Start by marking “You're Crushing It: Positivity for living your REAL life” as Want to Read:
You're Crushing It: Positivity for living your REAL life

You're Crushing It: Positivity for living your REAL life

Sometimes life can be pretty amazing. But other times it feels like:

A. Your heart and stomach have been steamrolled into a grisly organ pancake
B. You are being put through an emotional spiralizer that creates human courgetti
C. Both of the above. You're a courgetti pancake

No, Instagram filters won't make it look any better. And, yes, we a
Published June 13th 2019 by Bloomsbury Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about You're Crushing It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You're Crushing It

Start your review of You're Crushing It: Positivity for living your REAL life
Lex
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: read-in-2019
Am I allowed to rate & review this? Is this cheating? Am I going to get arrested?
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Won a copy of You're Crushing It as part of a prize pack from Bloomsbury UK!

Lex has a YouTube channel which up until reading her book, I had never watched. However, I loved You're Crushing It. It is designed for teen audiences but as a 21-year-old, I did find myself totally engrossed by her life advice on social media, falling in love and friendships. I talk about my reading experiences more on my Instagram at www.Instagram.com/alicetiedthebookish...!
Erika
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve watched Lex on youtube for years and was lucky enough to have a proof copy of You’re Crushing It fall into my hands. The advice on being kind to yourself, living ethically and dealing with the setbacks that come from the flesh prison (sorry, gross) we all have to walk around in are delivered with genuine warmth and a practicality that emphasises how little changes can make all the difference. It’s a book I can see teenage girls picking up and, as we all know, teenage girls can change the worl ...more
Elisa Fuhrmann
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At first I wanted to give this book 4 stars, but I think that, within its genre, it's one of the most uplifting books I've read so far. Lex Croucher gives really positive and humorous advice which seems attainable, unlike some self-help books which seem to set the bar too high. Lex describes very recognisable situations in a light and funny way and no, it wasn't life changing, but it has given me exactly what the cover describes: positivity for living your real life!
Wouter
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I've been following Lex on Youtube for about 6 years now so when I heard she wrote a book I knew I had to read it because I ADORE her. I'm not really into self-help books and I didn't learn anything new per se, but this book was very enjoyable, and Lex is a great writer - her sense of humor that I know from her YouTube videos generally translates really well to her writing.
Rebecca
Originally posted to www.rebeccasravereviews.wordpress.com

I was sent a copy of You're Crushing It in exchange for an honest review, so thanks to Bloomsbury publishers.

I don't mean this in a negative way but there is nothing mind blowing in this book - it's a run down of all of life's hassles, from body image, social media, friendships, dating, all that good stuff, with some mental health tips, funny anecdotes, and lots of reassurance that it's okay. You'll be okay. But it's Lex's charm that makes this book wha
Rebecca Farren
Read this review on my blog here: https://rebeccafarren.com/review-your...

An uncorrected proof copy was gifted to me by Bloomsbury.

When Lex announced she was writing a YA, positivity, life advice book I was, well, a little surprised. She has a dark sense of humour which often matches the tone of her YouTube videos so I really wouldn’t have expected her to write this type of book. Reflecting on it more though, I was so intrigued to read what she has to say, and I suspected that it would actually be very good. I was
Victoria Robinson
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to “youtuber” books I’ve never really been that into them… wait no that is a bit of a lie, I have bought into them before, I own a few “youtuber” books but I have never really sat down and read them, I just bought them because every other person who was interested in the beauty side of youtube bought them and I just had to follow the crowd.

But this, when Lex announced that she was releasing a book I knew that this would be one of the books I would want to get my hands o
Alyce Hunt
I probably would have enjoyed You're Crushing It more if I hadn't been reading it as an eBook, as I've seen some pictures of quotes online and the constant repetition seems quite effective when it's stylised. However, as an eBook I just found myself getting annoyed: every page had a huge bold quote that was then repeated halfway through the paragraph, and most of them were that faux-inspirational bullshit that graces 90% of motivational Instagram pages.

This isn't a bad book - Lex Croucher is tryi
idreamofallthebooks
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book could not have come at a better time. After having a little bit of a rough week (and certain individuals making some quite unrealistic demands), Lex Croucher’s words of wisdom (and wit!) were a much needed reprieve from some of the negative and exhausting thoughts taking up residence in my mind.

By the book’s design (and Croucher’s own admissions), it is a series of thoughts and positive self talk that can help all those who read it to be a little more kinder and a little mo
Amy Jones
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this! It's so good to read a book that's about realising how bloody great your life actually is as it is, not telling you that you'll only be happy and reaching your full potential if you are basically perfect. Lex talks about things like dating, social media, family and friends, body confidence and mental health with heart and wisdom - and a LOT of jokes. It's also really beautifully designed - not just the cover, but the way text has been formatted inside makes it a really lovel ...more
Kezia Newson
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book feels like a pat on the head and an understanding ‘you’re bonkers, but I am too’ nod from a best friend when you’re going through the smallest or largest things in the wild ride that is growing up. It's laugh out loud funny, but what shouldn't be underrated is how much comfort I think it will bring. The honesty Lex shares by letting us into pockets of her life makes you feel trusted as a reader, and that you can have these kind of open conversations with your own friends, parents and p ...more
tharcblack
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so incredibly accurate when talking about friendship anxiety, or any type of modern day anxiety; it often made my day to read how not alone I am and how everybody else feels the same way I do at some point.

The one thing I thought didn't add anything was the little quotes along the text (very similar to the ones found in magazine or newpaper articles) mirroring bits of the text. But I just skipped them altogether and it didn't affect my reading at all.
Lilly
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was fun and cute, although it felt a little bland and maybe just something that is more relevant and entertaining for a younger demographic. That said it was entertaining and quite sweet. I imagine I would have preferred a more comedy-focused book from Lex because that's really the draw for me, but her voice came through in this book really nicely, it just isn't quite my type of book tbh. Lex Croucher book of cat limericks when???
Rhys
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Top quality advice for practically every area of life you could stress about, jam packed with genuinely funny jokes and analogies keeping it safely on the right side of sacharine self-help. An honestly very helpful read for anyone at any age.
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny, honest, brilliant. There are no books out there for young people purely about positivity so I hope school librarians everywhere stock this when it's out. There was so much in there that I related to and some thing I definitely needed to hear.
Annelie
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks Lex, for making me laugh while discovering that my life isn’t as imperfect as I sometimes tell myself. This gave me hope, a wide grin on my face and the will to go on and live my life in a fabulous way!
Jess
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wish I could keep Lex in my pocket and carry her around all day to offer lovely advice whenever I’m in need but I cannot, so I will have to settle for this incredible book that is equal parts inspiring, hilarious and realistic.
Sara
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really fun, relatable self-help book that doesn't profess to be an expert on the issues it covers, but still manages to make you feel like you can face whatever life throws at you. Lex is also a really funny and skilled author, and I can't wait to read more of her future works! 😊
Kristin Davison
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I would like to thank Bloomsbury and UCLAN NYALF for a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Relevant and helpful.
charis
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Kinda wish I had my own copy (I got it out from the library) so I could dip in for some positivity now and then when I don't know what to do with my life.
Sarah Bramble
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great self motivational read Lex is a brilliant author!
Jess
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Loved it!!
Darinka
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book! Been a fan for years and this book was everything I hoped for.
United By Pop
4.5/5
justforshiggles
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This book made me so a lot of giggling and a lot of sagely nodding. A fun and productive collection of advice and entertainingly bizarre metaphors.
Rachel
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I read this book today, in one sitting! I can’t remember the last time I’ve done that and it felt really nice. It’s owed to the easy-to-read, accessible and humorous nature of the book. Not to mention being relevant and really helpful! Recommend!
Paula

• Meat Market
  • No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference
  • Doing It!: Let's Talk About Sex
  • Wilde Women
  • Tilly and the Lost Fairytales (Pages & Co., #2)
  • The Girl with Space in Her Heart
  • The Sharp Edge of a Snowflake
  • Furious Thing
  • A Half Baked Idea: How grief, love and cake took me from the courtroom to Le Cordon Bleu
  • This Is Not A Drill: An Extinction Rebellion Handbook