Start by marking “Waiting for Willa (Big Sky, #3)” as Want to Read:
Waiting for Willa (Big Sky, #3)

Waiting for Willa

(Big Sky #3)

Waiting for Willa

From New York Times Bestselling Author Kristen Proby comes the newest installment in her beloved Big Sky Series…

Max Hull left Cunningham Falls a long time ago. Thanks to his killer instincts and business smarts, he’s come back to town richer than anyone’s wildest imagination. Now he’s closer to his family, living in his dream home, and at the top of hi
Published February 5th 2019 by Ampersand Publishing, Inc.

Start your review of Waiting for Willa (Big Sky, #3)
Sabrina
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Waiting for Willa has been a highly anticipated book on my tbr since I was first introduced to these characters. Max and Willa had a complicated relationship that started as high school sweethearts and led to them being enemies. Now, years later, Max is back in his hometown with Willa, and she's finally at a place in her life where she isn't placing blame on Max for the tragedies she's gone through.

I thought these two made a super sweet couple and I loved getting t
DJ Sakata
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

I just had to have an eight-year-old show me how to drive a car. Is it too early for wine?

He looks at you like you’re a new computer… And that’s pretty great, because he loves his computers.

Oh, honey, this isn’t drama. Have you seen The Bachelor? That’s drama.

I want you to know that I like you. I respect you. And if you hurt my sister, my brother is the chief of police, I have more money than God himself, and I can make your death look like an accident.

“Why didn’t you call me whe
Claire Robinson
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "For now and always..." Stars!

The third book in Kristen Proby’s Big Sky series, gives us single mother and widower Willa Monroe’s story. Max Hull has returned to Cunningham Falls after almost a decade away, and is determined to try and win back the girl he let get away, problem is it was his best friend that caught her, and his accidental death is something that he blames himself for.

I haven’t done this in years. I’m not even sure what this is… Flirting?

Once again the author gave me a
Gi's Spot Reviews

4 'Gift of Joy and Love' Stars

Waiting for Willa truly shows how powerful, emotionally and realistically a second chance romance can be in Kristen Proby's words. Willa and Max's story was in the most beautiful ways the definition of a second chance!

I've been anxiously awaiting for these two's story after the very first book of this spin off series that I love so much. When it was shown their background and how Willa moved on after the pain Max cause her by leaving when they were young, and built
Lyndy Ann ♫
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Waiting for Willa was an enjoyable read, nice and sweet and I liked Max, Willa and little Alex, it was also fun to catch up with some old friends from Cunningham Falls.

I felt that some of this story was rushed the story jumped forward a few times and what was going on with her car not being fixed??? I think she uses “frown” too much 40 times in this one or it is a word that just annoys me as I mentioned this in a previous review.

I have read all of Kristen’s books this being number 37 and even t
Michelle
Max was so worth the wait.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I've been looking forward to this book for a while. I've been dying for a bit of Max since the first book in the series Charming Hannah. Max as been a bit of a mystery I knew he was close to his family but the big question was what has happened with Willa. There was sexual tension between them and he is a great guy so I really wanted to know more about there history. I could see that they were great together and if Max was near me i'd be very happy. This guy is sex
Izzie d
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: second-chance
Second chance romance.
No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
No cheating.
HEA.
Cami
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

This is the third book in The Big Sky series and the first one I have read.

Max and Willa were high school sweethearts and had planned to be together for the long haul but then Max decided to leave for college and wanted to make a life elsewhere. In the meantime Willa married Max’s best friend Cary.

Willa was widowed at a young age and was a single mom to Alex. This is a sweet story of second chance love with little angst. I did feel that maybe Willa was a bit unreasonable with her grud
Big Joe  Rossi
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willa Monroe and Max Hull were childhood sweethearts, dreams of a forever. That is until they realized Max dreamed of leaving and making a name for himself and Willa was happy to stay in their small town and do the same. He goes, she is heartbroken. When he pulls his head out of his ass he learns he is too late, she is dating his best friend Cary, when he goes back for 1st time in 5 yrs, she is pregnant, they are married. A ski trip will destroy everything.

Now years later, he has moved back. Ma
Rejane
Kim
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Willa Monroe is a single mom to an almost nine year old and now runs her own clothing store in Cunningham Falls. She grew up there and despite some heartbreaking events, it is still her home and the small town makes her happy.

Max Hull was her first love, but he could not wait to leave the small town for college and to make something of himself. And by the time he planned to return for her, she had already moved on. And his coming back led to a chain of events that were not his fault, but he stil
Pam Nelson
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story; Willa and Max find each other again. Second chances are my all-time favorite listens.

I like that it didn’t feel forced their relationship has a past and they didn’t tiptoe around it. They dealt with it like adults and worked through it.

They also don’t just leap into something serious, it was give and take. Even with books this length or shorter I find authors have a hard time not rushing the story but I didn’t find that to be the case at all it felt right.

Sigh, they deserv
Ally.Always.Reads
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t blown away by this one but I definitely enjoyed it.
After reading Charming Hannah, Willa’s was the story I was looking forward to most... so I went rogue! I skipped Jenna and Brooke and just dove into this one. BLASPHEMY!

I liked it better than CH. I thought there was more to it.
She’s a single mom, widow. Max was her childhood sweetheart. Her late husband was Max’s best friend. There was just more to this one... am I making any sense?

It was a quick and easy read. And it’s a complete sta
Amy
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Sweet and Swoon-Worthy Stars!

Waiting for Willa had my heart from the very first page. From the moment I read the prologue, I found myself near tears and heartbroken. I knew Willa’s story was going to be a special one and I couldn’t wait to explore it further.

Waiting for Willa follows the story of Willa and Max. Willa and Max were childhood sweethearts and had the kind of love that dreams were made of. However, life took them down two very different paths and tore them apart. While Willa may ha
Iman
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was kinda predictable, like I honestly cannot hell if something happened...I guess it makes the story « realistic » in a sense that the usual romance over the top drama can often be too much, so this one is different.
MiDouradoP
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some people are worth waiting for!

I always love this author's stories and characters. They are sweet, funny, they deal with every day problems and they melt our heart.

And this book wasn't different. This is a standalone, that is also a part of the Big Sky series, and now we learn more about Willa and Max's story.

It's a second chance romance for more than one reason. Once high school sweethearts, they parted ways when Cunningham Falls became too small for Max.

It broke both Max and Willa'
Jenn Amy
WOW! My heart didn’t expect all the feels this one gave me! Max and Willa had to overcome a lot to get their HEA and what a journey it was. Max and Willa were childhood sweethearts but circumstances change the course of their relationship and they haven’t spoke for 8 years.

Willa is a single mom to a 9 year old boy and successful business owner of a clothing boutique in Cunningham Falls. Max comes back into her life determined to put things right between he and Willa. Max is driven, successful a
Rachel
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Max Hull left Cunningham Falls after high school, intending to make a name for himself. Returning home felt only natural after he reached his goals, and knowing Willa was there only drew him home more.

Willa Monroe stayed in Cunningham Fall, but carries hurt for all the people she feels left her. As a single mom, her focus is on her son and her business. There has never been time or interest in dating as Willa heals from her grief.

But even though it seems these two should be able to fall into t
Manoela
4.5 Stars

I hadn't read a book by this author in a while, and here in Waiting for Willa I remembered why I like her books so much. Kristen Proby's books are pure romance and I love the way she writes her story.

Here we have the story of Max and Willa who were the first love of each other, but choices of life made their ways separate. Life followed and Willa married with Max's best friend, and a few years pregnant had to bury her husband.Eight years passed Max is a millionaire who returns to live
Jessica
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A second chance romance has never been sweeter or sexier. It’s official this is my favorite book in the Big Sky series so far! I’ve loved every book in every series but something about this particular book resonates on such a deep level with me. I had tears during the Prologue and in the Epilogue and even a few throughout the book. That’s never happened to me before! The writing in Waiting for Willa is some of Kristen’s best ever and I’m so grateful I went on this journey with her.

My heart ache
Tracey Jerald
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for Willa and Max’s story forever. It was so worth it. This story was everything I hoped for and nothing quite like I expected — which is exactly how a story coming from the unstoppable Kristen Proby usually winds up being.

Studiously avoiding Max Hull since he has been back in Cunningham Falls because of a yet-to-be disclosed past, widower Willa Monroe tries to live her life without acknowledging the loneliness she feels even with wonderful family, friends, and a thriving bu
giulia_arg
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is the classic case of “it’s not you it’s me”
I didn’t enjoy this book.
I found it predictable and i didn’t care for the the characters at all.

The H and the h allegedly were high school sweethearts and had this great love but i couldn’t grasp the greatness from what i’ve read.

I also found annoying how many times it was repeated that Max was rich, ok we get it.. no need to repeat it 100 times.

The H left to go to college and she married his best friend and had a baby with him ( totally hated
Karen
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet sweet story...not much anguish but lots of love...second chance kind.
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waiting on Willa https://amzn.to/2E5NMlM by Kristen Proby is 5 star Top Pick of 2019......

Yes I am staying that in February... but I loved, love this one. It is a true is a MUST CLICK...

Ms Proby delivers pure romance and passion and deep emotions and well just WOW all the way around

I am going to write this review revealing NOTHING more than the blurb because TRUST me... you are going to want to live this story as Ms Proby masterfully tells it!

I will say this book is likely best appreciated after
Ruthie Taylor
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4,5*s of indulgent second chance romance

This is the third in the series - and I highly recommend that you read them in order for the full experience of the goodness that is to be found in Cunningham Falls. We catch up with all our friends from previous books, and get to enjoy a significant defrosting in the situation between Max and Willa.

This story starts with the tragedy which left pregnant Willa a widow, eight years
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
Very hard pass.
(view spoiler)
Sarah M
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Too Charming and Sweet

So there wasn't anything particularly wrong with this book. It was written well and Max and Willa were unbelievably sweet together. They were saccharine and charming and just very lovely.

I guess I just needed a bit more drama or something. It was almost too easy of a read. I know that shouldn't detract from how good the book is.

If you want a sweet read that has a darling couple with hardly any drama that is just good to its core then this is right up your alley.
Louise BookbestiesUK
I've been waiting what feels forever to read Willas story- and in this one it really was Willa that was the selling point for me- the young widow with a child, confident and fun was exactly how she was described and for her character i wasn't disappointed.

For me it was Max who was the difficult one in this story- I felt even at the end we knew very little about him- he was such a closed book- I would have like to have known more about Max, the way he earned his living, how he earned his fortune
Treena
Mar 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Emma
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-wishlist
While I love Kristen Proby’s Big Sky series and the people who make up the heavenly Cunningham Falls; Waiting for Willa is a lot to wrap your head around. Or should I say it was for me because of the history between Willa and Max as well as Willa’s deceased husband, Cary.

For me, Max and Willa should have always been a couple, written in the stars, soul-deep bond, type of relationship stemming from their high school days. Be that as it may, Max had to prove himself and make something more of his

• Crazy Imperfect Love (Dirty Dicks #2.5; Big Sky #4.2)
  • Nothing Without You (Forever Yours, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.4)
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • All Stars Fall (Seaside Pictures, #3.5; Big Sky, #4.5)
  • Wicked Force (Wicked Horse Vegas, #4.5; Big Sky, #4.1)
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • Code Name: Genesis (Jameson Force Security, #1)
  • Drawn into Love (Fluke My Life, #4)
  • Legend (Arizona Vengeance, #3)
  • Only With You (The Connor Family, #4)
  • Code Name: Sentinel (Jameson Force Security, #2)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #2)
  • Things We Never Said (Hart's Boardwalk, #3)
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • Tinsel (Lark Cove, #4)
Kristen was born and raised in a small resort town in her beloved Montana. In her mid-twenties, she decided to stretch her wings and move to the Pacific Northwest, where she made her home for more than a dozen years.

During that time, Kristen wrote many romance novels and joined organizations such as RWA and other small writing groups. She spent countless hours in workshops, and more mornings than

Big Sky (4 books)
  • Charming Hannah (Big Sky, #1)
  • Kissing Jenna (Big Sky, #2)
  • Soaring with Fallon (Big Sky, #4)