Start by marking “A Cruel Love (Cavalieri Della Morte #6)” as Want to Read:
A Cruel Love (Cavalieri Della Morte #6)

A Cruel Love

(Cavalieri Della Morte #6)

As a hitman for hire, Percivale is no stranger to violence.
From the moment he saw Blossom Jaymes through the window of her bakery, he knew he was in too deep. Not only was she as sweet as her perfectly crafted treats, but she was a soft-spoken, golden-haired angel that shone like a bright beacon in his dark world. And Percivale didn’t deal in angels. He dealt in death and
Published May 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Cruel Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cruel Love

Start your review of A Cruel Love (Cavalieri Della Morte #6)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
2 STARS
I’m going to enjoy breaking you, Blossom. Piece by fucking piece”

I hate myself a little right now as I write this review. Because here's the thing; I really REALLY wanted to lovethis book. The blurb and the cover hooked my attention right away, and I was SO ready for a gritty and dark mafia romance. Sadly, that's not what I got. And you know what? It seriously sucks being the black sheep that didn't enjoy a book that so many others clearly did. Le sigh.

Now look, if you haven't
Michelle Claypot_Reads
This one had me all kinds of hot and bothered. He's a bad man. There's no two ways about it.
She's a good girl. The kind of character I get all Mama Bear over.
Together they are explosive and surprising. Their chemistry is some of the rawest I've read and although I know I shouldn't love him (cause you know bad man) I really, really do! Percivale is not for the faint of heart - but then again the dark and damaged ones are often the best...

Get it on your TBR. Trust me.

Beta read
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5 "Dark Knight" Stars ⭐️
What a thrilling ride! A Cruel Love is a dark romance jam-packed with violence, sizzling hot interludes and feelings! I was hooked by this electrifying story and just couldn’t put it down! S.M. Soto shaped a fascinating pair with commanding, cold-blooded assassin Percivale and sweet little baker Blossom. The magnetism between these two is just off the charts and made me combust.

"He makes me want to be bad like him. He makes me want to do bad things."

Per
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 SWEET AND DANGEROUS CROWNS

Suspenseful and sexy, SM Soto delivers and mother action packed and steamy romance that will entertain readers from page one.

Perc, a hit man, given a job to eradicate a seemingly innocent bakery owner. Consumed by his attraction to her and his need to protect her, he is forced to choose between her and the life he has always known. Throughout his journey, readers will fall in love with this gruff man whose desire to protect and care f
Dora Koutsoukou
After I finished reading chapter 7, I decided to put it aside. Although S.M. Soto’s writing is fantastic, I found it hard to connect with the characters.
hugsandcookies
A little disappointing for me.

I don’t want to do this but SM Soto is one of my favourite Mafia writers and this one A Cruel Love just didn’t work for me. I tried to connect with the characters. I see the dark writing the bloody and even the hot make out s3x but although in the end I just thought this felt a little flat for me and it’s why I’ve given it 3 stars.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4.5/ 5 stars

Let me start off by saying that I loved both character's names so much, they are both so rare and out there, I just really liked them aha.

Percivale and Blossom have an unconventional love story but one I loved so much nevertheless. I feel like I'm finding the dark side in me again lately... I have been really feeling these dark/mafia romances and that is a pretty big deal for me. So you know, if you're a fan of them, don't miss this one. It's Elsa approved for sure!

Percivale
Meredith Wilson
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gawd! This book! A Cruel Love is a phenomenal must read by the immensely talented S.M. Soto. This book, just like all of her others, reeled me in from the very start. It's dark, gritty, dangerous and extremely intense. This unconventional romance was absolutely captivating and addicting. It's hard to put into words just how much I loved it!

Percivale is a man with a dark past who's void of all emotion except for when it comes to Blossom. She is the light to his darkness, and he is drawn t
CeCe
Jul 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF.
The writing is a bit awkward. The hero’s j/p behavior feels forced. I did not care for the hero. I was unable to connect with the characters and their behaviors. The reactions to certain situations felt out of place.

I loved the premise, but it did not work for me.
It may work for you. Reading is subjective.
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️
THIS IS JUST THE KIND OF BOOK I NEEDED! Suspenseful! Sexy! All consuming, I couldn't put this book down and only did because I had shit to do!

Loved Percivale so much, one of my fave asshole book boyfriends! The chemistry and tension between Perc and Blossom was so hot and intense, I could feel in my bones!

Loved loved loved A Cruel Love!!!
100sweet
Jun 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF @12%.

What kind of sleaze bag H watches the h be assaulted and decides to keep watching to see what will happen next?
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
I'm completely blown away. S.M. Soto never ceases to surprise me with her talent. This time she gave us a dangerous and angsty story that keeps in constant suspense from the first to the last page. And A Cruel Love is the perfect title for this book. Because although its heroes found love on its cards, we certainly can’t find it sweet and simple. This story is full of danger and brutality, and its main heroes are such opposites, that we probably can’t find bigger ones. But that's what makes A Cr ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jess~

Another winner in this dark and dangerous series.

Percivale found himself being one of Arthur's men because as a young boy he was on a mission, that likely would have gotten himself killed. With his own vendetta still driving him, he also does his thing for Authur. This time his job is an innocent little baker who doesn't know when to give up.

Blossom has made some ill choices in her life, but searching for her friend has probably been the worst of them. Unknowingly she has put herself in dea
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book blew me away. It’s dark, intense and had me on the edge of my seat throughout entire book. S.M Soto writes the most deliciously dark love stories. Percivale and Blossom’s story is dangerous, ugly yet beautiful and as the title suggests, a cruel love. Saying that, I loved every dark moment of it. I was enthralled and addicted from the very first page until the last word and I never wanted it to end.

A Cruel Love is not a typical girl meets boy, falls in love at first sight and live a hap
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
A good addition to the series, enjoyable and gritty. I'm fairly certain it's also the longest story so far.

A Cruel Love was written in a way that made it feel quite dark, although it never really waded any further than the shallows. It's a twisty and fairly action packed story of opposites attracting. And those opposites, Blossom and Percival, have enough chemistry to power a small city.

I really wanted to be able to say I loved this book - it had so many of my favourite things in there. A Cr
LianaReads blog
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cruel love is part of the Cavalieri Della Morte but it's a full-length standalone book with so much feeling that will just keep you glued to your seat till the last page.
We know that all of the heroes are paid assassins and Percivale us no exception. He had such an unfateful past that made him seeking revenge but along the way comes a sweet and shy woman, Blossom that is so oblivious of what is happening around her and even if he has to do his job, he also has the urge to protect her from ever
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
Delicious. Dangerous. Dark and Deadly.

I am in complete lust and love over this book!!! WOW guys!! I'm telling you the second this book releases you need to one click! It is perfection in every way. I promise you'll be pulled in from the very first paragraph, it’s so mesmerizing and seductive.

"Heterochromia. One eye is a bright green . The kind of green you’d associate with the forest or grass. But the other eye… that eye is a blend of cornflower blue."

Percivale. Good God, even his name sends s
Coco.V
Sep 26, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/26/2020)! 🎁
Cindy M. Green
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a sexy, gritty read by SM Soto. Her love stories aren't your quintessential hearts and flowers, but that's exactly what makes them engaging! Once again we are engrossed with characters you can't help but fall in love with. Honest, heartfelt writing that has you wanting more. You're guaranteed a roller coaster of a ride ❤️
HeartBreaker
May 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
While I love this author and her book this book was just a big NO for me.
The plot wasn't interesting enough for me.The way this book started was just silly and all it did was draw my interest away.
I'm sorry but I didn't like it.
Rebecca
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m no stranger to S.M. Soto’s dark romances, so I was ready for the messed up situations and dark circumstances that the hero and heroine would have to face at the hands of potential enemies, sadistic bastards, and even one another.

The world that Percivale introduces Blossom to is not one she would ever choose to be a part of, but it’s one she now must try to venture through and to endure because she is forced to face situations that test her boundaries, test her strength, and test her trust i
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
4.5 stars As shocking as it may seem, a year ago, I had no idea who S.M. Soto was and now, I one-click her books so fast my kindle nearly catches fire. That and said kindle may combust from the sheer chemistry between her characters and the chemistry between Blossom and Percivale is hot! A Cruel Love is a fast-paced, dark contemporary , standalone romance that will keep you entertained until the very last page. After all, you have a hitman who falls in love with his prey and a heroine who falls ...more
Vanessa (nessreads)
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 “Sinfully Delicious” Stars!!!

If there is one thing that is most certain, its S.M.’s ability to keep me wanting more. Y’all, she’s done it again. I don’t know what’s gotten into me lately, but my dark heart has awakened and it’s craving for dark romances has been unsustainable. And honestly, I’ve got to keep her happy and feed her what she wants and that’s all the darkness.

Blossom is good in all sense of the word. She’s sweet and innocent. Sh
aãmmÿ
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A toxic relationship between a baker and hitman. Cruel Love was not my favourite in the Cavalieri Della Morte series and I think it came down to the main characters who were hard to like.

Percivale is one of the Cavalieri assassins sent to kill a woman who has been asking too many questions and causing problems for the organisation. The problem is he can’t kill her and instead lets his fascination with her take over. Instead of killing her he kidnaps her which puts both their lives at risk. I fo
PP's Bookshelf
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
S.M.Soto has crushed my heart with the angsty darkness in A Cruel Love. This is about beauty of finding love in bloodstained ugliness. There is no escape from S.M.Soto's brutally honest and brilliant words.

Percivale is the devil himself. His traumatic past has turned him into a cold, calculating, ruthless killing machine who only seeks revenge. He doesn't believe he has any goodness inside him. Till his mission brings Blossom in his life. And Blossom turns his world upside down with her innocenc
Michelle Krystel
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advance readers copy of this book and have decided to write a voluntary honest review. At first when I started this book I thought it was gonna be short but once I got into the story line I was so glad it wasn't. Perc is not your average bad boy he's extra bad lol. He's means and cold hearted not much will make think twice and hardly ever apologizes but that's just him the appeal. Blossom the girl is his complete opposite she's so good hearted even I wanted to say to her it's ok t ...more
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
This one was okay for me, nothing that I haven't read before. I've read so, so many dark romances with the same characters in a sense. It's hard to find one that's fresh, new for me. If you're new to the genre, this one is like a starting point, a beginner's manual. I did love the writing, flowed well. Yet, I kept putting this book down, no urge to finish.

I'd definitely check out the author's other books, like I said the writing was good. But this story has been told too many times to me. Insta
Kelly Green
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I love when a heroine that seems all meek and quite finds her back bone and tells the man how it's going to be! Percivale is one of those that does all the wrong things for all the right reasons. So that makes it really hard to hate him even when you think that you should. Blossom starts out this story being quite the damsel in distress. There were times in this story that I was not sure how it was going to turn out, or even how I wanted it to turn out. I didn't know if I wanted them to be toget ...more
queen_of_the_books_18
Wow this was a deliciously dark book written by S.M Soto!

It was an epic read and probably my favourite book in the series so far.

S.M Soto had me addicted, glued to the pages... never wanting the book to end. The suspense was off the charts, the danger, the angst.

S.M Soto killed it with this dark, gritty read.
Manoela
4 Stars

I really enjoyed this story, and after finding it was good to see the darker side it is dangerous for SM Soto to come back active. Cruel Love is a story of those that has caught my attention from the beginning. There is a Dark romance , action, and several hot moments!

Blossom and Percivale are characters who have a traumatic past, but each one dealt with it in a way, but when the world of these two collides the attraction is instantaneous and the chemistry explosive.I liked both characte
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Darkest Deeds (Cavalieri Della Morte #7)
  • Sorrow's Queen (Cavalieri Della Morte Book 13)
  • Hate Crush
  • Kristoff (Blaire's World)
  • XV (War of Roses, #1)
  • Cross your Heart
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • Underwater
  • The Truth about Tomorrow
  • Hurt Me
  • Play Me
  • Falling for the Beast (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #2)
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Cruel Sanctuary (Wages of Sin #1)
  • Then There Was You
  • Damien's Promise (Vengeance Trilogy, #1)
  • VII: Seven (War of Roses #2)
  • Something Wicked Anthology
S.M. Soto was born and raised in Northern California where she currently resides with her son. Her love for reading began when she was a young girl, and has only continued to grow into adulthood. S.M. lives for reading books in the romance genre and writing novels with relatable characters. She refers to herself as a bit of a romance junkie. S.M. loves to connect with readers and eat copious of do ...more

Cavalieri Della Morte (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Beautifully Brutal (Cavalieri Della Morte #1)
  • Vow of Obedience (Cavalieri Della Morte #2)
  • Martyris (Cavalieri Della Morte #3)
  • His Salvation (Cavalieri Della Morte, #4)
  • Ivy's Poison (Cavalieri Della Morte #5)
  • Darkest Deeds (Cavalieri Della Morte #7)
  • Scarlet Mark (Cavalieri Della Morte #8)
  • Delinquent (Cavalieri Della Morte #9)
  • Redemption (Cavalieri Della Morte #10)
  • Valor (Cavalieri Della Morte #11)