Start by marking “Warrior Nights (Odin's Bastards, #2)” as Want to Read:
Warrior Nights (Odin's Bastards, #2)

Warrior Nights

(Odin's Bastards #2)

Liam Wolfson, the professional assassin, is dead. His new persona, Jack Hammerson, lives in a small town in Colorado, happy helping out as many of the townsfolk as he can. It’s his way of working toward some kind of redemption for his sins. Until one night when an amnesiac woman falls into his arms, calling out his old name...

Kara remembers nothing about her previous life
Published January 28th 2019 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Amara)

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Nights

Marta Cox
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
I've previously read a sci fi story by this author which I found very entertaining so was obviously interested in what she would do with what seemed to be a paranormal story. I don't see a lot of books around that take on Norse mythology and if honest I wasn't exactly overwhelmed by the synopsis but still i was piqued enough to want to discover more and actually I thought it far better than I expected.
Essentially we have an assassin trying hard to change his ways and actually do good following a
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
Kara has some unusual skills, an inexplicable attraction to Liam, and a bad case of amnesia. She remembers having a big dose of pride and judgement, along with a flitting memory of wings and armor, but how is that supposed to help her figure out who she is?

Liam has spent a few years trying to shake his persona of professional assassin and become someone worthy of forgiveness. Having a memorable, if past fling suddenly show up on his doorstep raises his sixth sense that his past has finally caug
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Sheryl Nantus has solidified herself as one of my go to fantasy/paranormal authors with Warrior Nights. This is the second book in the Odin’s Bastards series and is truly a standalone read. Surprisingly, I found myself a little disappointed that Brenna and Eric from Her Alpha Viking did not make an appearance. However, I can completely understand why they didn’t.

In Her Alpha Viking, Kara was cast in the villainess role. She took her mission regarding Brenna and Eric too far. The result was her b
Katrina Berry
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sheryl Nantus is a new-to-me author and definitely one I’m keeping an eye out on. Warrior Nights was an interesting read with captivating characters and a intriguing storyline...kept me on the edge of my seat as I read to find out what was going on.

Please note that an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.
Ola Adamska
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2019
This one was really, really good with the suspense and secrets that were going on there.
One night Kara just appeared on the doorstep of Liam's house with no memory of who she is or was. She just knows that she knows him (a feeling) and his name. Yes, that sucks. But... what if he's hiding and now could blow it away?
But there is a connection between them everything will be going on so fast that your head will be spinning and there will be lots of hot scenes as their connection will be palpable!
Re
Lisa
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, well written and characters are awesome. Can't wait for the next one.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the advance read
Hannah
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Odin's Bastards #2, I love Norse Mythology so the idea of Valkyries really appealed to me. The first half of the book was slow getting to the point, it establishes Liam and Kara's relationship past and present while Kara tries to remember who she is but other than that nothing much happens. The second half of the book picks up it has lots of action, suspense everything is revealed and it has a really nice ending.

Liam was a paid assassin until he had his come to Jesus moment after that
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Who’s looking for a smart, sexy, romantic suspense with a slight PNR twist? You’ll find it in Warrior Nights. It’s the second book in this terrific Odin’s Bastards series, but it truly stands alone.

I loved the dynamic between Liam and Kara. How Liam, though living a completely different life—a life of goodness and helping those in need—than when their paths crossed a year ago, never hesitated in taking in Kara.

And Kara, she’s a hot mess. She has no recollection of how she ended up on Liam’s doo
Eva Millien
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Odin’s Bastards series a thrill a minute ride that keeps readers glued to its pages. Liam and Kara are two strong, bold characters that really stand out and grab readers’ attentions as they struggle with personal demons and outside forces. Their romance is full of sizzling chemistry, blistering passion and lots of emotional turmoil, the kind centering on their inner demons and which really lets readers get to know their characters. Their romance is also hampered by Kara’s ...more
Tonya
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warrior Nights took me by surprise as the characters are written so well and I really enjoyed Kara and Jack's (Liam) romantic adventures. The danger, the excitement, amnesia, chemistry, romance, and character development kept me reading until way too late last night so that I could find out what happened. Liam was a dangerous assassin, but Jack has a big heart full of thanks and service to help others.

I thought the amnesia part would be a little overdone as it seems like this story has been tol
Christina
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

Damn, this one hurts. After reading the first one, I was already hesitant in picking this up, but that cover was just too tempting! (Side note, glad the cover was adjusted from the one I was given 😉)

Kara is the only returning character from the first book (yes, this can be read as a stand alone). In this installment, we meet her, unconscious, at the door of a mysterious man who actually recognizes her, even though she has no
Bec

Kara has fallen from grace. In other words, she's no longer a Valkyrie and finds herself walking on earth with hardly any memory. Really, the only thing she can recollect is the time she spent with Liam Wolfson. When she arrives on his doorstep, she finds he doesn't have the answers she needs to discover who she is. However, when the past collides with the present, Liam and Kara find they'll need to trust each other to survive the people coming after them. Will Liam and Kara be able to keep each
Jess
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
While the first of the "Odin's Bastards" series was a love letter to the men and women of the armed forces, Veterans especially, this book takes its own turn into one very specific Veteran and his struggles toward redemption. The core of the story is just that, and I think it comes at a particularly necessary time. Lately we've been mired in so much suffering, violence, racism, sexism and degradation of any values that ever made America "great", it feels like there is no hope for us to be "redee ...more
Olivia Farr
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Warrior Nights" is an interesting fantasy/thriller with some romance elements. Kara shows up at Liam's door without any memories of her life or knowledge of where she has been- she only knows her and his names. Considering that Liam is going by a different name and hasn't seen Kara since the week they spent together in Vegas over a year ago, Liam is shocked by this turn of events. He takes Kara into town to try to track down who she was before.

Kara learns that Liam was an assassin who had a rev
Nikki Brooks
Liam is attempting to salvage his soul. Once an assassin, he finally got to his breaking point and went off the grid. Now he lives in Nowheresville and is enjoying small town life as the local handyman. But Fate has decided Liam's life has been far too placid and decides to dump a tempting morsel right in his lap.

Kara (the beotch of a Valkyrie from book 1!) had a bit of a torrid one-weeker with Liam in Vegas before Liam began his self-enforced redemption. But she arrives at his door and has no c
Linda
Jan 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Not my kind of book. The synopsis does a good outline of the storyline (where I managed to get thru which wasn’t very far, just about 60pgs); it was mainly the heroine that I found hard to connect to, as more was revealed.

Liam and Kara had a week long fling (think a marathon sex week) in Las Vegas “no commitments, no questions asked, 1st names only” sort of fling where she picks him up at a bar (ugh) and takes him to her suite, all paid with by a stolen credit card that she filches off a “carele
Joyffree
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A phenomenal mix of the mundane and the magical!
The story line was a fast-paced but smoothly flowing - From the opening storm to the final strike of lightning - I was engaged and excited with the turn of each page to see what surprises were in store for our cast next. The author did a superb job of building the suspense tossing in some substantial twists and casting a bit of misdirection throughout the story line
The
Characters -
Liam- A retired assassin who just wanted to start over - was that
Joyffree
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
A phenomenal mix of the mundane and the magical!
The
Characters -
Liam- A retired assassin who just wanted to start over - was that
Anne Szlachcic
Warrior Nights is the 2nd book in this Author's Odin's Bastard Series , a Norse mythology themed storyline .

When Kara shows up on Liam Wolfson's doorstep in a remote Colorado mountain town it's a sign that Liam's past is not forgotten BUT Kara's is for she has amnesia . She does not know how she got there or why but does remember that they have a past .
They both want to solve the mystery of why she is here and what that will mean for them .but at what cost
As Kara starts to remember her past, ,
Konny
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Warrior Nights by Sheryl Nantus is a standalone romance novel with thriller elements.
Liam Wolfson, aka Jack Hammerson is living a quiet life. He works a generic job, lives in a generic house and stays for himself. Thst all is about to change when his past in form of a woman shows up on his doorstep.
Kara suffers fromk amnesia. She doesn't know who she is, where she came from and why she's on the doorstep of this handsome strangers. She literally falls into his arms and together they discover what
Helois
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven't read the first book in the series, and while I was a little concerned that I would be lost, I found the book easy to follow and probably in fact can be read as a stand alone. While I did find the beginning a bit slow, it is mainly necessary to set up the relationship between Liam and Kara, whom by the way are brilliant characters, well developed and vastly entertaining. Ok though.. I thought that the amnesia plot line would be kind of hokey or over done, but it really works. The use of ...more
Petula
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liam Wolfson is an ex mercenary living with a new identity. He is trying to atone for the sins of his past. He is happy in the little village out in the middle of nowhere. When someone he met in his previous life suddenly turns up, it puts him on edge.
Kara can't remember who she is, or how she got to his home. Trying to find out who she really is could bring all sorts of trouble down on them.
Our hero had a battlefield vision that made him re-evaluate his life. How can he ever make up for all h
Mellena
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warrior Nights was incredibly unique. I loved the plot! Sheryl Nantus completely captured me with Liam and Kara's story.

I love mythology, especially Norse. Mix in a former assassin and a woman with amnesia and it completely had me!

Though this is the second book in the Odin's Bastard series, it holds it's own and can be enjoyed as a standalone. I will be going back and read the first book. I loved Liam completely and Kara was an excellent character. I blasted through this book because I needed to
Maria Rose
Warrior Nights by Sheryl Nantus is the second story in her Odin’s Bastard series, an exciting and action packed paranormal romance with a Norse mythology theme.

When Kara shows up on Liam Wolfson’s doorstep in a remote Colorado mountain town it’s a sign that Liam’s past is not forgotten, despite his efforts to make amends for his previous mercenary acts. Kara has amnesia, no idea how she got there or why but with the knowledge that she and Liam have a history. Liam, who has made for himself a new
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liam is living a different life now , instead of an assassin he is helping everyone he can to try to make up for all the bad he did he goes by a different name and everything .
Then one night Kara shows up at his door and passes out but calls out his former name .
Kara does not remember anything other than the connection she has with Liam .
Their past never stays there and now people are there to make them both go away permanently.
This book has all the action. Romance and and awesome storyline
Karen Roma
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I start this review by saying that the cover of the book does not do it justice. Thankfully I was not dissuaded, and found that the content of the story was exciting and a little addictive too. As a fan of Norse mythology, I was curious to see where the author would go with this second story and was fascinated by the plot, and the chemistry between Kara and Liam was intense. There’s no lack of action and danger in this book and I personally felt this was a much better story than book one.
Ann (Fanni Ann)
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author for me and to tell the truth it is not what I expected, what I found was a well written and exciting suspense story with wonderful characters, I just need to go grab the first book in this series.

I received a copy from Netgalley and I am voluntarily leaving my own honest opinion
Tammy
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series but can be read as a stand-alone. Kara has fallen from grace and is no longer a Valkyrie. She doesn’t remember her previous life but does remember Liam. Sparks fly between them but will their previous lives catch up to them? Fast-paced read with lots of drama and suspense. The story is entertaining and really draws you in. I liked it.
Renay
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this roller coaster ride of a professional assassin and Valkyrie. The story was very captivating and never a dull moment. The romance was believable and touching. I since I read it out of order, I am going to read the first book. I admit I found a new author and series.
Karen Fisher
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a new author for me but I will be reading more by her. I enjoyed the twists and great world building. Kara's past, present and future blended so well. Jack's lineage was a shock. The ending was just perfect.
Sheryl Nantus is an award-winning romance writer published by Entangled, St. Martin's, and Harlequin's Carina Press.

When she's not writing about hunky heroes, she is sipping tea, playing board games and writing haiku.

A total fangirl at heart, she met her husband through an online fanfiction community and currently lives in Pennsylvania.

Odin's Bastards (2 books)
  • Her Alpha Viking (Odin's Bastards #1)
“Fly Valkyrie, fly. Fight for what you love. For who you love.” 1 likes