Start by marking “Taming Natasha: A Bestselling Romance Novel” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Taming Natasha: A Best...

Nora Roberts

Taming Natasha: A Bestselling Romance Novel

(The Stanislaskis #1)

Don’t miss the first book in the beloved Stanislaski series from #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts!

Composer Spencer Kimball and his young daughter are new to town. It’s a small community, and in such close quarters beauty is hard to miss — and when he sets eyes on Natasha Stanislaski, he’s thunderstruck by the intensity of his attraction. The former balle
Published March 11th 2019 by Silhouette Special Releases (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Taming Natasha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Natasha

Cyndi
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Stanislaski series. Natasha is a beautiful woman who owns a toy shop. She has had a troubled past but is improving her life.
Spence has also had a rough time, but now he is trying to be a good father. That involves taking his little girl to the toy shop owned by a beautiful Ukrainian woman.
They get off to a rocky start on the way to romance and stumble over a few secrets, but that's what makes this one of Nora's classics.
One shout out I want to do for the fabul
Lizzy
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
It’s been a long time since I read a pure romance. Yes, that’s what Nora Roberts’s Taming Natasha is. There is no paranormal, science-fiction or mystery suspense twists in the plot, so popular today. You could say that it’s an old time kind of tale (not because it was published in 1990). But it does not come out as an outdated story at all.

Spence Kimball is a famous composer and college professor, and a widowed father. Natasha is a former ballerina now a toy store owner. Both had difficult re
Marisa Sauco
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dulce... Muy dulce ❤
Şeyma
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, e-book, harlequin
Yav bu kadının harlikuvin yazışı bile başka be sen yaz biz okuyalım Nora reyiz!
Pepi Spanova
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Наташа" - Нора Робъртс е първа книга от серията и "Станисласки". В тази книга проследяваме проследяваме живота на най-голямото дете на фамилията Наташа, която е оставила в миналото бурни младежки години. Тя държи магазин за детски играчки, децата я харесват и новият и живот процъфтява. И тогава в живота и се появяват Спенс Кембъл и прекрасната му дъщеричка.
Прекрасно написана книга от любимката ми Нора Робъртс. Това което харесвам в романите на авторката е, че докато четеш и си почиваш, отпуска
Arantzazu
Entretenido, escrito con la solvencia de la autora , que por algo es quién es dentro del género. Sin más pretensiones que una historia típica. Recomendable para un par de horas de asueto
Gabriela Kozhuharova
Няма как да сбъркаш с който и да е от олдскул романите на Нора Робъртс, когато в неделя внезапно ти се дочете приятно разтоварваща любовна история.
Jacob Proffitt
This is on the high side of Roberts' 1990s books. It's nothing stellar, with characters a little too predictably emotional and a plot that doesn't quite gel, for me. Spence is a bit too... commanding for the rest of his personality as a professor and composer and single dad. Natasha is a bit too... passive for the rest of her personality as an entrepreneur and dancer and with strong family support.

That said, this is one of Roberts' best depictions of a dependent child with Freddie (Frederica) st
Saly
Rating 3.5

I enjoyed this book, it was sweet and nice.
When the heroine Natasha meets the hero, she has a very bad impression of him mainly because she thinks he's a married man hitting on her while buying a toy for his daughter but she soon learns differently when she see him in class. The hero is a famous musician and composer and a widowed father who moved to give his daughter a new life and unexpectedly found a woman who awakens deep passion in him and is very prickly.

The moves are made by the
Yvonne
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good Nora Roberts book!
Ivonne
Gostei de ver a árvore genealógica ao início - mas ao mesmo tempo acaba por ser um spoiler.
Gostei da mensagem deste livro - amar e perdoar, não esquecer o passado e não ter medo de arriscar.
María José
Apr 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No sé si soy yo o es demasiado perfecto que ella tenga como negocio una tienda de juguetes, que él sea perfecto, guapo y tenga una hija y que acaben juntos porque todo es cosa del destino... siempre me gusta una buena novela de Nora Roberts pero a veces creo que son demasiado perfectas para mi gusto...
Maria
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The thing is that I started The Stanislaskis series beackwards with Waiting for Nick/ Considering Kate, and realized there were two othe books. I absolutly loved Taming Natasha because it's so heartbreaking what both Tash and Spence go through, and it's all about regaining one's sense of self. I think so far it's my favortie of the series. I loved the setting and the atmosphere very small town, and cozy and comfortable kind of like the McCade Brothers series. I loved The Fun House and how passio ...more
Tania Martins
Mar 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Uma história de amor engraçada, gostei do Natasha mas acho que faltava força à protagonista, irritou-me algumas das atitudes dela relativamente ao Spence mas tendo em conta o contexto em que foi escrito (década de 90) acho que está uma história bem conseguida.

A Freddie era muito engraçada, proporcionou momentos engraçados com a Natasha, a relação que elas criam é muito fofa! A familia Stanislaski é demais, todos muito peculiares...
Valeria Fetinova
Лека, забавна и романтична книга, която без проблеми допринася за един хубаво прекаран следобед.
Filipa
Esta parece ser outra saga bastante interessante. A Nora tem uma mão talentosa para lidar com famílias numerosas.
Maura
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Reviewed on Bewitching Bibliophile

I picked this one because one of the apps I was using to read was acting up so I couldn't read the book I wanted to last night. I downloaded this because it's one of my Nora titles I wanted to complete for 2019 and as soon as I started it I fell into it. Now keep in mind the reason Natasha's family came to the US was big in the 90s and yet it hasn't improved much because the same issues are going on right now.

I started this book and fell in love imme
Halle
I remember learning about the Stanislaski clan soon after I first started reading Nora Roberts' books in 2001, but I was unsuccessful in finding new or old copies of the series. That is why I have only now gotten my hands on Taming Natasha, twenty-seven years after it's original Silhouette Special Edition release.

Taming Natasha is a Category Romance Nora Roberts book, meaning it is roughly half the length of her typical Single Title novels (400+ pages) of the day. Because of how short the book
Oliviana Georgescu
Această serie cuprinde poveștile membrilor familiei Stanislaski, un neam de ucraineni frumoși, pătimași și sentimentali, cu sânge fierbinte de țigani în vene. Yuri și Nadia împreună cu copiiilor au trecut cu ani în urmă munții, marcați de teamă, frig și foame, dar sperând într-un viitor mai bun pentru copii. Și au reușit.
Primul volum, Îmbânzind-o pe Natasha este, după cum arată și titlul, povestea Natashei, fiica cea mare.
Relaţiile de familie, modul în care sunt redate, iubirea ce răzbate printr
Ann
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Nora Roberts love all her books can't wait to read more books by her
Quinn's Book Nook
There is nothing quite like rereading old favorites, and I've been loving every minute I've spent listening to the Stanislaski series via audiobook. Taming Natasha by Nora Roberts is the first book in the Stanislaski series, and while I don’t love it like the later books in the series, it really is a great start.

Taming Natasha starts off with a misconception, which leads to Natasha and Spence not getting off to a great start. Natasha is the owner of a toy shop in a small town in West Virginia. S
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No real story to this - just former ballerina who now runs a toy shop meeting and falling for a single dad and his adorable daughter ...
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1991
Length: 2871 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary Small-town. Shepherds town, West Virginia.
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Composer / teacher.
Heroine: Russian former ballerina now toy shop owner.
Trigger: (view spoiler)
sandra
Creo que darle 4 estrellas es demasiado, pero 3 estrellas no son suficientes, así que se queda en 3'5. Es un libro muy bonito, ligero y que se lee rapidísimo (apenas lo leí en unas horas!). El amor entre Spence y Natasha es precioso... eso sí, es más o menos un instalove, más por parte de él que de ella, porque Natasha lo odia desde que lo ve por primera vez jaja también hay que tener en cuenta la extensión del libro, que es bastante corto para lo que estoy acostumbrada leer de Nora Roberts. Per ...more
Pam
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taming Natasha is book one in the Stanislaski series by Nora Roberts. It is a great book and an easy read. The characters are realistic as are the events in the plot.
Natasha Stanislaski had moved from New York City to a small town. She has all she wants and needs with her toy store and her home. She consistently refuses to have anything to do with men. What happened in her past to cause this? That perhaps is the reason she reacted to uncharacteristically when a gorgeous man came in with a woman
Kari
May 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, audiobook
Set in the early 1990s, this story is a very bittersweet straight romance. I liked the characters as well as the love story. Natasha own a toy store in a small town in West Virginia. Spender and his daughter "Freddy" have just moved to town to start a new and slower paced life. For Spencer, it was instant attraction.

I loved Spencer. He was just too cute as he went about wooing Natasha to give in to their attraction. I loved that they ended up becoming friends. first and took things slowly. I wil
Lisa
Apr 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoy complicated plots and well developed characters, perhaps you should look elsewhere. When I reached the end of this book I was shocked ... because almost
nothing happens. Frigid toy store owner meets handsome music professor, he pursues her, she eventually acquiesces, she gets pregnant. Honestly, I picked this book up only because it was one of the few immediately available for download from my library as I was preparing for a long plane flight.
Danyelle Ferguson
One thing that's good about being sick, is getting to curl up with your favorite books. The Stanislaski series by Nora Roberts is one of my all time faves. I've read and reread this series over and over since my teen years. I was so happy to find it out as an ebook! Now I'm hoping my Nook will charge quickly so I can continue the series while I recover from the flu.
Esra
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Bu kadının yarattığı ailelere bayılıyorum.. Her bir üyesi birbirinden tatlı oluyor :D
Bir Nora Roberts klasiği, yine çok hoştu.. Acaba yeni bir MacGregor ailesi mi geliyor diye düşündürdü.. Umarım o seri gibi harika devam eder bu da..
En çok ilgimi çeken kardeş şimdilik Mikhail..

• Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Long May She Reign (The President's Daughter, #4)
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
  • The Cowgirl In Question (McCalls' Montana #1)
  • Wanted: Mail-Order Mistress (Gentlemen of Fortune, #3)
  • Destined to Last (Providence, #4)
  • Pandora's Box (Pandora, #1)
  • Thief of Light  (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #2)
  • Betsy Was a Junior / Betsy and Joe (Betsy-Tacy #7-8)
  • Within Reach
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • A Game with One Winner
  • Under the Mistletoe (Spencer-Nyle Co, #2.5)

The Stanislaskis (6 books)
  • Luring a Lady (The Stanislaskis, #2)
  • Falling for Rachel (The Stanislaskis, #3)
  • Convincing Alex (The Stanislaskis, #4)
  • Waiting for Nick (The Stanislaskis, #5)
  • Considering Kate (The Stanislaskis, #6)