Start by marking “Summer Escape with the Tycoon: Destination Brides” as Want to Read:
Summer Escape with the Tycoon: Destination Brides

Summer Escape with the Tycoon: Destination Brides

(Destination Brides #1)

From whirlwind fling…

To wedding ring?

In this Destination Brides story, bidding on a Canadian adventure vacation results in the trip of a lifetime for divorce lawyer Molly Quinn in more ways than one… Paired up with gorgeous tycoon Eric Chambault, they’re pushed out of their comfort zones and closer together, until Molly can’t resist embarking on a fling. But as their vac
Published June 4th 2019 by Harlequin (first published May 16th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Escape with the Tycoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Escape with the Tycoon

Claire Robinson
3 - "You’re my first fling." Stars.

I’m a fan of Donna Alward, although this was my first foray into her M&B/Hqn offerings. It’s no secret that you know what you are going to get with this publishers releases, the heat and sexiness varies from different imprints obviously, but Summer Escape with the Tycoon was of the closed door variety.

A change of scenery and a challenge might be exactly what she needed…

There is nothing wrong with this book, I just wasn’t wowed. I loved the places that Mol
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Donna Alward has written an enjoyable vacation read for two individuals who overcome their past and move into new territory with love for the first time. Eric and Molly both needed a career reboot because neither of them was happy in their current situation. Eric was bitter over his recent divorce and she’s tired of the dealing with the breakup of a marriage being a divorce lawyer. He’s financially set and has built a multi-million-dollar company but he’s alone and estranged from his family. Mol
Kay (aka) Miss Bates
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
As I read Donna Alward’s Summer Escape With the Tycoon, I realized that I enjoy romance where the main characters are at a crossroads, out of their element/comfort zone, or about to embark on a fresh start. This context can make them more open to love, but also more vulnerable and uncertain. Alward is particularly adept at this theme. In Summer Escape, for example, heroine Molly Quinn has bid on and won her first alone-time vacation in years. At 29, she practises family law in her father’s law f ...more
SuperWendy
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was exactly what I needed after finishing a dumpster fire read with lurid plot conflict and over-the-top drama. Two characters, with relatable personal baggage (complicated family relationships, dissatisfaction with life choices etc.) meet on a outdoor adventure-style vacation and fall for each other. A nice, breezy read I inhaled in one sitting.
Isha Coleman
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Alward takes readers on an adventure. Molly and Eric are the perfect tour guides. Beautiful sights, heartstopping romance and a hint of risk, spell the perfect vacation. The beauty is there is no airfare required. All that's needed is an open heart, a sense of humor and a wicked imagination. The perfect way to travel.
Lindsi
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Canadian adventure setting of this book is definitely what made this sweet romance. Watching Eric and Molly go on an adventure together in the Canadian wilderness made me want to go on an adventure of my own. Their relationship was so heartfelt but also fraught with insecurities. Love the Romance line, and loved this book. Read this book for the perfect summer romance but a setting that’s utterly magical.
Jane Hunt
It’s been a while since I’ve read a ‘True Love’ romance, these concentrate on the emotional connection between the couple and the internal and external conflicts they have to overcome to find their ‘happily-ever-after’, whilst there is sensuality in these stories, it is of the ‘closed door’ variety.

This story is a good example of the genre, Molly is a likeable heroine, who has never really experienced love, and Eric is a troubled hero, who keeps his emotions well-hidden. Both successful professi
Debbie
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Molly Quinn is attending a fundraising dinner and silent auction, during which she impulsively decides she wants to ‘win’ a Vancouver Island adventure trip. Molly is tired of fulfilling her family’s expectations, and following their path for her life, but knows she’s the only one who can change things. At Vancouver Island, she meets Eric Chambault, the man she beat in the bidding war. After a rocky start due to her profession, a summer romance begins to develop between them.
I enjoyed the growing
Julie
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fabulous Donna Alward kicks off Harlequin Romance’s Destination Brides quartet with a poignant tale of taking chances, healing from the past and new beginnings, Summer Escape with the Tycoon. An outstanding tale from a phenomenally talented writer, Donna Alward’s Summer Escape with the Tycoon is contemporary romance at its best.

Divorce lawyer Molly Quinn has always been a good girl. She works hard, tries her hardest never to disappoint her parents and has always done what was expected of her
Eileen
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly and Eric’s story was an emotional and wonderful story of two overworked and unhappy people needing love to help them find themselves. I enjoyed Summer Escape with the Tycoon by Donna Alward, book one in the Destination Brides series. Divorce lawyer Molly Quinn needed a change in her life, so bidding on a Canadian adventure gave her a trip of a lifetime. Being paired up as the only singletons, Molly and business tycoon Eric Chambault were forced out of their comfort zones as well as to face ...more
Jane Kelsey
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, romance
Molly is a divorce lawyer and for the first time in her life takes an unexpected adventure break in Canada and that’s where she meets -again – Eric, a rich businessman that recently divorced. Although the characters sat at opposite ends, the chemistry between them felt real and it sparkled. Both Molly and Eric felt like real humans with real problems trying to figure out life and where to go from there. The characters grew a lot through the story and I really liked that there was no silly miscom ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book starts the Destination Bride Quartet series and the beginning of a relationship between Molly Quinn and Eric Chambault.
Molly is a divorce lawyer, feeling the burnout of her profession. A profession she chose to make her parents happy. Eric is a billionaire tycoon who feels the need to take a break from his work.
Little did either know that their escape on an adventure vacation in western Canada, would be the turning point of their lives.
The story was engaging. At times funny, and at oth
Diana
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summer Escape with the Tycoon by Donna Alward.
Molly Quinn is a divorce lawyer and Eric Chambault is a billionaire tycoon meet when they are both bidding on a destination vacation package. Molly wins and Eric decides that he wants to do the package so they both arrive on the vacation at the same time. Molly and Eric fall in love but fight it all the way. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend to anyone looking for a good book to read.
Gwen
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly enjoyable story, this is a story about two people who decided to please their parents and go into professions that they don't care for. When they meet, it is at a silent auction and Molly has had a lightbulb moment about her life. I re-read this story again because I enjoyed it so much. Great read.
Frankie
Molly Quinn is a divorce lawyer and Eric Chambault is a billionaire tycoon who meet when they are both bidding on a destination vacation package. Molly wins and Eric decides that he wants to do the package so they both arrive at the same time. Is it love? They both fight it all the way.
Kristen
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an entertaining story of overcoming the past, getting past the differences, and embracing the chances they’re given. Delightful characters and a fun story. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Michele Payne
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Donna Alward. Being Canadian it was great to read about a beautiful Canadian adventure of a lifetime. The romance between Molly & Eric was fun to watch develop.
Harlequin Books