Start by marking “Spiritual Rebel: A Positively Addictive Guide to Finding Deeper Perspective and Higher Purpose” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  38 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Published June 11th 2019 by Monkfish Book Publishing

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Spiritual Rebel: A Positively Addictive Guide to Finding Deeper Perspective and Higher Purpose
N.N. Light
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is a myriad of books on the market to help people find their way through this tricky world. It could take a lifetime to simply find the ones that might apply to your exact situation. The author here has done the leg work for you. Through her incredibly well written journey, she has tried and tasted most every kind of spiritual way that exists.

The key here is not to follow her way in exactitude. The journey to your own level of preferred spiritual awareness is an incredibly personal one.
Keely
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, non-fiction, arcs
I received a free copy of this book from Book Sirens in exchange for a review.

Spiritual Rebel is a wonderful read for anyone who struggles with organized religion and wants to carve their own spiritual path. The book is broken down down into a 21 day journey with a daily theme, a couple of exercises to complete that are associated with the theme, some rebellious variations for the exercises if you don't like being told what to do (LOL), and suggestions (books to read, websites to visit, podcasts
Sophy H
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
Not for me.
Shannon
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I finished the book this evening and I wish I knew other people to discuss it with. It would be a great read for a spiritual or religious book club as it leaves great questions up for debate/discussion. It touches into many areas of ones faith and unapologetically lets the reader decide what they would buy into. I will be going back through the “workbook” portion to delve deeper. Overall, definitely worth some time and thought!
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this re
Tim Cigelske
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Spiritual, but not religious" has become a stock phrase that defines a younger generation that rejects institutional religion, but still wants to believe in something larger than themselves. But what does that actually mean in practice? What do you do if you consider yourself skeptical, yet longing for more?

Sarah Bowen provides a framework for these modern-day spiritual seekers who may be deeply ambivalent about what she calls "the G-word" (God) or "the B-word" (Blessing). In lively and energet
Lorena
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so much fun! Author Sarah Bowen describes her spirituality as “often fluorescent orange with a thumping bass beat.” If you’re still searching for a spiritual practice that feels authentic to you, this book is filled with thought-provoking stories and quotations, fun practices, and lots of resources for further exploration, all written in a friendly and often humorous style. I made avid use of my highlighter while reading this book.

I like how the book was organized. It starts with a
Tom Walsh
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Paths to the Jedi Temple are many

"...the ways our differences combine to create meaning and beauty" - Spock on IDIC

Spiritual Rebel is a wonderful guide to expand one's horizons and deepen one's perspective. Leaning into the Jedi path and the underling Power of Myth, Sarah Bowen has put together a comprehensive guide across a cornucopia of practices, beliefs and exercises from an extensive and diverse group of disciplines. Read by the author, Spiritual Rebel offers a well-constructed blueprint of
Melina Lobo
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
What is real? How do you define real?
🦄🦄🦄
Spiritual Rebel by Sarah Bowen is a guide to help anyone who is on a newfound journey and may not necessarily want to to stick yo one path or religion.
You can find many teachings in this book from the Bible to Buddha.
There is a week by week learning session with help tips, rebellious variations and videos, books etc that can help understand these topics more clearly and in depth.
The author draws from personal as well as professional life to put her though
Sharla
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't pick up a lot of self help books - I just don't - but, this book caught my eye. It was maybe just the adorable UniSheep, but I'm glad I read Ms. Bowen's book!

My own connection to spirt has been a winding journey and I have felt disconnected from the....(Ms. Bowen would approve of the use of this sci-fi term) Force. This book encourages curiosity, connection, and community in a way that makes me want to explore my own spirituality without judging it.

Her writing style is straightforward, h
Eileen Urbanic
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book took my confusion over spirituality and brought my beliefs into the light. I am not a one religion, or spiritual practice fits all my needs kinda gal. This book made me realize that it's ok, to take elements from different beliefs, put them together and have a spiritual practice that makes sense to me. This book will open your eyes to new possibilities.
Kasey Clark
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A thoughtful and humorous resource for tapping into great perspective, your true calling, spirituality, oneness with all beings, or whatever seems to be missing from your life. I will be referring back to it often in order to try reading some of the suggested texts and to also help me stay mindful in my journey to connect with this immense universe.
Stephen
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have fun with your inner spiritual rebel

A wonderful, quirky and abundant resource for those who define as spiritual but not religious. From Tibet to Tattooine the author engages her audience to push those boundaries and gain a new perspective.
Rachel
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Format: Kindle Edition
An uplifting book that is interesting and informative.

I really enjoyed the activities part which help connect you with your own inner spirituality and the world around you

Cindy
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting examination of finding what spiritual practices work for you. I appreciate the idea we can follow a path from different traditions simultaneously.
Joseph
Jul 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
Promising start but then it turned into just another "do this on Monday, do this on Tuesday,..." and that was the end of it for me.
Mickey
Noel
Sep 08, 2019
Lauren
Jun 22, 2019

• Healthy Healing: A Guide to Working Out Grief Using the Power of Exercise and Endorphins
  • Sensuous Knowledge: A Black Feminist Approach for Everyone
  • Words Are My Matter: Writings About Life and Books, 2000–2016, with A Journal of a Writer's Week
  • The Deepest Well: Healing the Long-Term Effects of Childhood Adversity
  • A Glorious Freedom: Older Women Leading Extraordinary Lives (Gifts for Grandmothers, Books for Middle Age, Inspiring Gifts for Older Women)
  • Total Cat Mojo: Everything You Need to Know to Care for Your Favorite Feline Friend
  • She/He/They/Me: For the Sisters, Misters, and Binary Resisters
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The Four Profound Weaves
  • This is Trying To Conceive: Real-life experiences from the TTC community
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Wow, No Thank You.
  • Nothing gold can stay: the colors of grief
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun
Recipient of Nautilus and other book awards, Sarah Bowen is multifaith spiritual educator, inspired speaker... and aspiring Jedi.

A graduate of New York City's One Spirit Interfaith Seminary, (Rev) Sarah is passionate about the study of the world's great faith traditions as well as travel to quirky, spiritually-charged locations. As a member of One Spirit’s academic staff, Spiritual Directors Inte