Start by marking “Willful Depravity” as Want to Read:
Willful Depravity

Willful Depravity

Giles Warrington Hale, Marquess of Ashcroft, was born to do two things. Paint and rut. But lately, nobody but Miss Patience Emery has inspired him. The moment he sees her, he knows he must paint her and have her-- anywhere and everywhere.

After a lifetime of trying to appear smaller, Patience no longer cares what anyone thinks. She’s resigned herself to a life having a man
Published January 21st 2019 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Scorched)

To ask other readers questions about Willful Depravity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Willful Depravity

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Inventive and spicy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book is something completely different from any historical romance I’ve ever read before. Much of the time we spend deciphering conversations that are written in old English style. But in this story the author chose to just write in plain English, which I appreciated.

This book is about an anomaly in Old England; a woman who is large. Larger than life but also large in body. The author did amazing job creating her character to be strong and fed up with
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖

Since the very beginning Giles's actions made me feel uncomfortable. He saw her at a ball, he followed her, he tried to get others to introduce her to him and I couldn't stop thinking that he was a stalker.

Don't get me wrong, he never forced her, he was really clear that he wanted her to want him and that consent was important to him. But he made me feel uncomfortable nonetheless.

I know that this is erotica and that there's going to be a lot of sex scenes but here I thought that it lacked on th
Kimberly
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Reviewed for Wit and Sin

A lusty artist meets his match in a confident printer’s daughter in Willful Depravity . Ingrid Hahn has delivered an erotic historical romance with a lot of potential and mixed results.

One of my favorite things about this story was Patience’s self-love. She’s spent her whole life hearing that she should lose weight, that she’d be pretty if only she did, but Patience is happy with how she looks and I loved that. Her confidence only grows over the course of the story and
Shelbi
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I was so excited to pick up this book because I was in the mood for some smut and it clearly held promises of fat representation. This book delivered. Not only did this provide loads (pun intended) of hot steamy sex scenes, there were parts the genuinely made me laugh. Like this line "Giles would sooner suck the boils on Satan's icy worm of a prick than ever belong to his father." There was also a part where Miss Emery was daydreaming of what it would be like to talk openly about sexual encounte ...more
Eva
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you want to read a novel about a young woman who is not as perfect as the rest of society, who weights more, who likes to eat and is self-confident - you really should read this one. It is about passion and its erotic. But it is also about a young artist and the quite sick relationship his father has towards him. He doesn't want him to like corpulent women. He doesn't want him to draw them or anybody else.

The only thing I really didn't like was the bawdy language - You can write erotic novel
Elaine
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sadly, I didn't like this book very much. It was supposed to be set in historical England but the characters didn't speak or act like it. Sometimes I forgot I was reading a historical romance because of it. It was quite jarring to be honest. Why not just make it a contemporary romance if you're gonna make the characters act modern anyway? And I didn't care about Giles and Patience or their romantic relationship. Actually I couldn't understand why they're attracted to eachother. Especially why Gi ...more
Elodie
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an unexpected read, as this book was advertised in my previous read, and the blurb about a plus size woman set in an historical romance was intriguing, so I just purchased it.
It was deliciously wicked and steamy but I also loved to see the characters grow and move from their usual way in life.
Patience Emery knows she fits nowhere because of her unusual figure, so she tries at most to blend with her surrounding but not easy when you are larger than anyone. She usually bends her face to a
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Willful Depravity by Ingrid Hahn is the story of Patience Emery and Giles Warrington Hale, Marquess of Ashcroft.
Patience is not the cookie cutter heroine (that I love too) that we always read about, she is a full figure one. Which being a full figure women means a lot to read about one in a romance. I read romance books to break away from my everyday life...it my escape and fantasy life. So I don't mind the thin women....something I will never be or the hot alpha male...something you will never
Tonya
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Willful Depravity is a wickedly erotic romance novel featuring Giles, The Marquess of Ashcroft and and beautiful Patience. The romance between GIles and Patience starts of with the physical relationship and develops into much more between them as the story line continues.

What is a perfect romance without a bit of conflict and drama, and Willful Depravity provides that as well in this even paced romance. I liked the book and really like Patience as she seems authentic.

There is a fine balance on
Calila
Received ARC via Netgalley

I don't read much M/F romance these days, but one surefire way to get me interested is to feature a "plus-size" model on the cover, and even better have that actually be what the character in the book looks like. I had some issues with the writing, it doesn't "feel" historical and whether it's accurate or not all the F and P bombs threw me off. It felt like the author was desperately trying to be "edgy". What did work was the romance, it took a little while for me to fu
Marie
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. A BBW lusted after by a Maquess? Yes, please. Patience is a beautiful woman, larger than most of the other girls and is treated cruelly by them. After telling off some "Lady's", she is then approached by a very broad shouldered, handsome man. He is Giles, the Marquess of Ashcroft. He has many talents such as painting and making love. Patience is exactly his type. He loves everything about her. She is the daughter of a printer and deemed below most of society. Giles is known as d ...more
RachelReadsandSings
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I had a feeling when I requested this one that I would enjoy it, and I did! It was overall a solid historical romance. It was a good length (only took me a day to read) and while there was a good amount of drama, the romance and smut was able to take the spotlight, which is what you want from this kind of book.

I really enjoyed Giles and Patience as well as their relationship. I really appreciated that Patience being plus sized wasn't fetishized by Giles. He simply treated her like a beautiful hu
Amy~ My Book Obsession
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is great for those who want to read historical romance but find the way they speak boring and difficult to follow. The author writes in the proper way of the times but with a taste of the present. You won’t have to remember forty different titles and subtitles just to understand why they are offended by a person. The story flows well and keeps you hooked through out the tale.
Patience and Giles are made for each other. Giles helps her to see they beauty he sees in her and helps her spe
Michelle Ogden
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Started this book last night. I had to immediately post about it on the Heaving Bosoms podcast Facebook group, The Heaving Bosoms Podcast Geriatric Friendship Cult. I was so excited to see a truly plus sized heroine in a sexy romantic role who is appreciated for her assets. Many of the HBPGFC members said they were immediately per-ordering from Amazon today.

I could not put this book down. You are pulled into the story by a spunky Patience who has had enough of being looked down upon because of
Janet
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Giles Warrington Hale, Marquis of Ashcroft, was born to do two things. Paint and rut. After a lifetime of trying to appear smaller, Patience Emery no longer cares what anyone thinks. She’s resigned herself to a life having a man in her dreams only. Then the mysterious Lord Ashcroft approaches her after hearing her give a set down to a trio of tittering spiteful debutantes & offers her a chance to act on her bold, scandalous, and depraved desires.
Giles & Patience are definitely in lust w
Suzanne
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is only in Mini-Reviews because I didn't want to write a five page essay on fat rep, unnecessarily evil villains, and unsexy sex. So, pretend I did all of that, and feel free to find me on Twitter or via email for specifics.

The heroine is fat, and I don't believe she hates herself. However. Everyone around her hates her for being fat (or at the very least, hates her fat) except for the hero, who seems to have a fat fetish. She never gets to just be a person. She's not simply beautiful,
Krystal
Try as I might, I just could not get into this story. From the synopsis, I was expecting a lot more than the bawdy tale of two horny people that this turned out to be. Don't get more wrong, knowing it was an erotica, I expected sex. But I also expected a better plot.

The potential was there. Oh my was it there. Especially with regards to Giles' father, but even that seemed to be written off a lot easier than I would have expected. In fact considering the right git his father was I didn't expect h
Tween 2 Teen Book Reviews
This was a fun read. The description makes it sound super sexy beyond the usual romance novel, but there isn't much out of the ordinary, save a few bits. I loved having a truly plus-size heroine though! I thought the characters were well written and I enjoyed the plot.
Stephanie Livingston-Bujold
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I first opened the book to read I thought "oh lord, it's gonna be a brittish ton historical romance just like the ones my grandmother had in boxes under her bed" ( I loved them , and they were scandalous- when I was 14 but not something I care to read now). Boy was I wrong! The basic story line was the same as the usual ton romance- aristocratic bad boy attempting to tempt the lower class lady and she captures his heart. That is right where the similarities end. I love these characters in a ...more
Teesbookjourney
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I was a litte shocked at how much I enjoyed this book. I picked it mainly beacaue of the cover. I love a book about a curvy women. A erotica/romance that doesn't fit the mold and this book delivered. I must have missed the time in which this was set in the description cause I was shocked by that as well. Surprisely the setting and year fit and worked with the story line.
The sex could have been rauchier but all in all Ingrid did bring the sexy. The ending was a litte jumbled, a little to much hap
Silke
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: curvy-heroine
Not recommendable in my opinion. The hot scenes lacked sensuality and were rather mechanical. I have found it tough to read because the sentences were rather short.
Amy Alvis
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Giles and Patience's story!

Being larger than what was accepted by the ton, Patience had gotten used to be ridiculed by her peers. So when Giles approaches her with a proposition, she thinks he is playing a joke on her. She soon realizes that his proposition is in earnest. Will she take the chance to finally realize passion or will she continue to have it in her dreams?

Loved that Patience a BBW heroine. We don't get many of those in historical romance. I loved that Giles saw her as beauti
Carrie Lomax
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a "typical" Regency historical, this is not your book. Look elsewhere.

If you're looking for a read-alike to Scarlett Peckham's Secrets of Charlotte Street series - Willful Depravity is for you!

Lush period details don't get in the way of the insta-lust and story flow. For any reader who likes their sexytimes with a side of satin and sin, this is your read. The heroine, Patience, is out of her trademark trait. Watching her grow bolder in confronting society bullies and watchi
Katrina Berry
Dec 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Willful Depravity’s description may have sucked me in but the execution seriously had me running as far and as fast as possible in the opposite direction; image it...flames appearing beneath my feet as I fled the scene in hot pursuit of a good read.

Hot mess is what comes to mind when thinking how best to review this one. I was so in love with the concept of a historical romance that featured a full-figured woman as the lead. Then I started reading and became quickly disenchanted.

Willful Deprav
Courtney
I found this book while poking around on NetGalley. The cover immediately caught my eye because of the scantily clad, plus-sized heroine. While I haven’t read anything by Ingrid Hahn before, I was more than eager to read a steamy story about a larger lady, so I was absolutely delighted to have my request approved. Many thanks to NetGalley and Entangled for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Because honestly, I really enjoyed it.

Patience is a larger heroine who, at age twenty-five
Lauren loves llamas
Content warnings: fat phobia (including heroine’s mother forcing her to diet)

It’s rare, in my experience, to find a historical with a plus-sized heroine on the cover, so I jumped on this book as soon as I saw it. True to the cover, this is an erotic romance with a delightful fuck-buddies-to-lovers story line, starring a plus-sized heroine and a titled rake.

“Allow me to offer you a certain…proposition.”
Her throat went dry. Proposition? Like…that kind of a proposition? Because she didn’t need to t
Sinamile
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, arcs
P.e. lolo
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica-romance
An old English story romance which I normally do not read. This though was not your normal book. Patience Emery is tired of people talking about her size and they have been doing it for years, now she is standing up for herself. After her give and take with some local girls. She has caught the eye of Giles Warrington Hale, Marquees of Ashcroft. He would like to paint her, but without any cloths and of course he also makes it known to her that he is attracted to her. Later that night at a party i ...more
Shelby
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
***ARC was provided to me for a fair and honest review***

Overall rating: 3.5/5 a duke’s son is into painting and large women

Heroine (Patience): 3.5/5 A daughter of a successful printer, she is on the fringe of upper society but aspires to be seen and accepted by the ton.

Hero (Giles): 3.5/5 Marquess of Ashcroft, heir and only son to the Duke of Silverlund is gifted with the skill to paint and chooses to use that gift to depict his sexual partners.

Plot: 3/5 Patience is sick of people only taking
Claire
3.5⭐⭐⭐ This was an enjoyable erotic take on a regency romance. I enjoyed the way Ashcroft completely loved the way Patience looked, and how he made her feel and believe she was desirable because of her larger size. I thought it was great how her relationship with Ashcroft allowed her to look at herself in a much more positive way and gave her the confidence needed to face the nastiness of the people in her social circle. The relationship between Ashcroft and his father was appalling and I couldn ...more
Ingrid Hahn is a failed administrative assistant with a B.A. in Art History. Her love of reading has turned her mortgage payment into a book storage fee, which makes her the friend who you never want to ask you for help moving. Though originally from Seattle, she now lives in the metropolitan DC area with her ship-nerd husband, small son, and four opinionated cats. When she’s not reading or writin ...more