Start by marking “The Lost Letter From Morocco” as Want to Read:
The Lost Letter From Morocco

The Lost Letter From Morocco

A forbidden love affair. A long-buried secret. A journey that will change everything.

Morocco, 1984. High in the Atlas Mountains, Hanane’s love for Irishman Gus is forbidden. Forced to flee her home with the man she loves, Hanane is certain she’s running towards her destiny. But she has made a decision that will haunt her family for years to come.

London, 2009. When Addy
Published March 7th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Letter From Morocco, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Letter From Morocco

Start your review of The Lost Letter From Morocco
Kylie D
An interesting enough book, it's exotic setting of Morocco the highlight. After her father dies Addy is given some documents of his by her half-sister Phillipa. Amongst these documents is a packet of polaroid photos from 1984, of her father and a pregnant woman, taken in Morocco. Addy had never realised her father had been to Morocco, and had never mentioned the woman to her, so she soon travels to Zitoune looking for answers.

She finds herself welcomed by a local tour guide, Omar, and is quickly
Sue Frances
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This is a lovely book. I love everything about Morocco and reading this was a joy. The characters felt real and I could relate to them. After all the thrillers I've read this book was a nice change. Highly recommended!
ABCme
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
Thank you Netgalley and Avon Books for the ARC

After Addy's father passed away she receives some of his belongings. There's a note and a picture of her father with a strange woman. On the back it's signed Morocco 1984.
Addy decides to journey to Morocco to find the woman.
Being a photographer gives her a purpose. She will travel and shoot images for a travelbook she intends to make, meanwhile diving into her fathers past.
She uncovers many secrets, but will she find Hanane, the woman who made her
Paula Sealey
Addy discovers a letter and photos from her deceased father, hinting that he may have had a relationship with a young lady in Morocco, and Addy sets off there in order to discover who she was and what happened to her.

This sounded like my perfect read, but unfortunately I found myself drifting away from this story quite often. The author's descriptions of Morocco and its people were interesting, however, it did read more like a standalone book on Moroccan culture at times, rather than a
Sally Coles
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
After the death of her estranged father Addy receives a partly written letter and pictures of a pregnant women with her father that were taken in 1984 in Morocco. Intrigued she decides to take a trip out there to see if she can find out about this history. While out there she is shown around by a Berber tour guide Omer and as she gets to know him she starts to develop feelings.... is it history repeating itself..... but there is a wall of silence about her quest for information on her father.

An
Kathleen Gray
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this more for the writing about Morocco than for the mystery of the letter or the simmering between Addie and Omar. Addie takes a big leap of faith when, after she's been through a lot of personal issues, she travels to Morocco to find out more about her absent father and to take photographs. Her relationship with Omar, a Berber, begins when he acts as her tour guide and then expands. There were times when I wanted to tell her to pack her bags and leave. Thanks to Netgalley for the ...more
Cheryl Basile
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a story about Addy, a Canadian woman who has overcome cancer and her boyfriend's infidelity during her chemotherapy treatments. Her half sister Philippa gives her an envelope of items from their estranged father, who recently passed away. In the envelope, she finds Polaroid photos of her father with an unknown Moroccan woman and a partially finished letter. Restless with her life and intrigued by the mysteries behind the letter, Addy heads to the small mountain town of Zitoune in Morocco ...more
Shohinee
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my blog https://trailsoftales620253622.wordpr...
Adrienne Chinn tells us two tales in one.

The story of Adela Percival

And the story of Gus Percival.

Both completely different but tied together

Through the sands of Morocco.

At 40 years of age, having survived breast cancer Adela or Addy decides to follow her dreams.

Addy decides that she wants to travel the world as a photographer.

That is when she finds an old unfinished letter from her late father, petroleum
Gaele
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Addy is wrapping up her chemotherapy with many ‘proclamations’ from her half-sister, Philippa, in to discuss their father’s estate and choices Philippa had made, unbeknownst to Addy, about the disposition of house and possessions on the west coast of Canada. A box of his things given to Addy contained his Mont Blanc pen and several polaroid photographs, a surprise to Addy as she didn’t know her father was also a photographer. She has had, of late, a particularly bad run of luck: a cheating ...more
Margaret
Reading the blurb I thought The Lost Letter from Morocco by Adrienne Chinn sounded an interesting book set in a country I know very little about. The setting in Morocco is well described, although in places it comes across as more of a travel and cultural guide than a novel and I liked that much more than the rest of the book. So, I’m sad to say that this book did not live up to my expectations and it was a disappointment.

Set in two time frames the narrative moves between Addy’s and Haldane’s
Wytzia Raspe
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is 2009 and Canadian born but living in London Addy is battling breastcancer. While on chemotherapy her half sister visits her in hospital and hands her some paperwork that belonged to their recently died father. It is part of a letter in which father Gus writes to Addy he had fallen in love with a Moroccan woman. The letter is written in the 1980ties but was never send. With the letter come a few old Polaroid pictures her father had snapped while travelling through Morocco. On one of them ...more
A Wondrous Bookshelf
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, netgalley
This is the story of Addy who lives in London and has breast cancer. During a break from her chemotherapy treatment, she comes across a lost letter in which her late father reveals that he had fallen in love with a Moroccan woman. Together with the letter she also finds pictures of her father and the Moroccan woman where it appears the woman might have been pregnant.

Determined to find answers to this mystery, she decides to travel to Morocco to follow in her father's footsteps and hopefully meet
Jane Hunt
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Addy has survived illness and when her estranged father dies, she finds old photographs, one of which contains a happy image of her father Gus, and a woman she doesn’t know, The back of the photo is dated 1984 Morocco.

She sets off on a journey of discovery, hoping to get to know her father better. She falls in love with Morocco but finds more questions than answers and risks repeating history.

The setting for this story is beautifully described. The vivid images immerse the reader, in the culture
Michael Cayley
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
A novel set in two time frames. In 2009 photographer Addy is recovering from cancer, and her father has just died. Among his photos is an unfinished letter to Addy from 1983, written in Morocco where he has formed a relationship with a much younger woman, Hanane. A photo shows that Hanane is pregnant. Addy decides to go to Morocco, to put together a book with her photographs, and to try and find out what happened to Hanane. The book switches back and forth between Hanane’s and Addy’s stories.

In
Pamela Scott

(copy from @AvonBooksUK via #NetGalley)

I don’t usually read romantic fiction but I figured I’d give this a shot. I liked the title and the front cover and the blurb sounded quite good. Unfortunately, the book doesn’t quite work for me. The book is easy enough to read. I loved the setting in Morocco. This is the best part of the book. There is a lot of intrigue in the book. I love books with secrets simmering beneath the surface. I enjoyed it when Addy
Sara Jo
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I was provided an ARC of this book by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Though I have not been to Morocco, I have traveled to places where language is often a barrier to communication and where tour guides like to flirt with the white women. The way the author depicted this was nearly spot on. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the antics that Addy and Omar got up to or rather the situations that Omar got Addy into. I liked Addy for most of the book but didn't like how she acted around
Julie Smith
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it

London, 2009. When Addy discovers a mysterious letter in her late father’s belongings, she journeys to Morocco in search of answers. But instead, she finds secrets – and is quickly pulled into a world that she doesn’t understand.

And when
Viola80
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mi è piaciuto!! Meglio della Jefferies degli ultimi romanzi, c'è molto più ritmo e i dialoghi sono scritti molto bene, su tutti la sorellastra della protagonista che è davvero spassosa e ben caratterizzata! Il corteggiatore marocchino della protagonista però, tale Omar, l'ho trovato parecchio irritante e sembrava quasi uno stalker, insomma non mi ha fatto impazzire. In generale non una storia incredibile, ma assolutamente rinfrescante rispetto a opere similari e con una trama semplice ma ...more
Rebecca
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a good story. I felt like Addy’s character was very complicated and wasn’t sure really what she wanted & I kept changing my mind about Omar. One moment I thought he might be a good fit but the closer they got, the more controlling he tried to be. He was very jealous & kept a lot of secrets so I didn’t really trust him.

I loved Fatima’s character & really hoped that she would get her happy ending that wasn’t linked to ‘duty’ or ‘honour’.

The last part of the book
Patricia Moren
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it
When Addys' father dies she discovers a letter and photo of her father and a woman. The story is set in Morocco and Addy travels there to try and find the identity of the woman and her relationship to her father. Lots of detail about Morocco and it reads like a travel guide. Interesting but I didn't really feel involved.
Tori Riley
Waste of time don’t read it
Dharanya
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
it is excellent book
Jeanie
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to netgalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
A nice easy read slightly far fetched in areas but overall a good read
Karen Smith
The book starts slow but it's definitely worth continuing to read. By the end I had slowed down almost to a stop, just so the story didn't have to finish. I want to find out what happens with all these characters that I now care about so much.
Will definitely be keeping an eye out for any sequel.
rated it did not like it

• The Christmas Party
  • Summer Hours
  • The Lost Daughter
  • The Lemon Tree Hotel
  • The Winter Guest (The Winter Guest, #1)
  • The Glass Woman