Start by marking “Unexpected Demon (Unexpected, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Demon (Unexpected, #2)

Unexpected Demon

(Unexpected #2)

I never liked her kind before. Rank climbing bastards. Liars. Cowards.

The second I see her walk into the captain's meeting, I want to dislike her but I can't. I’m captivated by her smooth curves, long thick hair and her confidence. I want to taste her sweetness.

Published January 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Demon

Coco.V
Feb 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/3/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
I never liked her kind before. Rank climbing bastards. Liars. Cowards.

She’s got guts, smarts and I want her to come willingly to my bed. Except, she doesn't respond to my charm. The female is nothing like I expect.

She’s also taken unnecessary risks.

My mission is on
Space Cowgirl
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌙Night Moves By the Night Demon👹

Alpha Alien👹 Sci-fi Adventure and Adult Romance💞.
Vivra💃💋, a humanoid Bolark, is one of the 36 survivors from the huge ship Garna, normally with a crew of thousands. A virus picked up on a planet🌍 stopover kills all the rest.
The ship is cleaned up and restaffed, and aboard comes Commander Pax, a Night Demon👹🍆⛲🔪🔫 and the new weapons specialist.
He takes one look at Vivra💃💋 and makes it his duty to seduce the feisty independent woman! It's what Night Demons👹🍆⛲🔪🔫 do!

L
Jenny Koch
I didn't think I was going to like this book given the obnoxious male lead described in the blurb but I ended up enjoying it. Only thing is that as far as I could tell the hero's racism against the heroine's people was never resolved - which soured my overall enjoyment of the book.
S
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This story was a case of too much all at once, too many characters, too many species descriptions and too much internal dialogue. It seems the characters lived in their heads a lot and that’s where a good deal of the story takes place too.

For me the characters all felt wooden and I had a hard time connecting with any of them. There were attempts to interject humor or starts of trying to create a type of camaraderie within the crew that for me never left the ground. All of the parts were there fo
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
I really enjoyed reading this amazing Sci-Fi romance. The story-line is well-thought out and written with an intriguing plot, which certainly kept my attention. The characters are unique & well-developed with a variety of traits and different sides to their individual personalities with attributes of determination and/or recklessness.
There is: various kind of alien species, cyborgs, terrans (humans), twists & turns, intrigue, action, secrets, danger, enemies, manipulations, devious plan
Margaret
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vivra survived a deadly disease then meets the Red Demon officer Pax.
Logistic officer is one of only thirty-six of a crew of thousands to survive the Eldon disease that had spread from the planet to the ship and when the ship has been deemed fit for service they return to it along with some new crew including Captain Rannn and his team. The new tactical officer is a Red Demon called Pax and Vivra is attracted to him. He clashes with her a lot but despite his dislike of Bolarks in general he find
Gladys
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a good sci-fi romance. It is the second book in the series and you could probably skate by without reading book one, I recommend that you don't. Reading that book will really help you understand a lot about these characters and their world. As for this book it was steamy and dramatic. I felt the hero and heroine were a good match. Even with him being all hot, alpha male, she was able to stand toe-to-toe with him, which was a nice change of pace from the usual. Great chemistry, ...more
Caroline Doig
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and this is a fantastic story and it’s book 2 in this series. A fantastic sci-fi read with an alpha alien male who is attracted to a brave, sexy strong and stubborn human female. I like how Vivra stands up to Pax she doesn’t put up with his muncho crap but Pax gets her back and shows her who is boss when he gets her in his bed. I loved this action packed steamy story and I highly recommend this book it’s definitely well worth the read.
Sharon
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author has created a wonderful world with well rounded characters. The plot is exciting to read and has drama, intrigue, humour and heat! The characters have great chemistry between them, and their conversations are realistic. The alpha male may have found his mate, but she isn’t going to drop to her knees and give in without some convincing and a fight! I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Philleys Peters
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What an exceptionally well written sci-fi romance. I loved the storyline and the hodge podge of alien races portrayed by the lively and most interesting characters. And make no mistake about it, this is definitely a romance full of intrigue, a boisterous and dedicated starship crew and the steamy romance of the red demon Pax and the green scaled Bolark female Vivra. This book is a keeper, for sure!

Barbara
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Unexpected series and the series is just getting better. I want to read the next book when it is out. The pages flow smoothly one to the other the storyline has suspense, drama, danger, fake Federation, betrayal, different types of peoples, and romance. Pax and Vivra's story kept me turning pages. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kathryn
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is unique, well developed. well written, and unexpected.
Unexpected Demon is the second book in the series and while following a different couple, the world is still the same is and might be better enjoyed by reading book one first. The characters have undeniable chemistry and the plot-line was easy to follow. I received an advanced copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a honest, unbiased review.
Trixie
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected indeed! Both the Protagonist ‘diverted’ from their usual because of love, of course it was all for the better or they wouldn’t have their happily ever after.

I can imagine myself in space with all this alien talk and dangerous planet they were discussing.

M
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author showed good imagination. The world-building is great and extensive. There is a few steamy sex scenes. There is good character development, not just for Vivra and Pax but also for the supporting characters in this fascinating book. The plot is peppered with action scenes. All in all, a good read. [I received an advanced copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.]
Barbara Brostek
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sizzling Space Romance!
Hot, steamy romance aboard spaceship in the outer reaches of the universe. This fast paced adventure is full of drama, suspense, intrigue, pirates, betrayal, twists and turns, Interesting new species, worlds and unique technology. A great addition to the series. I look forward to the next book. Enjoy!

I received an arc copy and am happy to leave my honest review.
Jennifer L
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoying this new to me author

I read the first book in this series and very much enjoyed it. I skipped book two and read this one and am now definitely a fan. I'm headed back to book two and I am now following this author. I recommend taking a chance and trying her out. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Chelsea R Ortiz-Gonzalez
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow.
I loved this book.
I will be watching, like a hawk, for the next book in the series to come out.
It was detailed that it felt like I was right in the middle of all the action.
I am amazed.
Also, I now have a new author to add to my list of favorites.
Happy reading!
Rating 5 stars

Tanya
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He never liked her kind but when she walked into the room. He wanted to hate her but there was something about her. She does not respond to him in the way he had expected. She takes risks and he will make her see his way. How will he do that? See what he will do

Mrs Hudson
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Worth reading

NR. This is well written. This was read as a stand-alone but this is part of a series which I need to catch up on

This is not a short novel. This has over 350 pages of twisting plot, characters you want to know better, romance, and some steamy bits as well!

Mildred
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vivra and Pax were really good together. The story flowed really well and the characters, even the secondary ones were very well developed. Very vivid story-telling with enough heat to keep you interested. looking forward to more from this series and world. Great job, Ms. Stone!

Ewa
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Is definitely need to read book one before and then this one. Would be very beneficial
It is exciting, dramatic, surprising, emotional and so much more.
Very enjoyable book.
Giving only four stars just because is so many characters to keep up with

Sherry Westendorf
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need to read book 1 to get caught up. But what I can tell you about this one is that I would definitely read book 1 and then this one. It is exciting, dramatic, surprising, emotional and so much more. It is definitely worth reading. I was given a review copy by booksprout and voluntarily review it.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It is the kind that you can identify with the characters and immerse yourself in the story. Very well written and characters to win the heart make this book a must read.

Charity Cunningham
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Unexpected Demon by Layla Stone was a decent read with amusing characters, and great banter! I'm looking forward to the next book!

SBee Reviews
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and unique story

Vivra and Pax’s story read like a few continuous episodes of ships logs on the Enterprise to me! It has an entertaining and unique plot with an underlying romance between two strong characters who put their jobs first.

Leslie
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!!

Couldn't put it down! Want more,need the story to be complete... It's probable the best most inventive,intriguing,interesting people or aliens I've read in years
Sharon
Feb 04, 2019
Natteld
Feb 03, 2019
Lais
rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2019
Layla Stone
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
« previous 1 3 next »
Layla Stone is a Sci-Fi romance author who is passionate about writing and reading romance. Her books are a blend of science fiction, romance and action adventure.

A business coordinator by trade and a bookworm at heart, Layla makes her home in Southern California where she lives with her husband, two children and a trio of fur babies.

Unexpected (3 books)
  • Unexpected Prize (Unexpected, #0.5)
  • Unexpected Hostage (Unexpected, #1)
“Vivra’s sharp and unyielding gaze snapped to him. She reached down and grabbed something from her side pocket, then pulled it out and pointed it at him. “So help me, Seth of Stars, if you don’t get out of my office, I’ll remove you myself.” 0 likes
“I gave you a star carrier. I ordered you to help those on Brica. You’re making it sound like I have no honor,” Orin hissed. Rannn thrust his finger at the admiral’s face. “You gave me a diseased ship. You’re sending me on a clean-up mission with no information and no leads, and you didn’t have the honor to tell me that this was your planet. Honor is admitting your faults first and then doing what you can to fix them.” Orin chuckled, but it felt dark.” 0 likes