Start by marking “How to Seduce a Bad Boy” as Want to Read:
How to Seduce a Bad Boy

Traci Douglass

How to Seduce a Bad Boy

(Point Beacon #1)

Melody Bryant has heard it all before. Sure, she's the epitome of the stereotype for a librarian. Loves order. Loves rules and deadlines. Loves books. But what she doesn't love is still being a virgin at twenty-four. Unfortunately, the only guy she's ever been interested in turned her down flat. And then left town. Eight. Years. Ago. Ugh.

Now her birthday is fast approachin
Published January 14th 2019 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Bliss)

To ask other readers questions about How to Seduce a Bad Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Seduce a Bad Boy

"Avonna
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

HOW TO SEDUCE A BAD BOY by Traci Douglas is a contemporary romance with an entertaining heroine who wants major life changes by her 25th birthday and a bad boy hero home from the service.

Melody Bryant loves being a librarian in her hometown, but she wants to break out of the stereotype. Her 25th birthday is in a few weeks and she has decided it is time for a makeover, which also includes her personal life. She has only every loved
♥Rachel♥
Jan 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF @25%

Felt too juvenile for my tastes. Not for me.
Beth
How to Seduce a Bad Boy was a fun, entertaining, and interesting twist for falling for your best friends sister...with a uniquely choreographed plot to win the man she's always loved. Douglass has created a contemporary romance that provides a marvelous book-cation.

I received this ARC copy How to Seduce a Bad Boy from Entangled Publishing, LLC - Bliss. This is my honest and voluntary review. How to Seduce a Bad Boy is set for publication Jan. 14, 2019.

My Rating: 5 stars
Written by: Traci Douglass
Alison
DNF at 25%.

I love a good trope as much as the next reader but this cliche-ridden romance had nothing to engage me.

Melody Bryant is that cliche, the small-town virgin librarian in love with her brother's BFF, the former military man now running an auto shop, Adam Foster. For his part, Adam knows his friend would never accept him dating the kooky but lovely Melody. When Melody begs Adam to teach her about men and dating he refuses but is conflicted, then her BFF gives her a makeover, puts her in a
Sissy's Romance Book Review
HOW TO SEDUCE A BAD BOY is the story of Melody Bryant and Adam Foster.
Melody is the town librarian who is of course bookish but she still has her innocents that she would like to shed. But the only one that has ever gotten her to feel something to move forward in that directions is her brother's best friend. But when she approaches him he doesn't want to cross that line with her brother friendship. But when he sees that she is changing her looks and looking for that change to her innocents he c
Elaine
This is a cute contemporary romance where Melody Bryant, the girl next door, is the younger sister of his best friend and so totally off limits . . . . if only they weren't so attracted to each other! He is Army veteran, Adam Foster, and he turned her down eight years ago before signing up but now he's back in town, as hot as ever and just the person she needs to help her ruin her reputation as the prim and proper librarian who never lets her hair down . . . .

It is a fun read, with laugh out lou
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Traci Douglass is a new to me author. I’m happy to say I have found a new author to read. How to Seduce a Bad Boy was definitely an enjoyable read. The story combines two of my favorite troupes, best-friend/sibling and friends-to-lovers. The result is a sweet romance with likeable characters and the start of a new series.

Melody Bryant is the epitome of prim-and-proper. The twenty-four-year-old is the local librarian. She rocks twinsets and pearls like she’s someone’s grandmother. She even has a
MarytheBookLover
Full review for the tour - Jan 17.
Cute book - not too steamy and fun. I loved that she was a librarian!
Katrina Berry
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh mah dayummm...*melts*

I absolutely love the older brother best friend type of romance. Add in all the feels and hotness, and viola you have a fabulous read like How to Seduce a Bad Boy! Ms. Douglass I gots my eyes on you...can’t wait to see what you do next!

Please note that an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.
MarytheBookLover
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Opinion:

I totally enjoyed this book. Mel is the hardworking librarian that needs to get out of her comfort zone and get into the dating scene. She is having a problem with getting men to pay her any attention and she is sick of it. So she devises a little plan to get what she wants. Get out of her old routine and get into the guy she has loved forever arms. Family friend Max is pretty cool and is a military vet, he has a shop where he employs only vets - totally loved that. Mel has her sights
Marija
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting, fun, entertaining story about falling for the best friend's sister.
I simply enjoyed reading it from the start till the end. I loved the plot and characters Melody Bryant and Adam Foster, local librarian and ex military now working in auto shop bad boy.
It is a perfect story to pass the holidays during this snowy and cold weather.
I am looking forward of reading the next books written by this author.
DJ
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy provided by the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Melody is determined to ditch her good girl image. She wants to attract the attention of her brothers bad boy best friend. How to Seduce a Bad Boy is charming and sexy. There's nothing new or groundbreaking about this story but its tons of fun! The characters are likable and charming. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Adam and Melody. I think my only problem is this story was quite short!
Linda Quick
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Melody thinks she'll be a spinster crazy cat lady librarian.....at the ripe old age of 25, so she propositions her brother's best friend, Adam, to help her change her style and her life. Adam has always been attracted to Melody, but as the town's resident bad boy and her brother's best friend, he's stayed away. When Melody put him on the spot, he said no, but then was afraid of what trouble she'd get into if she propositioned someone else...

This is the typical brother's best fri
Carolyn's
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The writing was superb and kept me not only interested the entire time but engrossed.

Melody is not a naive virgin, just a girl who fell for a guy years ago and finds no one else that measures up to share herself with. Adam is the playboy heartbreaker but finds Melody as intriguing now as she was years ago. Asked to help Melody with a makeover, Adam reluctantly agreed. But Adam cannot stand for Melody to get, want or desire anyone attention but his. Problem is, her br
Meaghan
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Something about Melody just really resonated with me. She was so well-written, I felt like I actually know her. And the romance was totally believable and fun. I loved this start to the series and look forward to more!
Maria Rose
Any book reviewer will tell you that ‘meh, it was okay’ books are the hardest to write about. It’s easy to gush about a really great book, or complain about the ones that get you in knots, but when a book is decent but not overly memorable it’s a challenge. How to Seduce a Bad Boy has a promising synopsis – town librarian wants to catch the eye of the resident playboy, a returned army vet, hoping he’ll help her lose her pesky virginity. The result? Meh, it was okay.

Melody Bryant is tired of bein
Bookgyrl
I love the 'sister-of-best-friend' trope so I went into this with high hopes. But.. alas.. I thought the book was too slow and not interesting enough for my taste. Melody is a stereotype to me. Librarian, almost 25, dresses like an old lady (she has a hairband!) until she decides to have a total makeover and asks her brother's best friend (who she had a crush on years ago, still has) to help her find a boyfriend.

Somehow the book dragged too much in the first half. Melody goes to a hair dresser
Erin Lewis
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Star Review of How To Seduce A Bad Boy by Traci Douglas

Traci Douglas is a new author to me. This was a fun, entertaining and read; a friends to lovers story.

Melody Bryant is determined to loose her virginity and she has just the man to help her in her quest, Adam Foster. Well if she can convince him that is.

Adam is her older brother’s best friend. The fact that Mel has been in love with Adam for years does not help as Adam believes that he is not good enough for her.

Coerced into helping Me
Tonya
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
How to Seduce a Bad Boy written by Traci Douglass is a delightful romance between two characters who really deserve to be loved. Bad boy Adam Foster tried to do the right thing when he turned down his best friend's little sister 5 years ago. He gets in over his head when she decides she needs help ramping up her image so she can get a man... only Melody (Mel) Bryant's heart still has it bad for the town's bad boy.

Mel is everything you think of when you imagine a stereotype of a librarian...and
Ayekah
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story! Best and one of my favorite tropes, brother's best friend, quiet sister who's got a serious crush, a splash of second chance romance, stir and relish this book!
Meet Melody the quiet librarian who dresses the part who has zero luck in the dating department and when her brother's best friend Adam returns home from his deployment she sees an opportunity to have him teach her how to cut loose and bring out that inner bad girl that she thinks might be in there somewhere. I'm laug
Bette Hansen
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This sweet romance was cute and fun to read. Melody Bryant is the town good girl and she's sick of it. Sure she may be a librarian and likes her world orderly and neat but that doesn't mean she doesn't want to have a little fun.
Being a twenty four year old virgin with no prospects in sight has her coming up with a crazy plan. Adam Foster may be her best friends brother but he's still the only guy who has ever tempted her. After turning down her advances in the past he owes her so who better th
Jeriann Fisher
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Traci Douglass has written an enjoyable childhood -friends-to-adult-lovers-story in How To Seduce a Bad Boy.

The story opened strong. I connected with Melody (Mel) Bryant & Adam Foster right away. Necessary backstory weaved seamlessly into the first few scenes. Mel is tired of striking out with guys. Now that Adam is home from serving in Afghanistan, Mel decides it's time to kick up her heels a bit.  “I need you to ruin my reputation.” that's how she asks her older brother's best friend Adam
Yvonne Cruz
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book by this author I have read, and I must say, I loved it.
Melody Bryant is approaching her 25th birthday. She’s a librarian, only has disastrous first dates, and dresses like an older woman. But now she has decided it’s time to make changes.
Adam Foster is the town’s bad boy, now a hometown hero after returning from Afghanistan where he served with James, Melody’s brother, and is also his business partner.
Melody and Adam have known each other since they were kids and she’s b
Teresa
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received a copy of How to Seduce a Bad Boy from Entangled Publishing and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review** The opinions expressed are mine alone and not solicited in any way**

How to Seduce a Bad Boy by Traci Douglass was a refreshing read and I really loved it plus I can't wait to read Lily and James's story.

Melody Bryant is tired of being the Plain Jane librarian of Point Beacon plus with her 25th birthday fast approaching she wants to get a complete makeover. She k
Crystal
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This was a fun book and I loved Melody. I enjoyed how she stayd true to hers lf while breaking out of her comfort zone! I’ll definitely read more from this author in the future!
Pamela Lilley
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love bad boy, friends to lovers, forbidden romances, and after reading the synopsis for ‘How to Seduce a Bad Boy’ I was excited to start reading. I struggled through the first few chapters, I felt that the author was trying too hard, and being overly descriptive. I struggled to relate to Melody, I found her a little bit needy and weak. That said, once I got into the crux of the story I started getting invested in Adam and Melody. Adam did in fact play the panty melting bad boy extremely well, ...more
Angel Hatfield
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Melody/Mel barely had enough time to avoid getting her toes run over as her latest first date hurriedly pulled away from the curb. She had thought the evening was going well. Lilly was Mel’s best friend and Mel called her and let her know the date didn’t go well. She said Michael who had been her date and her and talked for awhile than he went into his hot librarian fantasies . Mel was a librarian and this wasn’t the first time she had heard about that. Than Lilly told her her clothing made her ...more
Darlene Foster
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
How To Seduce A Bad Boy is the first in Traci Douglass new series called Victory Vets and is available starting today, January 14th. The premise of this series is a group of Army vets arriving home, starting new lives and finding love. Victory Vets also happens to be the name of the auto garage the vets started and/or work for. Never having read any of Ms Douglass previous work, I wasn't sure what to expect. Sure the title and description reeled me in but I had no idea what I was getting into. I ...more
Ann Lorz
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, father
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

This is a first time author for me. This is a case of the title calling to me so I had to read it. When I first saw this up for review I passed on it but unfortunately or should I say, fortunately the title kept calling to me.

So I gave it a try.

I'm glad I did. I enjoy the theme of falling for the older brothers best friends because isn't that kind of what happens in life. Maybe not always the "best" friend, but on
Amy
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Cute story. I find myself interested in the story for the brother as well.

I will admit, I don't understand the whole "you can't be with my sister" trope.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Beneath the Lighthouse
  • Game Free Preview Edition (The First 15 Chapters): with Bonus Prequel Short Story "Neutral Mask"
  • Unbound (Spellbound, #2)
  • Alchemy (Mercian Trilogy, #2)
  • The Claimed (Sin Hunters, #4)
  • Into The Light
  • The Light of Day
  • Animal Attraction (Hot in Hollywood, #2)
  • Pretty Shameless (Deputy Laney Briggs, #2)
  • Trapped (Blood Rose Tales #1)
  • Heirs of Prophecy (The Prophecies, #1)
  • Playing by the Rules (Portwood Brothers, #2)
  • The Backup Plan
  • Playing Dirty (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #6)
  • Always Be True: Tino (Sergeant Joe's Boys, #2)
  • Hell's Phoenix (The Road To Hell, #2)
  • The Possibility of Us
  • Ruck Me (Irish Rugby #2)
Fresh, Flirty, Fun. Sweet, Sexy Romance.

I'm a USA Today Bestselling Author whose stories feature sizzling heroes with humor, quick wits and troubled pasts and heroines who are smart, tenacious, and always give as good as they get. I hold an MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University and I love cute animals, chocolate, coffee, hot UK actors, and sarcasm—not necessarily in that order.