Start by marking “Credence” as Want to Read:
Credence

Credence

James Morgan, lead guitarist for the rock band Eden, seems to have it all. That is, until Theo, Eden’s lead singer and James’s secret lover, violently betrays him, sending James into a deep depression and cutting their current tour and the band’s life short.

Kieran Jackson, the lead vocalist for the less successful band Lost and Found, is at his wits’ end. At thirty-three,
Published March 1st 2019 by Kindle Direct Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Credence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Credence

Start your review of Credence
Sandra
After thinking about it for some time, and then thinking some more, I feel it's only fair to give this book the full five stars.

Delphia Baisden has created an emotional, believable, and often heartbreaking story for which you should heed the trigger warnings. There is a graphic albeit short depiction of rape, and a graphic description of attempted suicide. If these are triggers for you, you may want to think twice about reading this book.

At its core, this is a novel of survival, of overcoming p
Jan
Mar 12, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish-dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, lgbtq

DNF @26%

I wanted to like this so much, but I am not feeling it, at all.

1) Confusing dialogue. The book opens with POVs from 3 band members, and I had to go back in the sentences to work out who was doing the talk, many times.
2) There are an M in front of some words that I found very annoying, was that supposed to represent a stutter, insecurity, drunkness?
3) Many scenes were abruptly ended. It was weird like some chunks were missing.
Example: The MC (Kieran) goes for an audition. He is introdu
Ky
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Reading the blurb you think that you're in for a very angsty and emotional read and I was prepared for some hard scenes. Here I want to warn any potential readers that there's a detailed sexual assault scene on page. The book doesn't really deal much with the direct aftermath of that event but rather takes place a year and a half after it. The only info we get about the time immediately after it happened is really short and ends once James takes the first steps in moving forward and trying to de ...more
Laxmama
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
2.75 STARS - this looked like it would have been a great story, but so much of it was just off for me. All of the characters fell flat, and I felt no connection between them. A big strike in any book for me is I am not a fan of insta-love, so having the MC’s declaring love within weeks of knowing each other plus I didn’t find any substantial on page relationship building.

The whole band writing aspect of the story felt contrived, almost like an afterthought or side character to the book. Then th
Cee Brown
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*´¨✫)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨)✯ ¸.•*¨)
✮ (¸.•´✶ (¸.•` "What am I doing?" ~James
"Breathing again," Phil said. "Maybe trying to live your life again."

Holy hell!

This one took me on a roller coaster ride and oh, it captured my heart. I have read so many books since the year rolled in and only one has captured me as such. I now add this book to that pile.

New to me author and first timer Delphia Baisden has proven that she has what it takes to be an author with her first book Credence. This book was like going
Josh Dale
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abuse, romance
Oh my, I have been waiting all week to post my review on this book. I am so excited to share my thoughts with you.

We are thrown into a colorful and real story world of a rock band named Eden who are at the top of their game.

But something dark has been hanging in the shadows and James Morgan the bands leader is hiding it by drinking, believing he deserves everything that is happening in his life.

After being Raped, his whole defense and world crumble and James falls so low that the only way is up
Susan65
The Blogger Girls

What a heartbreaking and, sometime, harsh and brutal read. There are a couple trigger warnings for this book, so do yourself a big ol’ favor and make sure that if rape or attempted suicide are gonna negatively affect you, that you give this one a pass. The scenes are not overly gruesome, but they are graphic. You know yourself and must be able to make that decision on whether to read this one or not. For me, even though it hurt my heart, they played a pivotal role in understand
Kazza
Mar 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
I just want to be clear that I have no idea how a 1 star rating appeared on this book by "me." There should never have been any rating on this book. I haven't even read it. It is on my TBR now.
Jennifer Holmes
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
An emotional, wonderful whirlwind. The emotional upheaval from the start pulled me into the story so quickly that I read the book in one sitting. Delphia has captured the hurt, fear, and psyche of her characters eloquently, sharing their struggles while simultaneously having us root for them that their pasts won’t hinder their future. I loved the development of the relationship as it made the characters and their interactions credible and relatable. James broke my heart showing strength and surv ...more
Amy Dufera
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Credence is an interesting, multi-layered rock star romance. Delphia Baisden does a great job of immersing the reader into the crazy world of fame and rock stars.

James and Kieran are two band members who fall in love while dealing with their past pains. Both have endured so damn much, and are struggling with moving forward with their passion and their lives in general.

James will grab you and burrow his way into your heart. He's a mess, both before and after his rape. He has a lot of issues to
Karola
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.7* rounded up to 4*
The story was qute good but I had a problem with some things.
Confusing dialogues for one - Sometimes I had to reread sentences several times to understand who was talking to whom.
I wish the author hadn't skipped the important part of James's mental recovery - but she just fast forwarded it and we meet James 2 years after the traumatic events. I feel this part was missing.
Somehow I didnt fall for Kieran. He was alright as a character but he's been referred to as a smart mou
Marisa
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.
Kaila
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i fell head over heels fast for this story.. the emotions are real and raw.. parts of this broke my heart.. other parts made me happy.. very emotional and very amazing. i loved it
Rhianon O'Halloran
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an exceptionally well written book. The author leads us right into the story and even after the first chapter, you're caring about the characters. This book is full of life, love, sorrow, fear, just about everything anyone has ever been through. It's definitely worth the read!
Megan
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Just....wow.

This book is so good. The first chapter is like a cold bucket of water followed by a slap to the face. If you’re looking for an angsty hurt/comfort, then look no further! The feels are real. Mind the trigger warning, though. Ends with a HEA!
Brittney Hooker
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin to describe how much I loved this book? I mean, do I start with the unbelievably relatable and well-developed characters? The span of settings and scenery’s that blend together seamlessly like a Bob Ross painting?

Now, this story isn’t all happy little trees. There are trigger warnings for a reason, and there are some gut punches that had me coming up for air…then immediately diving back in because I just could not get enough of how quickly I fell in love with James. And th
Ja'de H.
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
These rock starts are unlike any you’ve met before. Or is this rock star life we’ve never been privy to?

James and Kieran are sweet emotional rockstars. After James goes through a traumatic experience with their previous band, Eden’s lead singer, it’s hard for him to trust other people and think about being in a relationship. But it looks like being cussed out and told off if the perfect thing to help him overcome his trauma and live his life.

Kieran who has problems of his own with being a lead s
Alicia Graybill
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love is better when you find your True North

James Morgan, guitarist for the metal band Eden, has a secret: lead singer Theo is his liver on the down-low. Worse, Theo is emotionally and verbally abusive to him. When the night comes that Theo becomes physically abusive, James realizes they are done, as is Eden and their current tour. The unintended consequence is that their opening act Lost and Found featuring singer Kieran Jackson doesn't survive. Kieran ends up returning home afraid that he's lo
NLinks
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book might have been good if I could’ve gotten past the lack of professional-level composition and editing. Sadly, the writing felt stilted, with lots of extraneous wording that failed to show the story to the audience but bluntly told it instead. Because of this writing style it came across as juvenile and unsophisticated, more at a high school level than what I’d expect from an experienced, published author. The dialogue was also not very good. It sounded trite and very unrealistic except ...more
Dixiecowgirl
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding yourself, healing and learning to love is an amazing journey. Trauma has long range impacts and this story really was honest with that. i enjoyed the writing style and thought the story-line was engaging.

James has a lot to work through and he has amazing friends to stand by him. I loved Phil and what an awesome friend he is to James. We all need a friend like him.

James and Kieran create magic together. I loved how solid and gentle Kieran is as a person and i loved them together. James
Maria R.
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good debut

First of all...that cover! Drew me right in. Good premise and great characters. I just felt the romance between James and Kierian was rushed and underdeveloped. They said I love yous before any time together or real conversations or interactions. I'm also not sure if why Kierian's medical condition was written into the storyline as that plot device went no where. We also did not get any details of James' coming out...so perhaps a little too much drama thrown in that went nowhere but in
Kim
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a well written book with a hurt/comfort trope.
Both MC's experienced harmful relationships in the past - though one to a much higher degree (trigger warning). While those points of the story were a piece of the narrative, they played out without over exaggeration.
I liked that both MC's were musicians, which allowed the author to minimize the jealous groupie issue that so many books fall into.
The MC's were wonderful together & I loved how tender Kieran was with James.
Nicely done!
Tristan
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: music
3/5

The story was fine. The narration can be quite jumpy at times, which can cause some confusion, but I didn't mind it so much. Oh and I didn't expected the (view spoiler) but that's my fault for not reading the trigger warning.

The main problem is that it's just not for me. I just found myself falling out of love with it.
Jennifer R
The writing style didn’t work for me. It should have been angsty, but everything just felt on the surface; I couldn’t connect. Stopped at 50% because I was getting angry that what should have been a story I loved wasn’t delivering.
Victorias' KeepinitReal
Good Story

This book was good. It deals with a sensitive and abusive topic and the long-term effects. I was glad the author tackled the therapy needed, the support system required and the ability to move forward and love again.
Joscelyn Smith
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an emotional rollercoaster of a read. I really enjoyed following along with the characters on their journey to their happy ending. All in all a very enjoyable read.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*
Joyffree
😍

Loved it
The cast - The story - the angst - the sweetest romance
I i hope the rest of the cast gets their stories
On my tablet full review to follow
Alison Edmunds
Apr 08, 2019
Ivonne
Jan 21, 2020
Michela Stizzoli
Apr 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Unscripted (Unscripted, #1)
  • Free Hand (Irons and Works, #1)
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Top Priority (The Game, #1)
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers, #2)
  • Long Way Home
  • The One Decent Thing
  • Four Letter Word (Love Logic, #2)
  • Blank Canvas (Irons and Works, #2)
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
  • Cold Hard Cash
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Finding Finley
Delphia Baisden is a proud indie author. In 2016, she finally decided to use her passion for writing to tell the love stories of her heart and hasn’t stopped since. She is an avid rock ‘n’ roll fan who feels most comfortable in a band tee and a pair of jeans. She currently lives in a small town near Columbus, Ohio, with her mom, Lola.