Start by marking “Blackquest 40” as Want to Read:
Blackquest 40

Blackquest 40

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Deb Bollinger has no time for corporate training.

Her company's top engineer at just twenty-seven, Deb has blocked off her day for the one project she truly cares about: the launch of Carebnb, an app that finds spare beds for the homeless. When she's told all employees must drop everything for some busywork exercise called Blackquest 40, it's an easy no.

Trouble is, her boss
Expected publication: May 15th 2019 by Jeff Bond

To ask other readers questions about Blackquest 40, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blackquest 40

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Justin
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Think 'Die Hard' meets 'Swordfish,' with a dash of 'WarGames' thrown in for good measure.

I absolutely loved and devoured this book. I seriously considered being late to work so I could finish it this morning, but my responsible adult side won out and I waited until this evening to finish it. I first read Jeff Bond's The Winner Maker as an ARC from NetGalley and enjoyed the mystery and quasi-Harlan Coben style of writing.

Mr. Bond reached out to me via email and told me I may be interested in Bl
Kevin
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second novels are tricky. A lot of times the premise holds great promise but ultimately fails to deliver. Other times a reader has high expectations and the novel doesn't quite satisfy. And then there's what occasionally happens, as it did with BLACKQUEST 40. I read the premise, liked it well enough to request a copy based on how much I liked THE WINNER MAKER, and attempted to keep my expectations low. I needn't have worried.

BLACKQUEST 40 starts out strong -- and, more importantly, finishes stro
Doug Yonce
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blackquest 40 is a thriller/hi-tech novel worthy of Tom Cruise or Bruce Willis except that the protagonist is a nerdy female. When all the employees of her high tech firm are locked in and shut off from the outside world for 40 hours, the subterfuge, the killings, the threats, the schemes all multiply in this new stand-alone from Jeff Bond
Maria-Anne
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This put a whole new spin on In-house training and team building. Deb Bollinger is a bit of a free spirit and has her own agenda to complete and that doesn't include been part of a forced training session no matter what they tell her. Been her company's top engineer it becomes critical that she becomes involved and the people running Blackquest 40 are going the have it their way no matter what. When Deb's boss who she admires returns from her trip in the middle of this crisis is she acting for t ...more
marilyn
George
Feb 17, 2019
Margarita Lara
Mar 20, 2019
Jeff Bond is the author of The Winner Maker and the forthcoming Blackquest 40. He lives in Michigan with his wife and two daughters—one of whom he shares his Kindle and Goodreads bookshelf with, if you're wondering—and belongs to the International Thriller Writers association.

As a student at Yale, I told friends I wanted to write a novel. I’d grown up racing through all the Clive Cussler and Marg