Start by marking “Country Christmas” as Want to Read:

Country Christmas

This Christmas, two worlds collide...

Edward Kirby is a big-city surgeon whos worked himself toward an early grave. On his way to Wisconsin for some enforced R&R, a snowstorm hits--leaving Edward injured, stranded, and more stressed than ever.

Stephen Jackson is an all-American cowboy--and a virgin. Hes overwhelmed with work, trying to keep the family farm from
Published November 27th 2018 by Lovelight Press

To ask other readers questions about Country Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Country Christmas

Start your review of Country Christmas
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 3.8
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

I swear Cowboys fall under the label of Men in Uniform. Cause hot damn a sexy cowboy is a magnet for attention in my opinion.

I started this because

1. Its a Christmas read!

And

2. Its got a Cowboy!

Throw into the mix an overworked sexy doctor and what more do you want? It got my attention.

I really liked the story, I loved how Stephan is a mix of pride and hard work but also of a brand of innocence. It really got me turning the pages there. His
Martin
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Dr Edward Kirby is stressed out, working himself to death trying to get the position as head surgeon in his hospital. At the beginning of December, his boss Amy sends him on a forced vacation to the countryside, only allowing him to return to the ER when he isnt close to a nervous breakdown anymore.

To make matters worse, Edward drives right into a snowstorm and crashes his car. Luckily, a local farmer and his mom find him and rescue him, keeping him on their farm until hes healed enough to
Manfred
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was one of my favorite Christmas stories this year. A perfect mix of sweetness, drama, sex and steam. Very predictable of course and the big misunderstanding at the end a little too stupid to be convincing, but still....
Edward is a city boy and a surgeon, who is sent to the country before collapsing or burning out in his job. Stephen is a cowboy who lives in a farm with his mother, barely able to keep the place running. When Edward is surprised by a snowstorm he has an accident and is found
Denise H.
***** A charming Riley Knight story, full of feels and longing, anticipation, first times and shared passion. (Older-smaller man/younger-big strong hunk.)
Older NY surgeon, Edward, has an accident

from the snowy Wisconsin road, and that's how he ends up on younger and muscled, Stephen's farm.

Their attraction is instant, but not acted on. Edward is injured, in need of rest, and is supposed to be relaxing away from his stressful work. Both Stephan and his Mom take care of Edward.
Soon, Edward is
Vanna
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars! Somehow I didn't feel the connection between Edward and Stephen.. it felt a little like insta-lust without any common ground. Overall it was an ok story with the holiday background.. but not very memorable.
BR11
Ehhh... it was ok. Insta love, not much connection other than an instant attraction. The steam was good... The resolution of the issue was mehh...
Free with Kindle Unlimited
Eleeze
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited

I really wanted to like this, is a Xmas story! But there's a lot of editing errors and I rolled my eyes a lot, so it wasn't a good as I hoped.-
Marie G
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a nice story and the main characters were cute. However, I did feel like the characters fell for each other too quickly. I'm not against insta love, but I need to see where the feelings are coming from. Being stuck in some place with someone isn't enough to justify a love story. Don't even get me started on the miscommunication at the end. That being said, it was a nice read.
Ann
The story was both sweet and hot. The characters were good but flawed. The insta love was a thing and the kind that works for Christmas stories but expires in January.

A good holiday escape with lots of steam and minimal angst.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Country Christmas by Riley Knight was one of the most confounding reads Ive picked up in a long time. It started out with such a great premise but unfortunately the writer had this odd way of writing that caused me to repeatedly go back a few pages to figure out what was going on. The romance shouldve been good but there was no real connection between the main characters, the relationship developed way too fast. The drama concerning the farm was just beyond perplexing and I found myself
Tj
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nope... just didn't work for me. The sentence structure was clunky.
Tizerkane13
Jan 15, 2019 marked it as 00-mm-fail-dnf-nope-will-not-read
Okay ENOUGH!! DNFing @ 6%!! The spelling mistakes, horrible writing, and non-existent editing is too distracting to try to ignore!! I can tell this is going to be a horrible failure, so Im giving up on this book because frankly, I know Im going to give this negative stars!!!
The best advice I can give this author is to stop trying to write M/M because its clearly not working for this person! Seriously! Im not trying to be mean or anything but the protective lioness in me is fiercely inclined to
Monika
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok

This turned out to be just an okay read for me. I really liked the premise but I think the way the story was written made it hard for me to get into. The writing was choppy and the flow was completely off putting. There were times I got confused and had to go back to rereading pages to see if I'd missed something. This could have been a really good read, the story just needed a bit of smoothing out.

TAGS
-- Holiday/Christmas -- insta love & insta lust -- doctor/rancher -- age difference --
Amanda
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Im going to be entirely honest - the only reason I finished this book is because I am doing the reading challenge, and I didnt want to waste a book by not finishing it.

That being said, I wasnt a fan of this one. I wish it had been shorter for one, like a Christmas ficlet or something, because stretching it out as much as it was made it feel like the author was trying too hard to make what little story they had here fit a specific length.

I feel like the biggest problem I had here was the lack
Elsbeth
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was ok

Sorry to say that I didn't like this as much as I hoped. I couldn't connect with the characters at all. Didn't like either of them. Skimmed a lot of this book
Melissa
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
It Was Okay.

It was okay. I really couldnt get into the story. I really tried but it just dragged for me. I might try reading this story again to give it a second chance.
Wendy Moore
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 star

This was my first read from Riley Knight and it was a sweet, feel good Christmas read!!
Christine
Jan 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019-books
A painfully bland and stale Christmas treat!

Uptight trauma surgeon Edward is stranded in a blizzard and rescued by tall-dark-and-boring farmer Stephen. Despite Stephens initial reluctance to engage, Edward soon convinces him to begin a quick affair...which surprises them both by quickly flaring into more. However, both Edward and Stephen must make some difficult choices.... is there a way to choose each other?

This almost went in my DNF stack. The writing style is heavy on lengthy and awkwardly
Suzanne Hare
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edward is on forced leave. His job as a surgeon has taken its toll. He has an accident that leaves him injured and renting a room. Stephen is stressed himself trying to run the family ranch. Being a virgin, he has no idea how to handle his attraction to the wealthy older man.

This is an erotic romance between a younger man and an older man. The characters are great and the interplay between the them is what makes the story so good. They both have their own insecurities and mountains to climb to
Beth
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story, abrupt ending

Really liked this story. The characters are well constructed and the story arc moves well. The crisis point is heart wrenching and the resolution satisfying. However the ending feels rushed and incomplete. I think we needed an epilogue to tell us how things eventually worked out in terms of what each MC did after their trip at the end. (Trying to avoid spoilers!) Cant imagine Edward not being a doctor so some clarity there would have been helpful and a description of how
Joanne Thornborough
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Prickly, sarcastic Edward and sweet, determined Stephen are the MCs in this tale of a chance meeting under not ideal circumstances. After a snowstorm forces Edward's rental car off the road, it's Stephen and his mom, Sarah, who rescue him from the crash.

As Edward recuperates at the ranch owned by mother and son, an attraction develops between the two men. As it blooms into something more, they begin to wonder if it's something worth fighting for.

Both men are fully realized characters, who have
Bo
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Couple, Lovingly Developed

One negative, as I have often stated: I am getting tired of the small-large opposite in MM romances, and this one did not have to be that way.

It is not logical that a burned out, brilliant, and somewhat acerbic and anti-social New York City surgeon also needs to be under six feet tall and wiry.

It is also not logical that the last remaining male in seven generations of a family's farm be a well over six feet tall and full of muscle and bulk, and very socially
Youichi
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
It's a really sweet story. There is a lot of public display of affection which I don't usually like. And all of characters are pretty tolerant. It's not realistic, but nevertheless nice. The Edward character is very good - he is developing through the story. The Stephen one - not so much. He is static and perfect: seriously, is there at least one flaw in him? In the end it became too saccharine.
Well, anyway, this book is quite nice for one or two times.
Lizzie
Nov 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF. Wanna talk about boring? This book had total promise! The author even gave us the ages and physical descriptions of each MC! (Yay for that!!) but the inner dialogue of each MC was too long and b-o-r-i-n-g.

Wordy. This book was too wordy. I don't know if the author was going for some sort of fantastic descriptions or what, but it DID NOT WORK. It wasn't interesting.

Just wordy...😖

*Sigh* So sad...another mm romance down the drain for me. 😒
Lala Albert
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet holiday romance. It took me a bit to warm up to Edward, but as he let himself open up, I liked him more as a character. Stephen and his mother were both lovely. And I loved the resolution even though the conflict drove me nuts for a bit. Just talk, people. Ask questions. Ask follow-up questions. Sheesh.
Shelly
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I rushed to get through this book and found myself skipping long segments. I didn't find any connection with the two main characters and thought Edwards was extremely weak in character. Stephen was a little more developed. The instant attraction felt forced and unrealistic. I did want to see where it ended up and have to admit, didn't care for the ending.
Shon Chewning
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Christmas

This book was very passionate and exciting. The characters where amazing and the storyline was full of love 💘. This book was incredible. The best Christmas Read so far. Thanks
Samantha's ~*Confessions*~
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sexy Christmas spirit

I really enjoyed this Christmas M/M read. It was emotional yet fun. The characters were total opposites yet had similar morals and stubbornness. Definitely recommend
Gerry
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well done.

The characters really drew you in. I am such a sucker for basically love at first sight. Great ride, left you feeling all gooey inside. Keep it up. If you love Christmas themed and or Cowboys then this should be part of your library.
Barbara M.
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Country Christmas

Loved it, loved it, loved it! Definitely a must read, a beautiful love story! Keep those Kleenex handy, for those tears of joy! Just a very wonderful story! Many thanks, Honey Bee 🐝💙🤠🔥🎶

• All I Want Is You
  • All I Want for Christmas...Is My Sister's Boyfriend
  • Santa Daddy
  • Weight For Love (Worth the Weight #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • A Kiss Before Christmas (Rory & Jack, #1)
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It (Valentine's Inc. #1)
  • Beautiful Dreamer (So This is Christmas #1)
  • Home for Christmas (Texas #9)
  • A Soldier's Wish
  • Christmas Angel (The Christmas Angel, #1)
  • First Light (Heartsville, #2)
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • Kiss Off (Valentine's Inc. #2)
  • Company for Christmas
  • Christmas Prince
  • Hard Tackle (Worth the Weight #2)
  • His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)

News & Interviews