Start by marking “Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries)” as Want to Read:
Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries)

Malevolent Magic

(Cozy Corgi Mysteries #9)

Christmas week sparkles with holiday decorations, sweet potato pie, lively tourists, and murder…

Estes Park is a wonderland of twinkling lights and softly falling snow, and Winifred Page wants nothing more than to snuggle in the mystery room with Watson at her feet—after all, Katie’s pastries are tempting pieces of heaven, especially beside a warm fire. But Christmas is
Published November 15th 2018 by Independently published (first published November 14th 2018)

Start your review of Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries)
Krystyna
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The joys of Christmas

Terrific as always. Watson is as loveable, grumpy and obstinate as ever whilst the human characters are, full, rich and varied. I also adored the screaming rabbit - I wonder what his story is?
Christmas is coming fast and as families come together and old friends meet up tensions boil over. With attitudes from high school now firmly entrenched in their adult persona. When one of latest to arrive is murdered in the magic shop and Susan's brother is arrested, she is shocked
Nat ReadingAllNite
Christmas in Estes Park is no holiday for poor Fred and Watson. Naturally she stumbles over a murder and ends up in a truce of sorts with Susan Green of all people! It’s a pretty good romp once again, with a plethora of suspects and an annoying bunny. It was the first time I guessed the killer right away but I can’t explain why I picked them before the murder even happened! These stories are always a pleasant break and highly enjoyable. It’s never a hardship revisiting the characters, especially ...more
Anna's Herding Cats
I may have figured out the killer before the murder even happened but I still enjoyed Malevolent Magic. lol

The Gist: Game night turns deadly at the magic shop. *cue creepy maniacal laughter* And Fred's been asked by the local cop to help clear her brother's name.

I continue to enjoy this group of characters led by Fred. Awkward and abrupt she's just a wonderful heroine somehow. Just the right touch of nosy and caring to keep her from being unlikable. A wonderful best friend, endearing young
Nina Derr
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aaah! What a way to leave a book! Absolutely loved it and can't wait for the next! I once again didn't figure out who the killer is and was no where near close to being right this time. This one was a huge shocker and I didn't see it coming.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is another delightful visit to Estes Park. Each book has me feeling as though I’m visiting with friends. The mystery in this book is well crafted and had me guessing until the final reveal. I don’t want to give anything away other than to say this is an enjoyable mystery well worth reading.
Victoria Smiser
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This year Fred’s Cozy Corgi bookstore is carefully and warmly decorated for the holidays, busy with tourists and locals shopping and enjoying Katie’s pastry offerings. Fred goes from shop to shop, with Watson accompanying her (of course) as she invites the merchants to a party at the Cozy Corgi and explains a coupon book she and Katie are suggesting for the stores to participate in. Remembering the difference between this year and last year, Fred knows that the town and the wonderfully diverse, ...more
Laura Thomas
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
It’s winter and the town of Estes looks like a charming picture of the fast approaching holidays. Fred is looking forward to snuggling up in her favorite spot by the fire, losing herself in a mystery book. But fate has other plans for her and she’s soon caught up in real murder mystery.

I really felt for Fred. She was still reeling from her shocking discover about someone close to her and she just needed some time to recover, but duty called when someone asks for her help in a murder
Grammy 1
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Gloria Lakritz Sr Reviewer & Review Chair for the Paranormal Romance Guild
4*****Stars
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Rated: For All
Release date: November 14th 2018
Page count: 235

I must say this series is addicting ! Just in time for Thanksgiving, Ms Abbott has given the town another mysterious murder in Beautiful Estes Park…..I am sure the town is losing people per capita then say a large
Debby
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s Christmas, and Winifred (Fred) Page is getting ready for Christmas at her Cozy Corgi Bookstore. Watson, her lovable grump of a Corgi is by her side … after all, there may be t-r-e-a-t-s along the way. It’s the holidays, a time for families to gather, with the dramas that will follow. This year, it’s not just drama, but murder.

Malevolent Magic is our holiday t-r-e-a-t … while not a tasty one for Watson, we get lots of gossip in one of my favorite places - the world of the Cozy Corgi’s Estes
Sherrel
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Malevolent Magic

I enjoyed the book but was a bit disappointed that I figured out who was the murderer early in the book.
That said, the story was well written and we continue to learn bits and pieces about the characters.
I will definitely read the next book!
Nola Arganbright
Family Christmas may not be merry!

A great series. I have enjoyed how the characters and stories have developed. Each book is a stand alone but there seems to be an underlying plot waiting in the background.
Kendra Wilde
As always, I loved Mildred's fictional town, her characters, and her plots. I figured it out as soon as I met one of the characters, but that didn't ruin it for me.

May Watson live forever!
Melinda Rone
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

I love this series. Great characters and a great whodunit! Keeps you guessing. Can't wait for the next one to come out.
Heather Martin
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Malevolent Magic

This series just gets better with every new release! And I’m excited about Fred and Leo’s possibilities.the whole town has grown on me and I can’t wait to see what happens next. And I figured out who the killer actually was before Fred, but that didn’t change my enjoyment!
Debbie Meyer
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in love with this series!

Being a mystery reader and a dog lover, the Cozy Corgi series keeps me wanting more. I'm so happy I found this author.
Linda Rainey
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great cozy

This latest cozy mystery featuring Fred and Watson gives us plenty of suspense,twists and turns.
I loved the well crafted storyline and amazing characters.
This book is recommended for those who love cozy mysteries.
Samantha Kane
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this review is for all the books so far.

Cruel Candy book 1 - We met Fred and Watson (her corgi sidekick). This book is sweet but opens with a murder, that should have been scary but it wasn't as we got to see Fred do as Fred was meant to do and solve it. Along the way she made some new friends (two men that might even bring love back into her life if she would only let one of them) and reconnect with her family.

Traitorous Toys book 2 - So Fred has yet to get her dream book shop ready (but
Arow
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe I am in the Christmas spirit or maybe it was just that good, I don't know any more lol. I thoroughly enjoyed this installment of the Cozy Corgi Mystery series. It's Christmas time once again and Fred and Watson have spent a year in their new home. We are introduced to some new character's and a surprising but required friendship (tolerance) is developed. The murder is a bit unexpected and I enjoyed following along on the path to solving it. Can't wait the next in the series to be released.
Jean
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder in a Winter Wonderland

The setting is pure magic , a winter setting , sparkling and perfect for the Christmas tourists. Unfortunately , human nature is human nature so despite the back drop and the superficial Christmassy fancy dress , there are nasty people with old hates and grudges simmering under the surface.
Of course there is a murder for Fred to investigate and a very gripping investigation it turns out to be.
One thing I wonder , is why the author has chosen to have so much "eye
Sherry Vaughan
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No Holidays for Death

It's Christmas but death is not taking a holiday. This time, the victim is a cruel man who was, and still is a bully. Unfortunately, the supposed murderer is Mark Green, brother to Deputy Susan Green, Fred's least favorite frenemy. Amazingly, Susan gives her carte blanche to do what she does best, solve murders.
Fred and Watson are at it again. The plot has a few twists and turns and, at last, love may be in the air for Fred. Alas, I will have to wait until the end of the
Val
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still reeling from the betrayal of Branson, Fred's not sure who to trust and just wants to get her life back on track. So doing a little Christmas shopping can't hurt right? When Fred finds a dead body at a local shop she knows she should have just gotten gift cards. When her frenemy Officer Susan Green asks her to investigate Fred can't help but be intrigued. With twists, turns and a suspect no one saw coming it made for a good read.
Robin Powers
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holidays with Fred, Watson and gang...sign me up! Fred can't seem to escape getting sucked into another murder investigation from the most unexpected direction. As we get further into the series, we really are comfortable with the different personalities in Estes and even the loyalties between certain parties. But with every story, I feel like Fred learns something new about herself or what she originally thought she knew about her neighbors and friends. It really makes every story different and ...more
Lynn W Stubenrauch
A Christmas themed murder mystery, so fun!

Another really cozy mystery at Christmastime. It's such a relaxing, enjoyable read. Once again, I didn't guess the right suspect. I love this little mountain town and all the characters. I have a corgi myself, so Watson's antics are quite familiar to me. I highly recommend this series!
Not as emotionally shocking as the previous book, my enjoyment of this series continues. The relationships continue to be strong and provide plenty of material to work with. Watson is his adorable and enduring self. Fred manages to surprise me as she has to help her nemesis this time around if Susan Green will accept her help.
Janice
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fun addition to the series. The characters come to life with each book and in this one you learn even more about them. The plot had just the right amount of twists while letting you figure out the culprit as you read along. And the recipe at the end is another keeper. Love these books.
Karen
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder at Christmas

Engaging and enjoyable story about Fred and Watson in lovely Estes Park. Kind of makes one wonder if Estes Park is a safe place to visit, but with Fred and Watson there to figure out who done it, you know that justice will be served.
gary c lehn
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series....................

I sure love to read a good mystery story, and the Cozy Corgi Mysteries are sure that. Fred and Watson are involved in a murder of a friend who is not loved by his former school friends.
Laura Jager
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a fun read.

Another enjoyable installment in this series. I love each of these characters and their personalities. I laugh at their antics as I try to figure out who the murderer is.
Gail Daley
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Malevolent magic

Once again a winner. The book was a magical, twisted story, first time I didn't figure out who done it before the end. Keep up the great mysteries. This has been one of my favorite cozy mystery collections.
Cassidy Hara
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Challenges

I love how it takes a bit to get the right pieces to fit to figure out who did it. I had a small feeling but until it was finally declared I was still at a loss as to whodunit! Great book

• A Merry Murder at St. Bernard Cabins (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Murder at the Pet Boutique (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery #2)
  • A Fortunate Encounter (A Claire Rollins Mystery #6)
  • Wedding Cake and Woes (Peridale Cafe Mystery, #15)
  • Boxes in the Basement (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #1)
  • Champagne and Catastrophes (Peridale Cafe Mystery, #14)
  • Murder at the Dog Training Academy (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • Letters in the Library (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #2)
  • A Stab in the Dark (Whodunit Antiques, #2)
  • The Thanksgiving Trip (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery, #5)
  • Message in the Mantel
  • The Saint Paddy's Promise: A Cozy Mystery (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 6)
  • Murder at Pooch Park (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Answers in the Attic (The Inn At Holiday Bay, #4)
  • Harper (A Hathaway Sister Mystery, #1)
  • Haunting in the Hallway (The Inn at Holiday Bay #5)
  • The Bitter With The Sweet (A Sweet Cove Mystery Book 15)
  • Calico Confusion (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #1)
Reading the Cozy Corgi series is pretty much all you need to know about Mildred. In real life, she’s obsessed with everything she writes about: Corgis, Books, Cozy Mountain Towns, and Baked Goods. She’s not obsessed with murder, however. At least not at her own hands (nor paid for… no contract killing here). But since childhood, starting with Nancy Drew, trying to figure out who-dun-it has played ...more

Cozy Corgi Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Cruel Candy (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #1)
  • Traitorous Toys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #2)
  • Bickering Birds (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #3)
  • Savage Sourdough (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #4)
  • Scornful Scones (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #5)
  • Chaotic Corgis (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #6)
  • Quarrelsome Quartz (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #7)
  • Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #8)
  • Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #10)
  • Perilous Pottery (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #11)