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Lesbian Romance

Finally, a lesbian romance that is about as normal as normal can be. No screaming rants. No breaking up. Just two lovely women fAlli in love. I loved it.
Rae Storey
This book made me so happy. Marian, an introverted upper class Brit and Katherine, the care free daughter of an American businessman became my very good friends. I hated having to put the book down, for whatever reason, but especially needing sleep. I missed them and wondered what they were up to, I missed their banter and flirting. Throughout the story, they influenced and encouraged growth in each other.

Something I enjoyed so very much about this story is that through all of their challenges
Shawna
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I mainly just wished this had been a little longer, and we'd gotten more about the relationship development. It's a very sweet (and hot!) story about two girls finding each other.
Amelia
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f-historical
A gentle but surprisingly steamy for f/f historical romance novella about an American flapper and English lady.
Donald Addu
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Original and fun

Set at the end of the English aristocracy, this fun and entertaining, original story is a great, easy read. It recounts the joy and pain of new love as Miriam discovers a world of independence, freedom and romance she never thought possible.
Monica
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and sexy

F/F relationships are rare in histrom, so I dove into it eagerly. I wasn't disappointed! The relationship thar builds between Marian and Katherine is sweet and sexy. They bring out the best in each other. Definitely putting this on the read again list!
Christine Bailey
Lovely read

This was a very sweet and engaging story, with relatable and enjoyable characters. I loved the way the two women came to be together. I would certainly recommend it!
Gabriela
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The world needs to make more books like this one. Wonderful read.
Jen
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, f-f
Marian has always been content with her quiet life. Then Katherine comes to visit from America and everything Marian knew about herself and love. One of the sweetest, steamiest F/F romances I've read in a long time.
Ley
Apr 07, 2019
Lo
Feb 03, 2019
Teacherlady
Jun 19, 2019
Brigadax
rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2019