Start by marking “Tell Me Goodnight” as Want to Read:

Tell Me Goodnight

Tessa Lang has dreams of becoming the world's next great author of horror novels. So, when she's given the opportunity to write full-time, she sets out to do just that.

There's just one little problem.

She'
Kindle Edition
Published May 24th 2019

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: May 24, 2019
    Enter to win a Kindle copy of Tell Me Goodnight, the new contemporary romance novel from Kelsey Kingsley.

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 20 copies available, 333 people requesting

Giveaway dates: May 24 - Jun 05, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me Goodnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me Goodnight

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
    description

description

This is a standalone romance, BUT - I would suggest you read the other books in the series first. Start with Daisies & Devin and then The Life We Wanted! Those guys are in here - not a lot, but still. You don't want to miss those stories!!!!

Jon has always been struggling in his life as a piano player and song writer. He plays in his brother's bar every night to at least make a bit of money. He wanted to make it big in the music business, but it hasn't happened. Yet. His wife always believed
    L.J. Evans
    Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    All of Kelsey Kingsley's books have moved me beyond belief. Tessa and Jon's story is no different. Heartbreakingly sad but uplifting at the same time. You will cherish each moment and adore Tessa's grandmother, and write down all the little pearls of wisdom grandma shares.

Another must read by Kelsey!
    Paulette
    May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Did you ever open a book and know immediately you were going to love it? That this book was going to pull you all the way in wether or not you wanted it to or not? Did you also know that your emotions were in for a roller coaster of a ride? Yet, you kept going? Prepared to be breathless by the end of said ride (book)? Yup, that’s this book. I’m only at 13% and I had to stop to write this part of my review. I am already invested into the attention of the finer details of Tessa and what she is pic ...more
    Kelsey
    May 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
    AVAILABLE NOW ON KINDLE UNLIMITED
    $2.99 for a limited time!

BookAddict
    May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    First of all, read the note from the author at the beginning of this book, because, WOW. And yes, Ms. Kingsley, this is definitely one of those books for me. I flew through the pages, all the while trying desperately to draw out the reading, to dwell in the emotion, to savor living in these words, and hoping upon hope that it would never end. Kingsley isn’t simply an author. She's a poet and a master composer, and her words plucked the chords of my heart in a beautiful, haunting, unforgettable s ...more
    Bree Shearer
    May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    "Tell me you love me and tell me goodnight."

Cue the crying. The ugly face, massive tears, and deep sobbing crying.

So rarely have I ever read a book in which I was completely engrossed by the end of the prologue. Kelsey has truly written a work of art. This story immediately grabs your heart and holds it hostage until the very last word.

I experienced every emotion under the sun reading this story.

Tess is everything you wish you could be. She is strong and resilient. She finds the silver linings
    B. C. Booklover
    May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Kelsey Kingsley has become an author I can't get enough of since I read The Life We Wanted (I'll never forget that story or Sebastian!) and then on to Daisies and Devin (out of order, I know!). Tell Me Goodnight is the 3rd book in this connected series and once again, she has floored me with her talent for writing from her heart straight into mine, wringing a full gamut of emotions out of me every single time. The story behind the title was so sweet, touching and it weaves its way throughout the ...more
    W. Charron
    May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I had to process for a minute before I could write this. I was the oldest of three girls raised by a single Daddy, so my heart y’all♥ (my Daddy died in 2010)I needed first off to condense this, so I didn’t write a novel myself about all the things I loved about this book. I also don’t want to give away any spoilers, because I think everyone should enjoy this book in its truest form, and that’s to go into it as I did. Only knowing what the blurb told me. Tell Me Goodnight is the heartbreakingly b ...more
    Elizabeth Sanders
    May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    If I could give more than a 5 star rating, I totally would. This novel needs all the stars. 💖

- Tell me you love me and tell me Goodnight.

"This is the story of how I fell in love with a broken man and his three little princesses. It is tragic, but it is true. And with truth, there is always tragedy."

Grab your tissues, you are definitely going to need them.
    This is another beautiful, beautiful! novel written by Kelsey Kingsley. I was lucky enough to get an ARC copy of this novel: and I have cried
    Dana
    May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I first read Tell Me Goodnight as a beta read. I knew then that Ms. Kingsley had another 5-star read.

I thrive on emotional stories....they are really the ones I gravitate towards. TMG was all that and more. My emotions played out right beside Tess and Jon’s. Jon’s story gave me the heartbreak I craved.....plus his three little girls gave me the heartwarming feels that I also needed.

Tell Me Goodnight is another representation of how Ms. Kingsley can build a story of love, sadness, and rebirth.
    Bella
    May 23, 2019 added it
    I have loved Kelsey Kingsley's writing since her first release, and each book has been better than the last. This one truly touched me in a profound way. The writing is exquisite, the story poignant, the characters colourful and beautifully flawed. I laughed so many times, shed a copious number of tears, and was absolutely devastated and thrilled simultaneously when the story came to an end. A fabulous book that should be on your list of books to cancel plans for.
    Kerrie Campbell
    May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
    I actually Won this ARC and read it days ago so im a bit behind.
    This was my first book by this author and i have to say it was good written well and the storyline was sweet but sad.
    I do prefer to read dark romance books with plenty of angst and fuckeduppery but this was actually nice change of style and pace for me!
    Sheila
    May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Kingsley wrote my favorite book of 2019 in January, and I wondered how long it would stay at the top. Well, she now holds my top two spots of the year.

I am a reader, not a writer. I cannot do this book justice, but I will try.

Tell Me Goodnight is a sincerely emotional love story. It gives as much it takes. Jon and Tess are both stuck in unhappy places. Jon is two years into his grief of losing his wife, continuously floundering music career, and single dad of three little girls. Tess is spinnin
    Reading Addict
    May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    "This is the story of how I fell in love with a broken man and his three little princesses. It is tragic, but it is true. And with truth, there is almost always tragedy."

Tell Me Goodnight is a beautiful love story. Kelsey Kingsley gives us heartache and happiness, loss and laughter, endings and new beginnings. If you're looking for some rock band party book, this isn't it. This story is about as real as you can get to real life. Tessa Lang is a young aspiring writer taking care of her aging gran
    Zilpha Owens
    May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    4.5 Tea & Tiaras Stars

That opening prologue grabbed me and I just knew the ride would be bumpy. But the best part was knowing that with those bumps, Tell Me Goodnight was going to take me on a beautiful journey and that the path to happiness isn’t always an easy one but so worth the fight.

Jon O’Dell is a sweet, loving man. His need to be a good father and provider is evident. His feelings of sadness and guilt are so acute, but his devotion to his daughters was abundant. Tessa Lang is a care
    Andrea
    May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    After a couple of days of processing, trying to figure out who my favorite character was, and what I liked best about this book, I am no closer to having the answers than I was while reading. Grandma Lang was my favorite. A once best selling author who traveled the world is now in declining health. She wants the best for her granddaughter, Tess, a struggling author "to be" if she could ever just finish her first book. Tess was also my favorite for a million tiny reasons that spoke so highly of h ...more
    INITIAL IMPRESSION: It's the middle of the night and I just finished this beautiful book. Not sure I can put into words how much I enjoyed it, but I did. Jon and Tess and those three little ladies are going to stay with me for a long while.

UPDATE (the morning after): Spent ten minutes reading sentimental and faith-in-humanity-restoring memes on the internet, so now my heart is full, my cheeks are damp, and I'm back in the right frame of mind to review this book. Jon O'Dell is adorable. He is als
    Debbie
    Shelves: books-read-2019
    If I could give it more than 5* then I would! This has heartbreak and love throughout, with characters that unknowingly bring the best out of each other, but won’t admit their feelings to the other!

Tess is looking after her grandmother who was, a best selling novelist, and a hero in her granddaughters eyes! She aspires to be just like her author grandmother, but it’s a struggle!

Jon is a heartbroken piano playing widower and father of three gorgeous girls all under the age of 6! He plays in his
    SCBookAddict
    May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
    "So, tell me you love me and tell me goodnight."

Kelsey does it again! She has this ability to tell unique stories that makes you feel!

Tell Me Goodnight is a story of taking chances, learning to let go, and living for the moment.

Tessa meets Jon and his daughters by chance and a wonderful, emotional story unfolds.

Jon and Tess are similar in spirit. One has lost something precious and the other is preparing for a great loss. They learn to lean on each other and develop a bond in the process.

Whi
    Nicole Ortiz
    May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
    "So, tell me you love me and tell me goodnight."

This is the first book I have read from this author and I loved it. A beautiful story. Heartbreaking sad but uplifting too. Two characters Tessa and Jon struggling day by day and a chance meeting from a conversation with a little girl dressed like a princess and a meddling brother. They are each other's muses. A heartwarming story with wonderful and adorable characters. There are two characters in the book that have their own story Devin and Sebast
    Nicole Chu
    May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Tell Me Goodnight is an outstanding masterpiece and resonates in my soul. Once again Kelsey’s books become a piece of my heart!
    This book is real life and what happens when you get stuck. Jon was in a rut and Tess came along and showed him the world again. Together their found the Muse that had been escaping them.
    I cried as hard as I smiled at the beauty of this book.
    It was perfect in so many ways!

Also Harriet was so having Kobe Michael vibes (if you don’t know the reference go check out Bounty C
    Donna Ladd
    May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Jon and Tess! OMG I loved this story so much. The little girls were perfect, and grandma was amazing. I didn’t think I could love this series anymore, but this installment is fantastic. My favorite by far!
    ROBIN RUIZ
    May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Wow! Just wow. So many, many emotions right now !
    This is the story of Jon and Tessa Jon is a young widower with three small girls Lilly , Shelly, and Annabelle.
    Tessa is his babysitter, friend and maybe the beginning of something new!
    This was such a great read with amazing characters, I promise I will never forget these little ladies !
    Kelsey Kingsley Thank you for the gift of this beautiful journey of second chances, heartbreak, of moving on and moving forward, and promises of the future!
    Amy Judkins
    Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: completed
    Well, this is my second time reading it through, so that tells you something! I really am always impressed when I read anything by Kelsey Kingsley because I enjoy her style so much!
    Donna
    May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    A widowed father and his 3 young daughters find a way to make it through life...with the help of a newly hired babysitter who comes into their lives at the right time.  You can read more about the summary of the book on Amazon or Goodreads, usually I would give more detail, however, I am here to tell you what this book is truly, sincerely about.

Every line in this book is damn near quotable.  Every.  Line.  The magic felt in this book was unreal and tears sprang to my eyes numerous times througho
    Angela's Book Addiction
    Tell Me Goodnight by Kelsey Kingsley is an emotional, slow burn, contemporary romance told in first person, dual POV. It's a standalone that takes place in the same world as Daisies & Devin and The Life We Wanted. Although it's not necessary to have read them first, I highly recommend it because they're outstanding stories with wonderful characters that make appearances in subsequent books.

Jon O'Dell is a struggling pianist, songwriter, single parent of three little girls, and grieving
    Kelly Greer
    May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Recommends it for: Romance lovers, Moms, Dads, Caregivers, EVERYONE
    Tell Me Goodnight is the book you didn't know you needed to read. It breaks your heart and mends it back together. The words are so beautiful. The advice given the characters is so applicable to everyone's life.

I feel like I need prints of some quotes from this book. And maybe real life people singing the songs. Even thinking of this book, I tear up, and I finished it days ago. I didn't even realize I could like a book that made me tear up in every chapter, but I really really do.

TMG is a page
    Katia Hatter
    May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I have been a fan of Kelsey Kingsley since her first book, "Holly Freakin' Hughes", and I can honestly say that each book she writes is better than the last...and I'm not sure how that's possible.

Tell Me Goodnight is the story of Jon and Tessa. Tessa is a young woman searching for her inspiration so that she can achieve her dream of being a published author like her famous, and now elderly, grandmother, for whom she is her live-in caregiver. Jon is a widower with three young daughters, a struggl
    May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Kelsey Kingsley has become one of my absolute favourite and automatic go-to author’s since I was lucky enough to read The Life We Wanted earlier this year. I shall never forget that story or Sebastian. Kelsey Kingsley has again stunned me with her gift for writing straight from the heart. She truly has a gift with words. Anybody can string a bunch of words together, but Kelsey is one of the rare few who can breathe life into them. The sentiment behind the title of this book was so enchanting, to ...more
    Zoe
    Kelsey Kingsley
    “This is the story of how I fell in love with a broken man and his three little princesses. It’s tragic, but it is true...”
    Jon is a single dad to three beautiful little handfuls of girls. Tess is an aspiring writer, just the horror novels she wishes she could write allude her.
    Jon is buried in an unconventional job, the piano man in his brother’s bar, guilt of being alive and the everyday hurdles of family life are crushing his spirit.
    “It wasn’t unlike opening
    « previous 1 3 4 next »
    When I was a wee lassie, I was told by my preschool teachers that I was a natural at storytelling. When I was just a little older than that, an old friend's mother said to me, "Kelsey, one day your books are going to be on the shelves at the library."

Well, Diane, I don't know if my books are ever going to be on the shelves of libraries, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

When I'm not writing stor