Start by marking “All We Were (Ex-Factor Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
All We Were (Ex-Factor Duet #1)

All We Were

(The Ex-Factor #1)

Will I ever stop hurting the one person who’s never hurt me?

I’ve done things I can never undo.

No matter how much I wish I could, sometimes the wounds I inflict are too deep, too catastrophic, too septic to heal.

As I look into the eyes of the only man I’ve ever loved I know I’ve gone too far. I’ve finally crossed the line.

Even if he knew my reason for doing this, he’d never
Published February 28th 2019

Start your review of All We Were (Ex-Factor Duet #1)
Olga therebelreader

I had a mixed reaction to this. On the plus side, the story was good and the author gave a great insight into Lilah’s character as well as capturing the struggles and failures that drug addicts must face every day of their lives. I did have some problems with the book, however. The romance skipped over so many crucial steps in the development of the relationship. Also, the main characters’ troubled past was underdeveloped and the reader can’t fully comprehend it. Despite these complaint
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Well, do I have a book recommendation for you. All We Were absolutely destroyed me. If you’re a fan of angsty, messy story lines that leave you with your palms sweaty and your heart a pounding mess, you need to grab this book and binge read it. Elisabeth Grace and Michelle Lynn rocked my world with this angstfest that doesn’t hold back AT ALL. It’s gritty and raw and intense and frustrating and sexy and hits on hard topics in a brutally honest way. I was blown away by every facet of thi
Dilek VT
A drug addict heroine who has sex with men for drugs - nope, thanks but no!

Riri
Feb 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
The story lacked one of the most important components a good book have - development.

NOPE, no development in the plot, not in the hero and definitely not in the self destructive heroine, which can take home the award for "MOST ANNOYING HEROINE".

The story had the same loop OVER AND OVER, the heroine messes up and the pathetic hero cleans up after her (not before he apologize for yet again her slutty/selfish/crappy/carzy/out-of-control behavior), that happy scenario went on and on and on AND ON un
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holy shit of an ending!!
I need book two right now.....
All We Were by Elisabeth Grace and Michelle Lynn is about an imperfect world filled with damaged people. It shows how hard Life can be and how it can effect us differently. It's about the past dictating the future...

Hollywood's on again off again, not so it couple, Jimmy Crawford & Lilah Robbie were far from perfect. They were real, raw and complicated. Their love story was NOT a fairytale.... Far from it!Sometimes love can not conquer all.
Coco.V
Apr 19, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (4/19/2020)! 🎁 ...more
Feb 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this one. I was intrigued by the story, the angst, the whole thing. Unfortunately, there's a difference between messy and destructive...and this was too far over that line for me.

DNF at 11%
Clare Harrison
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He's a movie star on a path to fame and fortune. She's a famous model struggling with life.

They share a past of darkness, of pain, and anguish, hurt and loss.

She's lost on a path of self destruction dragging him along to fix the devastation.

He's her forever white knight. Can he save her before she destroys him too.

What a sensational read! I feel emotionally drained and completely shattered now, but what an amazing start to the duet!

Their history broke me, brought me to their dark place and insta
Sjf
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a unique and page turning story that is full of angst. It kept me glued to my kindle and I forgot everything else I was supposed to do today...oops. Laundry and food shopping can wait until tomorrow, dinner will just be take out and there are still clean clothes in the house.

Lilah and Jimmy, gah and ugh and I need the next book...and stat. They have been friends since they were children and always had each other. He tries to protect her from the world and then herself...until he couldn’t
Kim
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m utterly speechless and emotionally drained from All We Were by Elisabeth Grace and Michelle Lynn. I had NO idea what I was getting myself into when I sat down to read this book but WOW! The story of Jimmy and Lilah packs such a punch, I just could not put this book down. I went from utter frustration with the characters to complete understanding of where they were coming from to just wanting all the best for both of them, however painful it may be. All We Were is such a heartbreaking story, ...more
Three Chicks
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book toyed with my emotions, pulled on my heart strings and left me with a major book hangover. From the moment I read the prologue and did not want to put this book down. I was captured and sucked in from the very start. There is angst, heartache, and a lot of raw and intense moments. And it was fantastic, flawlessly written and heartbreakingly beautiful and I cannot wait for more.

Lilah and jimmy have been best friends since they were kids. They grew up dirt poor in a small town in the mo
Lindsay
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an angsty read that will leave you an emotional mess. These two are just wow. I want Lilah to get it together because Jimmy a special guy, a good guy that keeps showing up for her. I can’t wait for book two!
The Smutbrarians
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Feels 4
Steam 1
Storyline 3
Overall Rating 3.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

Jimmy and Lilah have been in each other's lives just about as far back as they can remember. They have always looked out for each other growing up, though neither wanted to call the mountainside home. To them it was a place filled with horrible memories and a place where they both were forever changed by the hands of those that were supposed to protect them. So as soon as they were able they left togeth
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Incredible story, full of angst!
I absolutely loved this book and now I'm in a book hangover... cant stop thinking about Lilah and Jimmy, because I am so consumed by their story!

I hated Lilah. I truly did. Then sometime in the book, I started to love, appreciate and cheer for her. This is not usual for me, to dislike a character and love her in the end, but the authors did such a wonderful turnaround that you cant possibly not like Lilah after everything she went through.
Jimmy is just wonderful!
Melanie Cesa
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just wow! My heart. This is an emotional story filled with an overwhelming amount of hope and so much intense love. Elisabeth and Michelle do great in portraying not only what an addict goes through, but also those close to them. It hurts. It’s reality. It’s truth. To say Jimmy and Lilah’s journey has been tough, would be a huge understatement. They are survivors. That ending tore me in half, and I can’t wait for the next book to hopefully piece me back together. Fantastic writing!
J
KFForever
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

4.5 Stars ~ Reviewed by Emma-Louise on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

Emma
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-books
What did I just read? A romance or a train wreck, because this book could be described as both. It’s been quite some time since I read a book with two such highly relatable characters as Lilah and Jimmy. Friends since they were in diapers. Both raised by evil fathers. They were all each other had throughout their childhood. They did everything they could to make their dreams come true, eventually heading to Hollywood to pursue their respective careers.

They both left their pasts behind, only one
Avidez Literaria
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
“What we are to each other is far more complex and far more than one descriptor could ever encompass.”

A well written book that stirs controversial feelings. One of the most difficult reviews I've ever written. The story of Lilah and Jimmy is more complicated than the tabloids seem to know. With their childhoods and secrets they want to leave behind in the past, Jimmy and Lilah can not evolve. The relationship of the protagonists at the beginning becomes toxic.

“Reluctantly, I leave the bedroom, i
Love & Lavender Book Review
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 glorious stars!

What to say about this book...OMG I'm gutted. This emotional roller-coaster is completely captivating, soul wrenching, and written so beautifully. There's something so special about two people that are ingrained in each others' souls that no matter what, they can't let go.

Elisabeth Grace and Michelle Lynn (aka Piper Rayne) has a glorious writing style that captures every moment, either heartbreaking, romantic, or the happiest day of your life with a flawless energy. Each scene
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Though I have previously read Elisabeth Grace before, I have never read anything by this writing duo and let them tell you, I have been missing out. All We Were by Elisabeth Grace and Michelle Lynn blew me away. It was emotional, full of angst, and completely captivating. Lilah and Jimmy were a train wreck and I could not stop reading.

Jimmy and Lilah have been there for each other for as long as either of them can remember. They both had heartbreaking childhoods and have helped each other throu
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
WTF did I just read is my first reaction I had after reading this story. Then my next reaction is this is one of those books you love to hate but like a train wreck you have to keep reading to see what is going to happen next and when you do your like HOLY EFF what the hell did I just read because man what a train wreck our main character is. I know this is a duet but man that cliff hanger has me thinking it is going to be more bullshiz from the main character.

James is a big time movie star who
Lozzie
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All We Were by Elisabeth Grace and Michelle Lynn was not what I was expecting at all. It was heart rendering and so very emotional.

This novel touches on some heavy topics; abuse, addiction and the complication of relationships. It touches on this pretty hard. My heart was literally pounding reading this book. It was incredibly overwhelming and intense.

The relationship between Lilah and Jimmy was very complicated, and it was interesting to see the development of it; the mountains they had to leap
Cee Cee Houston
Wow! Just! Wow!

his is so not what I was expecting when I decided to read this new book by the co-authors behind Piper Rayne. It’s soo different to what they write as that duo, it’s like chalk and cheese.
Jimmy Crawford and Lilah Robbie were the off/on Hollywood couple who were as far from perfect as it was possible to get. These two have known each other since they were little kids and lived a he!!ish past. They escaped and made it to Hollywood and became stars. There world should have been fille
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
All We Were by Elisabeth Grace and Michelle Lynn was an emotionally raw and heartbreaking story that left me utterly speechless. Jimmy and Lilah’s emotional journey consumed every inch of my heart and it's still aching hours after devouring all the words. I can't even begin to describe how much I am eagerly anticipating the conclusion to the Ex-Factor Duet. There are so many unanswered questions and I don't know how much more my heart can handle
Melissa Schaub
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What?!?! No!! I need the second book like now!!! This book took all of my emotions, put them into a blender and then pulverized them. There was literally nothing in this whole book that didn’t have me anxiously waiting for the fallout. Both of these characters are broken in the most significant ways but somehow them being together is toxic yet healing.

This new up and coming Hollywood couple has been on and off for years. They suffered together as children and have been raised to only count on e
MsquaredBookBlog

Jo
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that this book has left me a little bit shell shocked.

Completely engrossing, this is a beautiful, if heart-wrenching, story of childhood friends and lovers.  The circumstances which led to their current situation is teased out throughout this volume; an integral strand to the story arc that plays out.

It is, I think, impossible not to make a connection to these characters.  Their feelings are so very raw and so alive on the pages that they are almost a tangible thing.

And, despite th
Tracy Hall
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thankfully book 2 comes out soon!
All We Were by Elisabeth Grace and Michelle Lynn is a realistic story of how hard life can be in the public eye. Jimmy Crawford is the next up and coming movie star, his childhood friend Lilah Robbie is a model. They have been off and on since they were teenagers and their relationship is anything but perfect. Both have a very troubled past and hope they are dealing with that past is dictating their future. This book made me both love and hate the characters and
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Stay with Me
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • Advice from a Jilted Bride (The Baileys #2)
  • Method
  • The Man I Can't Have (Ward Duet, #1)
  • Lessons from a One-Night Stand (The Baileys, #1)
  • Just Love
  • When the Walls Come Down
  • The Truth about Heartbreak
  • Over You
  • Sexy Filthy Boss (White Collar Brothers #1)
  • Choose Me
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Dirty Flirty Enemy (White Collar Brothers #2)
  • Wait For Me
USA Today Bestselling author, Elisabeth Grace, has a soft spot for romance novels with happily ever afters and a hot spot for alpha males! She currently lives outside Toronto, Canada with her hubby and two small children. Life is busy, but never too busy for a good story and to share her love of reading and writing with others.

For more of the lowdown feel free to visit her author website at http:/

The Ex-Factor (2 books)
  • All We Are (Ex-Factor Duet #2)