Start by marking “In Case You Missed It (#lovehim, #5)” as Want to Read:
In Case You Missed It (#lovehim, #5)

In Case You Missed It

(#lovehim #3)

Brooks is convinced his life is totally, one hundred percent happy.

Until Darien tracks him down.

Darien was supposed to be the guy he kissed once and remembered forever, but now he’s back in Brooks’s life, with easy smiles and big ideas.

The first of which … show the homeschooled Brooks everything he’s missed out on. But as the pair work through a spring of playing catch up
Published February 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about In Case You Missed It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Case You Missed It

Kathryn Manzella
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Case You Missed It by S.M. James is the fifth book in The#lovehim Series but can be read as a stand alone book. It is a beautiful story of two boys finding love together even through fears, sickness and doubts.

I love the characters of Brooks and Darien. They are adorably sweet and gave me so many feels. Its emotional, entertaining and amazing. Well written, well developed characters and plot.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and re
Maria Vickers
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Case You Missed It by S.M. James is a sweet, poignant, and emotional story that will stick with you. If you are looking for an LGBTQ story that is YA, then you will want to check out this book and the others in the series. Now, this is not the first book in the series, however, each book can be read as a standalone, and I honestly think they are getting better and better with each release.

Brooks and Darien weren't supposed to be anything except a kiss and a memory, but Darien has other plans
Valerie
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't expecting such a highly emotional book (yes, I cried several times) and yet I loved every word. Brooks and Darien, both highly likable characters, have one kiss that both of them remember three months after it happened. Brooks is hesitant to want even a friendship with Darien, but he's very persuasive and Brooks finds himself out of his comfort zone, but having the time of his life after Darien moves into town. But Brooks has a secret and Darien suspects something and when all is reveal ...more
Danielle Chambers
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god I loved this book so much. Darien and Brooks were both so amazing. Both were extremely likable and realistic. I loved that we saw a teen who knew who he was and was confident in himself. Brooks was such a sweetheart.

And man. My emotions were all over the place. I’m not gonna lie, I cried several times. There were also times I was laughing out loud. And my heart felt for these boys. Their love for each other was so strong.

The diversity and awareness in this book was great. I don’t wan
Lisa
This story was very personal to me as I’ve had a friend with the same issues as Brooks I know as soon as I started reading what the problem was and at one point I considered not finishing it it brought back so many memories mostly good but some not so good.

This story was worth the compassion and sensitivity for the subject matter it was pleasure to read.

It had me laughing and crying quite a few times but the relationship between brooks and Darien was a tale of a beautiful friendship and not let
Karen Meeus
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love everything this author writes! And even though this entire series is amazing, In Case You Missed It definitely stands out from the others.
The book has the same humor and sweetness, but the characters don’t have it nearly as easy, if that’s even the right word, as the MC’s that came before.
Brooks, mysterious and elusive Brooks, has a secret. One that will break your heart. I wasn’t prepared for it, neither was Darien, and boy did it hurt to read it. Both these boys show so much heart and
Qukatheg
Shelves: review-copy
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Brooks and Darien had met once before during a holiday party, on a non-date that ended with a kiss goodnight. But despite promising to get in touch, Brooks didn't. Now Darien is moving into the same neighbourhood and they meet again.
Brooks wants to maybe be friends, Darien wants much more but will take anything he can get. Brooks is scared where things might go, because he has a secret (view spoiler)
Amy Aislin
Having never read anything by this author before, I didn't know what to expect, but man am I glad I requested an ARC from Gay Book Promotions. It was fantastic!

I loved both of our heroes, and even though I wanted to smack Brooks a couple of times, the author did an excellent job of portraying his vulnerabilities and insecurities as they pertain to his unique situation. And Darien... What can I say about him except that he's the type of hero you swoon over in romance novels. Brooks and Darien wer
Amy Dufera
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Case You Missed is an accomplished romance by SM James. My attention was grabbed immediately, and I stayed up reading late into the night. It is as riveting and emotional as I've ever read.

When the pansexual Darien falls for Brooks, Brooks say no, as he doesn't want to date anyone. He has one huge secret that looms over his head and he's terrified to tell Darien.

Both men are in situations that are tragic. Eventually, they start inspiring one another, opening up all the possibilities to them.
Deli
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
"In Case You Missed It" is the third novel in the #lovehim series. While it can totally be read as standalone, it comes with a cute shortstory ("For The Win") as prequel which i personally really recommend reading first.

"In Case You Missed It" really took my feelings on a rollercoaster. At times i was so anxious !
But while this book definitely is darker than the 2 previous ones in the series and deals with a serious issue, one could still find the humor and warm feelings someone familiar with t
Terri
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was really special. Darien and Brooks were perfectly matched, and they changed each other for the better. Their romance was full of ups and downs, and Brooks' health was only one of the obstacles they had to deal with. I was very emotional over both guys, and there were several times that I am not ashamed to admit that I cried over them. Luckily, some of those tears were due to happiness.
I adored Darien, Brooks, and Brooks' cousin and best friend Cameron. The supporting friends and fa
Michelle MacQueen
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a heartwarming book. I honestly couldn't get enough of Darien and Brooks. Darien is the kind of guy everyone wants. He loves Brooks so much he wants to stick with him through anything.

The two already sort of know each other when Darien moves to town, but they grow closer - as friends. Brooks claims he doesn't date and has reasons for this. Darien will take whatever he can get just to be around him. As they grow closer and secrets are revealed, they have decisions to make. They can
C. McIntosh
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Katie Kaleski
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! I read it in almost just one sitting. It was sweet and cute and heartbreaking and made me smile, but also made me teary-eyed on a few occasions.
The beginning might’ve been a bit dragged out but that could be a personal preference because I tend to like shorter books. Brooks and Darien were both good characters. There was a thing or two in the book that kind of bugged me, but I don’t know how to do the hide the spoiler thing, but know they weren’t major things. On overal
Matt Miller
Shelves: john-read
When Darien finally tracks down his crush, Brooks, he’s determined to win the boy’s heart. Even though Brooks has made it clear that he “doesn’t date…”

…Because Brooks has a secret and, despite his feelings for Darien, he’s determined to keep Darien from getting too close.

Both boys learn to face their fears and trust one another as they deal with feelings, friendships and a situation that could push them apart.

In Case You Missed It is a beautiful story of young love that is at once heartwarming a
Dee Winston
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm speechless. This book has really floored me. I dont usually read young adult books, but this book may have changed my mind. It has made me believe in young love again. And love can heal anything. This book has made me realize that you have to live for today and not hold yourself back because tomorrow isn't promised. I loved and adored these characters. I'm going to be in a book coma for a while.
TamaraLynne Stewart
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was very excited to be an ARC reader for S.M James newest book In Case You Missed It I was given this book free for an honest review I enjoyed this book so much it had me laughing and crying many times threw out the book the characters are great and lovable and has a great story line you just need to know what happens next 😁
Amanda
Shelves: my-e-books
I absolutely loved this book! The characters are so real and dynamic. It was incredibly sad and emotional but also uplifting and genuine. The writing is simple but not simplistic and while being great for young adult audiences there are a lot of very grown up issues. I highly recommend this one and will definitely be reading the others in this series!
Pat Nelson
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This sweet, poignant, powerful, engaging, emotionally charged, grab-you-by-the-feels, have you laughing and crying at the same time, and totally awesome story is a fantastic, fresh, and completely unexpected twist on the traditional YA trope. It had me hooked from beginning to end, and although this is the first book I've read by this new-to-me author, it definitely won't be my last.
Melanie
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-fXy on 2/11

for all our reviews visit http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords...
Rebecca Bosevski
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic mm romance.
Feb 13, 2019
Barrett Parsons-justice
is currently reading it
Feb 14, 2019
S.M. James
Nov 26, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Snazzycat17
Soumets et' Obéir
Jan 17, 2019
Anita
Jan 17, 2019
YA LGBT Books: ARC REVIEWS REQUIRED - "In Case You Missed It" - gay YA 2 19 Feb 10, 2019 10:36AM

#lovehim (3 books)
  • That Feeling When (#lovehim, #1)
  • To Be Honest (#lovehim #3)