Start by marking “Flock and Home: Six Short Stories by Caleb Joseph Warner” as Want to Read:
Flock and Home: Six Short Stories by Caleb Joseph Warner

Flock and Home: Six Short Stories by Caleb Joseph Warner

In this debut collection, Caleb Warner works out the salvation of his characters with fear and loathing in Chicagoland and northern Idaho. These six short stories contain a talking penguin, fake Santa, international travel, unhelpful miracles, dreary illicit sex, and flying robots whose main food source are the private confessions of lonely perverts.

All Is Vanity Press i
Published November 20th 2018 by All Is Vanity Press

To ask other readers questions about Flock and Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flock and Home

Start your review of Flock and Home: Six Short Stories by Caleb Joseph Warner
Austin Storm
'In Defense of the Basement Dweller' is my favorite of the collection. 'Out of the Zoo' will also stick with me for some time, I suspect.

I liked 'Are You Santa Claus...' and 'Boy With a Good Heart', although I couldn't understand why it was nearly-but-not-actually a roman à clef.

'All is Vaping' and 'The Prince of the Couriers of the Air' start with a madcap, manic feel which turns serious, a transition I had a hard time making.

I look forward to reading whateve
Benjamin Krapohl
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Flock and Home is like a loaf of my mom's banana bread: dense, delicious, and occasionally studded with things I don't totally understand but happily consume anyway. Also, it's fundamentally bananas (and that's a good thing).

“Boy with a Good Heart” is an offbeat, joyful introduction. It feels like a Wes Anderson movie, except Wes Anderson is probably also a missionary kid.

“All is Vaping” is my favorite. The whole time I was reading I felt like I was driving across the Gre
Lukas Mason
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Bizarre and unsatisfying. Maybe it’s just because I’m unused to consuming this genre, but I had a very difficult time finding handles to hold onto in his phrenetic and scattered exposition. Out of the six stories, far and away the best one was All Is Vaping. The description and character development (especially towards the beginning) is excellent. Which is why I am confused by the rest of the stories. Who knows? Maybe I just need to read more surreal fiction. Warner’s definitely created somethin ...more
Aiden Anderson
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is difficult for me to disagree with anything Warner has to say about the Midwest, mostly because he’s right in many respects. There is a minuscule line between insanity and profundity, and I believe this book marches boldly across it.
Anna Shotwell
Lisa
Oct 27, 2019
T.
Dec 07, 2018
Caleb Joseph Warner was born in a historic home called Bliss in Sugar Grove, Illinois. He played with Lego bricks for ten years, listened to art pop concept albums for five, and has been writing short stories and novels for eight. He was a genuine hypochondriac for one whole year, but a trip to Italy cured him. He put off getting his driver's license for six years.
Caleb has written at least one h