Start by marking “The Dark Side of Chemistry” as Want to Read:
The Dark Side of Chemistry

The Dark Side of Chemistry

A dangerous serum. A deadly enemy. A suffocating secret.

I didn’t know it was possible to be in love with two people at the same time, until my past and present collided.

Jensen was unpredictable and compelling, until he shattered my heart when he was deployed.

Trent is loving and dependable, and I can easily envision a future in his arms.

I had no way to know the two were
Paperback
Published December 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Side of Chemistry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dark Side of Chemistry

Start your review of The Dark Side of Chemistry
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic THE DARK SIDE OF CHEMISTRY: Is a full length standalone romance novel by new to me author Ryleigh Sloan. Spoken in third person POVs (The two brother’s Trent & Jensen plus Skyla).Image and video hosting by TinyPicThis is going to be a no frills review as I don't want to give away too many spoilers, just go in blind, enjoy the roller coaster of emotions that will have you riding high on a roller coaster. Easy to get into, hard to put down.

Skyla isn't wet behind the ears when it comes to the military lifestyle, her
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
4 love triangle stars!!

This is a story about love, loss and betrayal.

What happens when you realize the girl who got away is now the girl your brother is in love with?!?!

Crazy I went into this book in love with one brother and then midway I switched it up. I fell hard for the other brother. I totally understand Skyla!! I would be right in the middle of that triangle too!!

Ok so I am usually the girl who won’t read a book with a love triangle. But the few I have read have not been so bad so I
Taylor Graham
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gosh. This book is phenomenal. So many twists and turns, TDSOC definitely takes you on a wild ride!!! The obstacles these characters face keeps you on the edge of your seat through the whole book. There’s literally no “boring” moments in this book. You feel so many emotions. Don’t get me started on Trent and Jensen. Whew! *fans self* those brothers are sooo hot! And both their connections to Skyla is so amazingly written. (No this is not a ménage romance) I don’t want to go too much into ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
It has been a long time since a book has sucked me in, grasped me in its clutches and refused to let go until the last page was read. I carried this book everywhere because I could NOT put it down!

From the first page, I was drawn in, feeling uneasy as to what was going to happen and I was not disappointed! It was a roller-coaster of emotions with so much suspense I felt my heart pounding at times! I was frustrated, on edge, heartbroken and healed all within the span of these pages and it was
Stacy Curiale
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book 10 days ago and I am still struggling to find the words to write a review, but I’m just going to give it go. LOL

Holy crap is really all I can say, I was drawn to this book from the first page. This book is full of love, heartbreak, and suspense. I couldn’t put it down I was so sucked in.

I laughed, I cried, I hurt right along with these characters I felt their love and their pain as this author has such a way with words.

I highly recommend reading this book, as it is very
Rubi
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is absolutely nowhere to start with the review for this book. I went in thinking it was going to be a sweet read where there was turmoil in the heroine between which brother she had stronger feelings for. What I actually got was a roller coaster of emotions, shock after shock with all the plot twists and a deeper love for Ryleigh Sloan's writing. Yes, I cried, swooned, laughed, may have screamed and all the other things you can think off all with this one book.

So if you're in the mood for
Andrea Morgan
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every now and then a book comes along that just simply blows you away ......this is one of those books!!!!

I went into this book knowing only that it was a love triangle ,which i love! but wow this is not your average love triangle it is sooooooooooo much more.
You are gripped from the start with a love between trent and sky that is so beautiful its what we all strive to achieve,but nothing is as it seems.
This is a heartbreaking story of..
Deep love
Longing
Lust
Devastation and Ultimate betrayal

I
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book... I don't know that I have the words right this very moment...

I took a chance with a new author with The Dark Side of Chemistry. I am so glad that I did. This book had me riveted for over 6 hours!! Yes, it is a very thick book. But it took my heart on an adventure that I didn't expect. These characters are well written and will capture your heart!

I am so glad that I took a chance with this one. This will not be my last Ryleigh Sloan book!

* More to come on this review. I just need to
Jodie
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

In Short
- The story line took me by surprise in so many ways, so many times.
- I liked Skyla and her interactions with her friends.
- Both Trent and Jenson are perfect in different ways.

In Long
This book took me totally by surprise in such a perfect way. Wow !!

This sort of book really needed to be written with care and thought because I think this story line can be one which either works or leaves the reader feeling frustrated about the relationships. Ryleigh
Jenn Turnham
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a roller coaster! Had me on the edge of my seat. I wanted to throw my kindle a few times and maybe I said a few cuss words when it hit twist I did not see coming! This book has all the emotions, love, trust, happiness, anger, fear, betrayal and forgiveness. This book can be in so many different sub-genres, military, second chance, contemporary and suspense. (There is a few more but that would be a spoiler) I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!
JL Roberts
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
***Arc was given by author for an honest review***

Thrilling and angsty, this one had me flipping the pages to see how this little love triangle would end and if they would beat the evil doer. I must say I hate the female name but liked the character though at times I did want to smack some sense into her. Jensen and Trent...Yummmy! I feel her struggle. Jensen has that military bad boy down and Trent is the ultimate lovey hot/good boy. Great read!
Sharon
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an introduction to a new author this book is! The plot is one full of suspense, intrigue, emotions, friendship, betrayal, lust and love. Skyla is a very strong woman and the female lead character in this novel, she’s torn romantically between two brothers, both of whom are adorable in their own ways. I was drawn in quickly by this book and fascinated till the very end wondering what was going to happen next. An enjoyable read.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Michelle
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap on a cracker this book keeps you on the edge of your seat to the very last page!! I Loved The Dark Side of Chemistry,and I love Ryleigh for writing such an awesome book, I'm also mad at her for writing such an awesome book...cause it ended!!!I'm not gonna say much about characters,because I want you to read this book the way I did, pretty much knowing nothing...I will say, DSOC gives you all the feels, and is one of those books that will stay with you for a very long time. I am ...more
Maxine Brown
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was gifted this book from voracious readers and I thought it was brilliant. I expected a fairly standard love story with a hint of steaminess about it but it was definitely much more. The chemistry was palpable and I did not know how the story would play out, it kept me intrigued right until the end.
Candace Mel
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my heart

Ryleigh!!!! I cannot express how much I LOVED this book! I was hooked from the beginning and it just kept getting better and better. Talk about being on the edge of your seat...I’m pretty sure I fell off a few times. And don’t even get me started on the ugly crying! Just WOW!!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS!
Her Adventures  In Reading
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryleigh hit it out of the park!!! This book made me cry, get angry, swoon... All the feels!! It had twists, turns and really was an amazing read! Please don't hesitate to scoop this book up, I guarantee you'll love it too!
Claire Davis
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I have given The Dark Side of Chemistry five out of five stars This book is for adults due to the passionate, steamy scenes and the language used.Ryleigh Sloan has done it once again. The rollercoaster type emotions I experienced throughout reading this book were insane. The twists and turns really caught me off guard and I found myself gasping a whole lot and laughing at some parts too. This book is full of suspense, passion, love, betrayal ...more
ANNE but not Hathaway
If I could give this book a 6-stars, I would.

What a journey Ryleigh Sloan has put in this book!

I didn't even know the ending I want until this author gave it to me.

It was everything I wanted and more. I have to be very vague about my review, I apologize for that, but I just don't want to take away the experience from you. And you need to experience this book.

This wasn't an easy read. And not because it wasn't good. It was perfect.

The chemistry between all three main characters was very
Ariadna Basulto
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After meeting and having a fling with a handsome marine Jensen, Skyla is left heartbroken after he is suddenly and quickly ordered to deploy. Since his return is unknown they break things off and both agree to move on. A few months later she meets Trent and they quickly fall for each other only for Skyla to discover that Trent and Jensen are brothers. Now it’s three years later and that secret is becoming harder and harder to keep. But when Trent is deployed on a sensitive mission along side his ...more
2OCC Reviews
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: jessica
This is my first book by this author and I’m not sure how I feel. I loved the plot with the military, the twists and turns that were thrown out way but to me it felt more like a suspense then a romantic suspense. We have a love triangle but at the same time it’s not. I don’t really like that is a spoiler and of it is I’m in advance.

The romance just wasn’t there for me. I didn’t feel the love between the characters and then when the “hero” was a jerk there was no big grand gesture to prove him
heareads
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cheating, angst, forbidden
This is my first read from this author and wow! She blew me away. Her writing consumed me and the angst! Aaagh. At parts I had to keep putting my kindle down I couldn’t take it!

I don’t want to give too much away so I’ll try to go around it but if you don’t mind reading about cheating and a love triangle you will love this book, it’s not just about that though, so I would urge you to dive in!

Skyla, Trent and Jensen are all equally likable characters who you will love and at times hate from what
Misty
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Side of Chemistry is everything and so much different then anything I've read. There is some much I can say about this book. It will hook you in after the very first couple of pages. It's packed with a little bit of everything, thrilling suspense that will keep you flipping the pages, to love and betrayal. It really does pack one hell of a suspensful punch after another!

Skyla is such a relatable and likeable character, I really loved her. You really feel for her as she's stuck with some
Owen O'Neill
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's not often I'm at a loss for words when I choose to review a book, but I am here. The Dark Side of Chemistry is an extraordinary story that took me on an emotional roller coaster such as I've rarely experienced. The story immersed me completely, and I got deeply involved with the people in it. They really deserve to be called that, not characters. And as the plot deepened and twisted, all I could think was, there is no way this is going to be saved. But I couldn't let the story go, and it ...more
BookLover
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is amazeballs!!! GO. READ. IT. TODAY!!

This story. These characters. I totally connected. It has suspense. It has sexiness. It has betrayal. It has EVERYTHING you love in romance books. I felt sad, happy, shocked, upset and all emotions possible. The author ties all kinds of situations together up in one big present you unravel a layer at a time. She captures all of your attention with beautiful words and situations you never dream of when you start this book.

I usually give a summary
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This story is AMAZING! I could not get enough of it. When it was done I didn't want it to end because I wanted more from these three. Yes I said because this is a love triangle story that will have you at the edge of your seat wondering what is going to happen next. I kept coming back to the fact that the two men she was in love with were brothers yes you heard me brothers. One was good and one was bad so I wanted to see who she was going to chose.

Skyla is in love with two men Trent and Jensen.
JoAnna Edger
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OHHHH MYYYY GOOOODDDDD!!!!!! Is my response to this book! ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!!!

Soooo many times did I cuss the characters and fall in and out of love with them!!!
I was kept on my toes just needing to continue reading because i needed answers!

I started this book with a discussion group with the intentions of only reading 3 chapters a day which is why it took me 6 days to read this... lets just say they will be reading for probably another week minimum and I finished it tonight because once
KSWEAR79
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it

Trent & Skyla in love, Trent is deployed on a mission he is working on and injured in the line of duty ending the mission. Upon returning home a breach is found and Skyla goes to a ball as a decoy with Jensen a man she had a brief affair with before Trent. They are given the serum that’s part of the mission and it enhances the front running emotion. Finding the truth because a life & death situation with many obstacles along the way to the truth and closure. This was a quick read that
Alicia Harrietha
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A love triangle at its best. This standalone by Ryleigh Sloan hit all the right spots with the heartstrings for me. Skyla started to fall for a man that ended up leaving her for a deployment. She moved on, met another that captured her heart only to realize later he is the brother of the one that left. This secret will plague her and make her question so many different area of her life. I can honestly say I fell for both brothers as well and I will keep my choice a secret. Great story, wonderful ...more
Theresa Doherty
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a cracking story, no let up on the thrills and spills in every page, this takes secrets and lies to a new level, Skype can't forget the guy she met Jensen and spent a short time with, then she met Trent and put Jensen behind her until Trent is deployed and meets up with Jensen his brother, with a storyline to make you tremble and characters you want as friends this is a must read.

Lisa Louise
My first book by this author, i love how its written and i enjoyed reading this book but something was missing from it for me.

It needed more angst and passion between Trent, Skyla and Jensen. That being said i loved the secondary characters and would like to read more about them and how Trents life turns out.

Love triangle with a military plot.

I see great potential in this has a series.

• What are the Chances
  • Under a Different Sky (Hand Over My Heart Duet, #1)
  • Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things Trilogy, #1)
  • The Truth about Heartbreak
  • The Man I Need (Ward Duet, #2)
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • When We Fall (Rocky Falls #1)
  • Ache
  • The Truth about Tomorrow
  • The Man I Can't Have (Ward Duet, #1)
  • Hush, Hush
  • Wrecked (Willow Creek Book 2)
  • Boys That Tease (Lords of Wildwood, #1)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Misbehaved (The Adamson Family, #4)
  • Always There (Always Series: Book 2)
  • Inhale, Exhale (Hollow Ridge, #1)
Ryleigh Sloan is a romance author with a masters degree in being an indecisive control freak. Her favorite pastime is driving her friends crazy by writing multiple books at once.

Following the advice of established authors to read, read, read in order to hone one’s craft she does just that and engrosses herself in as many romance novels as she can get her hands on. Her bad habit of writing more