Start by marking “The Wickerlight (The Wren Hunt, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wickerlight (The Wren Hunt, #2)

The Wickerlight

(The Wren Hunt #2)

It's been two months since Laila was found lifeless on Kilshamble village green, not a mark on her. Rumour says she died of an overdose. Or maybe it was suicide? The autopsy found nothing, but somebody must know what happened.

Now Laila's sister Zara is ready to pick up the trail. But retracing her sister's footsteps takes her to David, a Judge at the dangerous heart of an
Expected publication: November 26th 2019 by Bloomsbury YA

To ask other readers questions about The Wickerlight, please sign up.
Bethany Young This was asked awhile ago so it may not be relevant any more but I’d read the wren Hunt first. Both books could be standalones but you’d understand…moreThis was asked awhile ago so it may not be relevant any more but I’d read the wren Hunt first. Both books could be standalones but you’d understand the history of the characters a lot better if you read the wren Hunt first (less)

Ashleigh (a frolic through fiction)
description
Originally posted on A Frolic Through Fiction

*Thank you to the publisher for sending me a copy of this book. This in no way affects my opinion.

Following on from The Wren Hunt, The Wickerlight takes on a slightly different cast of characters, this time following David – one of the antagonists of The Wren Hunt – and Zara, a new character. Zara and her family move to Kilshamble in hopes of a new start, but merely 10 months into the move, Zara’s sister – Laila – is found dead. Weird thing is, there’
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
AHHH I really hope this is what I think it is! Either way, Watson beautifully intertwines magic and nature and I’m so excited for this
Kayleigh
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found The Wickerlight a lot easier to get into than The Wren Hunt and I really liked it.
It has the same dark, mysterious air to it which is one of the things I liked most about The Wren Hunt.

It was nice to have more of an insight into David and his life this time around. After disliking him quite a bit in The Wren Hunt, The Wickerlight showed a deeper, more sensitive side to him and the love he has for his brother in particular is very heartwarming. It makes him seem less of the monster that h
Jane Kelsey
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Oh my goodness, loved this!!! You guys need to read the companion to The wren hunt. it was so good. [full review to follow]
Elinor
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75/5 stars
I don't know what it is about these books but the magic feels so real and I feel like I'm really in the story and feeling what the characters are feeling (which led to some intense feelings and my mind being all over the place). It feels creepy and mystical and magical and I love it (though feel a bit misplaced in the real world every time I put down the book).
I enjoyed this one even more than the first book - I loved getting a POV from David, which I wouldn't have expected to enjoy
Nicole
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book is like slipping into another world that's dark and earthy and magical. It's a little bit unsettling and utterly gorgeous. I didn't want to leave, and I read the last few chapters slowly to savor them. I loved THE WREN HUNT and wasn't sure this could top it, but it did. As always, Mary Watson's prose is exquisite and spare, the worldbuilding is lush and immersive, and the characters are incredibly compelling. I went from hating David to fully understanding him and his past. I c ...more
Bethany Young
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and hope a third book is in the works. I feel there’s so much more to be told within the characters lives. I love how Mary weaves a story just as magically and mysteriously as the folklore , magic and mysteries in the plot itself are said to be.
Eden
Kathryn Powell
Jan 22, 2019
Caro
Jan 25, 2019
If you'd like to get in touch, find me on Instagram @stonemadonna or through my website.

The Wren Hunt (2 books)
  • The Wren Hunt (The Wren Hunt, #1)