Start by marking “Nightwalker” as Want to Read:

(Harrison Investigation #8)

Classic paranormal romantic suspense from the queen of the genre, New York Times bestselling author Heather Graham.

One night, desperate for money to support her grandfather, Jessy Sparhawk places the bet that will change her life forever. Just as she’s collecting her winnings, a man stumbles through the crowd, a knife protruding from his back, and crashes into her, pinni
Published March 11th 2019 by MIRA (first published March 31st 2009)

Kirsten
The last of the Harrison Investigations series by Heather Graham. And this was one of the best so far. Maybe it's because it wasn't set in New Orleans.... though, one of the casinos was called the Big Easy. Maybe it's because the ghost story was really good in this one. And, maybe it's just because the main couple's chemistry was just really good. But I liked it a lot.
Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Apr09

“I see dead people.” That line from The Sixth Sense, delivered by that child actor, has become one of the more famous, and infamously parodied, in recent history. It sent chills up my spine when I saw the movie and even now, just remembering gives me the shivers. I’m not sure what the continuing lure is for stories about ghosts, but it’s certainly an enduring part of every society and every generation. Heather Graham’s latest romantic suspense, “
Linda Prather
A neighbor gave me this book and because I have another neighbor who wants to read it I read it rather quickly. I became a Heather Graham fan a couple of years ago when my sister gave me a triology set for Christmas. I found this book disappointing in one respect: it had several typos and things that just didn't correlate with other parts of the story. With the current ebook explosion readers are becoming more and more incensed by bad editing and poorly written books. Most of this ire has been d ...more
Sheri
Dec 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nightwalker (heather Graham)
Suspense/Paranormal/Mystery
Jessy Sparhawk needs money to pay for her grandfather Timothy's home. An entertainer in Vegas, she does the one thing she rarely does. She gambles to keep her grandfather happy. While cashing in her chips a man ends up dead with a knife in his back. An investigation begins and soon a witness to this crime ends up dead as well. Dillon Wolf is hired to investigate. Soon Jessy and Dillon find themselves thrown together in this mystery and team
Carolyn
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graham-heather
Another good Harrison Investigation read (pre-Krewe of Hunters). The star of the book was definitely Ringo, Dillon Wolf's ghostly side kick. Another where I never saw the killer coming. I am now caught up on pre-Krewe books and I enjoyed the ride!
Nancy Ellis
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My go-to author for relaxation and enjoyment! She does an excellent job of combining mystery, the paranormal, and romance to make a good story. This, the final installment of the Harrison Investigations series, is set in Las Vegas, always a great location for a story!
Aparna
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars: 3 / 5
Recommendation: An intriguing paranormal plot heavily doused on history filled with murder, mystery, romance and ghosts.

Nightwalker is the ninth book in the Harrison Investigation Series by the paranormal author Heather Graham published in March of 2009. The plot is centered around Jessy Sparhawk - a pirate artist at one of the Las Vegas casino - and Dillon Wolf - a private investigator working for Harrison Investigations who is hired to investigate a murder. The plot is set in Las V
Lyn (Readinghearts)
Nov 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal mystery, mystery,
Recommended to Lyn (Readinghearts) by: Novel Ladies
The term Nightwalker is a Native American word for people who can see and talk to ghosts. The protagonist in this book, Dillon Wolf, is a Paiute who works for a company that solves mysteries where ghosts are expected to be playing a part. In fact, his sidekick, Ringo Murphy, is a ghost. Dillon and Ringo currently find themselves in Las Vegas, Nevada. They are sent there to work on a case which includes protecting a casino owner. They end up protecting a beautiful single woman who happens to be i ...more
Radella
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up because the premise looked interesting- Jessy Sparhawk is running on empty. Desperate for some money, she gambles what’s left at a Vegas casino. What she doesn’t expect is the large man who stumbles into her, and dies rather dramatically, with a knife sticking out of his back and a single word whispered in her ear. Suddenly, Jessy finds herself in the middle of murders, ghosts, and the obligatory sexy private detective, Dillon Wolf.
I found all the characters to be rather fl
Eridani
Apr 18, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Georgiann Hennelly
A great mystery combines the old west with modern day Las Vegas. Complete with a creepy ghost story. They must solve a mystery from the past to prevent it from happening again now .With the help of some ghosts and indian spirits. Can they solve it before its to late?
Michael Williams
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the Ringo character
Linda
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did not want this book to end. It was great reading and a mystery that is not solved until the end. The mystery starts a hundred years before with a shootout in a saloon in a small town of Indigo but ends in Las Vegas in a casino where Jessy Sparhawk is trying to win enough money to pay housing for her Grandfather. Dillon Wolf was called in to try and solve an attempted murder but the plot goes much deeper than that. Wonderful book.
Jennifer Peer
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the character development as always from Graham. She never disappoints. The action was fast paced and the secondary characters added to the dynamics well. The romance progressed at a believable pace and the Krewe came into play nicely without detracted from the main characters. Can't get enough of these novels!
Am
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reread
I can tell Graham isn't as familiar with the Vegas area as she is with some of the other locations she writes about. Or maybe because I live in Vegas, I notice it more. I'm not sure. It was just a bit distracting for me. Which sucks, because we all know I'm total trash for Graham and I'll read pretty much anything she writes.
Also, can we talk about how clear it is that Brent and Nikki are her favorites?
Ida
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heather Graham never fails to captivate you with her writing. Jessy an employee at a Vegas Casino finds herself in all kinds of trouble all beginning because someone literally dies on top of her on her day off. You thought you were having a bad day.
Davia
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I loved the legends and all the different ghosts in this book especially Ringo he made the book! Dillon was wonderful and Harrison's team is exceptional as always. I am on to the next. Congrats to Timothy! I will leave it there to avoid spoilers.
Janice
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book. Liked her writing style. Good characters, good plot. Would like to read more by this author.
Nicole
Jul 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Did not finish, it was so slow I just couldn't get into it. And the constant descriptions of how "appealing" Jessy was were just so cheesy and eye-roll inducing.
wally
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graham
finished this one this evening, 7:47 pee em, 12 september 2017 good read, i liked it, three stars.
Danielle
There are no other words to describe this except for absolutely riveting
Tammy
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took a little while to get into, but ultimately I liked it.
Theresa
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heather-graham
Nightwalker

I loved this book! A change of venue was nice to see. I didn't know there was so much history in
Las Vegas. What a must-read story!
Eds V
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
😊
Melissa Hongisto
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot. The ending was great. I was a little confused, probably because I listened to it. There were a lot of names to follow, but it was a great book.
Nicole Mortenson
I really enjoyed this one!
Shelly
This is a typical, formulaic Heather Graham story, which is exactly what I wanted to read. :)
Veronica Lindsey
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the cowboy ghost helper in this one!
Alyssa Nelson
I always love when mystery stories have a paranormal element to them. In this case, Nightwalker deals with a woman named Jessy Sparhawk who finds out she can see ghosts after a man dies on top of her in a Las Vegas casino. Private investigator Dillon Wolf is a Nightwalker himself (someone who can see ghosts), and finds himself drawn to Jessy. They team up and together try to solve the mystery of the death of Tanner Green and the mysterious word he said to Jessy.

There were quite a few things I li
Lindsay Boitnott
Sometimes you just need to read something predictable; a good novel with a solid story, fun characters, and no surprises helps when you’re feeling a tad burned out. This is when I turn to Heather Graham. A Graham novel will always contain a headstrong heroine, a smart kind hero, an intriguing mystery, a steamy romance, and ghosts! All good things!

Nightwalker did not disappoint. It contained all the classic Heather Graham elements and made for an enjoyable read during my commute. Jessy is a casin
Goodreads Librari...: Please Correct Page Counts 2 10 Apr 11, 2017 07:04PM
  • Night Moves
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Dead (Guardians of the Dark, #2)
  • The Awakening (Alliance Vampires #5)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do\Calling the Shots\Baring It All
  • Nocturnal
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)
  • Shadow Fall (Shadow, #2)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
  • Down River
  • Out of Body (Court of Angels, #1)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria

Harrison Investigation (8 books)
  • Haunted (Harrison Investigation, #1)
  • Ghost Walk  (Harrison Investigation, #2)
  • The Vision (Harrison Investigation, #3)
  • The Dead Room (Harrison Investigation, #4)
  • The Seance (Harrison Investigation, #5)
  • The Death Dealer (Harrison Investigation, #6)
  • Unhallowed Ground (Harrison Investigation, #7)
“Oh, Lord, she thought. This was crazy. She was being haunted by one ghost and guarded by another.” 3 likes
“You must grow strong. Pain must never cause pain.” 0 likes