Start by marking “DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)” as Want to Read:
DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)

DEV1AT3

(Lifelike #2)

Lemon Fresh has seen better days.

After the climactic battle in Babel, she finds herself separated from Ezekiel and Cricket in the wastelands. Lemon’s abilities to manipulate electricity mark her as a deviate, and deadly corporate operatives are hunting her to use as a weapon in the war between BioMaas Incorporated and Daedelus Technologies. Instead, Lemon finds herself fal
Published June 25th 2019 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers

(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
Deviate totally lived up to my expectations! Now to await Book #3. How fast can you write Jay Kristoff? 😁

I absolutely love this post apocalyptic, robotic world! If you aren't reading this series - you should be! Kristoff does an amazing job of making you feel like you have been pulled in to his world. There is drama, humor, secrets, lies, manipulations, friendship, loyalty, love, deviate teens with some X-Men like superpowers, killers, fanatical cults set on purifying the race from deviates, dea
Chelsea Humphrey
Jan 10, 2019 marked it as paused-on-hold  ·  review of another edition
I need this book more than food and water and air.
Hamad
Nov 20, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
And now it has a cover (a little pink would look good on the shelf I guess??!)

Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
RELEASE DAY!

Review also found at:

Release date: June 25, 2019 by Knopf Books For Young Readers.

Reading the blurb at Goodreads will spoil you for book one, and we’re still a bit over two weeks out from release day, so I have to be careful about revealing too much.

If you haven’t started this series yet, the setting is a post-apocalyptic garbage dump, environmentally ruined America run by corporations. Most organic beings outside of humans are genetically-engi
Ishmeen
Jun 07, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Only halfway through 2018 and this is already my most anticipated novel of 2019 - that is IF it comes out in 2019 which I’m not even sure of 😭 y’all I NEED THIS SO BAD??!!

Can someone get me a time travel machine pls.

Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I really enjoyed Lemon Fresh in LifeL1k3. She was a breath of fresh air and I really hurt for her and Ezekial at the end of the first book. So I was dying to check out the sequel where our side kick takes center stage...

I think the title Dev1at3 totally suits Lemon's story and goes with the LifeL1k3 moniker quite well. I don't hate the cover design. I think in person it would probably be quite stunning in an understated sort of way. I w
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Great sequel to Lifel1k3, but wow, what a brutal post-apocalyptic version of the USA (Yousay), with superpowered mutants and robot death matches in a Mad Max type of world.

The main plot revolves around a group of lifelike androids - well, lifelike except for their extreme strength, speed and self-healing powers - searching for a hidden human girl who's the key to unlocking some old technology ... including a virus that makes robots no longer subject to Asimov's three rules. Like, you know, don't
Stacee
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
As soon as I found out this was a book with Lemon Fresh, I was all over it. Then the first page was a glossary slash refresher of all of the characters and I couldn’t stop grinning.

I loved Lemon so much. I was thrilled to get so much time in her head. She’s snarky and maybe a little prickly, but really the softest of marshmallows. There are a few new characters, but I’m going to leave that super vague. Same for what’s going on with the old characters.

Plot wise, it starts with a bang and doesn’
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

I've come to the conclusion that (along with a couple of other authors) I should just set up a direct debit out of my account each month to go directly into Jay Kristoff's bank account. This would cut out the middle man and let's face it I'm going to end up buying whatever book is the new release eventually so might as well do it in installments. This is my long ass winded way of saying he is an autobuy and I can't wait for this because I loved Lifel1k3.
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Rating ~3.5

That ending...wtf though

Safe to say this book was not what I was expecting. There was a complete shift in focus, where the first book was primarily all about Eve. This book was predominately all about Lemon.

The Cast:
Lemon
Our favorite sidekick got a promoted to newbie heroine status. In this installment, we learn that Lemon has known about her special abilities for quite sometime. She has chosen to keep her special ability hidden from everyone, even her best friend. But as always with
Amy Risner
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-books, 2019-arcs

ARC provided by Knopf Books in exchange for an honest review.

I had so much fun reading this one, y’all. I really loved LIFEL1KE, and this sequel did not disappoint. I will admit, however, that I didn’t love it as much as the first book. But that’s just because I had a few issues with the pacing and some of the predictable twists (which, honestly, is not a bad thing.)

DEV1AT3 picks up right after the events in LIFEL1K3. The group is separated into four POVs: Lemon Fresh, Cricket, Eve, and Ezekiel.
♔ Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔
I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT AN ARC OF THIS.
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

DEV1AT3 is the second installment in author Jay Kristoff's LIFEL1K3 trilogy. In the wake of an uprising in a post-apocalyptic USA, the robotic populace have been reduced to slaves, and androids (robots who look like humans) have been outlawed. LIFEL1K3 was about a girl named Eve and her best friend Lemon who find a ruined android in a scrap heap; an almost-boy named Ezekiel, who knows the truth behind the robotic revolt
♠️ TABI ♠️
this is a 100% appropriate reaction to that cover

Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
OMG GIVE US A TITLE OR A SUMMARY OR A COVER OR SOMETHING YOU RAT BASTARD!
Karen’s Library
Oh Jay Kristoff, you make me want to thump your head after that ending! How am I going to wait another year to find out what happens to my girl, LemonFresh, and Cricket, and the new friends they’ve made?? Grrrrr...

Lifel1k3, book 1, was touted as “Romeo & Juliet meets Mad Max meets X-Men, with a little bit of Blade Runner cheering from the sidelines" Dev1at3 was all of the above times 3!! It felt way more Mad Max and X-Men and to top it off, sidekick Lemon starred in this book! Her and Cricke
☕️Kimberly
Kristoff treats us to the perspectives of Evie, Lemon, Zeke (Ezekiel), and Cricket. I think this worked really well, as we gained more knowledge about deviates, lifelikes, and the world. Hands down Cricket and Lemon are my favorite characters.

In this book we meet more; mostly deviates. Abraham, Grimm and Diesel are key players. I shed a few tears along the way. Kristoff tackles some big life questions and tests his characters. I love that he never takes the path of least resistance and damn it i
Shehzeen Muzaffar
GUYS THE COVER😭❤🥰
MAY 2019???? MY BIRTHDAY GIFTTT!!! ALSO THE COVER IS GORGEOUS
THERE IS NO DATE? WHYYYY?? i want this book!
Kelly
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

I... loved this book.

How am I going to wait for the third book? Especially with that ending! Or should I say... cliffhanger?

description

I wouldn't be able to tell you if I loved this book more than the first. They were both really good and action-packed. I was hooked from the start and I can't wait to read the finale of this trilogy. But first, let me tell you a little bit about Dev1at3.

In this book, we follow Cricket, Lemon, Ezekiel and Eve right after the events of the first one. If you're worr
Nancy
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-galley
I am really enjoying this series. I think this second book in the Lifelike series is better than the first. It is rare when the second book is better than the first book. It does not have that middle book feel to it. It seems to be a bit darker than the first book too. The story picks up right where LIFEL1K3 left off. The focus is more on Lemon Fresh, Cricket and Ezekiel. It is fast paced, edge of your seat, and non-stop action. The ending is going to make you wish you had that third book now. T ...more
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I was really excited to read this since I couldn't wait to know what happened next after the plot twist that ended Lifel1k3.

This book focused more on Lemon Fresh's story and we get to know more details about her. I was confused by the new characters at first since there were a lot that were introduced in this book. But after a few chapters, I was already invested in them too!

Just like in Lifel1k3, this book had great characters! The new ones were just as loveable as the old favorites! Lemon Fres
Lauren
Oh boy. It’s hard to believe how quickly everything has progressed for these poor characters. This book really pushed the storyline forward and presented us with even more twists and turns for these poor characters. Right off the bat, we meet some new characters and the way Kristoff manages to weave them into the story so naturally is brilliant.

Lemon. Poor fucking Lemon. She’s gone through hell and back already and yet here she’s tossed around yet again and in for a whole new ride. From beginnin
kari
I wish I had gotten to read this all in one go, but work got in the way, so alas, I am finishing it now instead of a week ago as would have been better. But just wow. I've been in quite a slump recently as all the spring and summer releases have just been mediocre. Just okay. I've wanted something amazing and haven't been getting it. And then I got this. I'm a big Jay Kristoff fan, and while I liked LIFEL1K3 and really died over the concept, I didn't love it. DEV1AT3 though. Wow. Just wow.

Lemon
Sam (she_who_reads_)
Dare I say it...I think I enjoyed this even more than LIFEL1K3, and that was one of my favourite reads of last year! All of the characters we met in book 1 get fantastic storylines that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout, and the ending is so full of action and drama! It was just a fun and thrilling time. If you like Jay Kristoff, book 1, or just books in general, I can’t think you wouldn’t enjoy this one! But like, could it be 2020 now please so I can read the next one?!
Bibliofiendlm
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another pulse pounding, creative, poignant and humorous adventure that speaks of friendship, loyalty, romance and a significant commentary on the destructive nature of human beings.
Meghan
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jay has done it again! This book was driven by my favorite character and I couldn't get enough of her and her story! I laughed, I cried, I swore... the things that are a trademark for my reading of a Jay book! It shocked me again in where this story is going and I need to know what happens in the next book!!
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Thank you so much to Allen & Unwin for providing me with a copy of DEV1AT3 in exchange for an honest review.

***As this review is for book 2 in the series, there will be spoilers for the first book, LIFEL1K3 in this review!***

LIFEL1K3 was one of my absolute favourite books last year and I opened DEV1AT3 with the sort of reverence and fear that comes from hoping a sequel will live up to the first book. I should have known there was no way Jay Kristoff would ever let me down!

My favourite LIFEL1
Christy LoveOfBooks
This picks up right after the first book and things go from bad to worse for our little group of misfits. Everyone gets separated, so we follow Lemon, Zeke, Cricket, and Eve separately. And oh boy, it gets all kinds of crazy. There’s a lot going on in this book that easily kept me invested right up to the end. Omg, that ending! Anyway, I’m not going to say much, but it’s cool how Kristoff brought it all together.

One thing is for sure, Lemon is still my favorite. Lemon Fresh, you certainly are n
Erin
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finishing a Kristoff novel is like waking up from an addictive nightmare; breath shallow, head delirious, and heart battered and hammering while begging for more. My god.
Boston
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never expect anything less than the best from Jay Kristoff and I’m proven right over and over again. Geniusly written as always.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
You Are Never Too...: DEV1AT3 (Lifelike #2) - TBD October 2019 23 16 Jul 18, 2019 08:04AM

• Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Skyhunter
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • Malice
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • Thornlight
  • The Midnight Lie
  • The Kingdom
  • Untitled (Threads of Power, #3)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • War of the Bastards (Royal Bastards, #3)
  • Seven Devils (Seven Devils, #1)
  • The Serpent's Curse (The Last Magician, #3)
Jay Kristoff is the #1 international, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of THE NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, THE ILLUMINAE FILES and THE LOTUS WAR. He is the winner of six Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, has over half a million books in print and is published in over thirty five countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has approx ...more

Lifelike (3 books)
  • Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1)
  • Untitled (Lifelike #3)
“Sometimes you don't know you've crossed the line till you're on the other side.” 1 likes
“Don't mistake loyalty for servitude.” 0 likes