Start by marking “Don't Lick That! [A Dorky Mom's Tales of Parenting and Other Crap]” as Want to Read:
Don't Lick That! [A Dorky Mom's Tales of Parenting and Other Crap]

Don't Lick That! [A Dorky Mom's Tales of Parenting and Other Crap]

There are three things every parent needs to survive parenthood: patience, more patience, and a poker face. Disciplining the kids is one of the toughest jobs a parent has. Having children that make you chuckle when you should be scolding them makes that job nearly impossible.

Erika Watts, the creator of the blog Dorky Mom Doodles, brings you a glimpse inside life with her f
Published November 26th 2018

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Lick That! [A Dorky Mom's Tales of Parenting and Other Crap]

Start your review of Don't Lick That! [A Dorky Mom's Tales of Parenting and Other Crap]
Carrie
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, indies
What a fun book! So many laugh-out-loud moments, and anyone with children can relate. Who hasn’t had their kids follow them into the bathroom, say horrifying things in public, and refuse to eat nutritious food? Or, as Little Man in the book pointed out when he asked for a snack: “I don’t want any health in it.”

As a pediatrician, I loved the stories of potty training, food refusal, and trips to the doctor’s office where the kids said embarrassing things, and as a parent, I’ve experienced many of
Katherine Benfante
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't Lick That is the perfect book to read when I need to laugh, feel a sense of solidarity regarding parenting, and relax. Erika's writing is both entertaining and down-to-earth, and she manages to make me laugh so hard my stomach hurts!! (The doodle with Baby Girl in the public restroom still has me giggling!) The doodles are definitely adorably bad, as her husband says, but I can't imagine them any other way. I'm a fan of Erika's blog, DorkyMomDoodles.com, so I had an idea how good her book ...more
Bre Branco
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was well written, it was easy by an English teacher. The editing was flawless. The subject matter was funny and entertaining. She mastered children, particularly hers. Some stuff was true but just too funny! I love hearing about the inability of parents to relieve themselves. It brought me back to my early years, of visiting my mother in the rest room. Worth the read for sure.
Donna Craig
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book, I thought it was funny.
Heather
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very fun read! The author has a incredibly humorous take on the adventures of parenting!
June Smith
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funny and cute book. It was very relatable for a parent of young children.
Janet Miles
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: extra-reads-2018
Erika captures parenting and it's trials and tribulations with such good humor. I easily related having three children of my own. Thanks, Erika, for letting us know we are not alone!
Serena
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is more of a series of blog entries written for friends and family than a book anyone who doesn't actually know this family would probably enjoy. Maybe the standard for this type of book was set too high by Erma Bombeck and Teresa Bloomingdale who wrote slice of life stories to which most readers could relate, but at least they told them well.
I found the constant use of "little man" and "baby girl" to refer to her children annoying after the third chapter. Her children have names, why
Susan Swiderski
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anyone who has ever raised kids should be able to relate to the anecdotes in this book. I probably would've laughed at it more if I were still in the throes of child-raising, but the antics of the kids in this book easily knocked some of the dust off of my memories, and I had to nod my head in agreement. Yep! Kids really do say and do the darnedest things!

Three and a half stars, rounded up to four.
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely delightful. I bought a copy to give as a gift to my niece who is in the thick of raising little kiddos, and of course I read it. It conjures so many memories of the often frustrating, but also hilarious days of parenting youngsters. The cartoons are adorably dorky and the stories completely charming. I'll have to buy another copy for myself. Then I'll probably give then one away, too, and so on. It's that kind of book.
Joyce A. Wendeln
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Title Tells It All

Yes, if you want an irreverent attitude about the "joys" of parenting, then this book is for you. But it.
Samuel Watts
Mickenzie Jensen
Dec 27, 2018
Sijo Cyriac
Feb 18, 2020

• Ismeni (The Legend of Sheba #0.5)
  • Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1)
  • Out of Practice Aphrodite (The Goddess Chronicles #1)
  • Storykeeper
  • Baehrly Breathing (Goldie Locke and the Were Bears, #1)
  • Head Over Heels (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Born in the Purple
  • Titanic 1912: The original news reporting of the sinking of the Titanic
  • The Mafia Philosopher: Two Tonys
  • Fifty Years of Fear (Dark Lives, #1)
  • Succubus (Succubus, #1)
  • Murder by Misrule (Francis Bacon Mystery #1)
  • The Midas Plot: Plus Ultra (Eternal versus Ultra Book 1)
  • Murder is Collegiate (Susan Wiles Schoolhouse Mystery #7)
  • Graveyard Shift (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc., #1)
  • The Confectioner's Guild (The Confectioner Chronicles, #1)
  • What Girls Are Good For: A Novel of Nellie Bly